Reversing chart

http://www.dbconsult.dk/ms/diagram.jpg shows a diagram and its data.

The A-columnt holds the months for the label at x-axis. (5th month and
6 months backward). The D-column (g/kWh) holds the actual data for the
diagram. This part is fine.

However, it is more intuitive to have the oldest month shown first
(most left) in the diagram. So that the diagram from left to right
shows the months 12 to 5, showing past to present.

Is it possible to have the data shown as they are, but have the chart
to reverse the months?

Regards /Snedker
--
http://www.dbconsult.dk
http://www.vinthervej2.dk [private]

Hi,

Double click the x-axis and on the scale tab of the Format Axis dialog check
both
Categories in Reverse Order
Value (Y) axis crosses at maximum category

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Morten Snedker" <morten_spammenot_ATdbconsult.dk> wrote in message
> http://www.dbconsult.dk/ms/diagram.jpg shows a diagram and its data.
>
> The A-columnt holds the months for the label at x-axis. (5th month and
> 6 months backward). The D-column (g/kWh) holds the actual data for the
> diagram. This part is fine.
>
> However, it is more intuitive to have the oldest month shown first
> (most left) in the diagram. So that the diagram from left to right
> shows the months 12 to 5, showing past to present.
>
> Is it possible to have the data shown as they are, but have the chart
> to reverse the months?
>

> Regards /Snedker
> --
> http://www.dbconsult.dk
> http://www.vinthervej2.dk [private]

0
andy9699 (3616)

Dual boot in reverse
Hello, I have dual boot system: driveC --> WinXP driveD --->Vista Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. How to do that without reinstalling Vista? Your thoughts appreciated, Claire On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:00:12 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have dual boot system: >driveC --> WinXP >driveD --->Vista >Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. >I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. &...

Read series values range of a chart
Is it possible to read the existing range defined in the values under source data/series/Values? The reason is that I have a checkbox to hide/show the value. Since I don't know the range, I want to read and put into a temp variable so that when the user wants to show it again, I can add my temp variable into the values box. Is it doable? Thanks You can parse the series formula. John Walkenbach has a class module which does this for you: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip83.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech...

Excel Chart and Data to PPT
HI! Experts Is it possible with macro to Copy Chart and Range from the Sheets to PPT Means, i have one Workbook With 150 Charts and there data in Different Sheets that means 150 sheet in a workbook. Note- Sheet 1 data Range is A1:B10. I make the Pie Chart in the Same Sheet. My Chart in the Same Sheet in All Sheets i.e 150 Sheets Now, i want to copy these chart and range and Paste into PPT. Chart will Paste to ( Click to Add Title ) portion. And Range Will Paste to (Click to Add Text) Is it Possible with Macro or VBA or i have to go Manually Thanks In Advance Hardeep kanwar ...

Copy Data From Chart to Chart #4
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you Please stop reposting and read the responses you've already received. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Peltie...

Charting from Access
Hi, I have a problem with combining excel charts with access database. All my tables in access have date in first column and some numeric data in the others. I managed to draw the chart but I have problems with axis. y axis should be the value of the bars (data from the tables) and I constantly get dates. Id number column is used for the x axis. Everything is mixed and i don't know how to change all that. I need x axis to be date, y axis to be value and the bars in the chart to represent series that are made from other columns of the table. I can do all this in excel, but I need help wit...

Excel Charts
I am trying to create an Excel line chart with the X-axis being dates. Excel insists on showing every day in the sequence along the axis, and I want to show only the dates for which I have data. This chart covers one year and I don't want 365 date points on the X-axis, only the 59 entries of dates of significance. Please help~ You have a time scale axis. To change it: 1 Right click on chart; select Chart options 2 Open the Axes tab 3 For Category X-axis, select Category rather than Automatic or Time-scale best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps fro...

Full chart view?
When I have the verticle axis set to automatic on the Min & Max range it usually shows a huge distance on the chart because it generally defaults to 0. If the data is 55-100, the chart will start at 0 at the bottom and the 55-100 will be toward the top scrunching the data. Seems like it should size up the data to best fit everything when on the auto setting. I don't want to use a fixed setting because if the data changes then I run into a similar problem. Is there a way to either change the default settings so the charts will automatically size themselves, or something el...

REVERSING TEXT
HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO T.SHIRTS spike <spike@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO > T.SHIRTS YES. PLEASE READ REPLY TO YOUR FIRST POST. Please do not talk in all caps. It is considered shouting and makes your post difficult to read and is rude. Your first message ("how do i reversie pictures and text for printing to t.shirts") is directly below this one and has been answered by yours truly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Excel Only Lets me put 11 items in a chart!
I tried to only put 12 items in a chart for at least 2 hours put Excel only lets me put in 11 items!! Please help! I don't get it because word will let me put at least 12 and more!! I've reimstalled Excel and download all updates and it still doesn't work! -Josh There's a limit to the number of characters that you can enter in the Data Range box. As a workaround, you could define the range of cells that you want to use, and enter the range name in the Data Range box. There are some instructions here for creating a named range: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01...

flip chart
If you are looking for Flipchart Paper in Canada go to www.lebflipchart.ca This is cheapest and largest company that sells Flipchart paper all across Canada. They are 24 hours/7days a week/365 days a year open. Minimum order is 10 pads. the have different sizes and qualities of paper. If you need more info call toll free 1-877-60-PAPER (72737) Sorry Canada only!! ...

