Shade under a line

I have scatterplots with date/time along the X axis, and data on the Y axis.
I'd like to add shading from sunrise to sunset.

I can create a line on the scatterplot that is 0 during the day and a value
greater than the max Y value at night, but would like to be able to shade
under this line to more easily visualize when it's dark.

I also tried creating a bar graph in the background on a second X axis,
thinking I could have small categories with date and light/dark data, but the
time axis cannot do increments smaller than days, so that hasn't worked.

Any suggestions?  I have hundreds of these graphs that I'd like to add this
data to.

Thanks

Try something like this:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"wildsprite" <wildsprite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have scatterplots with date/time along the X axis, and data on the Y
>axis.
> I'd like to add shading from sunrise to sunset.
>
> I can create a line on the scatterplot that is 0 during the day and a
> value
> greater than the max Y value at night, but would like to be able to shade
> under this line to more easily visualize when it's dark.
>
> I also tried creating a bar graph in the background on a second X axis,
> thinking I could have small categories with date and light/dark data, but
> the
> time axis cannot do increments smaller than days, so that hasn't worked.
>
> Any suggestions?  I have hundreds of these graphs that I'd like to add
> this
> data to.
>
> Thanks

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Scatter chart without connecting lines?
Could someone please help me out with my XY (Scatter) Chart? I've use the wizard (want to get it right then make a macro) and chosen the dat points connected by a smoothed line type. Using the data below with the Perc on the Y axis and the Dates acros the bottom, I can plot the data points correctly for each series bu they do not show the connecting line. Can someone please tell me ho to make these lines connected? Or even how I go about using a lin graph to display the data below? Thanks greatly in advance :) Batty Perc Series1 Series2 0 1/11/2004 11/11/2004 5 1...

Subject Line from IE page
I send pages from IE a lot. I just moved up from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. OL2000 would put the Title Bar in the subject line, but OL2003 puts the filename of the page instead. Is there a way to change that, because the Title of the page is a lot more descriptive than the filename. ...

Change line spacing?
Outlook 2000, Internet only, XP. How can I change formatting in Plain Text so I can type in double spacing? Formatting selections are grayed out unless I change to HTML. Line spacing is not there anyway. Thanks, Denzil. plain text doesn't support double spacing. you'll need to hit return twice to double space. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchan...

Customizing Auto-reply subject lines
I have several distribution groups set up in Exchange 2003 - I have also set up auto replies to email's sent to those DG's - What I would like to do is in 'have server reply using message' Use a variable so it will respond in the subject line using something like Thank you for your email regarding 'original subject goes here' Is there any way to do this ?? Paul On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:08:03 -0800, "Paul" <paul@home.com> wrote: >I have several distribution groups set up in Exchange 2003 - I have also set >up auto replies to email's sent t...

remove shading when printing
I have a form in excel that has the unlocked cells (the ones to be filled out) shaded so they stand out to the user. (FWIW, the form is an application for services) When this form prints, I would like it to print simply with no highlighted cells showing. I want the text the user entered to show, but the background to not show. Secondly, I have a combo box in the upper left corner of the form called "choose office". The user selects the office, and based on the updates, the Address and phone/fax fields are filled in on the bottom of the form. I do not want this combo box ...

line feed in MAILTO:
Hi freinds, As we know, if we use <a href="mailto:pashour@mail.all-in-1.com?subject=sebject&amp;body=body">mailme </a> then clientside outlook awill be opend and send email based on address, subject and body. My question is : HOw can I use line break in bodu part? I need to have 2-3 lines in body section! Thanks in advance, Pat Use %0D%0A to code line breaks and %20 for spaces. The url would look something like this: mailto:pashour@mail.all-in-1.com?Subject=Your%20subject%20text&amp;Body=Your%20body%20text%0D%0Awith%20a%20line%20break -- PATRICK REED [Ou...

level line
Hi All, I have a line graph with minutes on y axis but scaling may vary from small values to large ones. I want to draw a level line at 15 minutes with AddLine method. I can do that manually, but how can I calculate the position of 15 minutes (in points as required by the AddLine method) on y axis if its place varies with scaling of y axis? (or is there any other way?) Thanks, Stefi What's more, also the actual window size influences the place of 15 minutes on the chart! Stefi „Stefi” ezt írta: > Hi All, > > I have a line graph with minutes on y axis but scalin...

