Shape Tab in Charts

I am working on a chart and was told that if I right clicked on one of the
columns in the chart I would get the "Format data series" menu and that there
would be a SHAPE tab on it. I get other tabs, but nothing regarding shapes.
Any suggestions?
0
Dawn (80)

CEdit tab
I have an application with a CEdit control inside a CDialog. The tab key I believe is being processed by the dialog and not sent to the CEdit control. When every you press the tab key the CEdit control looses focus. What is the best way to make sure the tab key is handled by the CEdit and not the dialog? Thanks, Neil You would need to implement the WM_GETDLGCODE message and or-in the DLGC_WANTTAB flag joe On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 05:04:00 -0700, Neil B <NeilB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an application with a CEdit control inside a CDialog. The tab key I >beli...

DASHBOARDING chart type
Is there a way to simulate DASHBOARDING with Excel chart types? -- JCA Jon Peltier has instructions for a speedometer chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SpeedometerXP.html jcaranibar wrote: > Is there a way to simulate DASHBOARDING with Excel chart types? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

how to automatically reset tabs in sourcecode
Hi I worked for several years with visual studio and i'm loving it. One thing I noticed is that, when creating asp pages, the source code is but of a mess... Tabs are automaticlly at random inserted. Opening statements are in most causes not on the same tab level as the closing statements. Is there a function or plugin to clean up the number of tabs inserted before each line of code to make the code more readable? Thanks Tim John Devlon wrote: > Hi > > I worked for several years with visual studio and i'm loving it. > > One thing I no...

Shape inside a shape
I know its gonna sound weird but i have an extense network and we have various networks inside the buildings what i want to do its put make a diagram for my main network and then when double-clicking or doing something the subnetwork pops up or double clicking shows in a side the sub network ; and is there an tooltexttip option for shapes?? Thanks. the usual advice is to have a page for your highlevel view and separate pages for your detailed views, using hyperlinks or off page connectors to move around. The tooltip/comments is documented in the help facilites on how to add them to th...

Combination bar Charts
I have three data series on a bar chart. I want two of them stacked, and the third remaining singular (cluster bar format). I know how to change one data series to a line, but when I try to change one to a singular bar using the same techique (highlighting the singular series and selecting a different chart type), the entire chart type switches to clustered bars. Is there any way to do this? I would like to create a custom chart type in this format, but it is unclear how to create chart custom formats. Jon Peltier has information and links for clustered stacked columns on his web si...

Properties
I'm a graduate student who just finished up a big project in Excel and handed it in. A few days later I get an e-mail from my professor regarding potential cheating. My professor looked at the statistics tab in the properties box and I ended up having the same 'Created' Date as another girl in my class. The date is "Monday, October 14, 1996 6:33:28 PM". First of all we didn't cheat, I barely know this girl. Second, I didn't own my laptop or have Excel in 1996. For some reason we both ended up with a file that somehow got this bogus 1996 Date and Time....

Pie chart source data
The "Source Data" menu item is greyed out for my pie chart. Is there any way to confirm the source of the data that is driving the pie chart? I would rahter not utilize a "trial-and-error" method. Thanks Select the chart and click on one of the wedges. In the formula bar (above the column labels), there is a formula which tells where the data came from. It looks like this: =SERIES(Sheet1!$B$1,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$6,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$6,1) where the four arguments refer to the series name, the X values (category labels), the Y values, and the plot order. More on the series f...

Dates in Chart Legends
I'm using dates in the horizontal legend of a column chart. On the data source, there are only columns for the days we actually worked, i.e. there are no columns for the dates for Sat, Sun, Holidays, etc. There are no hidden columns in the sheet. When I select that area for the horizontal legend and view the chart, all dates are displayed in the legend, leaving gaps in the chart. I remember a similar problem in Excel 2003. What am I missing? Thanks. -- Hal the CFO My guess is that the data on the worksheet is formatted "ddd" or "dddd" to show days-of-the-w...

labels for bubble charts
I have successfully used the macro described in KB213750 to create labels for my bubble charts. Is there a macro to REMOVE these labels from a bubble chart.......that is, a macro to undo the label macro? Thanks Rick Do you need a macro? You can just click on a label and press Delete. To remove data labels from an active chart: Sub DeleteLabels() Dim srs As Series If Not ActiveChart Is Nothing Then With ActiveChart For Each srs In .SeriesCollection If srs.HasDataLabels Then srs.DataLabels.Delete End If Next End With Else MsgBox "...

