series w/ named range not shown when reopen chart

My workbook has two sheets: the data on "Sheet4" and a chart sheet
"Chart1" that refers to data on "Sheet4".  The chart has three
series.  Two series use absolute cell references, one uses a named
range which defines a dynamic block of data (cells containing data
from L7 down), so the range name is defined as =OFFSET(Sheet4!$L
$7,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet4!$L7:$L65536),1).

The chart works just fine, until I save and close the workbook and
then try to reopen it.  When I reopen, the chart doesn't show the
series defined with the named range.  If I look at the source data for
the chart, the series is still defined appropriately, etc.  It is as
if Excel has "forgotten" about that series or can't figure out what it
is.

Can anyone help?  Is there some way of "reminding" excel what to do
when I reopen the workbook?

TIA,
Mike

0
mikepyne (1)

Moving data series horizontally (offset) to prevent overlapping
Hi, I could use some help with my Line with Markers -chart. My four different series overlap each other a little, which isn't that much of a problem until I add error bars, which are almost impossible to format so that you can know for sure which error bars belong to which data series. Is it possible to move a data series (including its error bars) right or left just a few pixels so the error bars are distinguishable from each other? I've seen this done in some published charts, but can't find a way to do it. Using google I found an example of what I need: http://www.emera...

Compare each value in a range to each value in another range
I am looking for a macro that will return a comparison of each cell in a range to each cell in another range. example. the first range would have vales of 1,2,3 and the second range would have values of 5,6,7 Thus the macro should return 9 possible comparisons: 1 & 5, 1 & 6, 1 & 7, 2 & 5, 2 & 6, 2 & 7, 3 & 5, 3 & 6, 3 & 7, Can anybody help me with this?? Just hazarding some thoughts here .. Perhaps using formulas would suffice ? Example: Assume 1st range is A1:A3, 2nd range is B1:B3. Then Compare 1st range against 2nd range I...

Series colors
I cant find the syntax to specify the color of each series in a line chart. Can someone help? Thanks. I get as far asWorksheets("mysheet").Chart(1).SeriesCollection(n) ... Hi Dan, Try something like this, Worksheets("Sheet1").chartobjects(1) _ .chart.SeriesCollection(1).Border.ColorIndex = 4 Dan Sully wrote: > I cant find the syntax to specify the color of each series in a line chart. > Can someone help? Thanks. > > I get as far asWorksheets("mysheet").Chart(1).SeriesCollection(n) ... > > -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info...

Help with excel 2007 chart
Hey, this seems fairly simple but is stumping me. I have a table with static data that shows my budgetary costs per month for the last 2 years. The row labels in my table are the categories (mortgage, insurance, power, gas, phone, etc.) and the column labels are each month for 2007 and 2008. What I want to do is create a chart that will graph the data (line chart) for each category over the last two years. I would like to choose what category to display on the chart so they're not all on the chart at the same time. I have tried a Pivot Chart, but it's just not displaying the data corre...

Retrieving stored names of drop down lists
How can I retreive existing names of a drop down lists that I have created. The validation box requires you to type an equal sign followed by the name. What do you do if you forget the name? -- MZ MZ, If the range name is located in the workbook, you should find it under: Insert> Name> Define> Known Lists in Workbook will show. If the range name is in another workbook, then you will need to search through them to fine its location. -- Add MS to your News Reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com Rich/rerat (RRR News) <message rule> <<Previous Text Snip...

Attempting to re-create PWA site gives error "....name already exi
Hi, I am attempting to move a PWA instance from one WSS 3 farm to another. I moved the databases on an initial test OK, but when I come to try to create the PWA site again I am given the following error: "The Project Web Access site specified can not be created because a site by that name already exists." and "The database specified is already used by another project server. Enter a different server or database name and try again." These are the steps that I went through 1) Installed WSS 3.0 SP1 and confirmed functionality 2) Installed Project Server 2007 ...

chart with two data series and two colors for each data series
Hi! I am using visual studio.net 2.0 and trying to use OWC11 to draw a chart from the database. If its only one data series it is fine but i cant see the second data series. all i was trying to do was display actual and budgeted against year. below are the code for clarification gvPortfolioHisex.DataSource = dtPropertyCapex gvPortfolioHisex.DataBind() 'Now Build a graph from the dataset Dim oChartSpace As New Owc11.ChartSpaceClass() Dim objChart As Owc11.ChChart = oChartSpace.Charts.Add(0) objChart.HasTitle = True objChart.Title.Caption = "Historical Expenditure Graph&quo...

How do I format currency field in Excel 2000 w/o 2 extra zeroes?
-- May the Good Lord be with You and His Guiding Light be strong... Format Cells -> Currency -> select decimal places 0?? "slmm" <slmm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:906615CE-244B-4828-9CC8-8050EAF0F8B4@microsoft.com... > > -- > May the Good Lord be with You and His Guiding Light be strong... Thanks Barb. I tried that but then I only have the dollar amount and no decimals and no cents. -- May the Good Lord be with You and His Guiding Light be strong... "Barb Reinhardt" wrote: > Format Cells -> Currency -> select...

Surface Chart Legend
I have a surface chart with several bands of various color defs. Occassionally, but not always, when the source data is modified ALL bands take on a purple color. I then have to click on each line of the legend and reformat it for the intended color. I have not discovered what causes this or how to stop it from occurring. Thank You for any tips on how to lock this key in. Bryan ...

Chart Axis #2
Using Excel 2003 I am charting some data that has a large range in numbers. I'm using a clustered column chart that compares values across categories. The chart has 4 categories of numbers to chart monthly. The problem I'm having is - in one category, the raw data numbers range from 2000 to 4500 and another category ranges from 25 to 90. When I chart this data, I cannot really see much of a bar in the chart for the smaller values. I want to at least have some bar showing. The minimum on the scale is zero. I thought to change the scale (Y Axis) minimum to a negative value and t...

Financial series vs Sales Series
This may or may not be an unusual question, but when I have to do something in GP 9.0 like a utility and it tells me that everyone 'has to be out of the system to do so', does this include anyone who is doing something 'strictly with the financials?' I had told my employer one day that he would have to get out of the system so I could take care of what he requested that I take care of and he said he wasn't doing anything with sales or inventory, just working on the 'financial side' and he shouldn't have to get out. Because of my instance that it would o...

User folder on desktop has a bad name
My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside are C:\Users\Matteo The wrong name is visible only on desktop How can I restore the correct name? "Allamarein" <matteo.diplomacy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c9cd2878-a7ad-46c5-b802-a37c9d4f5b7a@d39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on > desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside > are C:\Users\Matteo The wrong name is visible only on deskto...

text wrap w/ merged cells
I have 3 column that are merged cells that I would like to text wrap. I understand that Excel has a problem doing this, but is there some sort of formatting I can to make it automaticaly adjust my row height. If there is then please let me know. Normally I would just do it manually but there are some formulas I don't want screwed up and other people will be entering data so I want to protect my worksheet.....Thanks in advance for any help or attempted help. Travis No, there's no formatting that will adjust row-height on merged, wrapped cells. If you look in the archives, you...

MedianIf multiple range and criteria
Hi all, I have this formula that works perfectly for one criteria for the range A3:A5000: =MEDIAN(IF((Calc!$C$3:Calc!$C$5000=1)*(Calc!$A$3:Calc!$A$5000=A19)* (Calc!$E$3:Calc!$E$5000>0),Calc!$E$3:Calc!$E$5000)) I need to modify this formula in order to scan the range A3:A5000 and if any values in this range are equal to A17 and A18 and A19, I need it to return the median of the range E3:E5000>0 AND that also satisfies the condition C3:C5000=1. Is this possible? Any thoughts? Does this make sense? Thanks! If I understood what you want... Array entered: =MEDIAN(I...

I am using Office Exele 2003, but too slow with before version? W.
Dear.Sirs We chage the EXCEL from 2000 to 2003 new version with DELL DIMENSION8400. But somtimes the copy command and write line of its speed is too slow? Our machine is CPU 3GHZ, RAM 512MB, 150GB HD with Windows XP home edition. Please help us, because we have the plan bought same 2 units of new DELL 8400 with 2003Execl units from next month(July 2005). Best regrads Satoshi Sakuma(JP) stsakuma@nifty.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" butt...

Autofill a series from the name box?
If I want to autofill a series of values from 1 to 10, using the autofill handle is the easiest way to do it. But if I want to autofill 1 to 1000, that's a bit more tedious with the autofill handle. Is it possible to do it from the name box? I've been told it can be done but I can't figure it out. Help doesn't tell you and I've checked several books and references, but they all talk about using the fill handle only. You can use the name box to select the range you're interested in and fill a series. Suppose you want to fill A1:A10 with the sequential number...

charting calculated values
I am charting calculated values for each month Jan to Dec. The lin shows values for each completed month but then goes to zero for month where values have not yet been entered. How can the chart show only th values greater than zero -- dp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dpj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=149 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27225 Are the cells empty for future months? Under Tools/Options/Chart there are several options as to how to handle empty cells. ...

Chart source setting with VBA
Hi, I currently have a chart grpQuickLook on a form in Access. I am setting the row source of this based on the selection made by the user. If they select to add data by an individual, it will show the individuals chart and if they select to add data by a team, then it will show the team data. This is the code i have used ..grpQuickLook.RowSource = "SELECT tbl_Metrics_Data_Entry.dt_Date_Entered, Sum(tbl_Metrics_Data_Entry.intVolume) AS Volumes, " & _ "Sum(tbl_Metrics_Data_Entry.intTime) AS Timings FROM tbl_Met...

Lines on chart don't correlate to values being charted
I'm having a strange problem with a chart done in Excel 2003 (on a workbook prepared by someone other than myself, so I'm not sure of all that has happened with it before.) There are three lines drawn on the chart, and one is normal - that is, the line drawn correlates to the values being charted. But the other two lines don't correlate to the numbers they should be charting. When you hover over these two lines and it tells you the values for the data point, the data point values are fine - but that isn't what the line is drawing! For example, one series is charting ...

How do I force a series in a Bar-Line Chart to be a Bar?
I have 4 series in a Bar+Line chart that has multiple Y-Axis and I want 3 of the series to reference the Primary Y-Axis using a Bar format and 1 of the series referencing the Secondary Y-Axis using a Line format. Excel seems to be forcing me to reference 2 series to one Y-Axis and the other 2 to the other Y-Axis. How can I force it to do what I want... I have been trying many settings and have not found the magical combination as of yet. Select the series. Select Chart Type from Chart menu. Select the type of series you want. In the future, you may find it easier to use a common chart...

vlookup w/ multiple data in a single cell
Is it possible to have a cell contain two pieces of informaton (e.g., A1 ="Me, You"), a vlookup statement to look for each pece of informaton in that cell (e.g., first "Me", then "You") in another sheet, and display the match in B1? Sheet 1 A1 = "Me, You" B1 = (after vlookup) "Art, Joe" Sheet 2 A1 = "Me" and B1 = "Art" A2 = "You" and B2 = "Joe" I tried all different kinds of =VLOOKUP with different functions, and I can't figure t out, of course I assume its possble to even use VLOOKUP ...

Stacked Column Charts help!
I have a stacked column chart for some accounts I have and I'm trying to add a YTD total at the end. I have 7 different accounts that are stacked going from jan to dec, and then the last column on the right is YTD. I added the YTD by adding a column in my data with the sums of the monthly data, but the YTD column is now making it hard to read my monthly data because the axis is larger. I tried adding a secondary axis, but that changes the whole data series, not just the YTD data points. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. ...

Compatibility Mode error w/ Defined Names
I can't quite figure why I'm getting this error. I have two workbook templates called 'Budgets' and 'Accounts'. 'Budgets' has worksheets: 'Lists' and 'Budget Template'. Accounts has WS: 'Lists' and 'Account Template' I have a macro in 'Accounts' WB that checks if 'Lists' in Budget WB is newer and if so, deletes 'Lists' and copies 'Lists' from the 'Budget' workbook. The hitch is that when I save the file after the copy I get the following: ------------------------ Compatibility ...

Question on LABEL Range
In a LABEL Range(say that it has 12 elements row-wise), how do one refer to the 4th elements? I have this ideas that in a worksheet, I have 12 rows single column LABELED range called MONTHS, where 1st elements is JAN(that is C6), and so on, and last element would be DEC(C17). How do I get the 4th element which will be APR, and put that value in the different cell using the LABEL reference instead of the absolute cell location(C9)? Thanks I am not sure I understand your question? You refer to the labels with their names, so if you want to sum the April row you use =SUM(Apr) Otherwis...

Five columns of data into a two bar chart
Hello, I could really use some charting help. Here's my data and what I'm trying to do. Cells A1:D1 contain sales for regions North,South,East,West and cell E1 is a total budget. What I'd like to do is have a two bar chart. Bar 1 would be a stacked bar that would be the sum of A1:D1 but each cell (or region N,S,E,W) would be a different color. Bar 2 would be cell E1 for the total budget. For example, my chart for this data would have bar 1 with a total of 27 (5+10+8+4) but in 4 separate colors and then bar 2 would merely be the total budget. Cells: A1: 5 B1: 10 C1: ...