Stacked bar, bar and line graph

I am trying to create a chart with the following data:

Series 1-8 with bars
Series 9-10 with stacked bars (two different data)
Series 1-10 with a line across all

Is this possible in one chart?
0
JoAnn (49)

This should give you ideas:

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/08/07/clustered-stacked-column-combo-chart-with-lines/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"JoAnn" <JoAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to create a chart with the following data:
>
> Series 1-8 with bars
> Series 9-10 with stacked bars (two different data)
> Series 1-10 with a line across all
>
> Is this possible in one chart?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

disable yellow bar in outllk 2002
Is there any way to disable the yellow bar at the top of all the email, in Outlook 2002. I'm sure this bar is a plus for some. But I really don't care if there are extra lines in the mail that have removed. Thanks, David "David" <dredfearn@msn.com> wrote in message news:03ad01c356d4$1e323c10$a401280a@phx.gbl > Is there any way to disable the yellow bar at the top of > all the email, in Outlook 2002. > I'm sure this bar is a plus for some. But I really don't > care if there are extra lines in the mail that have > removed. > > Thanks, &g...

how to change the font color in the subject line
i like to know if i could change the font color (red, blue,...) in the subject line? if yes, please advise the steps. thanks, cwong668 you can't for sent messages, but you can change the look in your inbox by using views - specifically the automatic formatting option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com J...

Word
Need the ability to change the thickness of change bars in Word. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e7eb23b6-0e91-40b4-ab39-0c7b6b6edd31&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement ...

Stacked bars with textlegends in each stacked bar
Hi Group I wonder if this can be done. Data like this A | 0 | 3 B | 3 | 0 C | 2 | 3 1' column is legend 2' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "1" (first stacked bar) on the X axis) 3' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "2" (second stacked bar) on the X axis) Here I would like to have 2 stacked bars Each have legend inside bar IF value is more than 0 That would say in this case ___ ___ | | | | A | | B |___| |___| | | | C | | C | | 1 2 Hobe I explained so that you guys undetstand :-) cheers ...

emailing link from Explorer tool bar
Prior to the installation of xp ( i used to use millenium) when I "send a link" from IE 6.0 it opens Outlook Express as it should but adds the url as an attachment rather than in the body of the email which I prefer. I can't find any setting adjustments on OE 6 or IE 6. Anyone with any ideas? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5...

on bar graph, how to superimpose line of average values over bars
i am creating a bar graph with death rates for 8 cities in los angeles for a particular disease. Now I would like to draw a constant line at a particular rate through the entire bar graph to indicate the target rate. Hi, Rather than drawing the line using shapes, which will be static, add an extra data series. Here are a few pages on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.processtrends.com/pg_charts_horizontal_line.htm Cheers Andy Kavitha wrot...

How do i get rid of grid lines in an inserted excel sheet?
I have inserted an excel file into a publisher document. I want to remove the grid lines that print. I want just the excel chart to print, no grid lines. Can you give the chart no lines in Excel before you insert it into Publisher? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "paigec" <paigec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6FF6065-3954-4F0C-A5CC-FE0C15D32B0A@microsoft.com... >I have inserted an excel file into a publisher document. I want to remove > the grid lines that print. I want just the excel chart to print, no grid > lines. Publisher d...

after scanning bar code without hitting enter or pressing OK butto
can anyone tell me how to scan a item bar code to tender without hitting enter or press ok button? Thanks shawn Shawn, That can cause problems if your customer decides to buy a second scanned item, but if you _really_ want to do it, change your scanner setup to add an <Enter> key after the scan. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" unde...

Stacked column with line chart
I have a chart which shows units gained above the axis, units disposed of in a column under the axis and net units as a line. I have trend lines on 3 months average for both the units gained and disposed of. I am now being asked to show units massed moved under the line stacked on the diposal units. How do I accomplish this? I looked for a custom graph in Excel and cannot find one to do what I want. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Draw your own custom chart. For an existing chart, right click on it, select Source Data from the pop up menu, and click...

Formula bar #2
I am using XL 97. i know that i can hide the cell entry by using the ;;; format, but the entry still displays in the formula bar. Is there a way to allow data entry in a cell, but have the entry not show in the formula bar. I want the formula bar itself to be visible. thanks Billy First make the cell invisible by using the ";;;" format. Then choose the "protection" tab in the same dialog and select "hidden" checkbox. You can uncheck the "Locked" checkbox if you want to allow the user to enter data in the cell. Then protect the sheet using Tools...

Is it possible to keep the month and day together on one line in .
In letters or other documents, sometimes the day gets separated from the month at the end of a line. I'd like to keep the month and day together. In WordPerfect, there was a code that kept these two on the same line. Is there anything in Word 2003 that can do this. Thank you. Word probably has a solution. Ask in a Word newsgroup. Now if you really meant Publisher, highlight the date, format, character spacing... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Running Deer" <Running Deer@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Attachment bar in outlook
I am trying to add an attachment bar in the new message window (below th esubject bar). I can only see this bar when replying to e-mails but not when composing new ones. Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ it's presence is determined by the message format - use plain text or html, not RTF. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com ...

Grid lines not printing
I've got a weird one here--one of the people I support has an issue where a spreadsheet they are trying to print always prints without gridlines. THe gridlines show up in print preview, and print fine from other machines. I can't find anything in the Excel options menu that seems to apply. Any ideas? Pat wrote > I've got a weird one here--one of the people I support has > an issue where a spreadsheet they are trying to print > always prints without gridlines. THe gridlines show up in > print preview, and print fine from other machines. I > can't f...

