reverse axis not working as before...

This code "worked" in 2003, but doesn't "work" in 2007...

In this context, "worked" means that in 2003, the X axis for both Y axes
were reversed, as requested.  In 2007, only the X axis for the primary Y
axis is reversed, with the X axis for the secondary Y axis remains the
same (but the labels are reversed, so the graph looks odd and is hard/
impossible to interpret properly).

Also, the line marked with <<<<'s throws an error in 2007 but worked in
2003.  Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!
Bruce

    Charts.Add
    ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter
    ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets(mainsheet$).Range("E:G"),
PlotBy:=xlColumns
    ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsNewSheet, Name:="tempsal"
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Select
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).AxisGroup = 2
    ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select
    With ActiveChart
        .HasTitle = True
        .ChartTitle.Characters.Text = cruiseid$
        .ChartTitle.AutoScaleFont = False
        .Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
        .Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = "Distance
(km)"
    End With
    With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue)
        .HasMajorGridlines = False
        .HasMinorGridlines = False
    End With
    ActiveChart.HasLegend = False
    ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select
    With Selection.Border
        .ColorIndex = 16
        .Weight = xlThin
        .LineStyle = xlContinuous
    End With
    With Selection.Interior
        .ColorIndex = 2
        .PatternColorIndex = 1
        .Pattern = xlSolid
    End With
    With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory)
        .HasMajorGridlines = False
        .HasMinorGridlines = False
        .MinimumScale = 0
        .MaximumScale = 350
        .MinorUnitIsAuto = True
        .MajorUnitIsAuto = True
        .Crosses = xlAutomatic
        .ReversePlotOrder = True
'        .ScaleType = xlLinear          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    End With
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).AxisGroup = 1
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).AxisGroup = 2
    With ActiveChart
        .Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
        .Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = "Salinity
(ppt)"
        .Axes(xlValue, xlSecondary).HasTitle = True
        .Axes(xlValue, xlSecondary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text =
"Temperature (degrees c)"
    End With
    For i = 1 To 2
        ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(i).Select
        With Selection.Border
            .Weight = xlThin
            .LineStyle = xlAutomatic
        End With
        With Selection
            .MarkerStyle = xlNone
            .Smooth = False
            .MarkerSize = 5
            .Shadow = False
        End With
    Next i
0
bbowler (11)

Dual boot in reverse
Hello, I have dual boot system: driveC --> WinXP driveD --->Vista Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. How to do that without reinstalling Vista? Your thoughts appreciated, Claire On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:00:12 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have dual boot system: >driveC --> WinXP >driveD --->Vista >Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. >I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. &...

does IIS server effect the Outlook working
My outlook is working for incoming emails but not for outgoing emails. incoming= POP3 = port:110 Outgoing= SMTP = port: 80 iis server is using the same port no. 80 is it a problem Currently i am having .NET in my system does it affect Outlook work. I am using Godaddy server, incoming: mail.cybersoftdesigns.com outgoing: smtpout.securesrver.net Help me. Did you activate SMTP relay on your GoDaddy account? By the way, the ports GoDaddy supports is 25, 80, and 3535 for smtpout.secureserver.net. If the above question is a yes, give 3535 a shot. (By the way, I took this from http://help.g...

Links and pictures stopped working in Outlook 2007
I'm running Outlook 2007 under Vista Home Premium. Browser in IE7. Today no pictures will download in my email, and none of the links in the messages work. Pictures that were in messages in my Inbox yesterday have been replaced by red Xs and links that worked no longer work. I've tried turning off firewalls, anti-virus etc. to no avail. Help!! All was fine when I switched off the PC last night, now all has gone pear-shaped! -- Christine cmoon@fojd.org.uk www.fojd.org.uk I should add that "Office Diagnostics" has also stopped working. Outlook seems to have no conn...

Exchange 2003
I have two Exchange servers, Exchange2003 and Exchange2003Remote. I am trying to create a recipient policy to stamp an additional SMTP address on mailboxes located on Exchange2003Remote. After I create the policy (called RemoteDomain) specifying the remote server where the mailboxes reside I apply the policy and wait for the additional addresses to be added to the mailboxes - no addresses are stamped. I current have a LegacyDN policy with the Highest Priority from our old Exchange 5.5 migration, the RemoteDomain policy with the next highest priority and finally the Default policy. Any as...