Shades of Grey
I am trying to create a bar chart with black and shades of grey. The black prints as a medium grey and a light grey prints as white. Is this an Excel problem or a printer problem? I would say it was a printer problem - have you go the printer set to 'draft' as that makes black a light gray. Try changing it to an image setting and see if that changes the shades of gray -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Silver" wrote: > I am trying to create a ...

From Line
Just got live mail set up but when I send email it shows my emails as coming from unknown. How do I correct this and thanks! Tools/Accounts... select account, then "Properties"... General tab.... User Information (name, email address) "Cindy K H" <CindyKH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22E17D98-E399-4CC5-B229-C4F86CDD664A@microsoft.com... > Just got live mail set up but when I send email it shows my emails as > coming > from unknown. How do I correct this and thanks! Thanks Magnus for your input. I already have it ty...

Aligning tick marks and labels on line charts or scatter charts
I have the following data: X Y 1 0.2 2 0.8 3 0.5 4 0.7 I would like to plot it using a line chart or a scatter chart with X on the horizontal axis and Y on the vertical. I would like the X range of the graph to go from 0.5 to 4.5, so that the first and last point are NOT on the extreme edges of the graph. I would like the X axis to be labelled only at 1, 2, 3 and 4. I would like a tick mark aligned with each of these labels. Is this possible in Excel? Here is what I am finding... Using a Line chart: Option 1. The range is correct (0.5 to 4.5), and the labels are correct, but the tick marks ...

Constant number of lines per group
I need to print a constant number of lines per group, as my report needs to print on pre-printed forms, and the data needs to land in the correct location on the paper. I found the following support article on Microsoft's web site, but it indicates that it works only through version 97. Hoping it would still work anyway, I followed the instructions, but it did not work for me in Access 2007. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q119073 Does anybody know how to accomplish this in 2007? TIA. "... did not work ... in Access 2007" does not tell us much. Did Access print anything?...

Money 2005 : Line of Credit
Hello, I have a Line of Credit Account. When I make a payment from my checking on this account I use the special account (which is a transfer) how ever, when the downloaded the Line of credit information arrives I see that the bank splits this payment into Interest and Principal. This amount equals the amount of my the transfer I made from my checking The problem is matching these amounts to the transfer I've made from my checking. I see no way to "split" the transfer into the correct catagoies. Any one have another way? Thanks Ignoring the downloaded transaction for ...

Macro code to put series name next to individual line in line grap
I want to put the series names next to their corresponding line in the line graph. I remember seeing on the internet that there is a macro code for this but I cannot find this anymore. Does anyone know what the macro code is? Look at this page http://www.andypope.info/charts/Labellast.htm Misange Otani a écrit : > I want to put the series names next to their corresponding line in the line > graph. I remember seeing on the internet that there is a macro code for this > but I cannot find this anymore. Does anyone know what the macro code is? I have used the VBA co...

Stacked Bar with a Line
I know that I have done this before, but I cannot remember how....I have five series of data that I have stacked as a stacked bar chart and I want the total to be shown as a line on the top of the bars how do I do this. For example: House A B C Cats: 1 2 0 Dogs: 2 3 1 Birds 1 4 2 Total 4 9 3 Cats, Dogs and Birds values are stacked, and I need a line at the top for "Total" animals. Laura - Chart all four series as stacked columns (columns are vertical, bars horizontal, as far as Microsoft is concerned), then right click the Total bar, which towers above th...

calendar shading
Is there a way to shade the bars that appear on a printed calendar so it is more readable? The way my Outlook 2000 is printing currently it is difficult to read. Dave French I'm not sure which bars you're referring to, so I can't answer your question directly. But many people find that the built in print styles in Outlook don't meet their needs. You might want to take a look at some free Word templates that use your Outlook calendar data to create a calendar in Word, which you can then customize to your liking. I personally use My Outlook Calendar and am very pleased wit...

