Scatterplots with different colors based on Type of Data

Is it possible to plot a scatterplot with different colors for 2 sets of data?

E.g  Type of Agreement                MRP             Discount%

        Limited                                  10                    5%
      UnLimited                                20                    10%

I want to show different colors for Limited & Unlimited.

Is it possible to plot scatterplots on both axis(Primary & Secondary)

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Satish

0
satish (18)

If I use this range to make a chart
Limited                                 	10                   	5%
Unlimited                               	20                   	10%
I get one data series with two points.
It is possible to format each point separately (click a point on chart,
pause, click point again) to have give them different colours.

If I use a range like this
Type      	10	             20
Limited	             5%	        <blank>
Unlimited	             <blank>  	10%
I get two data series (so different colours);  each data series has a single
point
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Satish" <Satish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to plot a scatterplot with different colors for 2 sets of
> data?
>
> E.g  Type of Agreement                MRP             Discount%
>
>        Limited                                  10                    5%
>      UnLimited                                20                    10%
>
> I want to show different colors for Limited & Unlimited.
>
> Is it possible to plot scatterplots on both axis(Primary & Secondary)
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Satish

0
bliengme (657)
8/31/2009 11:38:50 AM
Hi Bernard,

I have 2000 odd rows of data with "limited" "unlimited". How do I show a
different color for both data sets(all data points of each type). Its
possible to show different color for data labels in Minitab, but excel does
not allow to select the labels Limited & Unlimited.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Satish

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> If I use this range to make a chart
> Limited                                 	10                   	5%
> Unlimited                               	20                   	10%
> I get one data series with two points.
> It is possible to format each point separately (click a point on chart,
> pause, click point again) to have give them different colours.
>
> If I use a range like this
> Type      	10	             20
> Limited	             5%	        <blank>
> Unlimited	             <blank>  	10%
> I get two data series (so different colours);  each data series has a single
> point
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>

> "Satish" <Satish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to plot a scatterplot with different colors for 2 sets of
> > data?
> >
> > E.g  Type of Agreement                MRP             Discount%
> >
> >        Limited                                  10                    5%
> >      UnLimited                                20                    10%
> >
> > I want to show different colors for Limited & Unlimited.
> >
> > Is it possible to plot scatterplots on both axis(Primary & Secondary)
> >
> > Please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Satish

0
satish (18)

scatterplot
i need guidence for plotting scatterplot between area and number of species. ...

Calculated Item overrides "Show Items with no data" checkbox
I've seen this question asked before, but I haven't seen an adequate answer, so I figured I'd try to ask it again to see if there are any fresh ideas on it: Take an example where you've got raw data of orders that contains the following fields Region City Product Total Sales $ You create a pivot table With Region & City as the Row Fields, Product as the Column Field and Total Sales $ as the data. This works fine. Now if you try to add a calculated item, say the difference in sales of Product A and Product B, the whole pivot blows up and you get every city appearing in ...

Time difference #4
Hi This might be simple, but please help. I have a number of events, and want a time associated with each. Th last event has a final time. The previous events have a time gap. want those events to have a time which is the previous time minues th time gap. I think I need something like '=a20-d19', and copied t previous cells as '=a19-d18' and so on. What do you think ? Thanks Rober -- RobertLee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2658 View this threa...

Hiding fields based on security privileges
Is it possible to hide a field/tab based on a user's security privileges? I know how to do basic field/tab hiding, but how can check for the user's privileges? Presumably, there is a GUID for each security role, so I am just wondering what the code is for this. Cheers There is no published code for this. C360 have a field security addon or you will need to go researching to build the code. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "WiLLerZ" <willerz69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1162163816.765962.160960...

What are the different types of messages are available in VC++/MFC
Hai, What are the different types of messages are available in VC++/MFC Thank you Bye. All types. Tom "jagadeesh" <jagadeeshbabu.mca@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142595959.289754.229100@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hai, > > What are the different types of messages are available in VC++/MFC > > > > Thank you > > Bye. > ...

Income differences while creating a Budget
I am new to MS Money 2005. I am trying to create a Budget. I input my monthly income, click Done and in the Budget Summary page, it has my income less than what I input. This is probably a simple question, but I can not for the life of me figure it out. Thank you for any help you can give me. Rhonda ...

what is 'too many different cell formats' reply?
Tommy Read this KB article On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:29:01 -0800, "tommy" <tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Check these out: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 http://www.vbapro.com/xl_formats.htm tj "tommy" wrote: > I think Gord meant to include this article link: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213904 Gord Dibben wrote: > Tommy > > Read this KB article > > > > On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:29:01 -0800, "tommy" <tommy@discussions...

