specifing colors in an excel chart

I am creating excel charts to show temperatures that I have measured
inside various types of buildings.  I would like the graphs to show
temperatures below twenty degrees C in one color, twenty to twenty six
in a different color and above twenty six in another color.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Keith.

Hi,

You can create conditional charts by using additional data series, one
for each colour set. See these sites for further details.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html
http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>You can create conditional charts by using additional data series, one
>for each colour set. See these sites for further details.

thanks again
  keith

>http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html
>http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx
>
>Cheers
>Andy
>
>keith wrote:
>> I am creating excel charts to show temperatures that I have measured
>> inside various types of buildings.  I would like the graphs to show
>> temperatures below twenty degrees C in one color, twenty to twenty six
>> in a different color and above twenty six in another color.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>> Keith.

picking from a specific list in a combo box
I have a form that has a combo box called "contact" that refers to a table called "Contacts". I would like to pick from a list of contacts for a specific client without displaying all of the names in the contacts table, just the ones that match the name of the client on the main form. I've tried joining the ID's in the relationships but it doesn't seem to work for me. Any help appreciated! Thanks Lee -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200802/1 Try to set the controlsource of the combobox to a qu...

excel #37
The autosave feature is set to two minutes but is not saving books I'm working on ...

how remove page lines fm view of excel 2007 spreadsheet?
Hi, Somehow one of my 2007 excel spreadsheets grew virtical and horizontal dashed lines that describe the perimiter of each page. I have been unable to find out how to turn them off. Any help much appreciated. Al Reopen the Workbook in Normal View. ~alan HDX~ wrote: > Hi, > Somehow one of my 2007 excel spreadsheets grew virtical and horizontal > dashed lines that describe the perimiter of each page. I have been unable > to find out how to turn them off. > Any help much appreciated. > Al > > Office Button|Excel Options|Advanced There's an option to d...

Selecting data between to specific dates in a form
Sorry if this is an easy one but I am new to this area. I have created a query from our SQL database that list all hours booked by eack employee and the date booked, from when we 1st started collectin thi information. I am wanting to create a form that anyone can go into and select a date range so that the can calculate the hours between these dates. Th other problem that I have got is that the date are in number format and not in date. How dan I format this correctly? Regards The first thing to do will be to convert your number field into a real date/time field. To do that: 1. Ope...

excell sorting question
does anyone know how to do a sort for how close a list of numbers com to a designated cell with a index number in that cell?? example: a 39 b 40 c 51 d 44 e 43 sort by being the same or the closest to "44" results should be: d 44 e 43 b 40 a 39 c 5 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Twosix, You can add a helper column... In the column next to that one (assume A1:A5) enter =ABS(44-A1) and drag down to fill the series. Select both columns and choose Data -> Sort and sort according to the helper column. Dan E "twosix >" <<twosix...

I need to print lists including a barcode in Excel.
I have lists of student names and their identiification numbers ans want to be able to scan these into another excel document from a printed form. I can print these lists from DOS on a Kyocera printer but I want to print directly from Excel. Download a free barcode font here. http://www.idautomation.com/fonts/free/ Install it and then format your excel cell font to be that barcode font. Type in what you want. Set your print area and print. HTH Ken If you have trouble with the bar code font, then a better way to do things wouldbe to use a bar code ActiveX control. The best one on ...

Watermarks in Excel #4
Is it possible to add Watermark to an Excel (several pages) spreadsheet? I am in the stone age, using Excel 97. Thank. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Circe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:712301c4ce6c$45787ad0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to add Watermark to an Excel (several > pages) spreadsheet? I am in the stone age, using Excel > 97. Thank. ...

Excel slow!
Dear Reader, Hope everybody's fine. Great to be here. I work as an IT Consultant and some of my clients are having problems with excel, at a sudden excel is getting slow and slow without an apparent reason, calculations and navigation takes longer than usual on different and fast computers. However when they are not on the network it gets a bit fast than when on it. Could you please help me solve this problem, I have tried install and unisnstall but nathing changed. Hope to read you soon. Regards, Olivier ...

line color
I have an XY chart using dates for the X. The Y axis is made up from a column of equations. When I create the chart, the lines that connect the data points don't show up. I have been into the plot format and tried making the lines come up in different colors, but nothing seems to work. However, when I make a column that is equal to just the value of the other cells and use this new column to graph the chart, the lines show up, but the dates change to numbers between 0 and 12 on the chart. How do I make the lines show up without changing the any of the data? Can you give an exa...