VC6++ Greyed Out Lines
I am using Visual C++ 6.0 to examine a MFC application. There are many greyed out lines of code in the various procedure definitions. Can someone please explain what this means? Thanks, Henry I think what you are referring to is the code generated by the app wizard. These would be the method declaration in the class. It should have a commented line with something like Class wizard generated code. Is that what you are talking about? ---- Ajay it also greys out code inside of #if/#end statements now as well. Tom "Henry" <Henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

multiple lines of business
excuse me to repost, I wonder whether "business unit dependent", multiple instance data could be implemented with MSCRM. I explain: Customer may be rated "A" in our BU "hardware" but is rated "C" in our BU "software". This could iclude many other data, especially classifications but also contacts. Object-wise this would mean - 1:n BU dependent data subsets (extensions) to an object (i.e. to "account", the address part beeing BU-independent etc.etc..) OR - a classification field clearly saying the object belongs to ONE Business Unit...

Q about Line Graphs
I encountered a problem while I was trying to plot a line graph with several lines. My data looks something like this: T, Line1, Line2, Line3 0, 0, 0, 0 1, 2, x, x 2, 3, 4, x 3, x, x, 5 4, 6, 9, 6 Where the x-axis is time (min) and the y-axis is volume total. My problem is that since there are no values in certain places (as designated by 'x'), the lines will not join up to the markers. The reason I do not want to fill in the boxes with the previous value is because there will be a marker at every single point. So how can I connect the lines without adding redundant ...

Open Continuous form with a few lines showing
Hi I have successfully implemented a continuous form to open at a new line with RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew in the Load Event However, you have to manually scroll a little to see a few of the previous records. It would be nice to see up to 5 of these previous lines on Opening the form Is there a way to modify this code to do that? Thanks Neil Change the form's underlying record source to a Top 5 query. In a query's design view, right click in a blank area, and choose properties. Set the Top Values to 5, then adjust your criteria and order by clause to ret...

how do i increase the font size for the Subject line in an Outlook
The font is too small on the To:, Cc: and Subject: lines of my Outlook email (I used to use Outlook Express and it was fine there). How can I increase the font size? Thanks. when you are composing messages or viewing them in the message list? to change it on a message form, you need to change the windows defaults; you can change it for the message list by editing the automatic formatting settings for the view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search E...

The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switches you are using."error
What might be the possible cause of the "The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switches you are using." error within Outlook. We have a VB program that uses linking to email function, by and large they all work fine. However, on certain computers , using that function produces the above error message. I can't understand why this error pops up on others. Please advise. Any answer would be appreciated. Many thanks Mheng I think we'd need to know a lot more information about what your VB program is trying to do in order to be of any help....also need t...

Multiple Background Shades in Graph
Hi, I'm trying to create graph with multiple background shades. i.e if i were trying to create a graph of the price of a stock, when the stock has had an upward trend the background would be a different color than that of when the stock has had a downward trend. Also if the colors of the background would only be on top of the stock plot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, ask72883 ...

Macro to sum lines-HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Hi - I have been trying to make a macro that will automatically add up all of my project debits and credits. I have been unable to get this accomplished without having a run time error if there aren't any projects, or any of the projects I have specified. Project numbers look like this: F05GX35509 There are thousands of projects, but they are categorized by the first 3 digits. The first 3 digits could be F05, M04, etc....etc....and they will change every fiscal year. Here is what I would like to be able to do.... 1. Find the end of the data 2. Insert a formula to a)find the...

how to shade a paragraph with bullets without gaps in the shade
I want to highlight paragraphs with colour and border. When the paragraph inlcudes a sentence and a bulleted list the shading has a gap. How can i get the shade to surround the whole paragraph? A single paragraph cannot include a bulleted list - at least not using the bullet and numbers facility. You would need to use Shift enter and mock up your list with bullet characters and tabs. You can then treat the resulting block as a single paragraph. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Gra...

X axis on 0 on Line-Column on 2 Axes
Is there a way on a Line-Column on 2 Axes chart to have the 0 value on both the bar and line axes be straight across from each other even though the bar chart is in 1,000s and the line axes is in single digits and has negative numbers? Only way I can figure is to put negative numbers in the bar axis as well. Try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Supe" <Supe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1174954-513D-...