Reverse chart column and row order

I'm running Office 2007 and all my charts are showing up in reverse
order:

I want a bar graph that looks like this:

Series 1 -------------------------------->Column 1
Series 1 ------------------------->Column 2
Series 1 ------------------------------------->Column 3

Series 2 -------------------------------------->Column 1
Series 2------------------>Column 2
Series 2-------------------------->Column 3

What I'm getting is:

Series 2-------------------------->Column 3
Series 2------------------>Column 2
Series 2---------------------->Column 1

D3M ------------------------------------->Column 3
D3M ------------------------->Column 2
D3M -------------------------------->Column 1

All column and row headers are set to General, but I've tried setting
them to text as well.  I need to have the columns in a certain order
for reporting.

I can only switch one column so the other still ends up out of order.
Ideally, I would just be able to click the button like Office 2007
says you're supposed to be able to and it would work.

Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be changed or has anyone
else experienced this problem?

Your description of what you've tried is rather confusing, but what if you
right click on the axis and choose Format Axis. Then on the Axis Options
tab, check the box for Categories in Reverse Order and select the Maximum
for Vertical Axis Crosses.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Divinite" <divinite00@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Office 2007 and all my charts are showing up in reverse
> order:
>
> I want a bar graph that looks like this:
>
> Series 1 -------------------------------->Column 1
> Series 1 ------------------------->Column 2
> Series 1 ------------------------------------->Column 3
>
> Series 2 -------------------------------------->Column 1
> Series 2------------------>Column 2
> Series 2-------------------------->Column 3
>
> What I'm getting is:
>
> Series 2-------------------------->Column 3
> Series 2------------------>Column 2
> Series 2---------------------->Column 1
>
> D3M ------------------------------------->Column 3
> D3M ------------------------->Column 2
> D3M -------------------------------->Column 1
>
> All column and row headers are set to General, but I've tried setting
> them to text as well.  I need to have the columns in a certain order
> for reporting.
>
> I can only switch one column so the other still ends up out of order.
> Ideally, I would just be able to click the button like Office 2007
> says you're supposed to be able to and it would work.
>
> Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be changed or has anyone
> else experienced this problem?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Dual boot in reverse
Hello, I have dual boot system: driveC --> WinXP driveD --->Vista Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. How to do that without reinstalling Vista? Your thoughts appreciated, Claire On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:00:12 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have dual boot system: >driveC --> WinXP >driveD --->Vista >Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. >I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. &...

Finding Duplicated Text within Columns
I'd be grateful if anyone could help me with the following: I have 2 columns, both contain a number of items, some the same, some not; eg: Column A: Column B: Row 1: apple pear orange apple orange Row 2: orange banana banana orange Row 3: peach banana melon grape apple orange I need to compare the columns and find which rows are NOT exactly the same and, preferably, to identify the differences. For instance, in the above example, I would ignore Row 2 as the cells contain the same items (albeit in a different order), but I w...

Read series values range of a chart
Is it possible to read the existing range defined in the values under source data/series/Values? The reason is that I have a checkbox to hide/show the value. Since I don't know the range, I want to read and put into a temp variable so that when the user wants to show it again, I can add my temp variable into the values box. Is it doable? Thanks You can parse the series formula. John Walkenbach has a class module which does this for you: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip83.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech...

Excel Chart and Data to PPT
HI! Experts Is it possible with macro to Copy Chart and Range from the Sheets to PPT Means, i have one Workbook With 150 Charts and there data in Different Sheets that means 150 sheet in a workbook. Note- Sheet 1 data Range is A1:B10. I make the Pie Chart in the Same Sheet. My Chart in the Same Sheet in All Sheets i.e 150 Sheets Now, i want to copy these chart and range and Paste into PPT. Chart will Paste to ( Click to Add Title ) portion. And Range Will Paste to (Click to Add Text) Is it Possible with Macro or VBA or i have to go Manually Thanks In Advance Hardeep kanwar ...

Empty Rows
How can I delete (easy) the empty rows from a worksheet? Thanks You can use 'Go To'>'special'>'blanks' if you are looking for empty cells in a column. When you range is more than one-column and you are looking for rows with all cells blank you can add a new column, concatenate all cells from your range, paste the formula into all rows and then perform 'Go To'>'special'>'blanks' on that column. Alternatively you can use autofilter if your new column is adjacent to your range. regards -- Marcin Try this on a back-up copy: Sele...

