Stacked charts #4

Hi

I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is
reached. Ex. I have a mashine that produces 1000 it's goal is 2000. The chart
should then show a column that is red because it is under the goal. I also
have a maschine that produces 3000 and the goal is 2000. The coloum should
then change to green. Is it possible to make a chart like this in excel?

Regards
Ticotion
0
Ticotion (1)

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Ticotion <Ticotion@discussions.microsoft.com> said:
>I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is
>reached. Ex. I have a mashine that produces 1000 it's goal is 2000. The chart
>should then show a column that is red because it is under the goal. I also
>have a maschine that produces 3000 and the goal is 2000. The coloum should
>then change to green. Is it possible to make a chart like this in excel?

Yes. Have two columns. One (the red one) has the production value if the
production value is under the goal, and zero if it is over. The other
(the green one) has zero if the production value is under the goal, and
the production value if it is over.

=IF(value<production,value,0)
=IF(value<production,0,value)

If you plot them together, they will never appear at the same time, but
will seem to be one column that changes colour!

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"Ticotion" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is
> reached. Ex. I have a mashine that produces 1000 it's goal is 2000. The chart
> should then show a column that is red because it is under the goal. I also
> have a maschine that produces 3000 and the goal is 2000. The coloum should
> then change to green. Is it possible to make a chart like this in excel?
>
> Regards
> Ticotion

Callouts in Charts
Does anyone know a way to keep the pointer of a callout assigned to a point in a graph? I am trying to add additional data points to graphs and my callouts don't follow the point. Is there a way to do this without moving the call out every time? You could use a datalabel instead of a callout. Not the same visual effect but... If you do decide to go that route, you may want to use Bovey's XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or Walkenbach's ChartTools (www.j- walk.com). -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS O...

Error Message 0x8004210A #4
I am able to send emails, outlook is not able to receive any emails, as they are timed out. I have turned off spyware, firewall all security has been turned off. I have checked and rechecked the settings and changed the settings on the advanced tap to 3min.40 sec. as far as being timed out. My mail is being received on the server, which is accessable via the internet. I have had these issues in the past, however rebooting my computer previously which helped this issue in the past. This solution is not working this time. I received mail yesterday morning, and all of a sudden the incoming...

XL Charts: Let my mouse drag all data labels for a whole series.
Excel charts should allow my mouse to drag all the data labels for a whole series in unison. For example, instead of having to move each data label one-at-a-time to the right of each column, I should be able to move them all together. Aside from the time savings, the greatest advantage would be the ability to move all of the labels a precisely uniform and equal distance from their original locations. This feature would be especially useful when one-or-more series in a stacked column chart is too small to allow enough space to display its labels within the the column -- Stuart Brates...

Stacked bars with textlegends in each stacked bar
Hi Group I wonder if this can be done. Data like this A | 0 | 3 B | 3 | 0 C | 2 | 3 1' column is legend 2' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "1" (first stacked bar) on the X axis) 3' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "2" (second stacked bar) on the X axis) Here I would like to have 2 stacked bars Each have legend inside bar IF value is more than 0 That would say in this case ___ ___ | | | | A | | B |___| |___| | | | C | | C | | 1 2 Hobe I explained so that you guys undetstand :-) cheers ...

Change Color of x-Axis-lines and legends in chart
Hi NG i have an existing chart with two lines on the x-axis. (1 line for previous-values(blue), 1 line for current-value(red) ) now i should change on of these colors. I tried to find something under format legend, chart type, source data etc. but i didn't find a solution. maybe i've overseen it. is there anybody to tell me where i can make the change of the colors? thanks for helping. Regards Reiner Hi Reiner, You can double click one of the lines in order to display the format dialog. Change the colour from the Patterns tab. Other ways to display the dialog are, select a l...

