Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph

I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset.

For example,

Series A
(1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500)

Series B
(3, 80) (400, 90)

Series C
(30, 80) (200, 120)

and so on.

The data is store on single worksheet

Series Name         x coordinate            y coordinate
A                          1                           50
A                          8                           90
A                          10                         300
A                          300                       500
B                          3                           80
B                          400                       90
C                          30                         80
C                          200                       120

I tried to plot the graph using Line graph, with 3 series each named A,
B, C,
set the values for each series with corresponding y's, and set the x
axis labels as the whole x coordinate range, but it doesn't work as I
wanted.

Any help on plotting a set of lines based on (x, y) coordinates?

0
chul81 (1)

Let's assume you date is in A1:C8. (A1 has the first "A", B1 has 1, C1 has
50)
1)Select B1:C4 (all the A-data) and make an XY chart. Please note XY charts
are used when plotting ordered pairs of numerical data.

2)Now select the B data (B5:C6) and use the Copy tool; Click the chart to
activate it; use the menu command Edit|Paste Special and specify in the
dialog New Series; X-category values in first column. Now we have two data
series.

3) Repeat step 2 with the C data.

4) You have a chart but the legend has Series 1, Series 2... and you might
want A, B, .... Right click the chart; open the Source Data dialog; open the
Series tag; and correct names (or cell references) for each series)

best wishes
Send me private email if more details needed and I will return a
screen-capture movie showing the steps.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

<chul81@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset.
>
> For example,
>
> Series A
> (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500)
>
> Series B
> (3, 80) (400, 90)
>
> Series C
> (30, 80) (200, 120)
>
> and so on.
>
> The data is store on single worksheet
>
> Series Name         x coordinate            y coordinate
> A                          1                           50
> A                          8                           90
> A                          10                         300
> A                          300                       500
> B                          3                           80
> B                          400                       90
> C                          30                         80
> C                          200                       120
>

> I tried to plot the graph using Line graph, with 3 series each named A,
> B, C,
> set the values for each series with corresponding y's, and set the x
> axis labels as the whole x coordinate range, but it doesn't work as I
> wanted.
>
> Any help on plotting a set of lines based on (x, y) coordinates?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Several usernames, several domains
Hello. My boss frequently gets his name misspelled and has six additional e-mail aliases to cover this. He also has 18 domains. So now when we're moving to Exchange 2003 he's getting 7x18 addresses. Thats no problem in my book, Email recipeint policies covers adding the 18 domains, but.... how to make every policy cover the seven aliases? best You don't need to. Just add the aliases manually to the user account. As long as the domains are the same, you're covered for him receiving mail properly. You only need one recipient policy for each inbound domain to cover ...

Moving average trend line
When graphing, does a moving average trend line give equal weight to all data within the trend period (30 days in my case) or does the more recent data have greater weight (significance)? If the latter, do you know the weighting function? Thanks, Don Culp no weighting is done. Don Culp wrote: > When graphing, does a moving average trend line give equal weight to all > data within the trend period (30 days in my case) or does the more recent > data have greater weight (significance)? If the latter, do you know the > weighting function? > > Thanks, > Don Culp ...

Separating names from one cell
I have a long list of first and last names in one cell, is there a way to separate them out without having to manually copy, paste, and delete each one. It would be great to have two columns: first name and last name. Thanks, mlf Hi Have a look at Data/Text to columns. If you use <space> as a delimiter it should do the job for you. Select the column before you start, and make a copy of the sheet too, in case it all goes horribly wrong! Andy. "mlf" <mlf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49E45B16-8BF6-4BC2-AA17-A212C9195BE5@microsoft.com... >I h...

stationary how to make and use several
I need to use serveral differant stationaries to use with differant clients, how do I make more than one and use it, I have one made right now, but can not figure how to use it in a new email, I do not want it to be my default, I only need it once a week or so. ...

Word between lines
Hi, I´m working in Publisher 2003. Can you guys help me out ? I need to changes words between lines, can I do it automatic? So if changes the text I don´t have to go and take all the - (meaning-ful) out. Asa Edit, find... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ASA" <ASA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B42A5C3B-822C-4E59-855A-C542697E6B39@microsoft.com... > Hi, I�m working in Publisher 2003. > Can you guys help me out ? I need to changes words between lines, can I do &...

investing x monthly amounts to..?
Help out please,If one would put amount of x every month into an investment with yearly interest of r (compounded at the end of the year) how much it would amount to in N years? In article <1187691335.294710.239140@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, djp997@yahoo.com wrote: > Help out please,If one would put amount of x every month into an > investment with yearly interest of r (compounded at the end of the > year) how much it would amount to in N years? If the x is deposited at the beginning of each month and earns simple monthly interest until the end of the year, the amount...

