Series lines - can someone help?

Hello everyone,
I have created a chart in Excel ('03), with three series lines. At this
stage the data range for the chart is not complete, so there are some 0
values. Thus, the series lines drop down to 0 on the right hand side of the
chart.

Is it possible to have the series lines stop after the values which are > 0?
Then, when the correct data is added into the chart, replacing the 0 values,
the series lines would continue.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

You can set up dynamic ranges for the data, which are based on the
number of values > 0. Here is some help:

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/dynamic-charts/

There are lots of links to similar examples at the end of that page.

It might be better to have your formulas return something other than
zero if the cells they link to are blank. Something like this:

=IF(A1="",NA(),A1)

will put #N/A into a cell if A1 is blank. Looks strange, but it is not
plotted in a line or XY chart. In some cases, this approach is all you
need, without the dynamic range names of the approach in the page I
cited above.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

A little stuck wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I have created a chart in Excel ('03), with three series lines. At this
> stage the data range for the chart is not complete, so there are some 0
> values. Thus, the series lines drop down to 0 on the right hand side of the
> chart.
>
> Is it possible to have the series lines stop after the values which are > 0?
> Then, when the correct data is added into the chart, replacing the 0 values,
> the series lines would continue.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
0
jonNO1 (306)

OE Lost Mail Messages - folders still there
Help - I've lost all my mail folders! I started Outlook Express this morning and all my folders are missing from the inbox (500+ messages in a few dozen folders.) The only folders showing up are the sent and deleted items. However, if I go into look at the actual disk/folder where the mail is stored, I can see that all the folders are really still there and the messages are in there. It looks like some sort of "index" has been lost. Is there some way to get them back? I don't care how convoluted the solution might be but I really need these messages back. Thanks, ...

edit subject line of email

ON-LINE FORMS
I created a form that employees can complete on-line from an e-mail. When they are finished, they can e-mail it back. I have been working on this for over a week, but am having some real problems. The check boxes work, but I can't tab to the next box. Also, when I tab in the text boxes, it tabs within the field, but I can't get it to tab to the next field. If someone can explain, in simple terms, what I need to do, I would greatly appreciate it. I have exhausted myself looking on the internet trying to find the solution. I was very happy to find this forum. Thank you!!! ...

Formula Help Please #6
Code ------------------- $31,845 *$16,304* $69,293 $69,858 $227,327 $229,454 $97,252 $94,231 $57,298 $57,097 2.338 *2.435 * *16103* 1428 ------------------- When you change the 2.435 value above, it changes the value of th 16103 cell. I want to change the value in the 2.435 cell until th value in the 16103 cell is closest to the 16304 cell value. This may o may not require macros but can anyone please tack a wack at it and se if you can find a solution. Thanks -- goodpastur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- goodpasture's Profile: ...

last line of paragraph, greater spacing
I am having the same problem. I can usually fix it by using the foramt brush and grabbing format from another paragraph, but that's not working this time. It's a 12-page booklet, just this one paragraph has gone rogue. It was okay until I moved it...my line spacing is .95, so I don't want to align to the baseline guides...I did try that, and it skipped one baseline, leaving it blank, keeping the last line spaced away from the preceding part of the paragraph. I have 2007 at the office, 2003 at home. Can't remember having this problem at the office. Did an update one week ag...

Moving data series horizontally (offset) to prevent overlapping
Hi, I could use some help with my Line with Markers -chart. My four different series overlap each other a little, which isn't that much of a problem until I add error bars, which are almost impossible to format so that you can know for sure which error bars belong to which data series. Is it possible to move a data series (including its error bars) right or left just a few pixels so the error bars are distinguishable from each other? I've seen this done in some published charts, but can't find a way to do it. Using google I found an example of what I need: http://www.emera...

Labeling contour lines in surface plots?
Hello, I have plotted the contour lines illustrating the combinations of various reinforcing bars necessary to achieve a desired steel area. The contour plot looks great, and it's fairly clear. However, I'd like to label the isolines (i.e., As = 1 in2), and have not been able to figure out how to do this yet. I've adjusted the chart style to show the lines (as well as the x- and y- axis gridlines), but I cannot figure out how to label the lines. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! ...