Appending Pairs of Column Data!
Hi Everyone, Say I have pairs of columns as follows: A B C D E F Mrr1 acf2 Mrr1 WPP1 acf1 WPP1 Mrr1 WPP2 acf2 WPP1 acf3 WPP1 acf1 WPP2 acf2 WPP2 acf3 WPP2 Contents are dynamic in length, and I want in a separate sheet to create single pair of columns where contents of all contents above are appended! Is there a smart way to do so? Thanks, Mike ...

What's the difference?
What is the difference between setting permissions on the Calendar, Inbox, etc. and making someone a delegate? It seems like setting Author or Editor permissions is the same as making someone a delegate. What am I missing? Thanks, Debbie A delegate also has rights to send mail on behalf of other other user. "DebbieG" wrote: > What is the difference between setting permissions on the Calendar, Inbox, > etc. and making someone a delegate? > > It seems like setting Author or Editor permissions is the same as making > someone a delegate. > > What am I missin...

Access unwanted automatic data entry
when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to the next field, it often enters a number in that field. Why does it do that nad how can I make it stop! Are entering data direcctly into Access table? If so, stop doing that, unless you only do it occasionally to repair data in database and you know database design and manage it. "Pat the biologist" <Pat the biologist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B724974-C937-4C5C-BDBA-1A086C0712A1@microsoft.com... > when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to...

3d scatterplot?
Is it possible to have Excel do a 3d scatterplot? I need to plot x-y-z data points, and Excel doesn't seem to be able to do that. My apologies for not seraching the threads first. I found AJP's site. Thank you. Aside from AJP's scatterplot rotation matrix trick, are there any add-ons for true 3d scatterplot functionality? Mike - I just did a google search on 'excel 3d scatter chart addin, and while the regular search results weren't too interesting, the list of sponsored links down the right edge of the page might help, if you're willing to buy a solution. - Jon...

How can I show different bar colors in the same chart?
I have 2 different data groups in the same month for a 3 month period. I want to show the same data groups for all three months in the same color. Example: I have an "in" total and an "out" total for Nov, Dec and January. I want to show all "ins" as blue and all "outs" as red. This would be for a bar chart. If I put the text "in" and "out" in B1 and C1 In A2:A4 I have month names : Nov, Dec and Jan In B2:B4 I have in values and in C2LC4 I have out vlaues Seelct A1:C4 and make a bar chart The Out data is red, the In data blue Can y...

Basing One Combo Box on Another
I have 2 combo boxes. Categories: A B C D ALL Jobs 1 2 3 I figured out how to make only the jobs associated with a specific category come up. Now I need to add to show all the jobs when I select category D. All JObs. I see how each job is connected to each category thru its own category code, but if I add another category code for "All Jobs" I will have to add that to the existing codes that are all ready pulling the correct jobs. Basically, If I select category D - I want to see all the jobs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Yula One approach to this would ...

Userform to be referenced by different VBA Project?
How can userform in Project_Accounting be also referrence in Dynamics_GP or vice versa? thks. Hello HFLo, Open the Dynamics Go in VBA click Tools --> Reference --> Mark SmartList as reference to your current Dynamics GP With this you can refer any Project Accounting Form under dynamics. But VBA In Dynamics dosen't support Circular Reference. for Ex: You can have reference from Dynamics to Project Accounting. But again you cannot goto Project Accounting VBA and give the Reference to Dynamics VBA (this is not supported) Hope this helps Akram. "HFLo" wrote: &...

Rearranging data on a stacked column chart
I use a stacked column chart to show the total number of hours worked each week per project. Because we are managing many projects that only require 2-4 hours of work per week, they do not show up very well on the stacked column chart. I would like to take the projects with 5 hours or less and combine them into one entry in each column to make it easier to read. Can this be done??? Anything can be done. The trick is doing it with a minimum of pain. This way takes a few minutes, but works nicely. I think I would make a duplicate range of data, linked to the main set with formulas. sa...

