Reversing X axis flips Primary Y axis plot but not Secondary Y axis plot

In Excel 2007, I have three columns of values.  When I create a scatter chart
with these three columns, the first is the X axis data and I can show a Primary
Y axis for the second column data and a Secondary Y axis for the third column
data.  But when I click on "Values in reverse order" on the X axis, only the
primary Y axis data plot is flipped, not the secondary axis data.   Please test
this yourself and see what I mean.  I can find no way to fix this problem.
Please let me know if you have a solution.
0
darrel

In Excel 2007, click on a chart with a secondary axes, then on the [Layout] tab on the ribbon on the top of excel click on the drop down for [Axes] and pick the options for displaying/ reversing primary and secondary axes.

> On Tuesday, May 11, 2010 8:32 AM darrel wrote:

> In Excel 2007, I have three columns of values.  When I create a scatter char
> with these three columns, the first is the X axis data and I can show a Primar
> Y axis for the second column data and a Secondary Y axis for the third colum
> data.  But when I click on "Values in reverse order" on the X axis, only th
> primary Y axis data plot is flipped, not the secondary axis data.   Please tes
> this yourself and see what I mean.  I can find no way to fix this problem.
> Please let me know if you have a solution.

> Submitted via EggHeadCafe
> Entity Framework Code-First Library CTP 5 Quick Facts
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/1be19af6-7384-4eca-9076-d19c2d0638cc/entity-framework-codefirst-library-ctp-5-quick-facts.aspx
0
tobirh (1)

Dual boot in reverse
Hello, I have dual boot system: driveC --> WinXP driveD --->Vista Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. How to do that without reinstalling Vista? Your thoughts appreciated, Claire On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:00:12 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have dual boot system: >driveC --> WinXP >driveD --->Vista >Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. >I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. &...

REVERSING TEXT
HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO T.SHIRTS spike <spike@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO > T.SHIRTS YES. PLEASE READ REPLY TO YOUR FIRST POST. Please do not talk in all caps. It is considered shouting and makes your post difficult to read and is rude. Your first message ("how do i reversie pictures and text for printing to t.shirts") is directly below this one and has been answered by yours truly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Line break in X-axis column label?
I have a chart with the data shown in columns. I am trying to format my data column in the worksheet so the column label on the X-axis has a line break that makes sense. I want: Run 1 - 1843 RPM but I can't force a break after the hyphen in the worksheet, so I'm getting Run 1 - 1843 RPM. Is there any way to force this line break so it shows up on my chart? Ed Ed, a line break within a worksheet cell can be forced with <Alt><Enter> (keep the Alt-button pressed while hitting <Enter>). I believe this will be reflected in your chart category label. GL, Henk ...

Excel (2007) won't do a particular X-Y (Point) graph for me..
Hi, Well, Excel _does_ X-Y graphs, but not this one. I have, in the columns A, B, G, and E from row 7 to 5175, sequential time, data, and data (and dummy data) , respectively. When I make an X-Y plot using the time column for the X-axis, it plots as expected. But when I plot column B versus column D, I get column B on the Y-axis, and the (relative?) row number on the X-axis. (There are gaps in the data, but any gaps plot alright in a smaller data sub set, even if they are not matched). My workaround consists of plotting B versus D and E, and then remove E ;-) Somehow it seems Excel won&#...

Change Y axis to X axis
Hi, i have a 18KB excel file @ www.geocities.com/ricerox008/book1.xl i want to reverse the X and Y axis, so that time is shown on the X axis and volume is shown on the y axis. i have tried for *AGES* to do this, but i cant please help me, either by email or on here.. (MSN is also ok thanks, Rice Haven't downloaded the file; don't intend to. Select the chart, then the menu item Chart | Source Data... | Series tab. Exchange the contents of the Value (Y) and Category (X) fields. Or... Put the data you want to be the x-values in some column. In the column to the right (in a left...

time scale axis
When I change my X axis to time scale, it changes my axis dates to 1/1/1900. When I try to fix this, it scrunches all my data points up to the left. What the heck am I doing wrong? Sounds like Excel doesn't recognize your category labels as numerical dates. In this case, it treats the categories as 1, 2, 3, etc, and Excel thinks day 1 is 1/1/1900. Remove the horizontal alignment from the cells with dates. Are they all right aligned? Any which are not are text. To convert them to numerical dates, assuming they are otherwise recognizable to Excel, format the cells as dates (Format...

3 axis graphy
Is it possible to create a 3 line axis graph.....info on the left, bottom & right? If so, please explain how. Thank you. LaTracy McGhee Hi, If it's a tertiary axis your after then Jon has a explanation of how to construct one. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/TertiaryAxis.html If its just left and right axis labelling then this tip is really for secondary xaxis but if you stop halfway through you will have the 3 elements described. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm LaTracy wrote: > Is it possible to create a 3 line axis graph.....info on the left, bottom & ...

How do I change the format of the page numbering to Page x of x?
In MS Word the page numbering can be Page x of x. How do I change the page numbering in MS Publisher to this? All it shows is Page x. I like it to show the TOTAL amount of pages in the document on every page. -- smags It can be done manually. I don't know if it can be done automatically tho. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "smags" <smags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5DEF577-154E-4F08-B549-824E595D4447@microsoft.com... > In MS Word the page numbering can be Page x of x. How do I change the > page > numbering in MS Publi...

Plotting Point on Gridline
I have a graph that I made but I'm having an issue with the points being plotted on it. It's a custom type chart (lines on 2 axes). I have everything on there and it is all working, but my points are being shown in between my x axis values instead of on the gridline. ie: if the data is associated with 80,000 sq ft it shows the point in the space between 80,000 and 90,000 sq ft rather than on the gridline for 80,000 sq ft. Is there any way to change this so that the point will appear on the 80,000 sq ft gridline? I'm not sure that I described this well, but I tried. I w...

Possible to reverse a row of entries?
Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. thanks Rick Hi in B1 enter =OFFET($A$10,-(ROW()-1),0) and copy down for ten rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rs wrote: > Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of > entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through > #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. > > thanks > > Rick Ric...

Reverse arrow for hyperlinks

Reverse engineering
I have to document an Access 97 that has grown like wild blackberries. The database's creator has left us no documentation at all and I would like Visio to extract as much information as possible. So far I have extracted a good UML of the tables. Currently I am doing screen dumps of the forms to show what the screens look like - then pasting them into Visio. What else can I do? Can I extract the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules also - and save and print these out from Visio? Please advise. As I remember there was a "database documenter" with Access. I don...

COLORS ON X AXIS
I am working on a bar chart that lists the # of schools on the x axis and total sales on the y axis. Since there are numerous schools, I noticed the colors of the bars are repeating themselves. I would like to make is so the first group is solid, the second one pattern and the third another. I hope I didn't confuse you too much...... thanks On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Kathy <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am working on a bar chart that lists the # of schools on the x axis and >total sales on the y axis. Since there are numerous s...

Is there any kind of primary key in CRM
Here is the situation. I have many leads and oppurtunities in the line of business that we are in multiple oppurtunities can come from the same lead source. I am trying to write a report joining the lead and oppurtunity views so I can pull data from both. However whenever I try to join the two tables on the lead name I am getting more entries than there should be because there are mulitple oppurtunities listed under a single lead and it is creating a listing for each oppurtunity under each. Is there a primary key or something along the lines that I can use to join the lead and oppurtu...

flip chart
If you are looking for Flipchart Paper in Canada go to www.lebflipchart.ca This is cheapest and largest company that sells Flipchart paper all across Canada. They are 24 hours/7days a week/365 days a year open. Minimum order is 10 pads. the have different sizes and qualities of paper. If you need more info call toll free 1-877-60-PAPER (72737) Sorry Canada only!! ...

Bringing Excel Spreadsheets into Word X
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I use Microsoft Office v.X:Mac. <br><br>Later this month, I will be volunteering for a local sprint racing event at a community festival. Races take place over three days of a long weekend. Friday features one mid-distance race and Saturday and Sunday feature sprint races repeated over the two-day event. (Contestants run in the race for the first day, have their race-time recorded, and then again on the second day, again the time is recorded. The race results are the total of both days' times for ...

