Specify format in source data

can you specify format information in the source data. for example coul
you specify that a segment in a pie chart for sales of oranges shoul
always be orange, apples green etc et

In this post I show a macro that colors a series based on the series
name. It would not be a major effort to base the color instead on the X
value of a point.

Of course, if the fruits are always in the same order, just keep using a
copy of the same chart, or turn it into a custom chart type:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

lynxbci < wrote:

> can you specify format information in the source data. for example could
> you specify that a segment in a pie chart for sales of oranges should
> always be orange, apples green etc etc
>

> ---

DOjonNOT (619)

Format- problems
I have a query with the following : Format(tblAvvikelser.regDate,"yyyy/mm"). If I put in 2010-05-27 (swedish date format), it should return 2010-05. On some clients it works fine but in others I receive an error, telling me that the format can not be solved. Why??? Copied form a post I saw about 1 month ago: Access will struggle to interpret a date. The text string "3/10/2010" will be interpreted as March 10 (even if the user intended it to be 3 October), but it will give a JDate value. "4/30/2010" will similarly be April 30 (and it won't try i...

campaign source
Is there any way to add the campaign source to an appointment? ...

Excel protecting formatting
Hi All How can I prevent cell formats from being removed or being overwritten when data is cut or pasted from another cell. I do not wish to rely on users having to use the "Paste Special" option. Many thanks Maybe you could just intercept the change. This worked in light testing. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myFormulas As Variant On Error GoTo errHandler: myFormulas = Target.Formula With Application .EnableEvents = False .Undo End With Target.Formula = myFormulas errHandler: ...

If function with format
=if(a1>0,a1,"") A1 "text" or "number" in red color I want to print the value of cell A1 in Cell B1 with its format if above condition is true. Is it possible ? Use conditional formatting in B1. Set font color to Red when B1's value is equal to A1's value. It won't matter if A1 is empty or has a value <= 0, as it won't appear in B1 anyhow. I was almost tempted to say to just set font color for B1 to Red. Seems to me that would work (I'm almost positive it will), but there's probably something I'm missing somewhe...

Getting rid of spam/finding source
Hello - We're getting blacklisted and con't find the source opf the spam/virus. Here's are some entries from the event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: NDR Event ID: 3030 Date: 6/15/2010 Time: 3:31:53 PM User: N/A Computer: SBSSERVER Description: A non-delivery report with a status code of 2.0.0 was generated for recipient rfc822;j.neff@sbcglobal.net (Message-ID <SBSSERVERnYnTdbhbpx00001f03@mail.olec.com>). For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.mic...

Excel with Concatenate does not format date correctly
I am using Excel 2007. I want to use concatenate to combine employee name with date started. The date is not showing correctly. A1=Jane Doe B1=10/8/2011 C1=CONCATENATE(A1,B1) The screen shows: Jane Doe40824 What do I need to do differently, so it says: Jane Doe10/8/2011 Use : =A1&" "&TEXT(A2,"mm/dd/yyyy") Daniel > I am using Excel 2007. I want to use concatenate to combine employee > name with date started. > The date is not showing correctly. > > A1=Jane Doe > B1=10/8/2011 > > C1=CONCATENATE(A1,B1) > The screen shows: > Jane ...

Integration for SOP does not pick up credit card specified in source field
Version 8 Integration for SOP does not pick up the credit card specified in the source field it uses the default credit card against the debtor. Can someone let me know if there is a fix for this issue or if this is something that needs fixing in integration manager. kind regards Jen I have an integration in version 8 that pulls in credit card information and I have not seen this behavior. Do you have the original version of IM 8.0 or do you have any service packs installed? "Jen" wrote: > Version 8 Integration for SOP does not pick up the credit card specified in >...

How to specify UNSIGNED Byte in MS Access?
Hi. I have a MATLAB program that interacts with an MS Access database via MATLAB's "fastinsert" command. In one table, I'm inserting RGB pixel values, so it seemed natural that I'd use the "Byte" field size; however I eventually ran into a problem: I'm not allowed to insert values higher than 127 into the Byte columns! This would make sense if I had specified a signed-byte, but is there even such a thing? The Access documentation states that "Byte" can handle values from 0-255, and I haven't found anything else to explain this. A simple wa...