E-Mailing a specific page of a report
I have lengthy report that is grouped by Zone ID. I want to e-mail the zone supervisor the pages of this report as an attachment (in a snapshot format) that deal with just their zone. currently we e-mail the whole report and the hunt for their information. The zone supervisor e-mail address is in a table called 'tblZones' I don't want to have to create a report with a corresponding query (if possible) for each zone. I am currently using sendobject to deliver this report. However we are not always notified of supervisor changes and would like to use the e-mail address...

simple question about excel
I have an excel list with 300 names. Each name and surname are both written to the same cell (eg. "George Smith"). However i want name and surname be in 2 different cells. Is there any function or command that i can aply and solve my problem?? I think that this command can recognize the gap between the 2 words and then divide the text into 2 cells insead of 1 or cut and paste a part of the text to an other cell. thanks a lot Manolis Assume that you are having the “George Smith” value in A1 cell. A1 cell George Smith B1 cell =TRIM(LEFT(A1,FIND(" "...

Microsoft Outlook Background Default Color....
How can we change the default background color from white to black and the font color from black to white on both messages sent, received and replied to? We have an employee who has trouble seeing and can read white text on a black background. However, when she replies to e- mails, anyone who gets the reply just sees a blank white screen. Thanks for your assistance! ...

Excel formula #4
I am try to create a formula in excel. thats Looks at a line of cells i.e. a1, a2, a3, a4, a5 and find out if the cell contains “V” for vacation day in the cell. Then I need it to output 7, 5 for hours worked and it needs to add the row of cells that contain “A” and give me the total number of hour. Will more than 1 contain V? If so, =COUNTIF(A1:A5,"V")*7.5 Not sure what you mean about the As. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "skateblade" <skateblade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54EB80E4-829D-42...

Is there a way to force out other editors when Excel 2003 is in automation mode?
Hi all, I am using Windows scheduler to automate Excel tasks, every morning 4am... Basically, my current implementation is: 1. Auto-open Excel sheet; 2. Run some macro, download some data; 3. Auto-save and close. However, the automation fails when some other people including myself are editing the Excel sheets ... Is there a way to force out other editors when opening the sheet in automation mode? Thanks a lot! I don't think so. Maybe you can check to see if your procedure opened the file successfully in read/write mode and continue -- or use application.ontime...

Go Offline Specifications
Hi there! I am trying to find a document referring to different scenarios of working offline and their specifications (bytes transfered, estimated time of synchronization, connection types etc). Can you help me? Propose a Microsoft or external source for this? Thanks in advance. Elena I have not seen any document discussing this. Most offline docs talk about what is needed to do it rather than drill into details. Microsoft always recommends you do your initial Go Offline in outlook while connected to the comapny network. We have found that as long as your remote location has a fast conn...

how do i import into outlook from excel
have a file which has the names, address etc on each row. For example row 1, name, row 2 address, row 3 city and state, row 4, phone. Can this somehow be imported into outlook contacts? It is a large file and would take quite a lot of work to drag each record from its row, into a column format. But i do want to get it into the OUtlook contact list, for sales calls. Thanks Have you tried File-->Import from Outlook's menus? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "RF" <RF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAC9A4FB-C21F-4512-93EF-3...

hOW TO USE eXCEL FUNCTION
=IF(AND(M26<=7501,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="B"),M26*F12),IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="C"),M26*E12),0) SO THAT I AM ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IF SALARY OF EMPLOYEE LESS THEN 7500 AND GRADE IS A THEN 10% OR GARDE IS B THEN 8% OR GRADE IS C THEN 6% OR NOINCREMENT Hi, I think this is what you want =IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="B"),M26*F12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="C"),M26*E12,0))) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest a...

