Scale tab missing on chart format button. Urgent!

I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am
required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels
and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have
the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast.
Please help!

MM -

Did you miss the axis and actually double click on the chart area? That dialog has
Patterns, Font, and Properties. I think it's the only chart element with a
Properties tab. Does Patterns have Border and Area sub sections? It's not the format
axis dialog you've opened.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

MusicMonkey wrote:
> I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am
> required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels
> and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have
> the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast.
> Please help!

Interactive Pie chart in PowerPoint
I have created an interactive Excel pie chart that enables the user to change the year to display with a set of radio dials within a group box. My colleague likes it so much that he was asking whether he can insert it in a PowerPoint presentation. It sounds like a non starter to me as I don't know how to make PowerPoint mimic Excel in this fashion. I was going to offer inserting a hyperlink in PowerPoint that takes him to the Excel worksheet where this pie chart resides. Alternatively, I was going to suggest inserting in his PowerPoint presentation static pictures of the chart. A...

Off-Line Then On-Line Z-Report Missing Data
I have RMS Setup at a retail outlet. 2 POS Stations and one back office. I was having problems with off-line recovery. I spoke with microsoft but thier solution was unsuccessful. I set the workstations to autologin into windows 2000 pro as Administrator everytime the machine is rebooted. Now POS1 will Resync but POS2 Seems to loss the data collected during offline mode. This is noticed when we produce the z-report. This problem has become noticable due to the power-outages that have recently occured which would bring down the wireless network. I have now convinced the own...

Chart: range info from seriescollection?
I would like to fill a combobox (Rowsource) with data that are used in for instance the XValues or Values of a Seriescollection of a graph. "ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values" does not give the right type (I was hoping for a string type of info like "Sheet1.Range(a1:a10)"). How to get a Range to be used as Rowsource for my combobox??? Thanks for your suggestions, JB The Values and XValues will return an array of values. To get the range address like this, you will need to parse the series formula. Or you could use John Walkenbach's class module for extractin...

Word 2004 formatting
For some reason Word now opens my documents in a defined space in the center of my monitor. I can enlarge the image (ie, 150%) but the defined space doesn't change size so I lose text. Changing from Normal, to Page Layout, etc doesn't fix the problem. What's wrong and how do I fix it? Many thanks! Jim When you hit the green button in the top left, what happens? When you drag the bottom right corner, what happens? On 18/2/07 1:28 PM, in article 1171765694.927622.224610@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com, "jb_powell@qwest.net" <jb_powell@qwest.net> wrote: > For som...

PDF scaling
Hi, my publication is on A7 format and I need to publish it as A5 format. With normal printers there is no problem, just set the scaling to 200%, but how could one achieve that with Publisher's PDF export feature? Thanks, Jan Jan, I use Pub 2000, sans built-in PDF but if you select File, Printer setup, is PDF listed? If so, can you then select Printer Preferences and there may be "Scaling". -- Don Vancouver, USA "Jan Kucera" <miloush@community.nospam> wrote in message news:E122321E-911E-4580-A8FF-2D522524FE7E@microso...

Error 2035 X500 Address Type Missing
Pure Ex2003 SP1 site (after 5.5 migration several months ago). Other 4 sites in Exchange Org are pure 5.5. Everything seems to be running ok, no ADC errors, no RUS errors, no SRS errors... Just got error 2035 ExchangeSA after changing (via ADUC) new user's misspelled last name on all his e-mail address types. "The e-mail address description object in the Microsoft Exchange directory for the 'X500' address type on 'i386' machines is missing." (Did not get 2027 or 2037 errors about any missing .dll) Following KB 326962 -- Using Adsiedit to check, x.500 is n...

tab etiquette
In our shop, proper indentation is enforced, with tab stops equal to two spaces. How about yours? dander wrote: >In our shop, proper indentation is enforced, with tab stops equal to two spaces. > >How about yours? Three spaces, and I do mean spaces. In addition, I define "proper indentation" as integer multiples of the tab size. -- Doug Harrison Microsoft MVP - Visual C++ Doug Harrison [MVP] wrote: > dander wrote: > > >>In our shop, proper indentation is enforced, with tab stops equal to two spaces. >> >>How about yours? > > > T...

total the responses in the Tracking tab
Hi - I need to tally responses to a Meeting Request. I currently use the Tracking tab, but have to visually count Accepted/Declined/Tentative responses. Do these add up anywhere? I am running Outlook 2003 Sp3 Thanks ...

