Scatterplot with a best-fit line

How do i create one scatterplot with three separate data sets and a best-fit
line to go with each set?
0
neally (2)

Make an XY chart with the first set of X-Y values. Copy the second set of
X-Y values, select the chart and use Edit menu > Paste Special, and add the
data as a new series, categories in first column (row). Repeat for the third
set of X-Y values. Add the trendline to each series by selecting the series,
right clicking, and choosing Add Trendline.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"neally" <neally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do i create one scatterplot with three separate data sets and a
> best-fit
> line to go with each set?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Choose best values in a list
How can I select the top x number of values in a range of numerical data? For example a row contains 2,5,10,4,20,10 and I want to know the 4 highest values (20, 10, 10 and 5 in this example). Alternatively, is it possible to sort letters in one cell in alphabetical order? Eg cell contains EBACDABE to be sorted as AABBCDEE... --If you have the numbers 2,5,10,4,20,10 in cell A1:F1 try the below formula and copy down to 4 cells to return the best values... =LARGE($A$1:$F$1,ROW(A1)) --You will need to write a user defined function to sort individual characters of that cell... ...

Stripping a line #5
Thanx alot that works great -- insan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- insane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1574 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27258 ...

How do I remove lines from a Pivot Table in Excel?
I have a PivotTable in Excel that I'm using to generate charts from a large data set. It is currently set up as a line chart, with data points from similar categories connected between x-values. But since my I'm trying to plot variables on the x-axis, rather than a scale, I do not want the lines to appear whenever I re-generate the chart with a different set of variables. If I remove the lines from the chart, every time I generate a change, the lines come back. Is there any way to change the default setting that forms the line chart every time I change the variables and re-f...

scatterplot
i need guidence for plotting scatterplot between area and number of species. ...

Defy Watch, Best Wristwatch
Defy Watch, Best Wristwatch Best Watches World: http://www.watches-world.net/ Zenith Watches World: http://www.watches-world.net/Zenith.html Zenith Defy Watch : http://www.watches-world.net/Defy.html Founded in 1865 by its fastidious owner, Zenith, as its name connotes, represented the pinnacle of watchmaking perfection. Georges Favre- Jacot and his company was one of only a few watchmakers that manufactured complete watches. Morever, he produced these watches using up-to-date machinery and tools that he built himself. Zenith has garnered more than 1,500 international watchmaking awards and c...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

3d scatterplot?
Is it possible to have Excel do a 3d scatterplot? I need to plot x-y-z data points, and Excel doesn't seem to be able to do that. My apologies for not seraching the threads first. I found AJP's site. Thank you. Aside from AJP's scatterplot rotation matrix trick, are there any add-ons for true 3d scatterplot functionality? Mike - I just did a google search on 'excel 3d scatter chart addin, and while the regular search results weren't too interesting, the list of sponsored links down the right edge of the page might help, if you're willing to buy a solution. - Jon...

How can I best find Exchange consultants around the country?
Hello, Can anyone please identify any web sites that publish lists of Exchange consultants around the United States? I am hoping to use such lists to occasionally hire local Exchange consultants for brief stints diagnosing and correcting Exchange performance problems reported by my customers. Thanks. Jim On 15 Feb 2005 11:47:19 -0800, jfathman@aol.com wrote: >Hello, > >Can anyone please identify any web sites that publish lists of Exchange >consultants around the United States? > >I am hoping to use such lists to occasionally hire local Exchange >consultants for bri...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

output to the same line in a Text file?
hi there How do I output to the same position in a Text file everytime? I want to dump data for a given Date so I'd like to put it in the same row for that Date everytime, and so overwrite the existing data in that row? I'm using the following command: Write #3, logfactor(dateline, 1), logfactor(dateline, 2), logfactor(dateline, 3) 'where dateline is today's date in Excel date code e.g. 40010 I want to be able to overwrite the existing data for line 40010 in my text file, and replace it with new data. Hope that it clear!!!! thank you Bernard. If, a...

FWD and RE: When I Change Subject Line, Message Body Disappears
Outlook 2000 on Exchange 2000. I have a co-worker (tries so hard to be a power user and seems to find all the bugs!) that likes to change the subject lines of his replies and forwards. When he does this, the message he typed for the reply or forward disappears. The rest of the message is still intact. Does this have to do with Exchange Server and the fact he has an OST file and Exchange loses sync with the message? Is there another issue that causes this? Thanks! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly ...

How to export a particular line in the body of the mail to excel?
I receive auto mails from a system, whereas the body of the mail contains the email id of some people. the 5th line in the mail contains email address and i need those email addresses to reflect in the filed or download the 5th line in an excel format. I use Outlook 2007. I receive 500 mails everyday and have to give the report, which takes lots of time in opening the mail & copy paste in excel. See the ItemAdd event of the Items collection. In that event read the Body property of the email. I'd probably use the Split function, and split the content by vbCRLF, whi...

What's the best way to...
Hi. I think this is possible, but I don't know how to go about it or where exactly to look. I have a multi-worksheet workbook that is around 2.4 mb in size. The user inputs a relatively small amount of information on a few of the worksheets. The rest of the worksheets hold fixed data used for performing various calculations or building reports. For each separate use, the user is performing a 'Save As'. I have one user who is creating up to 20 of these files each day which is really filling up their hard-drive. I'd like to have a solution to this problem and I'...

Creating a table with very light lines
I am trying to use MS Word 2008 to create a table whose lines are very light. It would be used to print paper that one would use as lined paper on one side, and quadrille paper on the other side. I am having some difficulty printing the table with very fine lines. MS Word does not accept 0.25 points as the line thickness, nor does it seem to accept light grey as the line color. It says it accepted the changes (in Table Properties), but when I go back in, the settings have reverted back to thicker black lines. Can anyone suggest a way that I can accomplish what I want in MS...

Scatterplot
Is it possible to do a scatterplot in Excel like in SPSS? -- JöBe Hi, You can do a scatter plot by using the xy-scatter chart type. Whether that's the same as spss I don't know. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Jörgen Bergman" <JrgenBergman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48E82412-BAF5-4817-ACD5-1124C0B2680D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to do a scatterplot in Excel like in SPSS? > -- > JöBe ...

Color of Quotation Line in Outlook 2007
Hello, I've set the font color for replying of forwarding an e-mail to black but the Quotation Line keeps its blue color. Anyone know how to set de color of the Quotation Line? Greetings Nees what is the quotation line? -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices "Laura" <nickyrooke48@comcast.net> schreef in bericht news:usf5EN$kHHA.4904@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > what is the quotation line? > > -- > Laura Rooke > MVP - Mobile Devices > > It's the vertical line left of the e-mail which you are replying or forwarding to. Depence on the setting...

creating scatterplots
I can't seem to get Excel to do what seems a very straightforward chart: a scatterplot. I've got three continuous variables: A, B, C. Ideally, what I 'd like to do is to construct a plot with two of the variables on the X and Y axes and to encode the symbol based on the value of the third. Barring that, I'd just like to construct three separate scatterplots: Var A by Var B, Var A by Var C, Var B by Var C. Shouldn't this be reasonably simple to do in a program like Excel? Thanks in advance, David On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:26:51 -0800, David Schwartz <drs58@msn.com> wr...

Best Way to Redirect Mail
I have several users who have email accounts in our domain and have business cards that reflect this. They also have accounts on an Exchange server on a different domain where they actually operate day to day (in another country). What is the best way of automaticall redirecting mail from our domain to theirs with the minimum administrative effort. I don't want to have to log into each of their accounts and configure out-of-office forwarding. There has to be a more secure and elegant way of doing this but I can't seem to find it. Can someone please take pity on me? OK, I think I ...

Two lines with a different x-series (please help)
I would greatly appriciate any help I could get on this I am trying two plot two different lines on the same chart line 1 Line 2 X axis Y axis X axis Y axi 0 1.32 0 1.3 8.83 21.22 12.5 23.5 I have no problem with the chart accepting the new Y values (as a different series) but as you probably know you can only have 1 catagory x label so my chart does not show the second line extending out to 12.5 it only extends to 8.83 on a different slope and stops. How do I get it to accept the addittional x value and still have to seperate lines? Thank yo Select the data for the second line Choo...

How do I convert a line chart to a vertical line chart in Excel
data: yr_2007 yr_2008 yr_2009 spring 20 75 35 summer 60 25 80 fall 55 40 100 x : year y: value of count want convet to: x: value of count y: year x If I understand you correctly, a XY Scatter chart would be the more appropriate chart. Even though it and the Line chart look similar, the former offers a numeric x axis. On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 20:09:01 -0700, Gerty <Gerty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > data: > yr_2007 yr_2008 yr_2009 >spring 20 75 35 >summer 60 25 80 >fall 55 40 100 > >x : year ...

Chart Default Line colours

Line Graph Data Recognition
I have an array (about 15 x 15) with years 1990-2003 along the top that is missing data in some years, i.e. one series begins at 1990 and goes to 2000 while other series begin in 1998 and goes to 2003. The array content is in number format to the first decimal place, e.g. 14.1. These values were originally created by a formula and were in ratio format, e.g. 0.141, but I converted them by multiplying them by 100 and then removed the fomula by the "copying and paste value" command. When line graphing the array using the ratio values, the image turns out as anticipated, i.e. th...

Getting Trend Line Info from Chart
Hi - I am creating a manpower report and updating learning curve charts for a decision making tool through VBA. The issue I am having is the trend line (Power) in the charts gives me the output I need but I cannot figure out how to pull the values I want into the spreadsheet. I have tried a couple of functions but have come up empty handed. The RSQ function is not multilinear. Does anyone know the formula for a power trend line? For example out of 100 samples I get the following info: y = 1.5326x0.0657 R2 = 0.5744 Thank you in advance for any asssistance. Carrie -- Message posted via Offi...