Chart wizard for excel 2007
Good Afternoon :) I am attempting to do charts for the 1st time in 2007 and noticed that the chart wizard is missing. Where would I be able to find this nifty tool? -- THANKS and have a good one! It it gone. If you open the Insert tab you will see a pallet of charts best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Stormchick15" <Stormchick15@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2E3DA36-B83A-4B54-A760-EBDF91EA990C@microsoft.com... > Good Afternoon :) > > I am attempting to do charts for the...

Linking from shape to shapes in Visio
I can link from shape to shape in Visio and these work fine but when I 'save as Web Page' these links don't work. Any ideas!!!!!!!! On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 07:24:05 -0700, Dave R <Dave R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can link from shape to shape in Visio and these work fine but when I 'save >as Web Page' these links don't work. Any ideas!!!!!!!! Web pages don't have that degree of granularity for destinations, there is just the page destination or the name destination, there is no mechanism to link to a part of an image. -- Regards, Paul Herb...

Create shape, name shape, add text to shape
Hi, I decided to burst as many brain cells as I can working with shapes. Its working. ;) I am trying to add "Oval" shapes (msoShapeOval) tn image on a worksheet, the problem I am having difficulties with is naming the shape or renaming the shape as it is created. I want to start with "Oval 1" for the First shape and continu counting, Oval 2, Oval 3, etc. What I get is what seems to be a random starting shape name such as "Oval 6" when there are no shapes other than a picture shape on the sheet or in the entire workbook. Lets say It started with &qu...

Problem with sheet tabs
My MS Office is Office 2003. While open a new workbook in Excel, the sheet tabs are not shown, I need to set by tools -> option and check the sheet tab every time. How to set the workbook opened with the sheet tabs ? Also, there is a extra menu tab "addin" shown at the top menu of workbook, i.e. File, Edit, View, Insert, ...., addin, Help. While addin is clicked, a message of "solution.xls not found" shown. How to fix it ? The first problem: Open a blank workbook, go to Tools - Option and change the settings. Now, close the workbook. Your changes sh...

Why do certain shapes don't fall into place in an org chart?
Hello, Using XP, Visio 2003. In an org chart, using the Org Chart stencil, why is it that certain shapes do not fall into place? For example, I've created an org chart with one executive, 3 managers, etc. and when I drag an assistant shape onto one of the managers, it goes right in the middle, on top of any shape that's there. Thanks! Helene ...

Post-versus Pre-surveys scatter plot chart
How I can do a Post-versus Pre-survey scatter plot chart? -- DSR For others who might be interested, I got an email from this person. Usually, I refer people to the newsgroups or just delete the email. This time I took the time to actually respond. Below is a copy of that reply. I assume you mean surveys that were conducted pre and post some event (such as a class) rather than pre-survey and post-survey because the latter, at least to me, is meaningless. There are a variety of ways to plot this, all being on the same chart. If your data are normally distributed plot both sets. I ...

In Excel, how can i see all tabs in format cell
When I try to formal some cells and I go to Format -- cell I get all the options including alignment, but in other cells I only get the font tab. I just want to change the alignment on 1 cell from bottom to top. If you select the cell, and choose Format > Cells, you should see all the tab. If you double-click on a cell, or click in the formula bar, so you're editing the cell, you'll only see the Font tab if you choose Format > Cells. Jared wrote: > When I try to formal some cells and I go to Format -- cell I get all the > options including alignment, but in other cel...