Copy Data From Chart to Chart #4
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you Please stop reposting and read the responses you've already received. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Peltie...

Merging Multiple columns into one
How do you reverse the Text to columns function in excel. I need to merge 8 columns into one with out losing any of the data in the columns. I separated and address into multiple columns to do a sort on my worksheet, now I want to merge the address data back together. The long-hand way is to create a 'helper' column and enter a formula to join each column back together. Example: =A1&","&B1&","&C1&","&D1 This would join columns A to D separated with a comma Then simply copy the formula down the column. >-----Original ...

deleting every other cell in a column
I googled this question but am unable to understand how to use the programs (or scripts) offered as a solution. I am looking for a simple solution as I cannot program or use macro's. I want to delete every other cell in a column where the values in these cells happen to be the same three letters: QCO. (I found a solution for deleting every other cell where those cells had no value: Edit/Goto/Special/Blanks/Delete.) Is there a similar set of commands I could use in Excel to delete every other cell in a column where the value in those cells remains constant? thanking all in advance H...

Excel Charts
I am trying to create an Excel line chart with the X-axis being dates. Excel insists on showing every day in the sequence along the axis, and I want to show only the dates for which I have data. This chart covers one year and I don't want 365 date points on the X-axis, only the 59 entries of dates of significance. Please help~ You have a time scale axis. To change it: 1 Right click on chart; select Chart options 2 Open the Axes tab 3 For Category X-axis, select Category rather than Automatic or Time-scale best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps fro...

Charting from Access
Hi, I have a problem with combining excel charts with access database. All my tables in access have date in first column and some numeric data in the others. I managed to draw the chart but I have problems with axis. y axis should be the value of the bars (data from the tables) and I constantly get dates. Id number column is used for the x axis. Everything is mixed and i don't know how to change all that. I need x axis to be date, y axis to be value and the bars in the chart to represent series that are made from other columns of the table. I can do all this in excel, but I need help wit...

Open Order Errors
I get the error message "An error was encountered while attempting retrieve account credit information" every time I open an order followed by "No sales orders can be added at this time....." This has only just started happening and I have rest all my defaults in IE. I have the same access as another user who does not receive this error Help!! ...

REVERSING TEXT
HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO T.SHIRTS spike <spike@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO > T.SHIRTS YES. PLEASE READ REPLY TO YOUR FIRST POST. Please do not talk in all caps. It is considered shouting and makes your post difficult to read and is rude. Your first message ("how do i reversie pictures and text for printing to t.shirts") is directly below this one and has been answered by yours truly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Full chart view?
When I have the verticle axis set to automatic on the Min & Max range it usually shows a huge distance on the chart because it generally defaults to 0. If the data is 55-100, the chart will start at 0 at the bottom and the 55-100 will be toward the top scrunching the data. Seems like it should size up the data to best fit everything when on the auto setting. I don't want to use a fixed setting because if the data changes then I run into a similar problem. Is there a way to either change the default settings so the charts will automatically size themselves, or something el...

Excel Only Lets me put 11 items in a chart!
I tried to only put 12 items in a chart for at least 2 hours put Excel only lets me put in 11 items!! Please help! I don't get it because word will let me put at least 12 and more!! I've reimstalled Excel and download all updates and it still doesn't work! -Josh There's a limit to the number of characters that you can enter in the Data Range box. As a workaround, you could define the range of cells that you want to use, and enter the range name in the Data Range box. There are some instructions here for creating a named range: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01...

Using the fill command is there a way to increase by columns instead of row
If anyone can help thanks Worksheet1 has something like Monday 1-1-04 Tuesday 1-2-04 Wednesday 1-3-04 etc Worksheet 2 has something like 1-1 1-2 1-3 etc 2 3 4 etc 4 5 6 etc 6 8 10 etc When I reference the data in Worksheet 1, in B1 I put =Worksheet2!A5 and when I fill down the formula I get =Worksheet2!A6 in B2 and =Worksheet2!A7 in B3 example: Monday 1-1-04 =Worksheet2!A5 Tuesday 1-2-04 =Worksheet2!A6 Wedne 1-3-04 =Worksheet2!A7 what I'm trying to do is have the info reference like so then the column changes like: Monday 1-1-04 =Worksheet2!A5 Tuesday 1-2-04 =Worksheet2!B5 Wedne 1-3...