Help with excel 2007 chart
Hey, this seems fairly simple but is stumping me. I have a table with static data that shows my budgetary costs per month for the last 2 years. The row labels in my table are the categories (mortgage, insurance, power, gas, phone, etc.) and the column labels are each month for 2007 and 2008. What I want to do is create a chart that will graph the data (line chart) for each category over the last two years. I would like to choose what category to display on the chart so they're not all on the chart at the same time. I have tried a Pivot Chart, but it's just not displaying the data corre...

Please help with Conditional Formatting
Hi all, I am trying to get a cell to change color when: D5 contains "/" in the form of for example: CM/F/CM or C/C I tried different variations of: Formula Is------------------$D$5= "*/*" but it does not work, any ideas? Thanks for nay help, Emilio Hi! Try this: Formula Is: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("/",A1)) Biff >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >I am trying to get a cell to change color when: > D5 contains "/" in the form of for example: > >CM/F/CM or C/C > >I tried different variations of: > >Formula Is...

Help with moving a multi-row record
Hi, I have a singel excel column that has names addresses and phone numbers. I need to move the records to a single row each. name address phone needs to be name, address, phone numbers. can this be done in a macro? can you help.. Ihave 4000 records to move to a csv file from the original format. Thanks... Andrew There are a couple of ways of doing this. 1) You could write a macro. 2) If you want to do this without a macro,then a) Assume that the data is in column A b) Assume that there is a blank line between each block In C1 - E1 put in the headings (Name, Address, Phone) In C...

4-same-lines-in-one-graph
I-have-one-graph-with-4-variables.The-values-of-the-variables-are-almost-similar.So-the-graph-with-X-axis-the-days-for-1-year-shows-4-same-lines,the-one-up-to-other.What-can-I-do-so-as-to-plot-the-values-and-and-show-the-lines-differently? Thank-you-gor-any-information NR On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:56:12 -0800, NIKOREG = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I-have-one-graph-with-4-variables.The-values-of-the-variables-are-almo= st-similar.So-the-graph-with-X-axis-the-days-for-1-year-shows-4-same-lin= es,the-one-up-to-other.What-can-I-do-so-as-to-plot-the-values-and-and-sh= ow...

Need help with SMTP connector please!!!
I'm doing a Exchange 2000/2003 install and having trouble getting the connectors up properly. Basically, it's 2 physical locations with a dedicated line between them. Each location has an exchange server from the same organization. They are configured in seperate routing groups with a Routing group connector passing information between them. When I try to set up a SMTP connector for outgoing email, the RGC's stop sending and it's driving me batty. I need some help from someone who can work with me via email, IMS, or telephone this evening to help me get the configuratio...

chart with two data series and two colors for each data series
Hi! I am using visual studio.net 2.0 and trying to use OWC11 to draw a chart from the database. If its only one data series it is fine but i cant see the second data series. all i was trying to do was display actual and budgeted against year. below are the code for clarification gvPortfolioHisex.DataSource = dtPropertyCapex gvPortfolioHisex.DataBind() 'Now Build a graph from the dataset Dim oChartSpace As New Owc11.ChartSpaceClass() Dim objChart As Owc11.ChChart = oChartSpace.Charts.Add(0) objChart.HasTitle = True objChart.Title.Caption = "Historical Expenditure Graph&quo...

Series colors
I cant find the syntax to specify the color of each series in a line chart. Can someone help? Thanks. I get as far asWorksheets("mysheet").Chart(1).SeriesCollection(n) ... Hi Dan, Try something like this, Worksheets("Sheet1").chartobjects(1) _ .chart.SeriesCollection(1).Border.ColorIndex = 4 Dan Sully wrote: > I cant find the syntax to specify the color of each series in a line chart. > Can someone help? Thanks. > > I get as far asWorksheets("mysheet").Chart(1).SeriesCollection(n) ... > > -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info...

Line of Credit Account #2
This is driving me nuts. What is the best way to set up a Line of Credit (LOC) account? It is actually a $500 LOC account for my checking account for when my checking account dips below $0. Both the checking account and LOC accounts import separately into Money from my bank. Should I set up the LOC as an account, a liability, or as "other". I tried them but keep getting confused because depending on whether the LOC automatically deposited money into my checking account or I transferred money from my checking account to pay off my LOC, it will say either "From" o...

HELP MENU
When I have the help index opened on the right side of the excel spreadsheet..., it CLOSES when I type onto my spreadsheet. HOW DO I KEEP THE HELP MENU OPENED and NOT MINIMIZED, when I am typing onto my spreadshet??? thanks, flkulchar ...

Financial series vs Sales Series
This may or may not be an unusual question, but when I have to do something in GP 9.0 like a utility and it tells me that everyone 'has to be out of the system to do so', does this include anyone who is doing something 'strictly with the financials?' I had told my employer one day that he would have to get out of the system so I could take care of what he requested that I take care of and he said he wasn't doing anything with sales or inventory, just working on the 'financial side' and he shouldn't have to get out. Because of my instance that it would o...

Outlook 2000 SR1 slow with Exchange 5.5 -- Help?
Dear Group- I have a critical user (!) who has seen his Outlook 2000 (SR1) get appreciably 'laggy' in the past couple of months. Opening calendar items or emails takes a couple seconds. Server is Exch 5.5 SP4 with 1gb ram on a PIII 800, 10k RPM Raid5 array. Problem is local to his PC -- opening his account from another station is AOK. Ping times and file transfers from his PC to any network server is nominal for our switched 100mbit ethernet. This is the second occurrence. To clear it last time, I rebuilt his PC from bare metal. This fixed it for a couple months, but the lag ha...

double line format button only formats single line when added to .
When adding a double line format button to my Toolbar using the Customize, Categories Box, Command Box and then dragging the double line format button to my Toolbar, I only get a single line format when using this button. It's a bug. There's a workaround in the following thread. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3C59F286.DB7C606A%40msn.com AlwaysLearning wrote: > When adding a double line format button to my Toolbar using the Customize, > Categories Box, Command Box and then dragging the double line format button > to my Toolbar, I only get a single line format wh...

Graph Line Width ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007. Dumb question, but I just can't seem to get it to work. Have a chart with a line graph. Guess it's called a Scatter Graph. Bunch of points, with lines connecting the points; the typical kind of thing. Looks fine, but I want to make the lines connecting all the data points "thinner". After clicking on the line graph (which I guess selects it) I right-click with the mouse and go to Format Data Points, but this doesn't seem to do anything for the entire line. How can I easily change the line width for the entire graph ? Thanks, Bob On Apr...

Novice at formulas needs help
Please remember...I'm a novice at EXCEL...self-taught...I want to write a formula that will convert what is in one column to another column based on info in yet another column.... If D=1 and K=B then L=NH...another example... If D=7 through 12(as in grade in school) and K=D then L=IH --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi use the IF formula. E.g. if your target cell is C1 enter the follwoing =IF(A1="D",B1,"no value") this will enter the value of B1 in C1 if A1 is "D" have a look at the Excel helpfile for the IF formula Frank =IF(AND(D1...

CRM and SBS 2003
I cannot log into CRM. I have SBS 2003 installed and working great. I followed the directions in Chapter 15 of the IG for the CRM. The message that I get is: User Access Error The system could not log you on. This could be because: you are not a Microsoft CRM user, or ... I have followed everything and double-checked everything (or have I). Please help... Ok, do you have to absolutly use SBS 2003? it is very finicky when it comes to installation, and it tends to complain if you changes things after you intall.. recomenda >-----Original Message----- >I cannot log into CRM...

Passport Email address HELP!
I've been using Money for years. Recently I've changed my passport account email address because the old one will no longer be available to me in the near future. When starting Money, I entered the new email address and password and Money allows me to log in. However, the issue is, the next time I start Money, the old email address is back in there and I must enter the new email address every time I start Money. How can I change the Sign-in name to same the correct email address? Pete McKenney Try removing the passport association first (sign in with the old address, then remo...

help please!!
for some reason after i press publish to web, it shows a window and i click browse microsoft office online for a web host service. Then it says a world wide web browser is need for this feature. I have ineternet explorer. How can i fix this? ...

Autofill a series from the name box?
If I want to autofill a series of values from 1 to 10, using the autofill handle is the easiest way to do it. But if I want to autofill 1 to 1000, that's a bit more tedious with the autofill handle. Is it possible to do it from the name box? I've been told it can be done but I can't figure it out. Help doesn't tell you and I've checked several books and references, but they all talk about using the fill handle only. You can use the name box to select the range you're interested in and fill a series. Suppose you want to fill A1:A10 with the sequential number...