Several Pivot Charts One Sheet of Data

Is there an easy way to create several pivot charts off of one database in
the same document?  Everytime I change one chart, the others change too.

The pivot chart and pivot table are linked, so changing one changes the
other.

Copy your pivot table, and make a new chart based on the copy.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"michelerocks" <michelerocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there an easy way to create several pivot charts off of one database in
> the same document?  Everytime I change one chart, the others change too.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Deletionservice does not clean data with deletionstatecode 2
Hi, the CRM 4.0 Deletionservice does not clean up data with deletionstatecode 2. I can see the MSCRMDeletionService in the Eventlog until Juli, after this time there are no more entries in Eventlog. Has anyone the same issue? Yes, we have the same problem MSFT are working on a hotfix for our issue, for release in the next week "crm_ingo" <crmingo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D310232F-39E9-4111-840B-EC0F1F9791D7@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > the CRM 4.0 Deletionservice does not clean up data with deletionstatecode > 2. > I can see the MS...

Charting data from many files
I have a weekly summary archive that I do of our cash flows. I would like to make a chart that shows the change in different account balances over the last year. Every single file is done in the exact same format -- same pages, same columns, etc. Is there a way to get this information together without having to go into every single file? ...

Prevent printing without hiding a sheet
Is it possible to have a sheet in a multi-sheet workbook accessible to users, but which does not print? The sheet in question collects and formats the data from other sheets in a way that can be cut and pasted into Word. It needs to be accessible, but doesn't need to be printed at all. The best I've managed so far is to reduce the print area to one cell, but I can't seem to reduce it to no cells! (p.s. for convenience the users are instructed to print entire workbook, there are many sheets) Many thanks, Geoff. You could try a before print macro however if the user sets ...

hide irrelevant data
I plot a variable against the date to make a (scatter) plot. To smoothen the data, I use the trimmean function. I have copied the formula to the rest of the column and as a consequence the graph drops down toward zero for the date after today. This is very ugly. How can I automatically hide the part that is not relevant? Of course the problem is more general and not specific for the trimmean function. Thanks for your help. Jim Hi Jim, If I understand what you are trying to do. You can use Tushar Mehta's Auto Chart Manager to limit the X and Y axes to values that you specify in ...

Charts in 2007
I just did my first charts using Access 2007 and was very disappointed to see that Access 2007 does not have the same chart engine (graphic standards etc) as Excel 2007 ? Am I missing something here or should Access 2007 still have the old Office 97 style charts ? Thanks Hi Andre, you can manipulate the chart object the same way in Access as you do in Excel -- the right mouse button will be your best friend! The real trick to getting what you want on the chart, though, is to modify the RecordSource yourself -- I always change what the wizard does... Warm Rega...

Date/Time issue with Pivot Table
Hello. I have column of data that is both date and time. However when I create the pivot table I only want it to summarize the date. I've formatted both the source and the pivot table to display on the date but formatting doesn't affect the underlying data so if a date has three different times, then the pivot table has three different entries for a given date. I can (and have) parsed out the serial number to remove the time portion but that gets a bit time consuming and this comes up frequently in different spreadsheets. I'm wondering if there's away to ...

Excel Pivot Tables
I am working on an assignment where we have to use pivot tables. The question I have to answer is "Are their any times of day when purchases are most common? Do people buy product while at work or at home. I have spreadsheet with the following columns; CUST ID, REGION, PAYMENT, SOURCE, AMOUNT, PRODUCT, and TIME OF DAY. I am trying to set up a pivot table so that only the purchases made from 0800 - 1700 hours are displayed and counted for each region and then for all those outside of theat time frame. I have the basic understanding of how to set up a simple pivot table, but I ca...

Charts: Can the Default settings be changed
The defalt background is grey and the line colors are awful. How do I change these default settings so that I can avoid having to change each line width, color, point size and shadow. We're can I find the menu to make this change On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, jimbo <jimboliz@gmail.com> said: >The defalt background is grey and the line colors are awful. How do I >change these default settings so that I can avoid having to change >each line width, color, point size and shadow. We're can I find the >menu to make this change Press F1 and ...