The specified date is invalid
Hello, We have specified the date settings for our CRM 3.0 (Rollup 2) installation as dd-mm-yyyy. When I'm adding a date, like 31/12/07 I get a warning: The specified date is invalid. Enter a date in the format: DD/MM/YYYY. When I enter a date like 31-12-07 I get no warning (and that's OK). Does anyone know were to change the date warning, so I can replace the / by - ? I didn't found it at the Messages section of the Contact entity. The system settings are set to dd-mm-yyyy. Thanks in advantage. LCOW- You can adjust the display of the date by going to ... Settings >...

Conditional formating of cells
Good afternoon, I have an array of numbers in excel. I want then to display as percentage if I've selected "proportional" from a drop down menu. I want them to display as a number (0.00 for example) if I select "absolute" these are the only two options in the menu. I'ved tried using the Format code help in Excel but I can't manuipulat it to get it to work how I want. Any help will be greatly apprecaited. Thank you! Michelle Let's put the drop down in column A and the data to be formatted in column B. Enter the following in the w...

FORMAT CELLS #10
I have a worksheet. Within that worksheet I have a few cells which if I right click on gives me the menu options and when I select the format cells nothing happens. While it opens a dialog box for other cells. I wanted to protect some cells by selecting the format cells options. Can someone tell me what is happening and why nothing happens if I select the format cell option ? Thanks, San The only time I've seen this is when the original workbook was created in a different program--crystal reports or Lotus 123. I included a few "sacrificial" cells in my selection, made my...

Incorrect Date Format
Hello to all, The situation: 1. Excel 97 SR-2 and Windows 98SE, Short Date Format dd/MM/yyyy I wrote a macro that imports dates (dd/mm/yyyy) and stock prices from an Access database, then adds some formulas at the bottom of the data to calculate highest and lowest prices and the corresponding dates. Works fine, and the formulas correctly return the price and date (in dd/MM/yyyy format, without needing to format the cells). 2. Excel 97 SR-2 and Windows XP Pro SP1, Short Date Format dd/MM/yyyy The macro created in 1. above works fine under these conditions, but the formulas that return the...

Conditional Formatting #33
I have a very large spreadsheet where I would like to use conditional formatting...I have the columns set up with times as follows Arrival Time Triage Time Registration Time To ED Time DC Tim Numerous people input the times and they are not always correct (people are DC before they arrive, etc.) There are about 3,000 lines for one months worth of data. Is there a way I can put Conditional Formatting so that if Triage Time is Less than Arrival Time then it can highlight a cell? Thank Denise This worked!!! This is going to save me hours of time each month. Thank you!!! ...

Getting cursor to go to specified cell on opening
I want users when opening a location to open with the cursor at a specific spot rather than the last place I saved. Any ideas how? -- lewisjohn78 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lewisjohn78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30444 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501047 Put something like this into a General module: Option Explicit sub auto_open() application.goto thisworkbook.worksheets("Sheet99").range("a99"),scroll:=true end sub Change the work...

Formatting errors between Mac and PC in excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created file on my Mac within Office 2008. In sending the file I have created to others, I have realized they are receiving formatting errors when they open the file on their PC's in Microsoft Office 2007. Some examples of the formatting errors: text boxes shrink and misalign text, colors of the bar graphs are completely different, etc. What type of format do I need to save my file in on my Mac or what do I need to do to prevent these formatting differences from happening between Mac and PC? <br>...

Search not confined to specified discussion group
I believe there has been a change in how searches work on this discussion group. When I do a search, it no longer is confined to the discussion area specified Search for xxxx In: yyyyy but searches all discussion groups. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

COleDateTime::Format
Hi all Recently we start migrating from VC 6.0 to VS 2005 We have the following problem: for one reason or another we save in the DB dates that are represented as 0 (COleDateTime::m_dt is zero). later on when we try to print this date using this COleDateTime::Format(_T("%Y.%m.%d %H:%M")) I get an error and the process is terminated. I check the code of COleDateTime::Format and I saw this: tmTemp.tm_year = ud.st.wYear - 1900; which result in negative tm_year (zero represent date that is in year < 1900). which is incorrect param for _tcsftime (_tcsftime is used from COleDateT...