Chart data
used the chart wizard to build a chart from a table source, everything here is good. But, when the table is appended with new line data this is not transfered to the chart. How can the chart data source automatically capture the new table line information. It ought to do this automatically, as soon as you re-open the report, unless it's a chart created from a linked Excel Spreadsheet which may be different. What version of Access do you have? Evi "Wigwam" <Wigwam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEE8CA6B-94C4-4E09-B02F-441E4B04ED4C@microsoft.com... >...

Chart is shaded when not selected
I am using XL 2003 SP1. I created a stacked column chart that is located on the same page as the data. When I click off of the chart, it is completely shaded, you cannot see any of the chart detail. When I select the chart you can see the entire chart as you normally would. I have checked the properties for the chart, the background is white, and everything else seems to be in order. If I choose the location of the chart to be on a separate tab, this does not happen. Any ideas? Choose Options on the Tools menu, click on the View tab, and under Objects, choose Show All. - Jon -----...

Office 2003 chart features?
I have been contemplating possibly purchasing Office 2003 and was wondering if there were any major improvements for charting? Any opinions are always greatly appreciated. Thanks. joan Hi Joan/NYC, > I have been contemplating possibly purchasing Office 2003 > and was wondering if there were any major improvements for > charting? No. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel www.BMSLtd.co.uk Thanks Stephen. >-----Original Message----- >Hi Joan/NYC, > >> I have been contemplating possibly purchasing Office 2003 >> and was wondering if there were...

Custom charting
This may be difficult to explain but am going to try :) I need to track "Liaison Costs" and "Sorting Costs" by month. I also need to compare "Liaison Costs" to a budget and generate the difference on the chart for the given month, at the same time displaying a stacked bar that shows the "Liaison Costs" and "Sorting Costs". For example: Jan Feb Mar Liaison Costs 15,000 16,000 9,000 Sorting Costs 6,000 15,000 11,000 Budget 15,000 15,000 15,000 So now I need to plot the char...

Unstacking a series of data on a 3-D chart
I want to stack two series of data in one column and show a third series on the column next to it on a 3-D chart. How do I unstack the third series of data? Try to stagger your data before you build the chart, so where the first two series are stacked, there's no value of the third series, and where there is a third series column, the first two have no values: Series 1 Series 2 Series 3 value value value value value value value value value Make sure your series are plotted by...

Formulas reversed
Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slash has become "multiply" and the star has become "divide". In other words, these two symbols are reversed. Have no idea how this happened. How can it be reversed back to normal? thanks. Please give an example of formula, values of input cells and result of formula -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56D666E-70CD-4E8F-97F9-1FAD9CE92024@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slas...

Dynamic creation of chart
I am trying to set up a worksheets for our customers to select one of our products, the number of units they and then have excell display the total cost for all options, along with the comparison costs for the competition. I can do that fine with an ActiveX object (drop-down box referencing the product data set) and then the (CHOOSE function) times the units to get the result. Now, I need to create a four year Total cost of ownership chart that pulls the raw data into a chart and displays the competitions data. I can create the chart, but I don't know how to set a criteria for di...

Possible to reverse a row of entries?
Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. thanks Rick Hi in B1 enter =OFFET($A$10,-(ROW()-1),0) and copy down for ten rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rs wrote: > Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of > entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through > #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. > > thanks > > Rick Ric...

Reverse arrow for hyperlinks

Reverse engineering
I have to document an Access 97 that has grown like wild blackberries. The database's creator has left us no documentation at all and I would like Visio to extract as much information as possible. So far I have extracted a good UML of the tables. Currently I am doing screen dumps of the forms to show what the screens look like - then pasting them into Visio. What else can I do? Can I extract the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules also - and save and print these out from Visio? Please advise. As I remember there was a "database documenter" with Access. I don...

Only chart numerical values, not error values
In my data series I am using NA() in a formula so that #N/A shows up in the cell. From the website listed below I thought that this would not chart the error values but my charts are still conecting all my marks. Can Excel only show my MIN/MAX marks? =IF($B2=MAX($B2:$B$1562),$B2,NA()) http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FormatMinMax.html Thanks! Hi, If you have #N/A in the cell then the point will not be plotted. But if there is a valid data point(s) after it then the line will be plotted to join those points interpolating the gap in between. It will not leave put a break in the line....

Animated bar Charts
Anyone know how to take a simple bar chart, with say a value of 10 and through the press of a button have it animate and shrink in size down to 5 for example. In other words, I have tons of bars in a "before" case and also an "after" case and I want a macro or code to show the transition between those two. Any Ideas? -- gsimmons2005 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gsimmons2005's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26385 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

How do I create a sales funnel graph/chart with Excel?
CharlesJ - It might help if you describe the kind of chart you want (and the data upon which it is based). A Google search for "sales funnel chart" yields approx. 125,000 results. Some examples seem to be quantitative (with what some chart gurus might regard as unnecessary deception using length and areas), and some seem to be merely line diagrams, not based on numerical data. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com CharlesJ - It might help if you describe the kind of chart you want (and the data upon which it is based). A Google search for "sales funnel chart" yiel...

Can I reverse the order of data in a set of cells?
I have a column of cells filed with data. I know I can transpose the data 90 degrees, but is there a way to cut or copy the data in the cells and paste it so the values are in the opposite order, i.e. a 180 degree difference? Thanks to anyone who can help. I am using Excel 2003. One way, insert a new column or use an existing, number it from 1 - n (where n is the last index value you want to reverse the order of, so if your column is 100 rows number the help column 1, 2, 3 - 100) select both columns and sort descending on the help column -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "salwitt"...

Problem with Powerpoint Chart with RDP /span
I used RDP Session with /span with 2 monitors. When open PowerPoint 2003, insert a chart, click off (i.e. deselect) the chart, font compresses horizontally and the font are not visible correctly. ...