resize chart #2

i want to resize a pie chart in excel without resizing the space around it.
ie i want the border around the chart to fit closely to the chart. any ideas?
0
Ayesha (7)

Hi,

You can resize the actual pie part of the chart by selecting the
plotarea (square box bounding the slices).

Select the chart and use the Up/Down cursor key to cycle thru the chart
elements. Once the plotarea is selected you can drag to resize.

Or use the chart toolbar to select the plotarea.

Or to click it, image the pie is in a box so click a corner area close
to the slices at roughly the 2,5,7 or 11 o'clock positions.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

How do I alter the value of a data point in a chart series
How do I alter the value of a data point in a chart series You can change the value in the cell that the point represents. In Excel 2003 and earlier, you can select the point (single click to select the series, then single click again to select the point), then when the cursor turns into a double or quadruple arrow, click on the point and drag it. This capability was removed from Excel 2007. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "IanU" <IanU@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

problem with resizing
Hi! I'm writing a MDI application. Child window is splitted in three panes. In the one pane I've got a FormView with some buttons. How to do, that this FormView was in the center of a pane (even during resizing )? And the second problem, how to do, that during resizing, splitters dividing window were always in the same places? Please, help me. I would be appreciate. bart ...

resizing problems
I am using OpenGL in my MFC app. The problem is when I resize the window from the left or top border the whole scene of my OpenGL moves even before my OnPaint event handler is called and when my OnPaint is called after this it repaints the scene so this produces a flicker. If, however I resize the window from the right or bottom border this problem doen't occur. Can anybody please tell me what is happening? Thank you ...

chart without figures
I have two pieces of info that give a yes and sometimes result. one relates to a method, the other to when to use. i have done the table, but want to know it i can make a chart to show this What does the table look like? What would you show on the chart? What would be on the x-axis? The y-axis? -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 double-click to format may not work; right click and select from the menu "Caz M" wrote: > I have two pieces of info that give a yes and sometimes resul...

Macros Disabled #2
Hello, I have a user running Excel 2000 on a Win 2000 sp3 machine. She has a file with several macros. The file is a form with data fields for names, numbers, etc. As soon as she enters any data and clicks the tab button to go to the next field, she gets an error message that the Macros have been disabled and the Tab key won't go to the next field. She emailed me the file and when I open it on my machine (same setup), I first get asked if I want to enable the macros. I say Yes - and everything works fine. I emailed the file back to the user, but it's still broken on her...

Difference between 2 excel spreadsheet
Someone has given me two exported results from a query in CSV format. Is there any easy way in Excel to find out whether they are exaactly the same (ie all rows and columns matched) ? Thanks Here is one way (but, there's probably a better way): Load both csv files into the same workbook either as seperate sheets o on the same sheet. I would probably use seperate sheets so that I coul reference any differences a little easier. (A1 on sheet 1 should = A on sheet 2) Then insert a "difference" sheet (SHEET3) and in A1 use this formula: =IF(SHEET1!A1=SHEET2!A1,1,0) Then sel...

Bitmap resize on same DC
I am a little be confused! I have a custom control with a bitmap inside I create the bitmap with this code ************************************************* CClientDC dc(this) ; if (m_dcGrid.GetSafeHdc() == NULL) { m_dcGrid.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc) ; m_bitmapGrid.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, m_nClientWidth,m_nClientHeight) ; m_pbitmapOldGrid = m_dcGrid.SelectObject(&m_bitmapGrid) ; } ************************************************ and in OnPaint i have: ************************************************ CPaintDC dc(this) ; // device context for painting CDC memDC ; CBit...

Series in a Bar chart
Hi I have a bar chart which contains 3 lots of data. There is the name of the product on the x axis, the number of products available in the y axis, and I want the legend on the bar graph to show the oldest date of the products available. I have looked a the series formula but cannot get it to show the oldest date of the product. I can make it show the number of products, or show both the number of products and the oldest date, but not just the oldest date. Does anyone know how to do this please? -- Naina ...

Store 1 and Store 2 Journal
How I can see Global customer Store 1 Journal in Store 2? I have RMS-HQ. thanks, William ...

Format Pie Chart
I am using Excel 2007 and cannot figure out how to change the fill colors in a pie chart. I would like each slice of the pie to be different colors that I specify. It appears that I can only use the standard color formats or fill the pie chart with all one color? Hi, You should be able to select each slice in turn and apply the required formatting. To select a slice click the pie once, which selects the series, and then select the individual slice. Cheers Andy am wrote: > I am using Excel 2007 and cannot figure out how to change the fill colors in > a pie chart. I would like...

VISIO 2003 #2
Hello, my student version of visio wont connect to the web, is there someone thet knows how to get irt registered? I obviously can connect to the internet so please dont ask that. Thank You, Dave Casper Visio 2003 requires product activation before the full functionality of the software is unlocked. After Visio is installed you can go to the Help menu and choose Activate Product to complete this process. If you are connected to the web, activation will then happen automatically. Otherwise, you will be presented with a product ID and a telephone number to call for activation. Regis...

Out of memory #2
I have a worksheet with several macros. When I cycle through them on my fifth attempt I get the message "out of memory". Is there any way I can avoid this problem beside exiting and relaunching excel. Regards, Harry -- Harrymo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Harrymo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30620 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=504800 Harry, Rewrite the macros? Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "Har...

Sorting LISTs #2
Hi, I have a table with multiple lists. How do I sort one column and have the rows moved with it? Selecting the entire sheet or the table greys out 'Sort' under the Data menu. For eg, List1: Name, List2: Company they belong to, List3: State How do I sort one column and have the entire row carried with it? If there is an option to Sort by List1 first and then by List2 etc it will be great. Is there a work around without having to unList the data? Thanks in advance! Select all of the data within the Lists area, the sort is then valid for it's usual 3 keys. Tia Wrote: >...

Money Lifetime Planner #2
Looking at all these postings, did I miss a successor to Lifetime Planner? The brokerage houses all seem to have at least one. Anybody have any experience they care to share? Thanks On Sep 24, 12:12=A0pm, jsignom <jsig...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Looking at all these postings, did I miss a successor to Lifetime > Planner? > The brokerage houses all seem to have at least one. Anybody have any > experience they care to share? > > Thanks I've looked and looked and never found a suitable successor to Money's Lifetime Planner. I ended up going with Quicken...it does...

USER LIMIT #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C75A84.B29FF9C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all! I'm using great plains 9.0 standard and I was wodering if there's a way = to get an higher user limit. I don't want to merge to pro version. So = can I buy GP licenses or something like that? Regards Julien ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C75A84.B29FF9C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "...

Enter data on to a speadsheet using a VBA form #2
Hi, can any help need to be able to enter data onto a worksheet using a VB form. ...

Copying charts/data
Hi all, I apologise if this has been asked before: I could not find any reference. I have a workbook with about 50 sheets on which I need to plot the same range of cells (Q49:T206) on an embedded chart in each sheet showing the different data in the sheets. If I just copy the chart & data then paste it into each of the other sheets, it references the original data uniquely. Is there a simple way of doing what I need with vba? Or do I have to change all 4 series on each sheet manually? thanks in advance for any help remove the obvious if replying Paul Paul, Assuming you alrea...

Security #2
What setting keeps users frombeing able to open anyone's mailbox? Is it in Active Directory? Store (mailbox) permissions. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "nick" <cipher7836@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156980886.800661.144130@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > What setting keeps users frombeing able to open anyone's mailbox? Is it > in Active Directory? > Well, they should not have this by default, so if they do, it's because of some ...

Who could tell me? #2
Hello all: I know when the container is running,it want to search the COM in register table and load them,I want to know that the word,excel and ie where they need to seach?thanks. ...

32,000 charting limit
Is there any way round it for a bar chart? Sure. Plot fewer bars. Can you even see any detail in the chart with so many bars? The chart can't be more than 1500 or so pixels wide, unless you have a monstrous monitor. What's that, like 20 bars per pixel? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Mark wrote: > Is there any way round it for a bar chart? ...

Like match between 2 ranges
Hi, I'm trying to flag records that CONTAIN any of the strings in another range. My purpose, in this specific case, is to examine a range of website URLs and to remove any URLs belonging to particular domains. For example: ColumnA: List of URLS www.sports.cnn.com/basketball.htm www.aaa.baddomain.com/trouble.htm www.groups.google.com/excel/ www.nothanksdomain.com www.trouble.dontwantdomain.org/big/trouble/go/away/ ColumnB: List of domains to suppress baddomain.com nogooddomain.net dontwantdomain.org nothanksdomain.com ColumnC: Result I'm looking for a formulae that identifies if ther...

How can I print 6 charts in a page (Excel) ?
I have 6 different scatter plot graphs that I have to turn in as one single page by squeezing them, how can I do that ? Thanks, Hasan. Hasan - Embed the charts in a worksheet. You can figure out how many rows and columns print out on a page, so divide one by 3 and the other by 2, to determine how large each chart should be. Then when you position and resize the charts, hole down the Alt key, and the edges of the chart will snap to the cell boundaries. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ ______...

Corruption #2
I'm trying to determine if I have any corruption in some of my user's mailbox's. Specificaly their inbox. Does anyone know any tools for determing corruption with exchange and specificly a user's inbox/mailbox. Try this.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3D1C7482-4C6E-4EC5-983E-127100D71376&displaylang=en -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "George Schneider" <georgedschneider@news.postalias> wrote in message news:810B3E...

portfolio views #2
hello, im using 2004 and have created portfolio's using the customized view option in the Portfolio Menu. This way i can allocate my investments into different portfolio's, but i cant see a way to delete or rename customized views, anyone know how to? thank you In microsoft.public.money, Jex wrote: >hello, im using 2004 and have created portfolio's using the customized view >option in the Portfolio Menu. This way i can allocate my investments into >different portfolio's, but i cant see a way to delete or rename customized >views, anyone know how to? SeeADiffer...

Office 2003 outlook does not have newsgroups feature #2
Hi Does anyone knows Office 2003 outlook have newsgroupgs feature. Outlook Express has newsgroups feature but not Outlook. Robin Outlook has never had a newsgroup reader built in. It will launch a news-only mode OE session when you use the menu items therein. robin wrote: > Hi > > Does anyone knows Office 2003 outlook have newsgroupgs feature. > Outlook Express has newsgroups feature but not Outlook. > > Robin There's a third party product in beta called NewsLook in beta. Its not ideal, yet, but functional. http://www.ghytred.com/index.aspx Tom S. -- The gr...