Rate Type ID missing error on Journal generated from PM MC apply/v
on a few occassions, the journal entry generated from PM MC Apply or Voiding (of MC trx) shows error: The Rate Type ID is missing. The exchange table ID is mssing. we have to manually 'fix' the trx via SQL script. anybody know what's the cause? thks in advance. HFlo, I know this to be an issue with GP 9 and 8, so hopefully you are on anyone of those two releases. This problem occurs because more than one multicurrency rate type is selected for an exchange table ID. 1. Go to Tools > Setup > Financial > Rate Types. 2. In the Select Multicurrency Rate Types window,...

checking data before accepting input
Hi, I want to use Input Box's to enter data to cells C2:C, D2;D and E2:E row by row for Sheet1. But I need to check if the info I input for cells (C2:C AND D2:D both) does not exist in the region of B4:AY14 on Sheet2 (where the rows represents info similar to C2:C and columns represent info similar to D2:D on Sheet1) !. Hope I summerized it correctly. How can I do it?. (With and without VBA) TIA J_J Hi, Sorry about my mistakes in the previous post. I think I wasn't very sucessful giving a clear view of my problem. Here is a much clearer description of my excel problem... --------...

having two different versions of office on same computer
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I currently have office 2004 installed on my computer. I would like to upgrade to 2008 but I need the macros in Excel. Excel in 2008 has disable these macros. So is it possible to install office 2008 but also keep at least Excel from 2004 in order to run these macros? On 10/15/09 4:47 PM, in article 59b7eaa5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "jerryny@officeformac.com" <jerryny@officeformac.com> wrote: > I currently have office 2004 installed on my computer. I would like to upgrade > to 2008 but I need ...

How do I fix error " 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA"
How do I fix this please ? Doesa anyone have a down load ? CliveHyman, you wrote on Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:54:02 -0700: > How do I fix this please ? http://tinyurl.com/je666 -- Best Regards Christian Goeller ...

Help with laying out data for a chart
Excel 2003 Hello, I am trying to lay out my data for a chart but am not able to get the desired results. I would like to be able to list minimum and maximum salaries for various positions in my company and to be able to chart this information so the chart shows the minimum and maximum salaries by position. As an example, I have laid out my data in the following format: Cell B1: Minimum, Cell C1: Maximum, Cell A2: Admin Asst, Cell B2: $25,000, Cell C2: $35,000, Cell A3: Manager, Cell B3: $44,000, Cell C3: $59,000 My goal is to create a chart that shows the position name on the left si...

Filter pull down icon color
Hi Reader When change to Using LCD monitor, the pull down filter icon blue color as same as black color in LCD monitor. Is it possible to check pull down color to other color value ? moonhkt There's no way to change the drop down arrow's colour. You could use programming to change the colour of the heading cell if a column is filtered. There are sample files here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Filters, look for 'FL0022 - FilterClick Colour' or 'FL0014 - Colour Filter Headings' moonhkt wrote: > Hi Reader > When change t...

Connecting an exchange server 5.5 to exchange 2003 with x.400 (Different Organization)
Hi all, I need very explicy information to create an x.400 connection between exchange 5.5 and exchange 2003, also I need to replicate both site. At this time, I created an x.400 connection on both site, all e-mail are stock in the x.400 in the exchange 2003 even e-mail which should be sent to Internet. Thank You. Bye. did you follow this? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/169159/en-us have you checked your connectivity? you should be seeing some errors in your application logs...anything helpful? "Javier" <JBisono@tricom.com.do> wrote in message news:O0kYTqUaGHA.3...

printing support, CFormView base class
I have created MFC .exe projects with VS6 that are SDI and use CFormView as the base class. In VS6 I specify printing support and I have used it successfully. However when I create a project with the same attributes using VS.NET 2003, I get a message when I finalize my choices that says that printing is not supported because CFormView is the base class. Why is the VS.NET project wizard giving me less capability than I can get with the VS6 project wizard? Well, sort of. The built in calls to printing really didn't do anything for Form Views in 6.0 and I think they were just trying t...

CRM Different Environments
How are defined the different environment for Microsoft CRM projects? I have a customer that wants 3 environments: Development, Pre-production and production. Do we need 3 full installations of CRM + Exchange + Database + ...? How is this usually done? Thanks, Manuel ...

Different source transaction values in same batch?
We ran into a strange situation today....here are the pertinent facts: 1. A Receiving batch containing 37 different shipment transactions was posted. 2. Transactions 1-32 have the following: TRXSORCE = GLTRX00037046 ORGNTSRC = RECVG00001854 ORTRXSRC = RECVG00001854 3. Transactions 33-37 have the following: TRXSORCE = GLTRX00037047 ORGNTSRC = GLTRX037046 ORTRXSRC = GLTRX037046 We were wondering why transactions 33-37 would have different values in the listed fields? It certainly is making it difficult for us to reconcile our inventory accounts. The o...