Accumulating Values in a Pivot table
Hi all. Does anybody of you know, how I can show in a Pivot table accumulated values (example)in each row: Day Amount Accum. Value 1 50 50 3 75 125 8 105 230 .. .. .. .. .. .. and so on. Maybe someone give me a tip. Thanx a lot Regards Kurt Hi Kurt, That is one of the big advantages of using Pivot Tables One place to start would be Debra Dalgleish's Contextures.com/techtip.html http://www.contex...

No Undo after save
I have searched forums and web sites all over the internet for the answer to why excel does not allow you to undo after a save. I have built a habit over the years of hitting ctrl-s very often in whatever i am working in. for any application other than excel this isn't a problem. What good is it to have this feature? What kind of evil genious thought up this great idea? Is clearing the undo freeing up memory? Well guess what, we all have more than 64 megs of RAM now. So does anyone know of some hack or registry edit that will allow for excel to undo after a save? Or am I alone in thinkin...

pivot tables
I have a question about pivot tables-- I have a dataset in Excel with the columns NAME, DEBIT, CREDIT, and BALANCE. The info was originally drawn from a QuickBooks database. Debit and credit are from individual entries, and I have them Summed. However, Balance is a "running balance" field in QBooks, but, when I put it into a pivot table, I cannot find a way to get ti to show only the LAST entry for a given grouping. For instance, this is a sample of the data before converting it to a ptable: Name Debit Credit Balance 1301 ROCHEBLAVE 0.00 10,372,408.47 1301 ROCHEBLAVE 1,425.00...

Pulling data from one cell to another #2
Paul - thank you . It worked like a charm!! : -- inthewa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- intheway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=672 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26918 ...

Creating a formula in a multi-sheet file
When creating a formula and I can click to the tab I need but when I click on the required cell on that sheet, I can't select the cell. The portion of the worksheet that is causing me problems is in a table but standard formatting and no protection. I can click on a cell in another portion of that same sheet and the formaula is updated properly. But I return the the cells the table portion the formula is not updated with the cell reference. I've several sheets in the file which exhibit this behavior. SP2 and all updates have been applied. ANY suggestions??? I'm st...

Blank cells represented in area charts
I have an area chart with a 3D visual effect. The blank cells are being shown as 0. I have tried putting #N/A in the blank cells and I have tried to plot empty cells as interpolated. Both of these are not working. How can I get the blank cells to stop showing up as 0 in the area chart? Thanks, Cindy -- cdoughty ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cdoughty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25988 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393521 Cindy - Sorry, area charts don'...

Create Pivot Table with 2 different Data source
Data Source 'A': Customer monthly sales Data fields: Cust_name, Apr 05, May 05, Jun 05, Jul 05 Data Source 'B': Customer Info Data fields: Cust_name, Cust_ID, Cust_Group_ID [Cust_ID is unique but Cust_Group_ID is not unique] Task is to create a Pivot Table. Only Cust_Group_ID, Apr 05, May 05 Jun 05, Jul 05 are the data needed in the Table. Theres more requirement, only those Cust_Group_ID = 100 200 and 300 ca be shown in the table. I know its easilier if the Customer monthly sales contain Cust_Group_ID field. How can I select certain Data fields fro different Data sourc...

Several usernames, several domains
Hello. My boss frequently gets his name misspelled and has six additional e-mail aliases to cover this. He also has 18 domains. So now when we're moving to Exchange 2003 he's getting 7x18 addresses. Thats no problem in my book, Email recipeint policies covers adding the 18 domains, but.... how to make every policy cover the seven aliases? best You don't need to. Just add the aliases manually to the user account. As long as the domains are the same, you're covered for him receiving mail properly. You only need one recipient policy for each inbound domain to cover ...

