save same web query by date so I can chart currency movements

I'm fairly new to using Excel for financial modeling, but recentl
figured out how to pull graphs from the internet and have them updat
periodically (Excel asks you to choose a number of minutes betwee
updates).

However, I really don't want the web query to update, I want it to sav
the chart each day (automatically instead of manually)  in a ne
worksheet so I can go back and develop a page that will chart changes.

If it helps to visualize, I'm pulling a currency chart fro
Bloomberg.com, but they only list the day's movements. I'd like to hav
it save each day at market close so I can begin to see currenc
trends/movements.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

How do I print query parameters on the report?
I'll try to keep this short. I have created a query with multiple parameters. I want to print reports showing invoices to a specified customer between certain dates. When I run the query, it is set up to enter the customer name first, and then type the beginning date of the invoice period, and then type the ending date of the invoice period. I have that part down okay. When I print the report, I want the date parameters that I typed in for the query to appear on the printed report. I created a text box in Design View on the report, and for the Control Source, I entered the sam...

can TIME values be aggregated?
Hello, Can time values be aggregated? I'm putting together a summary report that will need to show the sum time that something happened. (Employee breaks, for instance.) If break times for 3 employees were "01:00:00", "00:15:00", and "00:12:30" in length, how do I aggregate them to get "01:27:30"? Simply treating them like char values so they can be parsed into integers and added and then divided by 60 doesn't seem like the best way. Thanks, Eric new DBA in '09 wrote: > Hello, > > Can time values be aggregated? ...

chart fixed as default
I know about using "Format Chart Area" -> "Don't move or size with cells" to make my charts stay fixed. How do I make this the default behavior? Thanks, Ajit ...

how can I make one DocTemplate as a default open?
Below have two group DocTemplate, as normal, we Open New File, System automatically pop up a dialog with listbox for us to select one of them as open format. How can I set something to make m_p1Template as default open. I don't hope pop up this choice dialog. m_p1Template = new CMultiDocTemplate( IDR_LATYPE, RUNTIME_CLASS(C1Doc), RUNTIME_CLASS(C1Wnd), // standard MDI child frame RUNTIME_CLASS(C1View)); AddDocTemplate(m_p1Template); m_p2Template = new CMultiDocTemplate( IDR_MAINFRAME, RUNTIME_CLASS(C2Doc), RUNTIME_CLASS(C2Wnd), // standard MDI chi...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

How can I create a formula for Salutation
How can I create a formula that will look at the name in a column and create a salutation? Hi With your names in column B, assuming them to be forenames, then ="Dear "&B1&"," If the names are last names, then if you had Title in another column, say title in column A, Forename in Column B and Lastname in column C ="Dear "&A1&" C1"&"," Regards Roger Govier cs_vision wrote: >How can I create a formula that will look at the name in a column and create >a salutation? > > cs_vision Wrote: > How can...

sorting by date #2
I am having trouble sorting a table by date. When I choose to sort th column by date - it sorts it alphabetically by date - i.e. with Augus coming first. How can I have Excel sort chronologically, when the date include month, day, yea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It sounds as if the dates are formatted as text. You can change this to an Excel date value by inserting a helper column and using the following formula (assuming your dates are in column A: =DATEVALUE(A1) and copying down. Excel will then recognize the values as date values, not text, and will sort chronol...

Date Query 04-14-10
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could please help me? I have a database table that has a column allocated to the date a person consented to have their details added to the database. What I need is to create a query that displays any date entries and the number of times that particular date has been entered (as many people would give consent on the same date). I then need to add another column that calculates what week that date fell into starting from Week 1 (21st December 2009). The main reason I need this query is to build a chart that displays the amount of consenting people...

Saving Images

Can I email url links
OK, I understand security concerns! I would like to email url links to other co-workers using Outlook 2003 and Exchange server. Sureoly there is some way to do this? Thanks! Bates... You have me at a little disadvantage. I use Outlook 2000. Did you ever use Outlook 2000 and were you ever successful using URLs? The reason I ask is that I AM able to send in Outlook 2000. If you are not the Exchange Administrator, you might consider asking him/her if there has been extra security added somewhere. Best of luck, Craig >-----Original Message----- >OK, I understand security c...

Text box in the Bar chart
I have inserted text box in the Bar chart. not able to format the text inside the text box... any guidance please.......its bit urgent You can control the box by right clicking and choosing "Properties." I don't think you can change the text settings - or if there is a way, I haven't found it. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I have inserted text box in the Bar chart. not able to format the text > inside the text box... > any guidance please.......its bit urgent mukund.y -- Select the text inside the text b...

ATTN: Need to import data from access database, hosted on web.
This should be fun. I can use the import data feature to get data into excel from a loca access database, But i need a central access dbase on the web, and when someone open the excel workbook, it auto updates from the access dbase hosted on th web server. Im assuming this has something to to with the connection strings et that i need to write, could anyone point me in the right direction o post a solution, many many thanks in advance. Pau -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Date Question #2
I am creating a worksheet that will last specific dates in column B. In Colum C I want it to just list the month. There is going to be about 20-100 lines for each day, so i guess i want to use a formula that says if b6 = 1/15/2006 then in column c6 put January, etc. Is that possible? Try this formula =IF(B1<>"",TEXT(MONTH(B1),"mmmm"),"") or =IF(B1<>"",B1,"") and format cell as "mmmm" -- daddylonglegs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daddylonglegs's Profile: http://...

charts #23
I am making a chart but all of my y axis values don't show up. What kind of chart, what Y values are there, and how do you expect them to appear? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "alvinb" <alvinb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D3B9198-629B-4A48-A139-D88BFFA3AB40@microsoft.com... >I am making a chart but all of my y axis values don't show up. ...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Sending web page attachments
Whn attempting to send a web page via e-mail I receive the following message. What do I need to do in order to send these pages error free and why is the message being received in the first place? Thank you - Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments:www.msnbc.msn.url ...

VB6 service under Server 2008 can't run another VB application
I have a VB6 service that has been running for years on 2000 and 2003. I'm trying get it to work on Server 2008 and it's not working. The service calls shell to run another VB6 .exe program. This .exe program is not being called when the VB6 service program is run as a service. If I run the program as an application, it works like it should. Obviously, something in 2008 needs to be changed to allow this but I don't know what it would be. sr Steve Ricketts brought next idea : > I have a VB6 service that has been running for years on 2000 and 2003. I'm...

Save to unProtect a Document?

can't send emails; get the following....
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'rkmorg@verizon.net'. Subject 'registration ', Account: 'rkmorg@verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...

Can you make a cell with a diagonal, so that you can edit the upper and lower part of the cell?
If you make a square cell, then make a diagonal border you can make it look right for printing, but I was wondering if there is anyway to make it so that you can edit. For example: I would like to make a cell and then split it into 2 cells, so that it will almost look like a fraction. 1/2 #1 in the upper cell,# 2 in the lower cell, then use a border to do the diagonal. gwillis G, Not really. But you can take two side-by-side cells, format them so that their text is on a 45 degree angle, put a vertical border between them, and then adjust the row heights and column widths to get some...