Selecting and moving chart(s) within a worksheet using keyboard ke

Hi all,

I have created some charts in a worksheet. I would like to be able to do the
following if possible:

1. I have selected a chart (by clicking on the chart and handles appeared
around the perimeter of the chart). What I would like to do is to be able to
select the chart using keyboard short-cut and to move the chart around the
worksheet also using keyboard keys rather than the mouse. At the moment I can
only move it (a single chart) using the mouse. However strangely enough, if I
select two or more charts (Shift+ Lt.Click) I am able to then use the arrow
keys to move the chart.

2. I want to be able to extend the above so that I can select multiple
charts just by using keyboards.

Thank you all for your help and advice.

jes
0
xppuser (10)

I forgot to say that I am using Office 2003 SP1 and Wxp Pro SP2.

jes

"xppuser" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have created some charts in a worksheet. I would like to be able to do the
> following if possible:
>
> 1. I have selected a chart (by clicking on the chart and handles appeared
> around the perimeter of the chart). What I would like to do is to be able to
> select the chart using keyboard short-cut and to move the chart around the
> worksheet also using keyboard keys rather than the mouse. At the moment I can
> only move it (a single chart) using the mouse. However strangely enough, if I
> select two or more charts (Shift+ Lt.Click) I am able to then use the arrow
> keys to move the chart.
>
> 2. I want to be able to extend the above so that I can select multiple
> charts just by using keyboards.
>
> Thank you all for your help and advice.
>
> jes
0
xppuser (10)

grouping a chart in Access
I have a query that is 31 rows. I created a report that is grouped by Farm Name and House. The data shows correctly on each page for each Farm and House, but when I add a chart it gives me the data on the first page, but then gives me 30 pages of blank charts, till the next group. What did I miss? I am using Access 2010 beta. I expect the issue is with the section of the report containing the chart or the Link Master/Child properties of the chart control. -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "dstraub" <dstraub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Run report on multi selected records.

Excel 2007 and inverted charts
(sory for my language, I'm from Poland) Why Excel 2007 is doing inverted charts? For instant, please write in a1, b1, c1, d1 some text (a, b, c, d) and in next column (1, 2, 3, 4) and do chart. Excel do from 'd' to 'a', not from 'a' do 'd'. Why? Right click on the x-axis Open Format Axis and on the Axis Option tab experiment with "Categories in Reverse Order" best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "skuwka" <skuwka@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1181564334.992841.35080@p77g2000hsh...

move row data to columns
We had a problem with some test data and instead of test results being recorded in multiple rows 5 columns wide, all of the data was recorded in one row multiple columns wide. The data consists of 5 readings taken every second for a period of 2 hours. Each reading is in it's own cell (no cell contains more than one reading). Do you know of a way that I can move each set of readings (5 test results) into it's own 5 column wide row? i.e. currently shows in single row as: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 128, 128, 128, 128, 128, 234, 234, 234, 234, 234, etc. and I need in 5 column wide rows: 0, 0, 0, ...

orphaned mailbox's in Exchange 2003
For some reason I have about 9 mailbox's that have suddenly become orphaned because their user accounts have been deleted. I have used a utility in the past called killmail that allowed me to disconnect the mailbox's from the user accounts so that I could recreate an account and then reattach the new account to the old mailbox thus allowing the user to keep the mailbox with it's contents. Can anyone tell me how I can get the killmail utility so that I can do this? The same functionality of killmail was built into Exchange 2000 SP2 and beyond. Its called remove Exchange a...

Pie Chart Lables are scrambled
I have a Pie chart in excel that has it's data automatically updated from an external SQL data source. When the data is refreshed, the labels are moved all over the chart, and some are even moved out of the viewable area completely Does anyone know how to stop this happening I am trying this for the first time and am having the same problem. ...

Using Custom Views
Complete Excel noob here - If I've defined a custom view in one workbook, how can I apply it to another. It is not shown in the list. What I want to do: I have a workbook with columnar data similar to a check register. I have set up the formatting for display and print formatting, including headers & footers. This data is for a specific client but I want to save that formatting, both visual and print so that I can create new workbooks for other clients and apply the same formatting. I thought that by saving the custom view it would work but it is not seen outside of the workbo...

Report using Organization Chart from HierarchyID
Anyone with an example of creating an organization chart using HierarchyID? I have created the hierarchial nodes such as / /1/ /1/1/ /2/ /2/1/ /3/ Is there any way of generating an organization chart easily, where the root is /? search the web. good examples abound, especially from itzik ben-gan. SELECT hid, hid.ToString() AS path, lvl, empid, empname, salary FROM dbo.Employees ORDER BY hid; -- Kevin G. Boles Indicium Resources, Inc. SQL Server MVP kgboles a earthlink dt net "Gum" <gum@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:3B150CBE-D8...

serialization when using reflexion
Hello, My application needs to serialize a class, which was generated with xsd.exe from a XSD. It was working .NET 1.1 and it is working with .NET 2.0 very well. Now I need my assembly to be a plugin, and to be called by reflexion, but I get this Exception: Exception.Message: "There was an error generating the XML document." Exception.InnerException.Message: "Unable to cast object of type 'NMI.STARTi.EDI.Ingram.OrderRequest' to type 'NMI.STARTi.EDI.Ingram.OrderRequest'." The method I'm calling is static (I tried non-static as well) and the class ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

merging worksheets
Hello, I have 6 workbooks all with a single worksheet. I want to bring them together into a single workbook with 6 worksheets. I can do it via copy & paste, but is there a simpler way please ? I have excel 2007 Thanks K You might want to take a look at Ron's article here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc837974.aspx But for only 6 sheets, it might just be easier to copy each worksheet. You're choice. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "KRK" wrote: > Hello, > > I have 6 workbooks all wi...

how do I use Microsoft Ooutlook with Yahoo Mail
I use Microsoft Outlook. How do I use Yahoo Mail with the M/O. I do all it says and I still cannot get it to work. Debby Townsend wrote: > I use Microsoft Outlook. How do I use Yahoo Mail with the M/O. I do > all it says and I still cannot get it to work. Unless you have a paid account , or use yahoo UK then you can't. Thank you Gordon. I live in Totola, British Virgin Islands so will need to go into Cable and Wireless to find out what the ISP address is. But how come you can use Outlook Express with an account like Hotmail? Thanks again Debby "Gordon" wrote: &g...

How do I have stacked columns and a reg col. on same chart?
I have three variables - payroll expenses, vendor expenses, and management fees. I want payroll and vendor to be on top of eachother, and management to be next to them. Can anyone help? Please? "Kat" wrote: > I have three variables - payroll expenses, vendor expenses, and management > fees. I want payroll and vendor to be on top of eachother, and management to > be next to them. Can anyone help? Hi, Have a look at Jon's page which has a collection of links to examples of how to produce clustered stacked charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Clus...

Excel 2003 is missing Built-In Custom Chart Types in Chart Wizard
I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 and now all the built-in custom charts are missing from Excel! When creating a chart using the Chart Wizard, under the Custom Types tab, there is supposed to be a list of built-in charts, when the Built-In radio button is selected. Now, there are none. Does anyone know how to restore those built-in charts? I have tried reinstalling, and that does not work. Also, I could not find an option related to this using "Modify" in Add/Remove Programs. I have Macros that use those charts, and I also need those charts for certain rep...

Select contact then hangs

Nudging Text Boxes in a Chart
Has anyone found a way to "nudge" data labels in a PPT chart? I know I can move them by clicking and dragging but when I try to use the arrow keys (as I do for objects) the cursor tabs to other areas in the chart. And when clicking and dragging the labels they seem to snap to a grid and I have very limited control over them. Thanks for any insights!! -- Trisha H No one has to "find a way", there are already several standard ways to accomplish that. :o) Turn off the "Snap Objects to Grid" (in 2003 View, Grid and Guides) or in that same loca...

Selecting rows from various sheets

select text in Calendar

Combining Two Seperate Companies Window's Infrastructure
My company just did an acquisition and we are in a process of Integrating our networks. For discussion sake lets call Company A & Company B. For now, Company A has windows 2003 environment. It's in native mode. We have one forest for Company A which has an empty root domain. We have two child domains in this forest. One child domain is for corporate office network and other is for Our production network. We do have users and service accounts in both Domains and a two way trust relationship is built between both domains. We have a Exchange server 2003 (with Sp1) in corporate network d...

How to move Ex2k3 Sp1 between Admin Groups
All my Exchange 2003 servers have Sp1 applied. (we are still in Mixed Mode). How do I move a Exchange "003 server from an admin group with only itself and an Exchange 5.5 server init to another admin group with both Exchange 2003 & 5.5 servers in it ? 1) How do you actually do it ? 2) Should I remove the Exchange 5.5 Server first or remove it after the move ? Thank's Godfrey You cannot move servers between admin groups. You can move users between admin groups, though if: a) You're in Exchange native mode or b) You use the site consolidation tools in Exchange 2003 SP1...

Creating a worksheet from others (IF statement)
Hi Guys, I tried looking fort his answer and I think it is answered in parts of other questions but I cant get it together. Scenario: I have a file called invoices.xls which is a workbook of 12 monthly worksheets for the year. Each item in a monthly worksheet is a row that houses project information financials etc (project cost, outsourced cost, project name etc) We also have another file (wip.xls) where we double handle all of that information and cut and paste only those files that we are currently working on. I would like wip.xls to be automatically populated with certain cells f...

Bubble Chart Set up
I have the following data: Supplier, Brand, Retail Price, Volume I would like to chart it as follows: Suppliers across the bottom, with their respective brands above. The position on the Y axis should be determined by the retail price. Each brand would be a bubble. The size of the bubble should be determined by the brand's volume. I can not figure out how to get this chart done in Excel 2007. (I have also tried powerpoint) Any help would be appreciated. Regards John On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, jrfauteux@gmail.com said: >Suppliers across the bo...

Moving Exchange DB's to a new server (different name)
In a DR test, we moved SG's to a new server, different server name, same SG and MS name. MS mounts, can not connect to mailbox. Delete mailbox, create a new one, we can then connect. Delete this mailbox, reconnect to the original, and now we can connect. How can we accomplish this in bulk? In other words, after doing a system state restore of AD, then a system state of Exchange, restored MS file, mounted, etc. We were unable to connect to these mailboxes. I am assuming this is related to GUID's. Any thoughts? Users in AD specify a server by name. When you say that you move mailbo...