Scatter Plot Color

I want a specific color for a chart I created, but the data series keeps
changing to a neon geen.  I've changed the color several times and it always
shows up neon green.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Adam Bush

What version of Excel?
What chart type?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"adambush4242@hotmail.com"
<adambush4242hotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want a specific color for a chart I created, but the data series keeps
> changing to a neon geen.  I've changed the color several times and it
> always
> shows up neon green.  Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Adam Bush

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
10/23/2007 3:02:54 PM
Excel 2003 Scatter Plot

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> What version of Excel?
> What chart type?
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "adambush4242@hotmail.com"
> <adambush4242hotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want a specific color for a chart I created, but the data series keeps
> > changing to a neon geen.  I've changed the color several times and it
> > always
> > shows up neon green.  Any advice would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Adam Bush

Please tell us the steps you followed to change the data series color.
Does this happen in a new workbook? - I am wondering if there is a macro
playing games with you!
Want to send me the file? - to my private email, not the newsgroup
best wishes

--

> Excel 2003 Scatter Plot
>
> "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
>
>> What version of Excel?
>> What chart type?
>> best wishes
>> --
>> Bernard V Liengme
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
>> remove caps from email
>>
>> "adambush4242@hotmail.com"
>> <adambush4242hotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want a specific color for a chart I created, but the data series keeps
>> > changing to a neon geen.  I've changed the color several times and it
>> > always
>> > shows up neon green.  Any advice would be appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Adam Bush

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
10/23/2007 3:45:27 PM
Bernard,

All I did was right click on the data series, selected Format Data Series,
and changed the color.  The weird thing is this only seems to happen on one
computer, and when you save the file it goes back to the right color.  If you
then select any cell in the workbook, the color changes back to neon green.
All our computers, operating systems, and versions of excel are the exact
same.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Adam Bush

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Please tell us the steps you followed to change the data series color.
> Does this happen in a new workbook? - I am wondering if there is a macro
> playing games with you!
> Want to send me the file? - to my private email, not the newsgroup
> best wishes
>
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "adambush4242@hotmail.com"
> <adambush4242hotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Excel 2003 Scatter Plot
> >
> > "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
> >
> >> What version of Excel?
> >> What chart type?
> >> best wishes
> >> --
> >> Bernard V Liengme
> >> Microsoft Excel MVP
> >> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> >> remove caps from email
> >>
> >> "adambush4242@hotmail.com"
> >> <adambush4242hotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

scatter
Assume 1000 pairs in 2 columns with values similiar to (12.2,17233). x is in the range of 8.4-19.2 and y is 0-20000. The x axis is on the bottom and the y is on the left with x crossing y @ maximum y How does one plot this? Have you tried this? What happened? Where did you get stuck? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <98E0E92C-1444-4327-B272-BCAA25A62259@microsoft.com>, shennigan@peiinc.com says... > Assume 1000 pairs in 2 columns with values similia...

Color in Check Box
Is there some way to change the color of the check box area that has the check mark (not the labeling or caption area)? -- Bill @ UAMS ...

Color question?
Hello Everyone, I am using Visio 2000 SR1 and have had difficulties copying and pasting into Word. When I do Control/c and Control/v, I get lines and color drawn incorrectly. I fixed this by doing Edit/Select All/Copy. That preserved all of the lines and most of the color. However, I have a title that is in grey which continues to appear black when pasted into Word. This happens when pasted from the clipboard or as a picture. It is odd because other things are coming out grey as they are supposed to. Does anyone know what I might try to retain the grey color in my title? Thanks a lo...

XY Scatter chart
I have a scatter chart with one PAIR of data for each of 31 business activities. For example, two data points for "Delivery," one showing the ranked importance of this activity and the the second point showing the organization's performance in this category. Unfortunately, the descriptions of these business activities are a lot longer than the above example and R. Bovey's XY Labeler results in a crowded, unreadable chart. Is there any way to name these business activities on the X Axis, at a 45 or 90 degree angle? Put the description in one column. In 2 adjacent...

can i chart my data in the font color?
I would like my chart to display my data points in the color of the font i enter them in . ie.... a red font would display a red bar and a black font a black bar. Does anyone know if this is possible? You would have to write a macro to do this automatically. If you only have a couple of charts to do, You might want to just select the individual bar and change the color yourself. depending on the graph type selected, you could also separate out the data into different series depending on the color you want to use, and plot using a stacked bar chart "larry" wrote: >...

