second axis

How can I use bar graphs for three different products with two axes becuase
of two different sets of info for each product and get the graphs to stop
plotting on top of each other? Please help!!
0
PA (98)

Jon Peltier has instructions for a column chart on two axes:

   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Initialize Second Dialog
Hello: I have a dialog application that I've created, and I can initialize a combo box on this dialog box before it is shown. I also have a menu in this dialog. A selection from this menu opens another dialog box... CMyOtherDialog otherDiag; otherDiag.DoModal(); However, when I try to initialize a combo box in the otherDiag through the constructor, it doesn't work. I can add a button in otherDiag and once the user clicks it, it will populate the combo box, but the constructor doesn't do it. Any ideas? Saul775 "Saul775" <Saul775@discussions.microsof...

second axis
How can I use bar graphs for three different products with two axes becuase of two different sets of info for each product and get the graphs to stop plotting on top of each other? Please help!! Jon Peltier has instructions for a column chart on two axes: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html carrie in pa wrote: > How can I use bar graphs for three different products with two axes becuase > of two different sets of info for each product and get the graphs to stop > plotting on top of each other? Please help!! -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips &...

convert number of seconds to date
I have an integer 1060128571 which is the number of seconds since 1/1/1970. The number evaluates to 6/08/2003 10:09:30 So my question is given the start date is always 1970 how do I calculate the end date e.g 6/08/2003 10:09:30. if I divide 1060128571/60/60/24 I can get the number of days etc. If anyone has an easy solutions,please send it on --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Gordon, 1/1/1970 12:00 AM equates to 25569. Divide the number of seconds by 86400 (number of seconds in a day). Subtract that from 25569 and format the cell as m/d/yyyy h:mm:ss AM/PM. Ba...

How do I add a second y-axis in an xy(Scatter) chart?
I would like to create a xy-scatter chart for a dataset with two different x-axis. I have one set of data, but I need to plot it against two axis, "concentration" and "dilution factor". The dilution (and therefore the concentration) is not linear, so a line chart will display the data "distorted" or "skewed". I tried the tip from bj (9/9/2005 4:44 AM PST, to the question "Line chart or scatter chart??") > there can be two x axis in a scatter chart. > first select one of the data series and <axis> select secondary > next i...

converting Minutes & Seconds into seconds
When my time is 10 minutes and 50 seconds how can I convert the time into seconds? Depends upon how the 10 mins 50 secs is entered. I have 00:10:50 in A1 In B1 enter =A1*86400 I have 10:50:00 in A1 In B1 I enter =A1*1440 Format as General.........returns 650 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:46:01 -0800, Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When my time is 10 minutes and 50 seconds how can I convert the time into >seconds? ...

Second window for second excel file
How to open second excel fine in seperate window Hi goto 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Windows in taskbar' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Murthy wrote: > How to open second excel fine in seperate window ...

y axis #3
Hi. I have read all of the posts regarding my question. I have a row of data that i wish to plot to a line graph - easy enough. Now I understand that Excel automatically sets the upper number a little higher than the largest value in the range, but how do I get Excel to do the same thing with the lowest number in the range - with no VBA please, if possible - and I already checked out the Peltier and other referenced web sites, but I can't seem to find what maybe should be an easy fix. I'm using Excel 2003. Any suggestions? Thank you Mark :) Well, you haven't posted ...

How can I display hundreths of seconds?
I'm trying to design a speadsheet to display lap times such as 1:26:329 (1 min, 26 secs etc) however I cannot sort the data in order from highest to lowest. I've been inputing the data as 1.26239. This s OK to sort frm Highest to Lowest but when you graph it there is a massiv gap beween 1.59960 (1.59.960) and 2.00765 (2.00.765) and there shouldn't be. I need Excel to recognize hundreths of seconds Please help D The way you're entering the data, you don't have seconds or fractions of seconds at all. You have minutes and (decimal) fractions of minutes. 1.59960, ...

How to add time in mini second
i don't know how to add time in mini second eg. 1min 20 sec 09 mini sec plus 30sec 04mini sec. First format A1 thru A3 as: Custom > hh:mm:ss.000 in A1 enter: 00:01:20.009 in A2 enter: 00:00:30.004 in A3 enter: =A1+A2 and you will see: 00:01:50.013 just remember to enter the leading hours and minutes, even if they are zero!! -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200838 "happythong" wrote: > i don't know how to add time in mini second > eg. 1min 20 sec 09 mini sec plus 30sec 04mini sec. ...

Access SQL Function to Convert Seconds to HH:MM
Hi: I have a number in seconds that I need to convert to an HH:MM string in Access SQL code. How to do? Thanks, Kayda I found this on an older forum: Format(Int([Field1]/3600),"00") & ":" & Format(Int(([Field1]- (Int([Field1]/3600)*3600))/60),"00") & ":" & Format((([Field1] Mod 60)),"00") and, that works, but I can't just remove the end bit (the "seconds" bit) as that won't round my minutes(and hours where applicable) i.e. 170 seconds =00:02:50 =00:02 using this formula =00:03 using proper rounding 3599...

Finding second largest, conditional value
In a spreadsheet I have two columns, one with prices for all items (Column D) and one with remarks (Column C). The rfemakrs can be emty or Sold. Now i want to find the second most expensive item sold. I have tried with =SUMPRODUCT((C2:C150="sold")*(D2:D150=LARGE(D2:D150,2))*(D2:D150)) any other combinations like this, but without luck. It always seems like i find the second most expensive price in the D-coumn, no matter if the item is sold or not. Any ideas Jan On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 04:55:34 -0700 (PDT), jkrons <jkr@knord.dk> wrote: >In a spreadsheet I have two columns,...

Prevent change to refs in second worksheet when drag cells in firs
I have a complex calendar in Excel. Each week, admins Ctrl-drag cells among different locations in the primary calendar worksheet. I have a second worksheet that needs to list those cell values in a fixed configuration, e.g. the value in Sheet1!A1 needs to always appear in the cell of Sheet2!G10. Sheet2!G10 contains the formula: “Sheet1!$A$1”. If the user drags Sheet1!A1 to Sheet1!A3, the formula in Sheet2!G10 gets automatically updated to “Sheet1!$A$3”. I have tried all combos of locking and protecting to prevent this updating. Is there a way to do this? Try referencing the other shee...

Second question converting seconds to hours
Thank you everyone for your help with my earlier issue. This might jus be a formatting problem, but I can't seem to figure this out. I' horrible working with time issues in excel. I have a raw number of 676953 in seconds and I need a formula t convert a number like this to 188:02:33. When I try formating wit hh:mm:ss it will only go to 24 hours and roll over. Does this make sense? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance. Chuc -- bagox ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bagoxc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

Y Axis #2
I have two questions regarding the 'y' axis - in a normal line graph Firstly, how do i get the 'y' axis to appear in the middle of the graph IE to cross the 'x' axis at (0,0) instead of currently (in my graph) (-10,0) Secondly how do i plot the line "X =2" which should just be a vertical line on the graph? I'm using Microsoft Excel 2007 any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi, Not able to test in xl2007 but from memory it should be the same as xl2003. For a line chart, select the x axis and open the format dialog. On the scale tab set Value (Y) axi...

Making Equal Spacing between --> X-Axis = Y-Axis, in a char
Hi, I'm trying to plot a simple x, y chart (using a scatter chart) and I can't figure out how to control the chart so that the X-axis spacing is equal to the Y-axis spacing. Excel (I'm using 2007) usually draws the chart so that the X-Axis is longer than the Y-Axis. And what I'd like is to have them be the same. Is there a setting (or work-around) somewhere that restricts, or links the spacing between these two Axis so that they plot on the same scale and distance? I'm trying to study and create a few cross sections for a Kayak Design and I can't afford t...

Outlooks checks mail second before first check finished

population pyramids using bar charts with a secondary axis
I have a problem that I had given up as unsolvable, but after recently learning about secondary axes, I've made encouraging progress. However, I'm stuck on the last step(s), and I'm hoping that someone will have some suggestions. My organization has been producing reports that contain population pyramids. In the past, all of their reports have been printed, so it didn't matter that in order to get the desired look, they had to use two charts slightly overlapping each other. However, we are getting to the point where we would like our charts to be available online for download....