Extract values off a chart???
Dear Excel Experts: I have created a scatter chart of x and y values. Having done this, is it at all possible to extract intermediate values from the chart. For example, can I call out a value on the x axis and somehow have the program interpolate a value along the y axis where the x axis value would intersect. If this can't be done, then can someone tell me how to interpolate from the data that was used to create this chart? Here's what I have: the x axis is a series of values that represent rainfall storm duarations in minutes, i.e. 10 min, 30 min, etc. The y axis value...

Excel to My Favorites
I have rebuilt a machine and failed to backup My Favorites. I had previously used a utility (sorry, forgot what it was) to export all my Favs, all 1334, to a spreadsheet. The Excel spreadsheet has 3 columns, a title, a URL and the parent directory. These were straight out of the My Favorites folder(s). I would like to rebuild the IE My Favorites with the info in this spreadsheet. Any ideas on how to export each line in the spreadsheet to create a new My Favorites link. Is there simple path staring my right in the face? Chris Chris, You need to create a bookmark.html file so that you ca...

convert Excel worksheets
I have a database of 2500 name/address records which was created in Excel 97, (op system Windows 98 se) My new computer won't (ops system Windows XP) has Office and won't open or the old excel worksheet. I usually use Word to create mailing labels and merge the records from the Excel database. Any advice on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. Michael Collins Michael, All the versions of Excel since 97 can open 97 workbooks. You don't say what happens when you try to open the XL97 workbook. It should open. Are you double-clicking it in a folder to open it...

Color Codes: Different color with same color Index
Can Anyone shine a light on this: I have a worksheet and did this: activecell.Interior.ColorIndex =40 The cell became salmon orange as I would expect it. I received another version of the same spreadsheet saved by a colleague. All the cells that are salmon-orange in my sheet turn out to be grey in his sheet. When I select a grey cell and run: ?activecell.Interior.ColorIndex again 40 is returned. Even if I once more run activecell.Interior.ColorIndex =40 the cell stays grey. So, I have two sheets, both with cells that have an interior.colorindex of 40 but they show different...

Using a filtered list as data range for a chart
Hello, I would like to chart a cumulative list of numbers I have in one column (B) on the Y axis and increment the X axis for each Y number i.e. X runs 1,2,3 etc. By cumulative, I mean the column B rows are derived from column A eg. B1=A1, B2=A1+A2, B3=A2+A3 etc. The problem I'm having is how to be able to filter the list of numbers in column B (eg. a subset of numbers or rows for month) for the Y axis and have the X axis run 1-31 to show a monthly chart. Ideally, I would like a drop down list to select the month and have the chart change after a new month is selected. Thanks in adv...

Macro changes color
Hello I have the following macro to set chart fonts to arial 10. But If I apply this macro to a chart that already has fonts colored differently (lets say some are red, some blue, some white) it changes all fonts to black. I tried to remove ColorIndex hoping i would than ignore color, but it doesn't help. How to make macro that will not change the set colors in the chart? Selection.AutoScaleFont = False With Selection.Font .Name = "Arial" .Size = 10 .Strikethrough = False .Superscript = False .Subscript = False .OutlineFont =...

sending mails to specific mail addresses rather than specific doma
I want to set up exchange in my organization.But in my organization security is very important.I want to restrict users from sending mails only to specific mail address. for example john@yahoo.com but john should not be able to send mails to any one else on the yahoo like sam@yahoo.com. I studied a lot about smtp connectors. but not able to find a solution for this in exchange 2003. Is it possible by any means. Can anyone help me abt this even if microsoft also.Otherwise I am not able to set up exchange server in my organization. Thanks in advance On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 18:43:01 -0800, mang...

Help with laying out data for a chart
Excel 2003 Hello, I am trying to lay out my data for a chart but am not able to get the desired results. I would like to be able to list minimum and maximum salaries for various positions in my company and to be able to chart this information so the chart shows the minimum and maximum salaries by position. As an example, I have laid out my data in the following format: Cell B1: Minimum, Cell C1: Maximum, Cell A2: Admin Asst, Cell B2: $25,000, Cell C2: $35,000, Cell A3: Manager, Cell B3: $44,000, Cell C3: $59,000 My goal is to create a chart that shows the position name on the left si...