Suppressing lines on reports
How do you suppress 'zero' lines on reports. For example when reporting Investment value stocks which have all been sold show up on the report (with quantity zero). This increases the size of the report with zeroes in all the columns. You could customize out the investments in question. If the report in question has the option, remove any option to show closed investments. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.m...

faq: different elements in one container,is it possible? #2
Hi, I use CArray, CList etc. , and always the elements in the container are the same type. Now I want use these container to store the different elements , is it possible? As a example, class CMyPoint : public CPoint { .... CArray<int,int&> m_nindex; .... }; Now I want to store the CPoint and CMyPoint in CArray, how to define it? CArray<??,??> Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000109010900090801000503 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit David Wilkinson 写道: > To store polymorphic...

excel vba
is there a way to disable the close button on a userform such as password screen that would disable a person from being able to clos the userform by hitting the x button in the top right. I have it se up so that they have to enter a password to view the page, bu overlloked the fact that they can simply hit the close button. An ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Use the form's QueryClose Method Here is the (pasted) example from the Excel VBA Help file Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer) 'Prevent user from closing ...

Transaction screen resolution got changed one more time!!!!
hi, in one of my POS the Transaction screen resolutions sometimes increments its height with no reason.... After i fixed it do it again few days after.... Is this a common bug or some like that? Thanks Aldo, I've seen it happen before, it doesn't seem to be too common and don't know what the cause is. The only solution I've found is to always log in as an Limited User instead of an Admin. The Limited User cannot change the setting and make it stick, without a lot of work. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other ...

x Axis inserts extra dates
Hello, I am charting values in two date columns, one date is 8/16/05 and the other one is 9/1/05. The columns are side by side. This use to be a piece of cake for me until I started using Excel 2003. Now, instead of showing two dates on the X axis, it shows values for every two days between 8/16/05 and 9/1/05. I found out that the X Axis scale was showing a 2 day interval, however I was not able to make any changes in the scale area to show only the two dates I wanted. Any help would be appreciated. thx/Jerry Jerry, If you have only two dates, then there's no reason to have a time...

copy several items & paste several items?
Thanks in advance. I want to copy several items into the Office Clipboard (Edit>Office Clipboard...) and then paste those several items into the active sheet (using VBA). (I believe up to 12 items can be stored in the Office clipboard) So rather than copying one item, activating the sheet, pasting it, then activating the sheet to copy from, copying, then activating the sheet I want to paste to one more time, and pasting it, the macro would: select an item copy to Office clipboard select another item copy to Office clipboard activate another sheet select a range pastespecial an item s...

How do I restrict data movement (cut & paste) to only one column?
Hi, My workbook is designed for shared use. One crucial function is to allow the users to move data (text) up and down columns associated with that specific data. How do I protect the users from mistakenly moving data into a wrong column. I have tried the validation function, but cut/moved data carries its own validation properties and is therefore not considered invalid when pasted into any cell. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks Regards Kevin Nurse One way to play with might be to restrict the scroll area in each sheet to a certain columnar range. For example, suppose ...

Help with adding x-axis major gridlines
I'm trying to make a chart that will have small tick-marks along the x-axis for a fiscal week, and a long tick-mark separating the fiscal month. I think I'm not formatting the data properly in the worksheet. Any ideas? Use a Line chart with dates as the X values. Double click the X axis. On the Scale tab, set the X axis minimum to occur on the 1st of a month. Set the Base Unit to Day(s), the Major Unit to 1 Month(s), the Minor Unit to 7 Day(s). On the Patterns tab, choose whatever for Major Ticks and something besides None for Minor Ticks. Click OK. On the Chart menu, choose C...

Y-axis on both sides?? Gridlines priority??
Is it possible to display a y-axis on both sides of a chart? Both should be identical, and should have automatic scales. It's on a Area chart with four or five data series. Alternatively, if I could give the Gridlines priority (ie if they appeared on top of the coloured area ranges) it would solve my problem. Thanks -- germullen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ germullen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=542920 In place ...

