Sort Pivot Chart

In Excel 2000, is there a way to sort a pivot chart by the summed data?
Thanks.
0
Alex4922 (316)

Hi,

Do you mean that you want to X axis to be sorted in some sort of order?  In
general if you want to display data on a pivot chart as sorted you sort the
pivot table.

So to be of any real help we need more detail.  What do you want to sort?
Are they row fields, column fields, data fields?  How do you want them to
sort?  How are the fields layed out on the pivot table?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Alex" wrote:

> In Excel 2000, is there a way to sort a pivot chart by the summed data?
> Thanks.
I'd like to sort by the data fields Grand Totals. How do I sort my pivot
table in Excel 2000?  Thanks.

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you mean that you want to X axis to be sorted in some sort of order?  In
> general if you want to display data on a pivot chart as sorted you sort the
> pivot table.
>
> So to be of any real help we need more detail.  What do you want to sort?
> Are they row fields, column fields, data fields?  How do you want them to
> sort?  How are the fields layed out on the pivot table?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "Alex" wrote:
>
> > In Excel 2000, is there a way to sort a pivot chart by the summed data?
> > Thanks.
0
Alex4922 (316)
6/11/2008 2:07:01 PM
I was able to sort my pivot table so I'm good now.  Thanks much.

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you mean that you want to X axis to be sorted in some sort of order?  In
> general if you want to display data on a pivot chart as sorted you sort the
> pivot table.
>
> So to be of any real help we need more detail.  What do you want to sort?
> Are they row fields, column fields, data fields?  How do you want them to
> sort?  How are the fields layed out on the pivot table?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "Alex" wrote:
>
> > In Excel 2000, is there a way to sort a pivot chart by the summed data?
> > Thanks.
0
Alex4922 (316)

Pivot Table
Hi My data in table are very simply organised as below: --------------------------------------------- Res.no City Code Var1 Var2 Var3 --------------------------------------------- 1 City1 CD0001 num num num 2 City1 CD0002 num num num 3 City1 CD0003 num num num 4 City1 CD0004 num num num 5 City1 CD0005 num num num 6 City2 CD0006 num num num 7 City2 CD0007 num num num 8 City2 CD0008 num num num 9 City2 CD0009 num num num 10 City3 CD0010 num num num 11 City4 CD0011 num num num 12 City3 CD0012 num num num 13 City3 CD0013 num num num 14 City3 CD0014 num num num 15 City1 CD0015 num nu...

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

pivot chart changes when refreshed
Hi I am changing the pivot chart but the changes donot get saved. How ca we make sure that if we r changing the pivot chart options then they permanent. The changes I tried were formatting of series, changing graphs to lin etc...... Can we have a chart like line and bar graph in 1 graph, I am new t pivot charts or a custom chart -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This is a known problem with pivotcharts. There's some info in the following MSKB article, which suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatti...

Sorting

How to sort account list?

Add horizontal line to a chart
How can I add a horizontal line for my chart? I did choose the XY value, paste to my chart but what I see is just a dash ? I should have a line from x min to x max ? Any ideas of this? Do I have to add trend line? Thanks Daniel Are the X values of the added line consistent with those of the original data? What is the original data like, and what is your added series' data like? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Row names will not move with sort

sorts not sorting

import- number- sort?

Representing Dual Data in a Stacked Bar Chart
Here is my data: Location Flowers Trees Year 1 Year 2 Year 1 Year 2 Texas 55 63 36 14 Florida 67 75 24 21 NJ 32 27 52 10 Colorado 35 41 35 9 California 84 126 78 39 I want a stacked bar chart that shows Flowers & Trees for Year 1 next to another stacked bar for Year 2, grouped by location shown along the X axis. Please help, all I could come up with is a Stacked bar for Year 1, overlayed by 2 separate line graphs for Flowers/Yr2 and Trees/Yr2. -- VB On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, VB <VB@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want...

sorting macro #3

Pivot Table
Hi! What is the maximum rows allowed in a data range when using a pivot table? I have a pivot table that uses a data range. When I have only 4581 records in the data range, the pivot table updates with no problems. But, when entering more than 4581, the pivot table won't update and gives me an error. Am I hitting the max on data rows within my data range or is there a work-around. Thanks!! dmotika The following MSKB articles outline PivotTable limitations for different versions of Excel: XL2000: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/de...

line chart displays wrong values
Yesterday my chart wizard went crazy A simple chart, I've done them thousands of times Now when I select 2 series and try to plot a 2 line chart the first series plots fine and the second plots as the sum of the two series. I tried shutting down, restarting, typing the data manually into a new sheet, sending the data to a colleague -- the result is the same HELP! -- koche005 It sounds like you created a stacked line chart. To change it: Select the chart Choose Chart>Chart Type Select the Line chart type Select the Line chart sub-type (at the top left) Click OK koche005 wrote: &...