Excel graph where series-label is a part of the data
I have data, where the series name (the Label, below, like 1024, 2048) is part of the rows of data. Let's say the 1,2,3 are the months to guide the plot on the x-axis. The data to plot is the 0.41, 0.47, etc. Q: How to plot, showing the labeled series, without a lot of cut and paste (Imagine 200 rows!). Best case would be 3 series, in a line chart. In XL2007, I can get the graph, but then need to go back to each series to add the cell-reference for the series name. If I go to the fomula bar, I can paste in and modify for each series, but still very tedious. The data, for example:...

How do I transpose an Excel 2003 column of data?
It used to be you could highlight a column, do a Copy and then, when you selected paste, you were presented the opportunity to Transpose. I am not offered the opportunity to Transpose. What gives? You need to select Paste Special not just Paste, then you will see the option to Transpose -- Regards Roger Govier "LordByron" <LordByron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70597F3E-34B6-4C64-86C0-E24A70D6DEBC@microsoft.com... > It used to be you could highlight a column, do a Copy and then, when you > selected paste, you were presented the opportunity to T...

Need help with conditional formatting
Can someone please help with this formula? =IF(AND(G6="XXX",AR6>1),(SUM(AR6)+60),SUM(AQ6)+60), I am having problems to enter the last false condition in my formula. Conditions to be met: G6=XXX, and AR6>1 if true AR6+60 if false go to AQ6>1 if true AQ6+60 if false "-" Diane, You can using the formula below. This should work. If not, send me the XLS and I can try and help. =IF(AND(G6="XXX",AR6>1),(SUM(AR6)+60),IF(AQ6>1,SUM(AQ6)+60,"-")) Tx, Vijay "Diane" wrote: > Can someone please help with this formula? > =IF(AND...

Excel 2000 Extracting Data
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I could easily extract the name and email field from this sample worksheet layout? Can I use a Pivot table? Below is a sample of a very large worksheet. Student Name Parts Tuition Discounts Tuition E. Hanover #0473 Alario, Olga AFLR $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 Address: xxxxx Status:DROPPED Phone: xxxxx E-mail: oalario@comcast.net College: xxxxx Ammerman, Bruce AFLR $560.00 $0.00 $560.00 Address: xxxxxxx Status:ENROLLED Phone: xxxxxxx E-mail: bammer@optonline.net College: xxxxxx -- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.c...

Graphing Data #2
I have the following data in excel (in separate columns) Start date End Date Number of days Type 08/06/2007 15/07/2007 37 B 15/07/2007 28/08/2007 44 A 29/08/2007 30/09/2007 33 B I would like to present the data above in a stacked chart so that when i look at the chart i can see the stack showing 1 column split into each sections number of days (stacked on top of each other representing time, almost like a gant chart) with date on the x axis and column 1 off the y axis. I'd also like to be ...

number format with leading 0

I'm having an unusual problem with changes in formats in a cell
This is the text that is there now: "Remote head end - (This line item is also shown in the Audio quotes) - television is not in the same location as the equipment - five (RG6QUAD) and one (CAT5E) with one wall plate at television and head end with five RCA inserts and one RJ45." When I add "Telephone, Network and Cable" in place of the "Audio" - between the parenthesis I end up with a line of # across the cell. This normally means that I need to either enlarge the cell or make the text size smaller but I've tried that to no avail. Any suggestions? Marc ...

RPC over HTTPS only + Encrypt data between Outlook and Exchange server Option
I need to clarify the difference between having only RPC over HTTPS setup and working fine.... and adding the option in outlook 2003 to Encrypt data between Outlook and Exchange server Option what i need to know is: 1) what is gained in adding this option? 2) without adding this option what is the security issue? ...