Second MAX?
I've got a series of increasing numbers (dates, actually) in a row. I use =MAX to get the highest recorded date. Is there any way to get the second highest date? If it helps, it will always be in the cell to the immediate left of whichever cell qualifies to be the =MAX. A B C D E F 1 9-20-05 9-25-05 9-26-05 10-03-05 2 3 =MAX(A1:D1) should give me 10-03-05, right? is there any way to return '9-26-05' or the cell to the left of the MAX? Joe, try this, =LARGE(A1:D1,2) -- Paul B Always backup...

Quick help please! Converting seconds to hours and minutes.
I've done some reading, but can't find the same problem as mine exactly. cell A1 =463237 seconds. I want to display this as: hh:mm:ss, but not in 24 hour clock. Meaning, I want to see 128 hours:33 minutes: 32 seconds (not proper figures I know). The formula I am tyring to use is: =TEXT(C3/24,"h:mm:ss"), but it doesn't seem to work the way I want. Anybody??? How about: =TEXT(C3/24/60/60,"[h]:mm:ss") But I got: 128:40:37 presenting tomorrow wrote: > > I've done some reading, but can't find the same problem as mine exactly. > > ce...

How to get second signature line back on our cheques
Our cheques have two signature lines printed. After our recent upgrade to 9.0, one line has vanished. How do we get it back? are you using Mekorma's Micr? If so, go into the check configurator, and re-add the signature. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22B53C6B-32D9-44B4-9637-E18BB7220B9A@microsoft.com... > Our cheques have two signature lines printed. After our recent upgrade to > 9.0, one line has vanished. How do we get it back? Yes we are using Mekorma's Micr, How do I go into the check configurator? "Mike G&qu...

Y Axis Title is truncating
My Y Axis Title is truncating when it's embedded in my worksheet, BUT, it previews fine and prints fine. My issue is that I have to "paste link" each of my graphs into a Board presentation in Powerpoint and when I paste or paste-link the graph(s) into Powerpoint it truncates them there. The files come up FINE on other people's PCs. My IT department has updated Office's service pack AND re- installed Excel. They are baffled too. Sherry Sherry - This is a frustrating problem. Some people never have it, a few can't avoid it, and for some it comes and goes. I...

Change seconds in hours, minutes and seconds
Our telephone system records the total number of seconds used by a staff member. At the end of the day, I read the dial, convert the seconds into hours, minutes and seconds, record the answer into a spreadsheet. And then do the same for all 26 staff members. Is there any way that I can type the meter reading into a spreadsheet and then have the number of seconds automatically converted into HH:MM:SS? You need to divide the number of seconds by the number of seconds in a day, and format the cell for time. E.g., =A1/(60*60*24) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Soft...

Adding a second namespace declaration?
How do I add a second namespace declaration to the root element of a XmlDocument? I need to write a GPX document--GPX is a standard XML language for GPS data. I need to create a root element that looks like this: <gpx xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1" version="1.1" creator="ExpertGPS 2.4.2" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation=" http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1 http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd http://www.topografix.com/GPX/gpx_style/0/2 ht...

axis fields
When using a line or scatter chart, how can I change the field displayed on the x-axis to the y-axis and vice-verse? For example, let's say I want to plot (a) the price of hamburgers, vs. (b) the quantity of hamburgers purchased. If the chart wizard formats the chart so that the price is on the x-axis, how do I get the price to change to the y-axis? This is an unbelievably basic question which I cannot find addressed clearly in any MS help. It cannot possibly be this hard, can it??? To get the most out of your charts, you need to plan them before they're already made. This ...

Exchange 2003 adding hosting for a second domain name??
Greetings, Im looking how to add a second domain name (email1.com and @email2.com) support to my exchange. it looks like I just add another SMTP connection with the qualified name, (email2.com) but how can I make this or multiple domain names appear in the AD user setup options (default is "@email1.local"). I want to see the drop-down list fill with more domain names for usersetup. we will be hosting several domain names. in t he future and Im getting fustrated with 2003. Help!?? Question #17 at http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=questions&faqID=1001...