How can I set a break on the Y-axis of an excel graph?
Hello, I would appreciate any tips as to how I can set a break on the Y-axis of an excel graph? Im using a vertical bar graph. Thank you very much! Hala DC See Broken y axis http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/index.html Also, Jon Peltier has an example on his site at www.peltiertech.com. You'll have to find the exact page. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <BDD634EB-85C3-4A07-B666-B68EBC066878@microsoft.com>, "=?Utf-8?B? SGFsYSBEQ...

MFC Application working in background.
Hi, I am fairly newbie to MFC, i would like to know if there is any way that my MFC Application works in background, no any form. I placed that code in InitInstance () but program crashes. I have an endless while loop for background working, Why i cant place that loop in InitInstance(). Any Idea? Thanks in advance Fahad Ashfaque fahad_ashfaque@yahoo.com Do you mean you want a GUI-less application that runs in the background - if so you should take a look at Windows Services. On the other hand if you mean you want to have an MFC app with a GUI 9that does a background task) then you ...

Bubble Graph where Both Axis are Categories
Hi there, I would like to use a bubble graph where the two axis are categories and not values. Only the size of the bubble will depend on values. Can anyone tell me how this works? Thanks for any hints! ...

Change Y axis to X axis
Hi, i have a 18KB excel file @ www.geocities.com/ricerox008/book1.xl i want to reverse the X and Y axis, so that time is shown on the X axis and volume is shown on the y axis. i have tried for *AGES* to do this, but i cant please help me, either by email or on here.. (MSN is also ok thanks, Rice Haven't downloaded the file; don't intend to. Select the chart, then the menu item Chart | Source Data... | Series tab. Exchange the contents of the Value (Y) and Category (X) fields. Or... Put the data you want to be the x-values in some column. In the column to the right (in a left...

3 axis graphy
Is it possible to create a 3 line axis graph.....info on the left, bottom & right? If so, please explain how. Thank you. LaTracy McGhee Hi, If it's a tertiary axis your after then Jon has a explanation of how to construct one. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/TertiaryAxis.html If its just left and right axis labelling then this tip is really for secondary xaxis but if you stop halfway through you will have the 3 elements described. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm LaTracy wrote: > Is it possible to create a 3 line axis graph.....info on the left, bottom & ...

time scale axis
When I change my X axis to time scale, it changes my axis dates to 1/1/1900. When I try to fix this, it scrunches all my data points up to the left. What the heck am I doing wrong? Sounds like Excel doesn't recognize your category labels as numerical dates. In this case, it treats the categories as 1, 2, 3, etc, and Excel thinks day 1 is 1/1/1900. Remove the horizontal alignment from the cells with dates. Are they all right aligned? Any which are not are text. To convert them to numerical dates, assuming they are otherwise recognizable to Excel, format the cells as dates (Format...

Line break in X-axis column label?
I have a chart with the data shown in columns. I am trying to format my data column in the worksheet so the column label on the X-axis has a line break that makes sense. I want: Run 1 - 1843 RPM but I can't force a break after the hyphen in the worksheet, so I'm getting Run 1 - 1843 RPM. Is there any way to force this line break so it shows up on my chart? Ed Ed, a line break within a worksheet cell can be forced with <Alt><Enter> (keep the Alt-button pressed while hitting <Enter>). I believe this will be reflected in your chart category label. GL, Henk ...

A search for $ in a formula use to work now it does not work
Using Find $256 on a column or columns in Excel, that contains formulas used to work but now I am getting a message that says ...detected that your search contains formatting symbols. Any Ideas as to why it is not working now. Find/Replace won't find $256 if its 256 formatted to look like dollars. Use 256 instead. -- Gary''s Student "JuneJuly" wrote: > Using Find $256 on a column or columns in Excel, that contains formulas used > to work but now I am getting a message that says ...detected that your search > contains formatting symbols. Any Ideas as ...

REVERSING TEXT
HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO T.SHIRTS spike <spike@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO > T.SHIRTS YES. PLEASE READ REPLY TO YOUR FIRST POST. Please do not talk in all caps. It is considered shouting and makes your post difficult to read and is rude. Your first message ("how do i reversie pictures and text for printing to t.shirts") is directly below this one and has been answered by yours truly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Consuming Axis 1.2 Service with .net vb client
Hi, I have a problem consuming a webservice using a .net client written in vb. I used a wsdl to generate the proxy class and it worked like a charm. Sending requests to the service is not a problem. Even complex custom types are received and processed by the service. When it comes to receive the response from the service, complex types produce an error like: Error in xml document (1,130), which occurs in System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events) bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize...

