Scattergraph - how to create?

I'm trying to create a scattergraph in Excel 97.

I have the data (the results of tests) in 2 columns. For example:
A            B
      29.5
     29

      66.5
     37

      53.5

      35.5

The problem is that I don't know how to do it! I've tried searching through
Google but the answers I've found start at too complex a level for me. There
are references to the chart component but I can only find downloads for
2000. Do I need it and is it available for 97?

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Sue

0
noone2399 (20)

Hi Sue,
1)Select the data A1:B6 (hope there are no empty cells)
2)Click on the Chart Wizard (looks like a bar chart just next to Summation
tool on toolbar)
3)Select XY chart. Click Finish. But you may need to do some work on the
result
4) If possible, visit library and look for Microsoft Office BOOK - so much
better that trying to search Internet.

Best wishes
Bernard

"Sue" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to create a scattergraph in Excel 97.
>
> I have the data (the results of tests) in 2 columns. For example:
> A            B
>       29.5
>      29
>
>       66.5
>      37
>
>       53.5
>      35
>
>       46
>      29
>
>       35.5
>      29
>
>       32
>      23
>

> The problem is that I don't know how to do it! I've tried searching
through
> Google but the answers I've found start at too complex a level for me.
There
> are references to the chart component but I can only find downloads for
> 2000. Do I need it and is it available for 97?
>
> All help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Sue

0
bliengme (657)
8/21/2003 8:25:27 PM
I now feel really stupid! I'd done that and assumed it was wrong but having
hovered my cursor over the points I can see I'd got it right all the time!
Thanks a lot.

Sue

"Bernard V Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.ca> wrote in message
> Hi Sue,
> 1)Select the data A1:B6 (hope there are no empty cells)
> 2)Click on the Chart Wizard (looks like a bar chart just next to Summation
> tool on toolbar)
> 3)Select XY chart. Click Finish. But you may need to do some work on the
> result
> 4) If possible, visit library and look for Microsoft Office BOOK - so much
> better that trying to search Internet.
>
> Best wishes
> Bernard
>

> "Sue" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to create a scattergraph in Excel 97.
> >
> > I have the data (the results of tests) in 2 columns. For example:
> > A            B
> >       29.5
> >      29
> >
> >       66.5
> >      37
> >
> >       53.5
> >      35
> >
> >       46
> >      29
> >
> >       35.5
> >      29
> >
> >       32
> >      23
> >

> > The problem is that I don't know how to do it! I've tried searching
> through
> > Google but the answers I've found start at too complex a level for me.
> There
> > are references to the chart component but I can only find downloads for
> > 2000. Do I need it and is it available for 97?
> >
> > All help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Sue

0
noone2399 (20)

Create Excell Chart.
Can I create one chart with two different data rows using two different date time frames? Bob - I assume your problem is that your dates overlap but do not exactly coincide, and Excel wants to use the first set of dates for both series. Here's how to work around that problem. Make your time-scale line chart with the first set of data (dates and values). Copy the second set of data (dates and values), select the chart, choose Paste Special from the Edit menu, and choose New Series and Categories in first row/column. Select the new series, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and ...

How do I create a sign-up sheet?
I am using Microsoft Publisher 2003. I would like to create some sort of sign-up sheet including: name, phone #'s, email, address, ect. Use a table... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Hawk" <Hawk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0F7335B-9D2A-4131-A6C9-2B67E05E060C@microsoft.com... >I am using Microsoft Publisher 2003. I would like to create some sort of > sign-up sheet including: name, phone #'s, email, address, ect. Mary Sauer wrote: > Use a table... The exa...

How to create a filter to see sharing records
Hi, With standard view you can see My_Active or All_Active records. You can't assign a record to a team... How I can see all records that other users share with me? Seems I can't find anything in the filter related to Sharing... Simple example: Each sales (user) has individual contacts but also there are common contacts among them that they would like to see, share and update. How I can filter contacts assigned to me and shared with me? Thanks, Eugene ...

Create new Exchange Mailbox without creating a new AD-User
I'm running Win2003SBS SP1 with Exchange2003 SP2. I would like to create funtional exchange-mailboxes (info@..., service@...) without creating a new AD-User as owner of these mailboxes. Owner should be an already existing AD-User. Is this possible and how could this be done. Thanks. Andreas Andreas Lauer IT Service wrote: > I'm running Win2003SBS SP1 with Exchange2003 SP2. > I would like to create funtional exchange-mailboxes (info@..., service@...) > without creating a new AD-User as owner of these mailboxes. Owner should be > an already existing AD-User. > Is thi...