Formulas reversed
Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slash has become "multiply" and the star has become "divide". In other words, these two symbols are reversed. Have no idea how this happened. How can it be reversed back to normal? thanks. Please give an example of formula, values of input cells and result of formula -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56D666E-70CD-4E8F-97F9-1FAD9CE92024@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slas...

Office X 10.1.4 Update problem
I have Office X for Mac running under Panther installed as OS X 10.3.2, and have just successfully downloaded and installed the update for Office X 10.1.2. I note that Office updater 10.1.3 is said to be included in 10.1.4. I have several times attempted to run this latter updater, but it always fails, claiming that there is "an error". What, if anything, is going wrong, please? Lee <c.cullen@nri.org.uk> wrote: > > I note that Office updater 10.1.3 is said to be included in 10.1.4. I > have several times attempted to run this latter updater, but it always > f...

AutoUpdating Office X
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I have updated Office X for Mac to 10.1.9, but is there supposed to be a AutoUpdate utility for Office X? Or do I have to seek out updates on my own on an ad hoc basis? Entourage is at 10.1.6, Word is at 10.1.8, Excel and powerpoint are are at 10.1.9, but I am as much concerned about security and functional updates (assuming Microsoft pays attention to Office X anymore). Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac, which comes with Office, can keep your Microsoft software up to date. When AutoUpdate is set to check for updates automa...

Custom X-axis

Can I reverse the order of data in a set of cells?
I have a column of cells filed with data. I know I can transpose the data 90 degrees, but is there a way to cut or copy the data in the cells and paste it so the values are in the opposite order, i.e. a 180 degree difference? Thanks to anyone who can help. I am using Excel 2003. One way, insert a new column or use an existing, number it from 1 - n (where n is the last index value you want to reverse the order of, so if your column is 100 rows number the help column 1, 2, 3 - 100) select both columns and sort descending on the help column -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "salwitt"...

CRM 3.0 - Workflow
Hello, I would like to create a task x days before the opportunity estimated close date, using a workflow rule. Do someone know how we can do it ? Perhaps with the new function in CRM 3.0 "substract date and time" but I don't understand how to use it. Thanks for your help. WTCSO There is a "wait for timer" condition to do this. You choose this condition, and then you can set the amount of time to wait, before/after/from now on, and an entity field to check for. In your case you choose 1 day, before, Est.Close Date field. Be sure to check the "reevaluat...

Indeterminate X axis
I am attempting to create a chart with the following data: Clear 51.4 71.0 78.4 86.5 Blue 51.9 79.3 88.7 97.3 Green 51.8 80.9 90.1 98.2 White 51.6 68.9 75.2 81.5 Red 52.7 68.9 75.2 81.5 Black 52.5 76.6 85.2 93.7 Alum Foil 51.4 63.8 69.4 76.1 Clear 51.9 72.3 78.6 86.1 Air 51.3 67.1 71.5 73.7 Elapsed Time(min) 0 45 90 240 I want to have the X-axis plotted in the relative proportion of the Elapsed Time data. When I do the plot, each of the 4 numbers are the same distance apart. Is there a way to do this. Thanks Dot Dot - You need to make an XY Scatter chart, not a Line ch...

How to plot Date Ranges on Same Graph
I'm trying to take our personnel spreadsheet and chart employee arrival and departure data so that we can graphically see where the gaps are and whether or not we need to fill certain positions earlier than expected. When a date changes, the chart needs to automatically re-draw to correct itself. I thought, "oh, this will be easy- I'll simply chart the date ranges with everyone on their own line," and told my boss it would take 5 minutes. Well, that was a week ago! He's getting antsy, and I'm getting embarrassed. So basically, if person X is here from May throu...

Reversal encryption
Hello, I need a good algorithm for encrypting some vital information about my app in an INI file. I have a class for MD5, but it's not reversible. I'd like to use a private or public key to decrypt the text. By the way, what's the difference between private and public key when we talk about encryption? Sugestions, please? I have googled about the public key encryption and found that CryptoAPI is used frequently. Is this API part of the Windows? If not, what I need to use it? "Jeova Almeida" <jeovaalmeida@yahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem news:e1uwDhuTJHA...