What kind of files can I import and work with in Publisher?
You can insert most image files and paste text from Word and several other Wordprossessors. If creating a website, you can also create links to any type file but the visitor would need the program that created them to open them. -- Don Vancouver USA "Chris G" <Chris G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E364986-DA3E-4B7A-998D-43E9D98720B6@microsoft.com... > ...

my work email
I have my user name my password and even my computer sign on name and password how can I get my email when I am at home..??? More information is needed to answer your question. Read one or more of the below links then post back. How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Good Post http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm "Tonya" <Tonya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A654BA39-5830-492C-8280-DF7D4CBF2DE0@microsoft.com... >I have my user nam...

Outlook doesn't work #2
Have installed Office xp pro with frontpage. All other programmes work. But Outlook doesn't. There are no Icons on the main page ( for starting calendar, ect) When I try to start any New contact or task I get error message that : "Cannot Find item please try again". This a new PC which came with Office 2003(trial) which I have deleted. Office XP Professional with FrontPage is a widely pirated Enterprise only version of Office. I suggest you purchase a valid, legal retail copy. You get what you pay for, in this case, nothing but problems. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Possible to reverse a row of entries?
Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. thanks Rick Hi in B1 enter =OFFET($A$10,-(ROW()-1),0) and copy down for ten rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rs wrote: > Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of > entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through > #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. > > thanks > > Rick Ric...

Excel Cell Protection not Working
Hi All, I am experiencing a problem with Excel cell locking / sheet protection. When I format a range of cells to be locked and then protect the sheet. Only the very first cell selected out of the wider selection becomes read-only. If I unlock this cell then select all the other cells then protect, none of them become read-only. Therefore the protected cell is not moving but instead becomes just one cell on the sheet every time if it is locked. Any ideas? Regards, Sean Usual procedure is.................. CTRL + a to select all cells. Format>Cells>Protection.........

Reverse arrow for hyperlinks

Hyperlinks not working in XP/IE for OUTLOOK
When I click on a hyperlink in a HTML format email it does not open IE and take me to the link. are you using a pop up stopper program? disable it. "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08cf01c3d597$9fee2bf0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I click on a hyperlink in a HTML format email it > does > not open IE and take me to the link. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on a hyperlink in a HTML format email it >does >not open IE and take me to the link. >. >Hold down the shift key and click the hyperlink , then ...

COLORS ON X AXIS
I am working on a bar chart that lists the # of schools on the x axis and total sales on the y axis. Since there are numerous schools, I noticed the colors of the bars are repeating themselves. I would like to make is so the first group is solid, the second one pattern and the third another. I hope I didn't confuse you too much...... thanks On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Kathy <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am working on a bar chart that lists the # of schools on the x axis and >total sales on the y axis. Since there are numerous s...

Reverse engineering
I have to document an Access 97 that has grown like wild blackberries. The database's creator has left us no documentation at all and I would like Visio to extract as much information as possible. So far I have extracted a good UML of the tables. Currently I am doing screen dumps of the forms to show what the screens look like - then pasting them into Visio. What else can I do? Can I extract the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules also - and save and print these out from Visio? Please advise. As I remember there was a "database documenter" with Access. I don...

Rules not working selecting by account
After upgrading office staff from Outlook 2000 (SR1) being the most reliable version ever issued I find that rules along the lines of "Move email which comes via this account" are no longer reliable. Situation is SBS2000 with Exchange 2000 - all SBS Service Packs fitted. Using Outlook 2000 these rules never missed a beat - always sorted emails for user B account into user B folder. Outlook XP (2002) often [say 30% of the time] will fail to move user B emails according to the rule - these all end up in the User A Inbox and so far I can not see any correlation between other ev...

AutoSummarize not work
I try to access the autosummarize tool box but always I have no dialog box appear. I coudn't do work it . please tell me what shall i do? Are you using Word 2007? It seems as if the feature is no longer supported in that version. Although you can add the AutoSummary Tools command to the Quick Access Toolbar, nothing happens when you click AutoSummary Tools | Auto Summarize. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Moataz" <Moataz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13E5455D-1AA0-4B32-AAFB-6F70E67D99B6@microsoft.com...