Help with creating a formula
Hello! I am trying to create a formula that will sum up certain criteria from one column as it relates to criteria in the same row in another column. For example, I want to sum up all the entries that begin with the letter "H" in column A as it relates to an entry of "2" from column B that is in the same row as the "H" entry from column A. COLUMN A COLUMN B H10 2 G01 2 H09 3 H15 2 H12 2 If there is such a formula...

Excel 2007 .xlk file
Can anyone tell me why Excel 2007 will sometimes create a backup file, on its own, with a .xlk extension? I've searched Excel help, the Internet, and MS's site, but can't find any info. I'm interested to know under what circumstances these files are created, because the behavior seems a bit random to me. Thanks Not random at all. A backup file is created when that option is set for the file in question. It is set on the file itself. See, Save As, Tools, General Options, Always create backup. Tony wrote: > Can anyone tell me why Excel 2007 will ...

Create Assembly Call
hi All, can the create assembly call under update entity be used to add a certain number of hours/days/months/years to a date. i am trying to do this workflow if variable 1 = yes then create a task update variable 1 sent = yes variable 1 date = execution time can i use the create assembly workflow to add x number of days to variable 1 date and show in variable 2 date. any advice would be helpful please. thanks heaps regards Ridhima If Variable 1 Date is a DateTime field in CRM, then yes. You can use the Add DateTime assembly to take the Value in the DateTime field (which would be t...

Tables being created by opening form
I'm using Access 2003 with a sql server back-end. One form I've designed, when opened, creates a local table called "Admin - 00", with the number incrementing each time the form is opened. I assume Admin is the username. The table has 1 column named "ODBC" of type memo. The table is filled with 302 rows of the following string: 01004 - 0 - [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation If I open the form into design mode directly, 2 tables with 151 rows of the above are created. The form itself is a 'single form' view with no recordset. ...

Creating charts with objects in excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am trying to put statistical information in bar charts created in Excel. I put asterisks in text boxes and draw lines below them to show which groups are being compared. The program does not seem to want to let me group them all, maybe there is a limit to how much you can group? So, to keep them from moving, I tried to save as a picture in a jpeg or png format but not all the lines and asterisks are showing up. I am finding this program extremely frustrating to use and hope I don't lose my mind before I finish my the...

create wmf in excel
Hi, hoping I can get some advise in producing a wmf file from an excel worksheet. The purpose is to import into powerpoint. cheers scott Unless you have an application capable of saving as .wmf (I use Illustrator), I think you will have to select the data and Shift+Edit>Copy picture, which I believe copies as a .bmp. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06f701c3b2fc$f9f3c0f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, hoping I can get some advise in producing a wmf file > from an excel...

Create Addin for Excel 2007 template
I have an Excel template that I already customized all the Ribbon's controls such as disabling SaveAs, Print, etc. I'm looking for a way that I can create and integrate an Addin into Excel such that whenever I open up a excel workbook, it will load up the workbook into my template. Can you please point me where I can get further instructions on that? Thanks and appreciate for your help. ...

Create Site Link
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01CB1A1D.BCC768F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to create a Site Link Object on a server core machine using = new-adobject cmdlet, however the below syntax fails. Pls assist new-adobject -name "US-AU" -type siteLink -Path "CN=3DIP,CN=3DInter-Site = Transports,CN=3DSites,CN=3DConfiguration,DC=3Dcausal,DC=3Dcom" The error message is like below New-ADObject : A required attribute is missing At line:1 char:...

HOW TO CREAT 3 AXIS CHARTS
how do i created multiple axis charts (speciffically i need to create a chart with 3 axis for each separate series of data Do you want an XYZ chart? http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm Do you want primary, secondary, and tertiary axes? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/TertiaryAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "chrisH" <chrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C57B27E4-2FD3-403F-B693-4C351A41CDF4@microsoft.com... > how do i created mult...

Problem with creating email-enabled objects and SMTP addresses
I am having trouble creating mail-enabled contacts and users (can't get pass Create an Exchange e-mail address part). Or adding additional SMTP addresses to mail-enabled groups and mailbox-enable users). I can only create mailbox-enable users and mail-enbled group both using default SMTP address. All this from Windows XP workstation using Active Directory Users and Computer MMC snap-in using logging on as standard domain user. (no administrator privilege) Error message popup as I tried to adding SMTP addresses. ------ An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain. Check if the ...

Creating a hyperlink
I'm trying to insert a hperlink to a SmartArt. Is that feasible? Also, is there a way to change a color background of a page? When I click background, i'm only able to put a picture. I don't know about the Smart Art huperlink but for the background color open MS Paint of similar. On a blank canvas select a color then use the fill icon to fill the canvas with your color. Save As a *.jpg Use that as your background picture. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:34:01 -0800, Louise <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to insert a h...

How do I create a template with a border that fills the page?
I have a PDF that I want to use as a background template. It consists of a border with the company colors, and a light-shaded graphic (watermark) in the middle. I created a template with margins of 0, but is there a way to set the page margins to 1" but still have the background fill the page, or would I have to create a text box? Okay, I have figured out that I need to insert it as a watermark and uncheck "washout," but now it prints out bright but shows up as faded/washed out on the screen. I am creating a letterhead template for letters that will be e-mailed (...

Your Web site should let me send a sample template that I created.
I tried to find a template that meets my needs. It does not exist on the MS site. So I took the time to modify one you did have for my purpose. I'd love to share the one I made with others. However, your template site is very impersonal and does not allow anyone to send their suggestions. In addition, there is no way to email Microsoft--or if there is, you make it extremely difficult. This makes it seem like MS just doesn't care about the users. It's like MS is an aloof controller of computers who tells users to go talk amongst themselves. I'm quite disappointe...

Scattergraph
I have tried to enter some simple data, consisiting of height and weight variables onto a scattergraph and have formatted the cells as "numbers": Height Weight 1.56 53.00 1.52 40.00 1.42 41.00 1.61 45.00 1.62 47.00 The problem is that on the finished chart, the weight scale starts at 0 and goes to 60 and it does this regardless of which axis I put the data on. The Chart Wizard does not allow me to choose anything other that Automatic for the Value (X) axis as this section is unhighligh...

Creating some another fields like notes
I would like to create some new entities on the model of the notes (a great field in which my users can insert a lot of information). In my example, I need for my prospector : * A note concerning the call. * A note concerning the project detected. All of these notes have an historic and a 1-n relation with my account. Moreother, the field CallNote and ProjectNote have to appear in the account form. Thanks in advance. Olivier. ...

Unable to create new email
Hello group! One of my customers have a strange problem. They access our emailserver via RPC over HTTP(S). They run Outlook 2003 on XP SP1. On a couple of client-computers they have problem creating new emails. When the click on the New Mail button nothing happens. If they click on an empty space in the inbox it works all the time. The problem doesn't show up when they are offline, only when they are online. The problem wasn't present before they switch to RPC-over HTTP, same clients same versions. What the **** can this be? =) Not all clients affected. Everything works for all oth...

Scattergraphs
I have data that is formatted: Task POCID Completeness Importance 1 1 7 9 1 2 6 9 1 3 5 8 1 4 7 9 I would like to plot this data as a scattergraph, but cannot quite figure out how to get the Completeness on the Y axis, Importance on the X-axis. Also, if there are multiple values for a particular completenes/importance ( as in the case of POC's 1 and 4 above), I'd like some indicati...

How to create special auto numbering
I've got a challenge that many may have when importing a database in mysql and not sure which is the better tool to use as I'm using Excel but can use Access. I have a great list of doctors that also has their specialties. Every doctor listing has a listing ID. The problem is as follows - if a doctor has more than 1 specialty, there is a second listing that has its own unique ID. For this to work, this needs to be a one to many relationship where there is one unique ID for listing and that listing is used to display in different categories. Let's say my spreadsheet is set up as fo...

How do I create a doughnut chart with different sizes for each ser
I want to make a doughnut chart that has a size proportional to the total value for each serie. Let's say the outter doughnut have a greaterthickness than the inner one. Even if you could get the areas to be proportional (you can't in Excel), nobody will realize it, because human perception of areas is far less accurate than of lengths. You should use a bar chart instead. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Nuno" <Nuno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:602F07E6...

Create a Group Mailing List
I have created mail groups in the past, but now cannot. I have also read all the directions on this message board, but nothing works for me. Help! Why can't you? Are you missing the buttons on the toolbar? Missing buttons from the Windows Contacts toolbar http://www.vista4beginners.com/Missing-buttons-from-Windows-Contacts-toolbar Vista - "New Contact" and "New Contact Group" Button Missing http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/186477-new-contact-new-contact-group-button-missing.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, ...

Create task in Outlook folder
I am using Access 2007 to create tasks in Outlook 2007. That works fine except for one thing. I cannot find the right keyword for folder or subdirectory. I have organized my tasks in different folder and want to put the tasks I am creating in Access in the right folder. Here is the testcode I am working with so far: Sub MakeOutlookTask() Dim OutlookApp As Outlook.Application Dim OutlookTask As Outlook.TaskItem Set OutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set OutlookTask = OutlookApp.CreateItem(olTaskItem) With OutlookTask .Subject = "Fjerde O...