Chart data
used the chart wizard to build a chart from a table source, everything here is good. But, when the table is appended with new line data this is not transfered to the chart. How can the chart data source automatically capture the new table line information. It ought to do this automatically, as soon as you re-open the report, unless it's a chart created from a linked Excel Spreadsheet which may be different. What version of Access do you have? Evi "Wigwam" <Wigwam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEE8CA6B-94C4-4E09-B02F-441E4B04ED4C@microsoft.com... >...

flip chart
If you are looking for Flipchart Paper in Canada go to www.lebflipchart.ca This is cheapest and largest company that sells Flipchart paper all across Canada. They are 24 hours/7days a week/365 days a year open. Minimum order is 10 pads. the have different sizes and qualities of paper. If you need more info call toll free 1-877-60-PAPER (72737) Sorry Canada only!! ...

Chart is shaded when not selected
I am using XL 2003 SP1. I created a stacked column chart that is located on the same page as the data. When I click off of the chart, it is completely shaded, you cannot see any of the chart detail. When I select the chart you can see the entire chart as you normally would. I have checked the properties for the chart, the background is white, and everything else seems to be in order. If I choose the location of the chart to be on a separate tab, this does not happen. Any ideas? Choose Options on the Tools menu, click on the View tab, and under Objects, choose Show All. - Jon -----...

POP
Hello all, We have an issue where we have change all our POP numbers to 000000000000010000 and what I want is on the Purchase order report for only the 10000 to show up.. I have tried shrinking the the Po Number field down and it still shows the entire 000000000000010000. I beleive I also have set up the security correct but still shows the same.. TIA ...

Office 2003 chart features?
I have been contemplating possibly purchasing Office 2003 and was wondering if there were any major improvements for charting? Any opinions are always greatly appreciated. Thanks. joan Hi Joan/NYC, > I have been contemplating possibly purchasing Office 2003 > and was wondering if there were any major improvements for > charting? No. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel www.BMSLtd.co.uk Thanks Stephen. >-----Original Message----- >Hi Joan/NYC, > >> I have been contemplating possibly purchasing Office 2003 >> and was wondering if there were...

Custom charting
This may be difficult to explain but am going to try :) I need to track "Liaison Costs" and "Sorting Costs" by month. I also need to compare "Liaison Costs" to a budget and generate the difference on the chart for the given month, at the same time displaying a stacked bar that shows the "Liaison Costs" and "Sorting Costs". For example: Jan Feb Mar Liaison Costs 15,000 16,000 9,000 Sorting Costs 6,000 15,000 11,000 Budget 15,000 15,000 15,000 So now I need to plot the char...

Formulas reversed
Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slash has become "multiply" and the star has become "divide". In other words, these two symbols are reversed. Have no idea how this happened. How can it be reversed back to normal? thanks. Please give an example of formula, values of input cells and result of formula -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56D666E-70CD-4E8F-97F9-1FAD9CE92024@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slas...

Unstacking a series of data on a 3-D chart
I want to stack two series of data in one column and show a third series on the column next to it on a 3-D chart. How do I unstack the third series of data? Try to stagger your data before you build the chart, so where the first two series are stacked, there's no value of the third series, and where there is a third series column, the first two have no values: Series 1 Series 2 Series 3 value value value value value value value value value Make sure your series are plotted by...

Dynamic creation of chart
I am trying to set up a worksheets for our customers to select one of our products, the number of units they and then have excell display the total cost for all options, along with the comparison costs for the competition. I can do that fine with an ActiveX object (drop-down box referencing the product data set) and then the (CHOOSE function) times the units to get the result. Now, I need to create a four year Total cost of ownership chart that pulls the raw data into a chart and displays the competitions data. I can create the chart, but I don't know how to set a criteria for di...

SUm function and adding rows
Is there a way to get the SUM function to increase the range if a row is added right above the previous SUM range. FOr example to go from SUM(C3, C22) to SUM (C3, C23) when I insert a row directly above row 24 - wher the SUM function resides. You could use a formula like this in C23: =SUM(C2:OFFSET(C23,-1,0)) FredZack wrote: > > Is there a way to get the SUM function to increase the range if a row is > added right above the previous SUM range. FOr example to go from SUM(C3, C22) > to SUM (C3, C23) when I insert a row directly above row 24 - wher the SUM >...