Sorting checking register

Pivot Table
In a Excel Pivot Table, when we double-click a cell in the Data area, a new sheet is created with the details. What I want to do (I already did it in the past), is when I click a cell in the Row area, several sheets are created (one per value). I have already had this feature in Excel in the past (I think it was an add-on), but I don't remember how to do it again. Thxs,, Pedro Valente I think you mean from the Page field, not the Row field. From the PT Toolbar>dropdown>Show Pages -- Regards Roger Govier "Valente" <pedro.valente.geral@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Disabled "Switch Row/Column" when creating chart from a pivot tabl
I have a pivot table where there are week numbers and three different data values pr week. This I want to graph so that the weeks are on the X-axis, the values on the Y-axis and a legend telling which of the three datasets are which. When I create a Line graph the weeks are put as a legend and the X-axis have the three different datasets grouped. This is not what I want. When I go into "the "Select data..." dialog box all the options are disabled. Why is this and how can I get the graph to show the way I want? You will need to pivot your pivot table to move the row fiel...

Unmerge so I can sort
I coy/pasted data into Excell and when I try to sort it I get "This operation requires merged sells to be identically sized". I understadn the work around in KB but how do I find which sells are merged? I wouldn't bother looking. I'd just remove all the merged cells from the range to sort. Select that range format|cells|alignment tab uncheck the merge cells box But if you wanted to search, you can do it via process of elimination. Select a range, format|cells|alignment tab. If that merge cells box is checked, then the whole selection is merged. If it's grey, t...

Import chart to Power Point and Macro problem
So i built a chart in Excel and every time I copy it into Power Point, it says there are macros attached and it will not go through. I don't have any macros in that sheet and I closed and reopened excel and it asked me if I wanted to enable or disable the macros (which don't exist according to Tools --> Macros). Where is this macro and why is causing me chart to copy into Power Point incorrectly. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Woody13" <Woody13@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im News...

Pivot Chart Resets Changes
I'm using a pivot chart for the first time and having some difficulty when the data refreshes. The original chart was an area chart but I changed the second series to be a column chart on the second axis. However, when the pivot table refreshes it changes back to an area chart for both series. What is up? I've written some VBA code to change it back to the way I want but I'd like to know if this is typical of pivot charts or if there is a way I can avoid it. Thanks. - John This is a known problem. There's some info in the following MSKB article, which suggests creating ...

Copying chart as a picture into a table in word as a definite size
I've created a table (1*1) in word and I want to insert a graph fro excel as a picture into it. I know how to copy the graph as a picture, by holding Shift & pressin edit_copy picture. By drawing a rectangle in the table for the size want the graph to be and cutting/pasting into excel I resized the grap to the same size of the rectangle. deleted the rectangle and assume when I copied the graph into the table that it would be the right siz but every time I copy it and paste special into the table it does'n seem to be the right size. Any idea -- num ----------------------...

Formula/calculation help for medical charting
Hi, I am trying to develop an anesthesia record chart for the vet clinic I work at. I have A8 through A15 labeled for time, temperature, heart rate, etc. The other columns (B8-B15, C8-C15, etc) I have set aside for later entries in the above categories as we take values every 5 min. or so. What I would like to do is have a formula that would show numerical values in red if they are above or below the normal value range (in black). For instance, a dog's normal temperature can range from 99.5 degrees F to 102.5 degrees F. If it is 98 degrees or 103 degrees I want these values to s...

sorting issue
Hi, When a range of columns are highlighted and a sort is performed on only one column empty cells above the sort display first. How can this be prevented. I know when there is data in any of the other column but not on the column being sorted this will happen. Any thoughts? Pat Are you sure the cells are really empty? They don't contain spaces or even formulas that evaluate to "". (Even formulas converted to values that returned "")? Pat wrote: > > Hi, > > When a range of columns are highlighted and a sort is performed on only one > column em...

Sort not sorting all rows
I'm using Excel 2000. have created a document, uploaded it to google docs and spreadsheets, exported it as a doc, converted it to a spreadsheet (excel) and uploaded it again to google docs. It's not a complicated file - no calculations or anything, just a simple log to enable us to collaborate on change requests and website faults. New requests are assigned a number incrementally one higher than the previous. So we need to sort on the Log number column to see what the last logged number was. However, it sorts most of the spreadsheet and leaves the same 5 rows unsorted at the...