HOW CAN I COMPILE 2 SHEETS?
HOW CAN I COMPILE 2 SHEETS? n tell me what is the formula of subtraction in it? how can we repeat the same row in all pages of a sheet (in printing) without copying & pasting... ? thanx.......................... Homework? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Sweeney *" <Sweeney *@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD03E931-51F8-49B8-9184-CEC86D586E58@microsoft.com... > HOW CAN I COMPILE 2 SHEETS? n tell me what is the formula of subtraction > in > it? > > how can we repeat the same ro...

Display Hidden Columns in Charts
In Excel 2003 is it possible to display hidden columns (or rows) in a chart. When I hide columns for my charts the default is to remove the hidden data from the chart. Tools menu > Options > Chart, uncheck Plot Visible Cells Only. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC404913-010E-4172-A30F-7C597981B2E1@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2003 is it possible to display hidden columns (or rows) in a >...

Outbound mail queues to one domain
Hi, Exchange 2003 is queueing mail sent to only one domain. All others, including AOL and hotmail, work fine. There are no messages in the event log. The only message in Exchange is "The connection was dropped by the remote host." under additional queue information. I've run the smtpdiag tool and I get the following error: --------------------------------------- Checking MX servers listed for 1234561234@domainname.com. Connecting to mx.domainame.com [123.123.123.123] on port 25. Failed to receive data. Error: 10054 Received: Error: Expected "220". Failed to get a r...

Data entry Query
Hi I am trying to have a query open up (which later I will use as a form) so that I can do data entry, but because I am joining a table it does not allow me to add records (One to many relationship). The PartNumberTests_tbl table contains all tests pertaining to a specific part number. In the TestResults_tbl table I want to be able to add the results of each test that applies to the queried partnumber. I do not need to write anything to the PartNumberTests_tbl table since it is updated by the use of a form (adding or modifying test parameters for a specific part number) Can this be done...

Pivot Tables #13
I am having problems in Excel 2000 for Windows XP Pro. I am using a Pivot table and trying to check and uncheck boxes in the Drilldown feature, I am unable to do so. Logging in as a different user on the same PC I am able to check and uncheck the boxes. Also logging in to a different PC with the user that was unable to before, they are then able to check and uncheck. Is there any way to reset the options settings in Excel to default or does anyone have an answer to the problem above? Thanks, Brian ...

Pivot Field Data count
Hello, Does anyone knows the code in VBA to know how many diferent items a pivot table field has??? I�m looking for something like: MyPivotTable.PivotFields("MiPivotField").Count Thank you in advanced. M�nica MyPivotTable.PivotFields("MiPivotField").PivotItems.Count M�nica wrote: > Does anyone knows the code in VBA to know how many diferent items a pivot > table field has??? > > I�m looking for something like: > > MyPivotTable.PivotFields("MiPivotField").Count -- Debra Dalgleish Contextures http://www.contextures.com/tiptech....

How to protect sheet layouts and formatting?
I have a spread sheet setup to display values from lots of other sheets within the same workbook. only 77 cells require a user to input data, so I have set up protection so only these cells can be changed when protect sheet is enabled. problems I would love help with, please: 1) how can I now protect the formatting of these cells from being changed? but still allow users to input data? 2) stop other users from, renaming or deleting any other sheets within the workbook needed for this sheet to work, or inserting rows or columns in them? 3) all without password protecting the file? Kind reg...

Pivot Table Field Names
In previous versions of Excel when dragging a filed to a Row or Column position in a Pivot Table it would automatically draw the field name from the underlying table, in other words if I were to take the field 'Facility Name' from the source data and make it a row item, the header for that row would be 'Facility Name' In Excel 2007 when I do this it creates a header called 'Row Labels'. The same behaviour takes place for Column Labels. I then have to type in the field name I want for each Row or Column Header. Is there any way to have Excel 2007 assum...

how to importa data from our company program into an excel file?
I need to import data from our company program and turn it into an excel file, anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks! Hi Sarah hopefully your company program has an export facility where you can export data ... once you've exported it you could then try and import it. if you'ld like to mention the name of the company's program or even what program you think it might be writen in (try help/about from the menu) we might be able to assist further. Regards JulieD "Sarahcw80" <Sarahcw80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5B30D9C-A8BD-4022-83EA-6B...