Change color of a particular category label in Excel 2007
Hi, I have a bar chart with average SAT scores of various private schools. On the vertical axis are school names. I would like to change the format of one particular school to Bold & Red while leaving the text color of all of the other schools Unbolded and Black. I would also like to change the bar color for this particular school to Red while leaving the bars for the other schools Black. I have had trouble figuring this out. Can anybody help? Paul Hi Paul, Thanks for your question. The general rule with chart selection is that clicking once selects the entire series and clicking ...

2 spot colors only
I need to convert my Publisher 2002 document to spot color, maintaining black for all black text (in text boxes as well as in imported picture files - Excel charts and other TIFFs) and changing all other colors to variations/tones of a single spot color (PMS 349 - a green). According to the help file, I want to choose two spot colors - black first and a green second. I see how to modify/delete other spot colors, but although I specify only these two spot colors in the dialog box, the box below (stating which colors are used in my document) has 3 colors. According to the help file, ha...

Scatter and bar
Hi I have posted a screen shot of my chart here - http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs35&d=05260&f=chart.jpg I would like to know if it is possible with the chart to change the turquoise line named Digester feed mean % DS to work with the scatter chart using the secondary axis already in place as a bar mixed scatter chart? I really appreciate your comments i think the chart would look great like this. Many Thanks Rob - p.s if the image doesnt load right click and choose show picture then it should load. Select the series that you want to change to a bar chart. Right click and choos...

cell color change based on due date
hi Experts This is 2 part question 1>>> I have a problem in xl, can't figure out. I am using column C named as DUE DATE What I am after is "if difference between today and due date is less than 10 days then the cell colour should change automatically to red!!!!! I have used this > highlighted column C > format > Conditional Formatting >formula is =(C4-today())<=10 format "red colour" (I have selected manually) can't understand what's going wrong there. Another problem is When I have done that first time, then the whole column ...

xy scatter plot and split function clarification
I have data like this in a file. i need to draw a simple XY scatter plot, 221 -255 196 -255 191 -255 181 -255 168 -255 159 -255 151 -255 150 -255 105 -255 I opening this file and try to use split function Do Until EOF(TestFileNumber) Line Input #TestFileNumber, TempStr If TempStr = "" Then 'Do nothing Else ReDim Preserve Str2(Count) Str2 = Split((TempStr), " ") Count = Count + 1 End If but Str2 array indexes are always 0 and 1 though count increments and how do i draw the xyscatter chart whi...

color loss when saving as PDF
Has anyone figured out how to keep colored text colored when saving as a PDF from Publisher 2007? My color images are fine, but any colored text is changed to black when it saves as PDF. Any thoughts or suggestions??? thansk Sarah What program are you using to create your .pdf files? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C180B5D-2CE0-4B79-BC93-52475BD38D82@microsoft.com... > Has anyone figured out how to keep colored text colored wh...

XY Scatter Chart
I need some help with an XY Scatter chart. I need to add a data table to the chart. Is there a way to do this? I routinely add the data table to line and bar charts. In this case the data needs to be in the xy scatter format. Thanks Here is a works around, I will assume the data is in columns Select the data and copy Move to an unused part of the worksheet; used Edit | Paste Special, specify Transpose Put borders on the new 'table' and adjust the column width Select the new table; with SHIFT help down use Edit; use the Copy as Picture item Move to your chart and copy the picture o...

Pivot table chart
Hi All, I have a chart that contains several input created through a pivot table. For making my chart clear I decided to apply 3 colors for my inputs some are green, some are yellow and some are red. But after each refresh, I get the default colors coming back. How can I remove this default color setting and save my color choice ? thanks for your replys Denis Hi, Loss of chart formating on refresh is a know bug. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 Cheers Andy Denis Le Bellego wrote: > Hi All, > I have a chart that contains several input created through a ...

Associating a fill color with a cell value
Is there any way to make excel automatically change a cell's fill color if a certain value is entered? I am making a schedule for employee shifts, and would like to be able to have each person's name be associated with a color without having to change the colors around each time I make a schedule. Try "Conditional Format". Limited amount of conditions through Excel 2003. In Excel 2007/2010 "the sky is the limit". Micky -- והמשך/י, נא, לקרוא את השורה הבאה: *********** אם תגובתי עזרה לחץ/י, נא, על <כן> בפס האופקי התחתון! *********** מיכאל...

Changing the border color of dropdown box for Combo
Hello, I require to provide customized look for Combo Box and Combo Box Ex. For this reason I am subclassing these controls and also have a customized class for List Box. I would like to know how is it possible to change the color of the border of the drop down box for the ComboBox and ComboBox Ex. Presently, the border appears in black, but I would like to change it to another color. Thanks in advance. Regards, Mona. "Mona" <mona.j@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c5iv1h$lfm$1@news.mch.sbs.de... > Hello, > > I require to provide customized look for Combo Box a...

Scatter Plot
Hello, Is there a way of adding labels to points (besides series name, x and y) besides writing VBA code? Thanks. Bill Check out Rob Bovey's "XY Chart Labeler" add-in: http://www.appspro.com/utilities/Labeler.asp In article <egLFGKS3DHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, "Bill" <whmc2@ix.netcom.com> wrote: > Hello, > Is there a way of adding labels to points (besides series name, x and y) > besides writing VBA code? > > Thanks. > > Bill > > ...

Change BG color in Wordpad instance
Greetings all, I have a powershell script which generates rich text file (.rtf) reports that contain a lot of detailed data which needs to be examined carefully over long periods. This could be done in greater comfort if the background color of the WordPad instance in which the report is displayed could be changed to black (or whatever color I choose) from the default white. # This paragraph is optional reading; skip if low on time or patience... In seeking a solution, I happened upon the help file for the Add-Type command (I'm using Powershell V2 (CTP3)) and found exampl...

Nameing scattered data in chart (dot's)
I consider myself as a fairly competent excel user, but I seriuosly got stucked on this on!! Im duing a simple scattered chart with prices up along Y-axis and miles along the X-axis ... But I would like each scattered dot to be named after "my coloum N" which is car1, car2, car3 ...etc (Meaning .. If I have 30 Cars...where is car no. 1 in the chart and where is car no. 30) ?? The only luck I had so fare was either to show the X, Y- value or chart name!!! Hope someone can assist me if it is possible.. Thanks in advance NielsChr Hi, Simplest way is to use ...

Scatter Charts
I am using Excell 2000 I feel like a dummy. While I use Excell on a regular basis, about 1 a month, I have not created a chart (graph) in Excell in years. Now I am trying to create a scatter graph of which I have never done. This is for our salary budget. I have been asked to show how many people are in each salary range percentile by wages. Example Emp #1, making $25000 may be in the 70% range for a specific classification, while emp #2, making $25000 is in the 80% range for his classification. I began by making a chart with the salary range percentiles in each column Ex: 70...

assign permanent colors to bars/values in a pivot chart
I have a column in my source data called "TIER" so the values are 1, 2, 3 etc. when I convert to a pivot chart I want those values/bars to be automatically & permanently assigned a specific color. Eg. Tier 1 = Green, Tier 2 = Yellow etc. Can you help? The colours in a chart are taken from default settings for the data series in the defined order. You can change these default settings in Tools/Options/Color(tab). You see the 56 standard colours and under the thin line the colours for Chart fills and Chart lines. The first series is the left colour, etc up to 8 colou...

Scatter chart
I would like to make a scatter chart on basis of percentages that I have in 1 column. This is possible with the regular scatter chart. However, now I would like to have style/color of the marker of each observation to vary depending on their value in another column. So the chart should consist of all observations with the style of the marker defined by the value in another column. Is this possible? Burger - An Excel XY (Scatter) chart type is usually used to show the relationship between two variables. The data are pairs of values for each observation, usually an "independent"...

Using Transparent Colors in a Radar Chart
HI, I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to add tranparency to a color in a radar chart. I have created a radar chart that has 5 points and two colors. the radar chart will create two polygons which overlap. If the colors are not transparent, which appears to be the only option, sometimes you cannot see what is behind one of the polygons. Now this is natural but it would be nice if you could see what's behind for reference. I have tried to change the color attributes in the gradient window but the transparency change bars do not work. Any suggestions? Thanks, Marc ...

Scatter Graph Help
Dear All, I believe I have a simple problem however am puzzled as to how to achieve my end result. I have three sets of data. Delegate Name John Steve Brian Stacy Potential 6 7 8 9 Value 7 8 9 7 I need to produce a scatter graph that plots the 'Potential Heading' values against the x axis and the 'Value Headings' against the y axis. Each time I try, both values are plotted against the y axis. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Ket (PS I am using excel 2K on Windows 2K) Ket - You must select the bottom two rows of your data, then select an XY Scatter chart type in...

How to change list-view item background color?
How would I go about changing the background colors of some of my list-view items - any ideas? Thanks. ...

getting data labels on xy chart from additional plot area
I am creating a scatter chart that is designed to show trends in employee performance. Employees are rated with 2 different tools, each using a 5 point scale. I am able to plot the intersection of each tool rating without a problem. However, I would like to be able to add a data label that is employee name. When I add names to the data series, my xy chart now plots each tool as a separate data point, not as an intersection. So...when I use source data like below, the chart looks fine, but employee name is not included. Tool 1 Tool2 ------------------- 4 5 3 ...