Can I realign all data labels in a chart at once
I need to change the alignment of data labels in my chart so that they are vertical. Is there any way of applying this format to all the data labels at once as everytime I alter the source data in the chart, the labels change back to horizontal alignment and I have to manually change the label format. Hi, You can align all of the labels in a series at once. But you need to do each series individually. Depending on xl version you can do it once and the use the F4 key to repeat the action when the next series is selected. This single line of code in the immediate window will do all ser...

see multiple tabs at once in excel
Excel should provide the ability to see multiple worksheets (tabs) at once. I am currently using Excel 2003. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c56ece01-0850-4900-9659-c6b79575a992&dg=mic...

Creating and displaying bitmap in a tab control
Hi, I'm creating a custom-draw tab control, and am trying to draw a close button (x) at the end of an item. I've created a bitmap with the close (x) in black color, and the surrouding in white. I add the bitmap to an imagelist and use the CImageList::Draw() method to draw the bitmap. But when the bitmap is displayed, the close symbol is displayed in white, and the surrounding in white itself. I want the close symbol to be drawn in black, but the surrounding (background) to be the same as the tab control's color (i.e grayish). How do I do this? TIA, SD how you are creating...

Help setting up Charts
I have a spreadsheet with the following Column F, building name Each row on the spreadsheet is a member of staffs name In Column I, I have got the number 1 if the member of staff has been trained. If not there is a 0. I need a Chart to show the number of members of staff who are trained per work area. In the chart/ graph the work area should be along the bottom row X. The number of staff members will be in the Y column. Please would you be able to give some assistance. When I try to create a chart the information does not show and it appears to be cluttered. There are 91 members of s...

Combination Chart- 1 Column, 2 Lines
I am attempting to create a combination chart that uses one column, but 2 lines. I want the column to represent a percentage and the lines to show pricing at two different locations. Everything I see allows me to do the opposite (2 columns, 1 line). Any advice? Ignore the built-in custom types. Besides being oxymoronic, they are just not flexible. Make your own combination chart as follows: Make a line chart with all of the data. Right click on the one series you want as a column, choose Chart Type from the pop up menu, and choose a suitable series type. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, M...

Shape properties
I have created a drawing of our server racks. I have also gone into the custom properties of the shapes as they are laid out in the racks and I have entered the server names, serial numbers, BIOS versions, etc. of each shape and I want to display it in a table on a master list sheet. How do I do this? I know the data is usable, I just don't know how to effectively display it. Thanks Have you considered starting with Tools => Reports => New??? Al "Mark Hauschild" <mark.hauschild@remove.acc.af.mil> wrote in message news:O40OwRkfEHA.2764@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... &...

Comparing a set of charts according to the size of each chart
Hi all, i have a simple question, i have a set of data (sales of different categories for each month of the year) i would like to make a chart (ideally pie chart) for each month, and arrange the chart for each month next ot one another, my question is: is there a way i can change the size of each chart to reflect the total sales of that month, for example, if oct sales is half of nov, then the whole pie chart of oct would be half in size to that of the pie of nov? it need not to be pie chart, bar charts would be ok. thanks in advance This might be useful to you: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel...

Modify Members Tab in outlook
Hi, Im trying to remove access to the modify members tab, in the outlook GAL. This appears when you list the members of a Distribution group. I would like to disable this option so Distribution lists may only be modified through Active Directory. Any help would be appreaciated..... Daragh Have you checked to see if anyone is indeed *able* to modify the members of the group from within Outlook? Just the presence of the tab doesn't mean the user has permissions to do it...post back with more info... daragh wrote: > Hi, > > Im trying to remove access to the modify members...

how can I view Tabs on the screen
I have turned on View | Special Characters. Everything else shows, but the tabs do not. Any ideas on what may have turned them off? Thank you. kauricat wrote: > I have turned on View | Special Characters. Everything else shows, > but the tabs do not. Any ideas on what may have turned them off? > > Thank you. ================================== Just to clarify...what are you referring to as "tabs"? Also which version of Publisher are you using? -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/ac...