Column-Line Chart w/ Dates
I have a chart that is using columns for category "A" on the primary x-axis (a $ amount). This category is broken down first by person, then by month. So essentially from left to right the columns will be person "1" and month "1", person "1" and month "2", person "1" and month "3", person "2" and month "1", and so on.... The chart is also using lines to mark category "B" on the secondary x-axis (a $ amount that is a portion of category "A", but not a percentage. Essentially c...

Missing GAL
Hi! After Windows XP SP3 installation with Office 2003, in an NT4 domain with Exchange 5.5, when in Outlook I don't have any GAL. It seems that it dissapeared. Because of this, also Recipient resolution is not working. It only works sending with Auto Complete. Could you help me please how to get GAL again appearing ? I tried reinstalling Outlook but it did not helped. Standing by for any help... Thank you very much in advance! ...

Adding a button to a spreadsheet...
Hello, I am trying to figure out how to add a button to a spreadsheet that will launch the UserForm that I have created for inputing data onto that ss. This has to be easier than it is to find out how to go about doing this. Thanks, PZan -- PokerZan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389163 Hello- Depending on version & intent you can either bring up the Forms Toolbar and create yo...

How to set up merge where you hit tab to fill in blanks.
I see the post from May 2006 but did not see an answer that fit. I am a WordPerfect user accustomed to having "keyboard" merge documents as fill-in forms, such as a fax cover sheet, where the boilerplate sheet has "keyboard" fields and when I press "end field," I am taken to each blank line to fill in the to, fax number, file number, etc. I'm having a heckuva time in Word because while I see the "Ask" fields and the "fill-in" files, I don't know what simple button I use to be taken to each field once I set up the boilerp...

How can I display multiple variables horizontally in the pivot tab
Hi everyone-- When you enter multiple analysis variables into the pivot table layout the results always display vertically (with all the variables stacked in one column), but my client wants to see the results splayed out horizontally (with each variable in a column). Is there a way to do this? -- For example, You get this Pivottable normally: Product Data Brand A DataVarA DataVarB DataVarC Brand B DataVarA DataVarB DataVarC But I need this format instead: Product DataA...

Tab Name
Is there a simple function to return the sheet/tab name of a worksheet... In office 2000 I had to use: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) But I believe that there is something more straight forward now, but I don't remember what it is. -- Thanks, Martin Schmid, EIT, CCSA, MCDBA, MCSE No there is not, use the same formula -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Martin Schmid" <martinschmid@sbcglobal.net.nospam> wrote in message news:%23NoavjKSEHA.1556@TK2MSF...

Dynamically Scale Gantt Chart Time Scale
Excel 2007 (or 2010 Beta, if that's the only way to do it) I've developed a Gantt Chart using a stacked bar chart. It works great. Is there any way to have the horizontal axis (or vertical axis, I get confused with the terms in a stacked bar chart) expand in and out based on the MIN and MAX of the dates in the plotted range? Excel 2007 Gantt Chart Scale X axis with macro. http://www.mediafire.com/file/zdzj4tz2mmo/01_22_10.xlsm Thanks! Will try that out. "Herbert Seidenberg" wrote: > Excel 2007 Gantt Chart > Scale X axis with macro. > http:...

PDF button disappeared!
The PDF button disappeared and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it back. I opened a pub file today and an error message popped up to the effect of "there was an error last time Publisher opened with Acrobat, would you like to open without it? To re-enable in the future go to "help" and reactivate" or some such thing. I said "Yes", thinking it would be a click or two and be fixed. But now the create PDF button (all three) that were on my menu bar have gone daddy gone and I have wasted a whole lot of time trying to find out how to get them...

