Resizing trendline title in legend

G'day,

Im having trouble resizing the legend from 3 lines to 1. I have used a
scatter chart and then Add Trendline>Moving average. The legend that
is auto-generated is

"10 per. Mov. Avg. (PROJECTED
INITIAL
YELD"

The title is broken up into 3 lines as above, and no matter how much I
resize or how much big I make the legend area or how small the font,
it INSISTS on using 3 lines.

Because the title is auto-generated (10 per. Mov. Avg.....) there is
nowhere where I can actually edit the title eg make it shorter, or
remove the alt-enter line breaks (if thats what it is). The legend
title does not appear in chart option>legend label or axis-labels. It
doesnt appear anywhere except on the graph in the legend.

And the whole title should definitely fit on one line because there is
plenty of space and Ive seen it on another graph but cant replicate
it.

Your help is much appreciated,

Double click on the trendline, and on the Options tab, enter a Custom name
in the input box provided.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

<rudolf.hever@gmail.com> wrote in message

> G'day,
>
> Im having trouble resizing the legend from 3 lines to 1. I have used a
> scatter chart and then Add Trendline>Moving average. The legend that
> is auto-generated is
>
> "10 per. Mov. Avg. (PROJECTED
> INITIAL
> YELD"
>

> The title is broken up into 3 lines as above, and no matter how much I
> resize or how much big I make the legend area or how small the font,
> it INSISTS on using 3 lines.
>
> Because the title is auto-generated (10 per. Mov. Avg.....) there is
> nowhere where I can actually edit the title eg make it shorter, or
> remove the alt-enter line breaks (if thats what it is). The legend
> title does not appear in chart option>legend label or axis-labels. It
> doesnt appear anywhere except on the graph in the legend.
>
> And the whole title should definitely fit on one line because there is
> plenty of space and Ive seen it on another graph but cant replicate
> it.
>

> Your help is much appreciated,

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
5/17/2007 2:07:34 PM
Worked like a charm, thank you very much Jon!

On May 18, 12:07 am, "Jon Peltier" <jonxlmv...@SPAMpeltiertech.com>
wrote:
> Double click on the trendline, and on the Options tab, enter a Custom name
> in the input box provided.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutionshttp://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>
> <rudolf.he...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > G'day,
>
> > Im having trouble resizing the legend from 3 lines to 1. I have used a
> > scatter chart and then Add Trendline>Moving average. The legend that
> > is auto-generated is
>
> > "10 per. Mov. Avg. (PROJECTED
> > INITIAL
> > YELD"
>
> > The title is broken up into 3 lines as above, and no matter how much I
> > resize or how much big I make the legend area or how small the font,
> > it INSISTS on using 3 lines.
>
> > Because the title is auto-generated (10 per. Mov. Avg.....) there is
> > nowhere where I can actually edit the title eg make it shorter, or
> > remove the alt-enter line breaks (if thats what it is). The legend
> > title does not appear in chart option>legend label or axis-labels. It
> > doesnt appear anywhere except on the graph in the legend.
>
> > And the whole title should definitely fit on one line because there is
> > plenty of space and Ive seen it on another graph but cant replicate
> > it.
>
> > Your help is much appreciated,- Hide quoted text -

Chart axis titles/labels
Hi, On a chart i have 3 levels of titles labelling the x axis. When i try to change the alignment on the title/labels, only the first level (closest to the axis) changes, is there a way of changing the next level up and so forth? am thinking probably through vb? many thanks ahead Ali - I have an example on my web site for making staggered axis labels: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Staggered.html The technique makes use of a dummy series, which is invisible but which has data labels attached to the invisible points. You don't want your labels staggered, but...

Trendline on stacked bar graph
Hello How can you add a trendline to a stacked bar graph? Thanks -- Joni ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Joni's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513635 Keep in mind that a stacked chart depicts a sum of one or more series, not just each series. Trendlines only work on individual series. You could either generate trendlines for each series on a non-stacked basis, or you could add dummy line chart series to the stacked column chart...

problem with resizing
Hi! I'm writing a MDI application. Child window is splitted in three panes. In the one pane I've got a FormView with some buttons. How to do, that this FormView was in the center of a pane (even during resizing )? And the second problem, how to do, that during resizing, splitters dividing window were always in the same places? Please, help me. I would be appreciate. bart ...

resizing problems
I am using OpenGL in my MFC app. The problem is when I resize the window from the left or top border the whole scene of my OpenGL moves even before my OnPaint event handler is called and when my OnPaint is called after this it repaints the scene so this produces a flicker. If, however I resize the window from the right or bottom border this problem doen't occur. Can anybody please tell me what is happening? Thank you ...

Bitmap resize on same DC
I am a little be confused! I have a custom control with a bitmap inside I create the bitmap with this code ************************************************* CClientDC dc(this) ; if (m_dcGrid.GetSafeHdc() == NULL) { m_dcGrid.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc) ; m_bitmapGrid.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, m_nClientWidth,m_nClientHeight) ; m_pbitmapOldGrid = m_dcGrid.SelectObject(&m_bitmapGrid) ; } ************************************************ and in OnPaint i have: ************************************************ CPaintDC dc(this) ; // device context for painting CDC memDC ; CBit...

Return Title to matched column
I have a spreedsheet of data. Bsically it contains various products and various suppliers. The products are listed down the left side and the suppliers along the top row. There is obviously more than one price per product ie from each individual supplier. I have set up a basic min function to return the cheapest price and a VERY complicated IF set of formulas to return the suppliers names at present. However my biggest problem at theminute is that i have more than 7 suppliesr and wish to simply get the minimum number in the row to be represented by the cheapest suppliers name in a set...

CStatic derived dialog and auto-resize
Hi, I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size dynamically. I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. >I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I >mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size >dynamically. >I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. You can resize a window by using the SetWindowPos or MoveWindow APIs. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Reversing Legend Order
I've just built a whisker & box chart by using the x-y scatterplot chart-type and connecting the plotted variables. The boxes are stacked vertically so I've put my legend to the right of the chart area. However, the legend is in the opposite order to the boxes. Is there any way I can reverse the order of the legend so that the label currently uppermost is at the bottom & vice versa? This way I could arrange the legend so each label was directly opposite the related box plot. Any help greatly appreciated, Jay Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:27:34 +0100 from Jay <dummy@dummy...

auto resize text without resizing cell in excel
format|cells|alignment tab|check "shrink to fit" Ferd wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

How to resize a CTreeCtl when the dialog window is resized
Hello, Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Linda >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyone have any >suggestions? > >Thanks, >Linda > >. You can handle the message WM_SIZE of dialog to change the size of CTreeCtrl. Use message mapping. Then call the MoveWindow function to change the size: CTreeCtrl::MoveWindow(x, y, width, height) >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyo...

Color of IE Title Bar
I have a client that wants to change the color of the IE Tile Bar based on the form that is open(different color for Opportunity/Account etc). I can do this my manually modifying the aspx file but would prefer to do it with an on open event using javascript. Does anybody have a sample of how to change the color of the IE Title bar? -- Regards, Robert McPherson Candlewest Systems Group Robert, I'm not familiar of any way to change the color of an IE Title bar programatically or by even coding that into a page. I'm under the impression that that's a window's UI setting....

Drop Down box resizing on open
I'm using Excel 2000 and have created a workbook with lots of drop down boxes which keep resizing when I open up the sheet. I have the drop downs in column B, with linked cells in column A with IF's in column D based on column's A values. I have macro's running in the background autofitting column D (the IF variables can give results which range from 1-10 lines taken from another sheet). The drop down boxes have been positioned in the lower half of the cells so the cell contents can be read. I have made sure that each drop down box has 'move but dont size with cells&...

Resizing trendline title in legend
G'day, Im having trouble resizing the legend from 3 lines to 1. I have used a scatter chart and then Add Trendline>Moving average. The legend that is auto-generated is "10 per. Mov. Avg. (PROJECTED INITIAL YELD" The title is broken up into 3 lines as above, and no matter how much I resize or how much big I make the legend area or how small the font, it INSISTS on using 3 lines. Because the title is auto-generated (10 per. Mov. Avg.....) there is nowhere where I can actually edit the title eg make it shorter, or remove the alt-enter line breaks (if thats what it is). The ...

Excel 2002. How do you reorder a chart legend?
Double click one of the data series and change the order on the Series Order tab. Note you can only change the order within the same chart type and on the same axis. Cheers Andy YellowShaftedFlicker wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Resizable CPropertySheet In Resizable CFormView
I'm trying to build an MFC-based SDI app that has a look somewhat like that shown by Joseph M. Newcomer at http://www.flounder.com/proppage.gif in his page "The Graphical Developer Interface" ( http://www.flounder.com/gdi.htm ). The property sheet and the pages in it should be resizable, and it's the resizing that I'm having problems with. I selected a CFormView-based application and put a CPropertySheet in it, with appropriate pages. (I selected a CFormView over a dialog-based app because I wanted the framework's support for all the things you don't get with a...

how do you make a graph legend sort high to low?
When I'm graphing, the default for the legend seems to show the item with the lowest value at the top. I resort the data, but no matter what I do, the item with the lowest value remains at the top of the legend. I really want it to sort in descending order, but can't find any option to remedy. Thanks, David Maerzke Hi David, The Legend is sorted by series order. You can change this by selecting a series, and using Format - Selected Data Series... click on the Series Order tab and move up or down. Ed Ferrero http://www.edferrero.com > When I'm graphing, the default for ...

Why is the Print Titles section grayed out?
When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is grayed out. Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. Or if you have multiple worksheets grouped and go through File|page setup. Cindy N wrote: > > When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is > grayed out. -- Dave Peterson Thanks, Dave. That was it. I was in preview. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. > > Or if you have multiple worksheets grou...

Can I automatically resize all controls in a Dialog without adding user codes
Dear All, Can I design a Dialog that automatically resizes all controls when the Dialog is being resized? Many thanks, Yes. You can resize or move them as you wish by handling OnSize of the dialog. SetWindowPos can be used to change the size and/or position. Here is a helpful link: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/resizabledialog.asp --- Ajay No. You must explicitly take action on the OnSize handler to resize them. Sometimes, there are packages called "geometry managers" that make this fairly straightforward (check www.codeproject.com and www.codeguru.com for examples)...

resize
trying to resize a template from 1 to 1 to 1 to 10. it has a frame around the page and every time i resize, it resizes the frame to make it really small in the corner. is there a way this can be locked? thanku sounds like the frame may be associated with a background page, that often happens with some materials that I put together. Al "Harry Archer" <ha092003@removehotmail.com> wrote in message news:eDkN9%23pqDHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > trying to resize a template from 1 to 1 to 1 to 10. it has a frame around > the page and every time i resize, it resizes the f...

In Excel, sorting columns automatically by clicking column title
I need to create an Excel worksheet that the whole document can be automatically sorted when the user clicks on one of column titles. My thought is that the column titles would, in a sense, be buttons that can be depressed, thereby sorting the entire document based on the column clicked on. Kind of like MS Outlooks way of organizing e-mail. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Destiny, You could record a macro that sorts the table, then put a button in the header and assign the button to that macro. Do do the sort carefully -- Please. Use Data - Sort, not the toolbar buttons, ...

Sub/Superscripting should work in Excel Legends/Axis Labels
When creating a Chart or Graph in Excel, and you are using Chemical Symbols, the axis label and the legend label should honor subscripting and superscripting. Water should not appear as H2O, but rather should have the ability to subscript the 2. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Access 2007: Resizing one textbox resizes all
Created a new form, all textboxes were auto-created from the Data Source table. Now, I want to resize some of the textboxes to smaller and larger. When I give focus to one textbox and drag to resize, all textboxes automatically get focus and resize as well. Or, when I change the textbox width in the Properties for one text box, all of them change. Never saw this behavior in Access 2003. A2007 has a new feature for linking all the controls. Sometimes a very handy feature, sometimes not so handy. To remove the linking, select one of the linked controls, go to the arrange m...

Resize CToolBar?
I've got a problem with CToolBar (MFC). Im trying to change the toolbar resource at runtime using LoadToolbar(). The "new" toolbar is loaded ok, but the width of the old layout remains (the buttons to the far left are hidden). If I grab the toolbar and drag it, it is updated to the new width. Is there a CToolBar method I can use to update it? I've tried SetSizes() with no luck. Try calling RecalcLayout(). Tom "Fredrik" <eelector@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e3787004.0502230411.620d8144@posting.google.com... > I've got a problem with CToolBar...

Cell contents not appearing in title bar
When I highlight a cell the contents don't appear in the line at the top so that I can edit them Hi maybe the sheet is protected? >-----Original Message----- >When I highlight a cell the contents don't appear in the line at the top so >that I can edit them >. > The cell contents are not supposed to appear in the Title bar. They appear in the Formula bar. To display the formula bar, click on View | Formula Bar. "petersmyth1" wrote: > When I highlight a cell the contents don't appear in the line at the top so > that I can edit them If your...

Resizing?
Hello, can onyone explain in brief how to do sizing in MFC? How large MFC-based products supports resizable windows/controls, i.e. gui elements? I found nothing worth in MFC/MSDN. For example, How photoshop does sizing its tool windows? Macromedia Dreamweaver, CoolEdit, SoundForge? Do they programmed sizing by hand? I know VCL sizing (anchors or aligned container panels), layout managers in Swing/Java. What about MFC? I am not exactly sure what you are asking. You start off by placing controls in the form(dialog) in resource editor. This is a manual process. It can be automated but a lot of i...