Conditional Format? #4
Excel 2000 ... I know this is basic ... However, I always have a "brain cramp" when dealing with ... "Empty Cells &/or Blank Cells" I want to set Conditional Formatting in Cell A2 to turn Cell pattern "Green" whenever Cell B2 is EMPTY or NOT BLANK. What is the Contional Formatting Formula for this??? Hopefully, I will know how to get Conditional Formatting where I want it once I have the answer to above ... :) Thanks ... Kha Isn't that gonna mean that the conditional formatting will be applied all the time. When would you want the cell not to b...

PocketPC Charting
I have an aviation weight and balance sheet that produces a chart and a plot point for my center of gravity. I created a graph envelope using x/y number pairs and the final center of gravity point is placed on the chart after all calculations are done. My question is does anyone know how to make this chart function on the PocketPC platform? I have tried various PPC charting programs but can't seem to figure it out. Thanks Scott --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

CImageList #4
Hi there, How to I put images which are not of type bitmap into an CImageList. I have looked a cxImage using the following but this does not work. CxImage imgSmall("MSN.Blue.png",CXIMAGE_FORMAT_PNG); result = imgSmall.IsValid(); CBitmap bmpSmall; HBITMAP hbmp = imgSmall.MakeBitmap(); CBitmap* pbmp = bmpSmall.FromHandle(hbmp); result = m_imageList.Create(16, 16, ILC_COLOR24, 110, 0); result = m_imageList.Add(&bmpSmall, RGB(0, 0, 0)); Any other suggestions. Thanks, Iain "Iain William Wiseman" <bibble@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message news:433b9ff3@clear.ne...

Drop Down List for Chart
I have grouped my series into several groups. How do I display a drop down list including the groups which will dynamically identify which series to plot on the chart? For example: Group A = Series 1, Series 2, Series 3 Group B = Series 4, Series 5 Group C = Series 6 Drop down list includes values: "Group A", "Group B", "Group C" When Group A is selected within the drop down, Series 1, 2 and 3 are plotted on the chart. Do you mean you have to plot data, and have the chart move week to week? if so, easiest way is to use a hlookup/vlookup "savior1&quo...

Stacked column with line chart
I have a chart which shows units gained above the axis, units disposed of in a column under the axis and net units as a line. I have trend lines on 3 months average for both the units gained and disposed of. I am now being asked to show units massed moved under the line stacked on the diposal units. How do I accomplish this? I looked for a custom graph in Excel and cannot find one to do what I want. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Draw your own custom chart. For an existing chart, right click on it, select Source Data from the pop up menu, and click...

4.0 Client Install -- ERRRRRRR
So the install goes fine. Run through the config wizard and that seems ok (detects all tenants with no errors) Open Outlook, looks like it goes through the inialization process then it errors out and the toolbar goes grey. There are 2 errors in the event log. Initialization of the Microsoft CRM UI failed. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. HR=0x80004005. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=665. The Microsoft CRM command bar could not be loaded into Microsoft Outlook. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80004005. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrInitializeUI. Line=14...

How do I only add every other month to my chart
I have totals for each month for several years, but I would like to just show every other month on my chart. Is this possible, if so can you explain. Thanks! EXCEL 2007. I don't know how realistic this is as I have not seen your data but one possibility is that you could set it up as a Pivot Chart. In the PivotChart Filter Pane you can then select / de-select whichever time frames you like. Please hit yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "kmt1984" wrote: > I have totals for each month for several years, but I would like to just show &...

Stack overflow question
Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack Overflow at Line: 31". When I click OK the page finishes loading fine. Any suggestions as to what is going on? Running: <<< System Summary >>> > Manufacturer : eMachines Inc. > Mainboard : eMachines WMCP61M > Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V > Processor : AMD Athlon Neo MV 26 @ 1600 MHz > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ...