Chart not visible -suspect scale setting?
All of a suddend when I create a chart the chart area is empty. If I change the type to 3d , I will get a small 3d chart on the middle left of the chart area. I suspect the default scale has changed somehow. can anyone help please? -- ...

How to draw chart: log scale on X axis, natural scale on y axis?
How to draw chart: log scale on X axis, natural scale on y axis? sample data is given below. This chart is used for Civil Engineering? X axis Y axis Sieve size % passing 26 mm 100 22 mm 95 16 mm 81 12 mm 75 10 mm 66 4.8 mm 52 2.4 mm 42 1.2 mm 32 0.6 mm 18 0.3 mm 16 0.15 mm 9 0.09 mm 3 Right-click on the X-axis, select Format Axis, choose the "Scale" tab, and tick the "logarithmic scale" box. You will, of course, need to be using the XY chart (confusingly named scatter), rather than a line chart. -- David Biddulph "Pratap D. chavan" <Pratap D. chavan...

name of tab into a cell
Hi In excel I want to put the name of the tab into the cell onto the shee (eg Sheet 2) Can someone let me know a formula to do this Than -- Andy B ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Andy B.'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1476 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27557 Andy, try this, will return sheet name: =MID(CELL("filename",A2),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A2))+1,255) file must be saved first -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying so...

Excel 2003- Charts- date and time format on x-axis of XY chart
Hello, I am trying to plot an XY graph with x-axis data in date and time format but Excel keeps counting the x-axis data as "data labels". It is in the format mm/dd/yy HH:mm ex) 10/28/06 17:00 Instead, Excel appears to be turning my XY plot into a line plot (for example, the first date is assigned an x-value of 1, the second value assigned an x-value of 2 and so on so that each date/time x-value is evenly spaced). I would like to find a way to plot this data so that it is spaced relative to date and time. Are your data values actually date and time, or are they text? Does ...

Excell charts in ppt
If a chart is created and brought into PPT, is it possible to have the chart auto adjust its colors to show up on any background? Dear Robin, I would suggest that you copy (link) the excel data into the Chart data section of PowerPoint. That way, the chart is being created within PowerPoint, and the color scheme of the chart will conform to the background selected by you should you change. -- Cordially, Bob Sullivan Microsoft Office Master Instructor "Robin" wrote: > If a chart is created and brought into PPT, is it possible to have the chart > auto adjust its...

Identify missing numbers
I have a table that uses a text field to store receipt numbers. Currently I use VAL to sort the numbers numerically. Is there a way to identify which numbers are missing out of the sequence? For instance if my receipts start at 1 and go through 10,000, but receipts 900 through 987 are missing, can I get a query to show me that? Thanks! Tara By "missing" I asssume you mean "should be in a list but is not"... One way to do this is to have a list of what numbers SHOULD be listed, then use the query wizard to construct an "unmatched" query betw...

Scaling
I want the scale of my chart to use values found on the worksheet. I don't know how. I want to be able to just type over a cell and have the date range plotted on the chart change to match. Help! Hi have a look at the following sites for creating dynamic charts. Use these techniques accordingly http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Selene" <se@mdahospital.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eE#humBHEHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I want the ...

XY Scatter Chart Not Showing X Axis
I'm trying to create a quadrant analysis. I have the four quadrants as stacked columns and the real data as a XY Scatter. The x axis for the XY Scatter is not showing. The real data series are marked as the secondary axis. Does anyone know how to make the X axis appear? Usually Excel gives you both secondary axes when you add an XY series to a column chart. Go to Chart menu > Options > Axes, and check the box for the secondary X axis. If you're using Excel 2007, it's found on the middle of the three charting tabs, under Axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft ...

Can I change text in Pop-Up Boxes for chart items?
I know that I can change the data labels, but I have hundreds of items in the xy chart and want to be able to scroll over a xy data point and have text show instead of the xy coordinates. Thanks! Hi mike, Check out Tushar Metha's Hover Chart Label addin. http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ Cheers Andy mike wrote: > I know that I can change the data labels, but I have > hundreds of items in the xy chart and want to be able to > scroll over a xy data point and have text show instead of > the xy coordinates. Thanks! -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope....