show multiple values that add to total in bar graph

Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that
add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I
want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these
segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the
color. HELP!!!! Thanks!

Hi,

Is that not what the stacked column chart does?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

I'v seen examples of clusters/stacked graphs
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;214119
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

But the data doesn't seem to be displayed in the same manner I am
trying to Acomplish.

If you look at the CLusterStack.html example I basicly need the
clusters to contain of my Categorys each one getting it's own bar for
each date.  Then each bar should be split into 2 diffrent displays.

At the very least can anyone confrim if this is possible?

Andy Pope wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is that not what the stacked column chart does?
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Green Goose 89 wrote:
> > Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that
> > add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I
> > want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these
> > segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the
> > color. HELP!!!! Thanks!
> >

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

Is it possible to close multiple activites?
If we create a quick campaign we like to close all related activites by selecting all and then close. Is this possible or do i need to write some custom code? // Mats You can make a manual workflow rule to change the status of the activities to complete. Then select the activities and apply the rule. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "MatsL" wrote: > > > If we create a quick campaign we like to close all related activites by > selecting all and then close. Is this possible or do i need to write > some custom code? > > // Mats &...

Multiple variables
Hi all I have a large workbook containing 10 columns and 10-15000 rows. In column A I have customername and in column B I have articlenumber. I would like to make a new workbook where I put inn customername and articlenumber in C3(cutomer) and D3(article) and have the whole row returned to row 6 in my new workbook. How do I proceed? =INDEX(Sheet1!A$2:A$200,MATCH(1,(C3=Sheet1!$A$2:$A$200)*(D3=Sheet1!$B$2:$B$2 00),0)) which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not just Enter. and copy across the columns -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email a...

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

i WOULD LIKE TO FREEZE OLD DATA ON GRAPH TO ALLOW FOR UPDATE VIA M
I have a excel spreadsheet which upon me running the macro updates my graphs unfortunely due to limitations of 65,000 the system is no longer updating. I though if I could freeze the data on the graph I could omit the old data and just update based on the new. Any suggestions.. Hi, Excel only allows a certain number of data points on a chart, and I believe that limit is still in place in 2007: Data points in a data series for 2-D charts 32,000 Data points in a data series for 3-D charts 4,000 Data points for all data series in one chart 256,000 Depending on exactly what you are doi...

Print values of a listbox
Is there a way to make a report that prints the values of a form's listbox. I tried making a report in design view to accomplish this. I inserted a listbox in the report and made it bound to the form's listbox, but the report only prints a limited amount of items on the list (those which are visible in the listbox). Is there a way to have the report print all the values of the form's listbox? How is the list box populated? If it's based on a table or query, make a report based on that table or query. If the Row Source Type is a Value List, I don't know.... -- Jerry...

help formula versus value
Hi, I�ve got a problem. I get streaming forex data in cell i2 whenever the data changes I want to trigger a script to check something. I used this script in vb worksheet to trigger it. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("i2")) Is Nothing Then bla bla bla ect. But it only reacts when the actual value changes like when I type something in cell i2. Since there is a formula in i2 to get the streaming data it won�t trigger it. What am I doing wrong?:confused: Thanks for helping -- climax -----------------------------------------...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Revert picklist back to original value...javascript
Hi, I have a picklist that, when certain values are selected, will populate the values of other fields. When this happens, a warning pops up telling them that this behavior will happen and the user can pick OK or CANCEL. When the hit CANCEL, it still selects the new picklist value they just selected. Is there a way to have it go back to what was previously selected?? Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks! On Jul 25, 8:00 pm, @VGroupby1 <VGroup...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a picklist that, when certain values are selected, will populate the > ...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

Clickable Bar Charts #2
Thank you very much for your help. Your excellent examples have hal helped me - but unfortunately because I am just beginning to teac myself this, I am not sure what to do now. I need the following: ******** If ElementID = xlSeries Then If Arg2 > 0 Then MsgBox "Series " & Arg1 & vbCrLf _ & SeriesCollection(Arg1).Name & vbCrLf _ & "Point " & Arg2 & vbCrLf _ & "X = " & WorksheetFunction.Index _ (SeriesCollection(Arg1).XValues, Arg2) & vbCrLf _ & "Y = " & WorksheetFunction.Index _ (SeriesCollection(Arg...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

multiple if/then on one cell
here is basically what i want to do. if a3=b3 than x if not than check to see if a3=b4 than y if not than check to see if a3=b5 than z i just don't know how to make excel understand. if there is a different command to use that would be cool too .. i just don't know it. thanks in advance. Try this: =IF(A3=B3,"x",IF(A3=B4,"y",IF(A3=B5,"z"))) "cheshire191" wrote: > here is basically what i want to do. > > if a3=b3 than x > if not than check to see if a3=b4 than y > if not than check to see if a3=b5 than z > > i just ...

Concatenating cell values to create sheet names
I would like to concatenate cell values to create a name that corresponds to a worksheet name and then use that in a formula. Does anyone know how to do this? You can use: =a1&a2 to concatenate a couple of cells. To refer to that in another formula, you'd need something like: =indirect("'" & a1&a2 &"'!A1") or if there's a chance your concatenated string refers to a non-existing worksheet and you want to avoid a #ref! error, you can check first: =IF(ISERROR(CELL("address",INDIRECT("'"&A1&A2&"&#...

Cell value in formula
Does anybody know if I can report a value in a cell to formula in a another cell. For exampel if the value in A1 is "Sheet2" and a formula in A2 is =LETARAD(B2;'((A1))'!A:B;2;FALSKT) Im not sure what 'Letarad' is called in english, Findrow? /Marcus Hi have a look at the INDIRECT function for this >-----Original Message----- >Does anybody know if I can report a value in a cell to formula in a another cell. > >For exampel if the value in A1 is "Sheet2" >and a formula in A2 is >=LETARAD(B2;'((A1))'!A:B;2;FALSKT) > >Im not su...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

How to create multiple calendar date choices in a meeting request
Dear Experts, I need to create a calendar appointment that requires the participant to select from a list of available dates that the meeting will be offered. When the participant selects the desired date, that meeting wil be placed on his/her respective calendar, based on his/her choice. How can I create this, or is there a feature built in that will allow me to set this up? I do know some VBA. Thank you so much. Create calendar events/appointments for each of the events and attach them to an e-mail instructing the recipients to select one of the dates. -- Milly ...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Labels on Chart with Negative Value Axis
I have a question about an Excel chart. I have a series of graphs which compare a number of factors relating to "card swipe" data. This relates to data plotting on an X (horizontal) and Y (vertical) axis graph. The X axis represents the month of the year. The Y axis is the "data error rate." Data is stored for each successful and each unsuccessful "swipe." Successful swipes are positive valued while unsuccessful are negative. In some cases all of the values are negative. When these values are plotted Excel inverts the graph the graph and places the labels into t...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Reverse fold change values
Hi Sorry about the form of this question, I'm not very good at explaining things!! I have compared values in conditionA against condition B. It is a unidirectional comparison in that I cannot compare condition B against conditionA. Say that Condition A has a value of 10 and condition B has a value of 2, I will get a fodl change value of 5, in that Condition A is 5 fold greater than conditionB. However if condition A has a value of 2 and conditionB has a value of 10, then I get a fold value of 0.2, even though the fold change is the same, it's just the direction of the fold cha...