Command-line switch
What's the command line switch to get Outlook 2002 to be minimized on launch. I'm setting Outlook to launch on start-up, but I want it minimized. Win XP Pro, Office XP (OL 2002). Thanks, Mark Flynn I don't think there's a command line switch for that but there's a setting on shortcuts that you can set to have it start minimized. "Mark Flynn" <flynn.mark@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ubGzJJSnDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > What's the command line switch to get Outlook 2002 to be minimized on > launch. I'm setting Outlook to launch o...

Different Fill Area on Simple Bar
Windows XP Professional Office 2000 I have a simple bar graph that shows the number of times a specific "reason code" is used and only the top ten reason codes are shown on the graph. Now, any reason code can fall into one of two different buckets. I've been tasked with altering my graphs to not only show the number of occurrences for each reason code, but to change the fill area of the bars based on bucket assignment. I will leave one bucket property as default, but would like to change any reason code bar that falls into the second bucket to a different pattern. I...

Stack overflow question
Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack Overflow at Line: 31". When I click OK the page finishes loading fine. Any suggestions as to what is going on? Running: <<< System Summary >>> > Manufacturer : eMachines Inc. > Mainboard : eMachines WMCP61M > Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V > Processor : AMD Athlon Neo MV 26 @ 1600 MHz > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ...

charts and graphs position shifts when inserting new charts
When i tried to insert new charts or graphs into my slides, the other pictures, (charts/graphs/images etc) gets shifted. I have to re-arrange them again. Is there any way to work around this problem? Which version of PPT are you using? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "wy" <wy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0684D5E-74BF-4138-A2E3-99C91CAA3FEF@m...

Bar Chart Date XAxis Thin Bars
I have a bar chart with dates on the xaxis being resorted (primary axis = automatic). There are 26 entries over a one year period. The trouble is the bars come out as vertical lines, I can't set the xaxis format so that they have any thickness. If I set the chart to not sort the xaxis then the bars are okay. Your axis is set so the base unit is days. Each bar must then fit within a band 1/365th the width of the chart. If you change the base unit to months, you will have two ro sometimes three points occurring at the same month. You shoucl consider changing from time scale to cate...

Determine Line Sequence No on Sales Order Entry form
How do I determine using VBA what is the line sequence number of the line being worked on or selected. Thank you for your help in advance. ...

RM statement
Hi Folks I need my address on the RM statement to be as follows : Statement Name Address Line 1 Address Line 2 Address Line 3 City Country Zip The system calculated fields use the RM_Statements_HDR_TEMP table and I cannnot find the 'Country' field there. I have managed to print the address line 3 by adding my own calculated field. I have also looked at tech # 874176 but it's not quite helping me. Also, I cannot manage to get the Zip code to print on the last line of it's own. The only way I could get that to work was if I removed it from being part of the calculat...

Stacked charts #4
Hi I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is reached. Ex. I have a mashine that produces 1000 it's goal is 2000. The chart should then show a column that is red because it is under the goal. I also have a maschine that produces 3000 and the goal is 2000. The coloum should then change to green. Is it possible to make a chart like this in excel? Regards Ticotion On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Ticotion <Ticotion@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is &...

[GROUP] in title bar
Anyone know why the text [GROUP] is appearing in the blue title bar in Excel 2003? Gareth You must have your sheets (or some of them) grouped. Anything you do will affect all of the grouped sheets - so be careful. To ungroup, right-click on the tab of a grouped sheet and click Ungroup. Andy. "Gareth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:091e01c3c32d$11be61a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know why the text [GROUP] is appearing in the blue > title bar in Excel 2003? You have selected multiple sheets, right click one of the sheet tabs that are w...

Is it posible to make more lines in the same cell???
If i want to 3 lines in the same celll, is that posible??? Like this: Block 1 Block 2 |------------------------|---------| | www.batterinet.dk | | | www.klikogvind.dk | | | www.facebook.com| | |------------------------|---------| Or does it hvae to be in 3 defrent lines or one long line??? Line 1....Alt + Enter Line 2....Alt + Enter Line 3....Enter But you won't have 3 separate URL's to click on if that's what you were thinking. First entry in the cell will be the live one. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 3 Oct...

Line Spacing
I've noticed that in every single paragraph in my 6-page document, the line spacing seems to change on every last line of every paragraph. If the line is continued with another sentence, that line shifts upwards and the next line is then spaced improperly. How do I control this behavior, or is it a bug I just have to live with? -- BJSmithCO Englewood, Colorado >-----Original Message----- >I've noticed that in every single paragraph in my 6-page document, the line >spacing seems to change on every last line of every paragraph. If the line >is continued with anoth...

stack
Hi, I am writing a c application, but when I put a member inside a function I get stack overflow, the member is an array of struct: mytype tArray[30]; mytype is struct of this type: typedef struct{ int x[500]; int y[500]; long l;}mytype; what is the size of a c function stack? can I define the size of the stack? (I am using visual studio 6) Thanks. Dave wrote: > Hi, > I am writing a c application, but when I put a member inside a function I > get stack overflow, the member is an array of struct: mytype tArray[30]; > > mytype is struct of this type: typedef st...