[Q] Command Line Switch for Outlook to specify profile....
G'Day, - I have 2 outlook profiles on the same computer - I dont want to log in to the same one each time - I would like to create a 2 shortcuts - one for each profile - So is it possible to supply a command line paramater to Outlook to specify the profile? TIA --Donovan The switch you want is /profile <profile name> -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Donovan J. Edye" <donovan@edye.wattle.id.au> wrote in message ...

RMS should allow you to choose more than one item at a time
RMS should allow you to choose more than one item at a time, this would be helpful in creating PO's. Mutiple item selection is a standard in every software; you really dropped the ball with this one. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

Outlook 2002 Red X
I am running Outlook 2002 and suddenly my incoming emails are missing pictures and banners - replaced by rectangles with red x's (think they are called placeholders). Can you help me to restore the pictures, please. Robert Robert S <shackwa@tpg.com.au> wrote: > I am running Outlook 2002 and suddenly my incoming emails are missing > pictures and banners - replaced by rectangles with red x's (think > they are called placeholders). Can you help me to restore the > pictures, please. Try uninstalling the most recent Office security update. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Out...

split from one date to several dates
hi there. this is the situation, i'm trying to split one date in several dates, for example: 01/03/2010 ----- split in 60 dates with the interval of 1 month 01/04/2010 01/05/2010 etc... 60 times... Can you help me??? Tks in advance... Peter First, be aware that Access does date/times in US format ... I'm assuming your list of dates are the 1st of March, the 1st of April, ... If you want an Access table with the first day of each month for the next 60 months, there's a simple trick. Open Excel, put in a few dates, then extend the range until you ha...

how do i make a chart with two seperate lines of data?
hi i have a historical sales chart from Mar 2003 to present that i'm trying to graph. however, excel is making me keep the data in one straight line if i try to seperate it into two rows, it adds another bit to the chart how do i graph sales using two seperate lines of data? Hi, This is best done in 2 steps. Create the chart with the first set of data. Then use the Source Data dialog to reselect the 2 data ranges, using the CTRL key to select the 2 separate ranges. So for data that is in the range A1:E1 continued in A2:E2 you would end up with a series formula like this, =SERIE...

How do I open multiple PST files in one go?
Hi, I have multiple PST files saved as Dec 09, Nov 09 so on and so forth. I want to open all the files in one go instead of doing the following process a dozen time for the dozen or so files run outlook --> file --> open --> open data file --> browse to the location (multiple clicks) --> click on the archived pst file i want to open Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone has an excellent weekend *smile* Zeeshan wrote: > I have multiple PST files saved as Dec 09, Nov 09 so on and so forth. I want > to open all the files in one go instead...

One click to select a newly create account from a Lookup form
On the Case form, when you look up a Customer you have the option to click New. If New is clicked and a new Account (or Contact) is created, is it possible to link the Account straight back to the form when the Save & Close button is clicked. Rather than having to select the newly created Account from the Lookup up form, the account is selected automatically and the lookup form is closed. This CRM implemenation is for a call centre and they must minimse the amount of clicks to perform certain actions. This is a CRM 4.0 implementation. Is this possible with JScript, or by any other means...

Sending from several addresses
I am running Outlook 2000, and have several addresses set up under one profile. Can anyone tell me how I can tell Outlook which of those addresses to send from? It always sends from the first one I originally put in, but now we have our own domain, and I need to send my messages from the new address. I would like to be able to send from the third e-mail address, so I can't just delete all the addresses. ...

SQL 2008 linked server to VFP 7.x tables??
Does a good reference or tutorial exist for this topic?? We only need READ access from SQL 2008 to the VFP tables -- various select queries for reporting etc. Should this be done by first installing the most current VFPOLE driver onto the server containing SQL 2008, then establishing the linked server?? Or should we use an ODBC DSN (file or system, which??) and link from SQL 2008 to the VFP data this way?? Thank you, Tom ...

Leader Lines Connecting Chart to Box
I have a pie chart with a text box (to the upper right). I take one slice and draw lines from the top and bottom of the outside ends of the slice to connect to the text box. Naturally, as the data changes, the slice changes (or the pie slightly rotates) which requires me to adjust the lines to the box. Is there a way to have these lines track with the chart? Hi, Here is a possible solution. It uses a combination chart which allows the lines to be plotted and updated dynamically by using a xy-scatter. http://www.andypope.info/charts/customerleaderlines.htm If you have to still with ...