Bar Chart Date XAxis Thin Bars
I have a bar chart with dates on the xaxis being resorted (primary axis = automatic). There are 26 entries over a one year period. The trouble is the bars come out as vertical lines, I can't set the xaxis format so that they have any thickness. If I set the chart to not sort the xaxis then the bars are okay. Your axis is set so the base unit is days. Each bar must then fit within a band 1/365th the width of the chart. If you change the base unit to months, you will have two ro sometimes three points occurring at the same month. You shoucl consider changing from time scale to cate...

charts and graphs position shifts when inserting new charts
When i tried to insert new charts or graphs into my slides, the other pictures, (charts/graphs/images etc) gets shifted. I have to re-arrange them again. Is there any way to work around this problem? Which version of PPT are you using? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "wy" <wy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0684D5E-74BF-4138-A2E3-99C91CAA3FEF@m...

Visio 2000 Service Release 1 #4
Does anyone have a copy of this available for download? Bravejoe "There's fodder for the cannons and the guilty ones can all sleep safely." Andy Partridge XTC "That's my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller "It Doesn't Matter!" Bravejoe remove the "t1","us" and replace "com" with "net" from my email address to reply privately. ...

Copy Data from Chart to Chart #2
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you Karen - Make a chart for the first employee, and make it look just the way you want it. Then right click on the sheet tab, select Move or Copy, and make a copy. Then make eight more copies....

Grouping of chart.
Hi all, I have 4 charts in a sheet. all charts are overlapped on by one.I have used transparent method. Now i want to print this char in to another sheet or document use copy and paste command. But i coul not able to print it. I can print the first chart only. There is an method available for group the chart? So i can copy the all the chart easily. Thanks and Regards, Ram Kumar. -- ramkumar_cp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ramkumar_cpt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2867 View this thread: http://www....

Stacked charts #4
Hi I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is reached. Ex. I have a mashine that produces 1000 it's goal is 2000. The chart should then show a column that is red because it is under the goal. I also have a maschine that produces 3000 and the goal is 2000. The coloum should then change to green. Is it possible to make a chart like this in excel? Regards Ticotion On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Ticotion <Ticotion@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is &...

If Function #4
Thanks Gord, I've Been Stuck On That One For Days -- geoman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- geomanc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1513 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26769 ...

charting #2
i have a column for person's name, and serveral other columns with values on time used for TV, CD, etc.. how can i generate a chart which presents to me a list of all names with the time used for TV, CD, etc during year 2006 ? Depending on how your data is laid out, you may be able to sort it and then use data|subtotals. Or maybe even data|Pivottable. If you've never use pivottables, here are a few links: Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm And Debra's own site: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html...

colors #4
does anyone have a list or a link to the list of VBA color coding ie... gray = 1 -- apple ----------------------------------------------------------------------- apples's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1529 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27014 See David's site http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "apples" <apples.1ebupy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:apples.1ebupy@excelforum-nospam.com... > > does anyone...

Multiple charts in one sheet
I have about 30 to 40 charts in one sheet that i plot out on a large sheet of paper weekly. each time i open the file, all the charts have resized on their own. Sometimes all i have to do is go to print preview and return to that sheet and the charts have resized. how do i keep the charts from resizing? i have tried protecting the worksheet by selecting "objects". [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting and a copy was sent to the cited author.] I believe MS has acknowleged this to be a problem with some versions of XL. Search support.microsoft.com ...

stack
Hi, I am writing a c application, but when I put a member inside a function I get stack overflow, the member is an array of struct: mytype tArray[30]; mytype is struct of this type: typedef struct{ int x[500]; int y[500]; long l;}mytype; what is the size of a c function stack? can I define the size of the stack? (I am using visual studio 6) Thanks. Dave wrote: > Hi, > I am writing a c application, but when I put a member inside a function I > get stack overflow, the member is an array of struct: mytype tArray[30]; > > mytype is struct of this type: typedef st...

Stacked Chart
Hey everyone, Does anyone know if there is a way to get a stacked chart side by side? For example, you have airplanes, cars and trains on the x axis and values of 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. I know you can have all these values in one bar but is it possible to have two stacked bars for one x-value? For example, for airplanes, you have one bar with 2005 and 2006 and a bar next to it with the 2007 and 2008 values. Thanks, appreciate your help. Try one or more of these links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP...