Representing Dual Data in a Stacked Bar Chart

Here is my data:
Location	        Flowers	         Trees
	Year 1	Year 2	Year 1	Year 2
Texas	55	63	36	14
Florida	67	75	24	21
NJ	32	27	52	10
Colorado	35	41	35	9
California	84	126	78	39

I want a stacked bar chart that shows Flowers & Trees for Year 1 next to
another stacked bar for Year 2, grouped by location shown along the X axis.
Please help, all I could come up with is a Stacked bar for Year 1, overlayed
by 2 separate line graphs for Flowers/Yr2 and Trees/Yr2.

--
VB
0

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
VB <VB@discussions.microsoft.com> said:

>I want a stacked bar chart that shows Flowers & Trees for Year 1 next to
>another stacked bar for Year 2, grouped by location shown along the X axis.
>Please help, all I could come up with is a Stacked bar for Year 1, overlayed
>by 2 separate line graphs for Flowers/Yr2 and Trees/Yr2.

You have the power to change the chart type of any series, so don't feel
that you are stuck with lines. Click on the line series, select "Chart
type" and choose Stacked Bar to change them.

Getting them in the position you want is then a matter of sorting the
series in the right order.

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)

Creating report for Excel data?
I am new to automating Excel in any way. Is it possible to create a report based on a spreadsheet? This spreadsheet contains customer account information and we want to send statements for a range of accounts. I would need to get the range of account numbers from the user in an input box or something and then grab the applicable cells for each of those accounts. The report would be one account to a page and list the customer name and account balances. Would be a snap in Access but is this reasonable to attempt in Excel? Can anyone offer some guidance or web sites that may be of use?...

Format Charts as Object
Excel '07 (grrr) In previous versions of Excel, I could Shift+click an embedded chart to select it as an object. I could then prevent the chart from rezisizing if I change the rows and/or column's sizes or added/deleted rows. I cannot find those options in Excel 2007 (or via the Interactive Guide). Does it still have that capability and if so, where is it? Please advise. Thanks! Hi, Select chart. Charting Tools > Format > Size > dialog launcher (small arrow bottom right corner of Size group). Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.in...

BUBBLE CHART VSS- does not work
Hi- Purchased Visor based on the recommendation that it could create a Bubble chart from Data- http://blogs.msdn.com/visio/archive/2007/02/06/introducing-the-bubble-chart.aspx I downloaded the Buble chart VSS file from the blog and then followed the Directions implicitly. Does not work. I had my programmer look at it briefly and he went through it with me. Did not work. I then used the data flow diagram and used the data link- Worked perfectly except for the SIZE... the size is static no matter what you put in. Can anyone help me with this? We bought Viso for this and only this appl...

Need help with importing data
Hello all, I'm working on a new database project and I'm looking for advice on importing data on a regular basis. I want to be able to import new data from the CSV into the main table, and have it insert new information from duplicate records and add new records based on a unique field that is in the CSV file. I created the initial table from the CSV, but now when I try to import updated data, it errors out and nothing changes. Can anyone give some advice on the best way to accomplish this? Thanks, Mike On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:06:07 -0800 (PST), "thelotus99@gmail.com" <t...

data labels
hello, i would like to have the data labeled with the values of a third column, not y- or x-values. is there a plug-in which could do that job? thanks greg ...

Chart does not appear when saved in PDF
Hello. I posted same question once, but could not find it back, so I'm posting it again. I'm very desperate to find out how to fix it. I have an excel data, and below it, couple of pie charts, which the data source comes from different sheet (within same file). I want to print the excel data as well as those charts, on the same one sheet. When I do print preview, it's there in a perfect way. However, when I save it in PDF format, chart is invisible, or it's not where it's suppose to be (it moves to the bottom that i can only see chart title). It's very strange. ...

Data Table
I need to show a data table on the Excel Chart with YTD total but not have it graphed as it would skew the scale of the graph Is there a way to have one data point to be part of the data table but not to be graphed Alex Instead of using a data table, you could embed the chart on a worksheet, and position it above the data, so the total is visible, but not charted. Or, to include the Total in the data table: Include the Total in the chart. Select the Total series, and change it to a Line chart With the line selected, choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Patterns tab, select None ...

Raw Data Placement
Does anyone know where I can learn more about charting data? One of my problems is: I never know where to place the raw data (in columns or rows) in order to chart the data the way I want it. Thank you all Jon Peltier has a Charting tutorial that may help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html Colleen wrote: > Does anyone know where I can learn more about charting > data? One of my problems is: I never know where to place > the raw data (in columns or rows) in order to chart the > data the way I want it. > > Thank you all -- Debra Da...

Stock Card Data Base
I have over 15000 stock cards and wish to colate some of the information onto one stock sheet, with auto update from the stock sheet. How can i do this Thanks I know you know what you're talking about but it's difficult for me to visualize what you want with the sketchy description......but generally it sounds like you could be well served with a combination of the Autofilter feature and some VBA macros to automatically call up what you want from the database and put it on another sheet for analysis, and each time you would do it, the information would be the freshest from the databa...

PIE: tilt a 3d chart
I don't mean angling - but not sure how to describe what I need. The chart's created as a 3D, but I need to view as 'flatter', as if it's a regular pie chart but with a shadow at the bottom? thanks Make a 2D pie chart, and forget about false 3D effects and shadows. These only serve to distort the chart's data. In fact, a pie chart is not as good a display as other chart types. Could you use a bar or column chart instead? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com ___...

displaying extra fields in org chart after running org chart wiZard
hi iread these instructions in the meaasge board: "After you run the wizard, expand the "Organization Chart" menu and click Options... Then click on the "Set Display Fields..." button and add the fields you want displayed in the shapes. Can you do this in visio 2000, i am having trouble .. ...

odc data source
Hi everyone, I have an SQL Server with containing some tables and a View. I created a data source in Excel XP so I can view and analyze it in Excel. Now I want to have this datasource on our intranet so everyone can access it, but I found out that the data source file (*.odc) that was created under "My Documents\My Data Sources", works only from this folder, and won't work if I move it to another folder (e.g on an intranet file server). Is there a way to make this odc file work from any computer no matter where it is placed? Thanks, Arnon. ...

How do I make a chart with 4 bars on one axis/1 line on 2nd axis?
I am trying to do something that seems like it should be simple with a custom graph, but in trying to build my own custom graph am not seeing how to really do any customizing. I want to make a 2-axis chart, but instead of 1/2 the series being bars and 1/2 lines, I want to do all bars except for the very last one as a line (4 bars, 1 line). I'm using MS Excel 2000. Thanks for any help! AnnieW On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, AnnieW <AnnieW@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to make a 2-axis chart, but instead of 1/2 the series being bars and >1...

Format of chart changes everytime refresh data, why?
Hello, I have a chart that came from the pivot table. It is a custom chart "2 lines with 2 axis". I formatted everything to way I want to look. But then everytime the data (pivot table) is refreshed (updated) the chart went back to the initial default format. How can I make it so it always stay with the format I created? Thanks This is a known "feature" of pivot charts. See the second item under "Troubleshooting" on this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions ...

How to retrieve all data of a table(with only 3 rows and 3Columns) in only one row in a view?
Hi i have a table table1 in sql server database with 3 columns and 3 Rows like Column1 Column2 Column3 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 Data 21 Data 22 Data 23 Data 31 Data31 Data 33 i would like to create a view view1 based on table1 which retrieve data like Column1 Column2 Column3 Column1 Column2 Column3 Column1 Column2 Column3 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 D...

Use "labels in Formulas" for dynamic charting
Excel 2003 has a feature that I use and like; using the text at the head of a column of data to refer to it. I use that extensively in in-cell formulae. However, it seems not to work in "in-chart" formulae. That is, I've used my best guess for the relevant syntax (=Worksheet! Label) for series values when creating a chart and it doesn't work. I've also tried a few variations on the theme. Has anyone done this successfully? Does anyone know for a fact that it doesn't work? If so, how did you come to the conclusion? It is frustratingly close to being an immensely ...

How can I superimpose one chart over the other?
I want to make two line charts and then take the line and legend from one chart and put it in the other chart. Can this be done? Perhaps you can use two series. Select both of the columns (if your series are in columns) as well as the X data column. Use the Ctrl key as you select if they're not adjacent. If the value ranges are different, assign one or the other to the other Y axis (right click the line, FOrmat data series - Axes). -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "sas1950" <sas1950@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CC756AB-5517-4AAA-A4C7-8...

Data Off Of Chart Question
Hello, Using Excel 2007 and XP. I have some tabular data arranged next to a column that has dates starting from July 1, and labeled vertically downward to Dec. 31. However, although they are for this year, there is no year that I have indicated. When I chart the data, the only way I can get it to show up is to do the Default chart and automatic for the horiz (date) axis. If I try to set the min and max limits for the axis (whic I would like to do), the data points do not appear. I'm assuming that they are there, somewhere, but off the chart. Questions: What year is Excel probably...

OpenReport with WHERE clause not 'filtering' data
Hi guys I have an Access 2003 project talking to a MS SQL database. I have created a report with the datasource being a Stored Procedure (usr_GetCases). I am opening this report via the click event of a Command Button on a form (which will later be used to gather report filtering parameters). I am opening the report with the DoCmd.OpenReport command and a WHERE clause however I get the full recordset not the selected data. Here is my command: DoCmd.OpenReport "usr_GetCaseByDate", acViewPreview, , "[ExposureAmount] = 5000" Exposureamount is a 'money' field ty...

Putting Command Buttons on a Chart Sheet
Is there any way of putting command buttons on a chart sheet, the control toolbox seems to be greyed out. Thanks, James Hi, For controls on a chart you need to use the Forms toolbox. Cheers Andy Kremlin wrote: > Is there any way of putting command buttons on a chart sheet, the control > toolbox seems to be greyed out. > > Thanks, > > James -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info try drawing a box or other charatcer on the chart. then assign the macro with what you want it to do. "Kremlin" wrote: > Is there any way of putting c...

My charts are red
Why are my charts red? I thought it was my color printer, but I changed the cartridge. On print preview the charts, title, axis titles and everything else is red. How can I change it all back to black? Thanks, Sam ...

Replicate Data Between Worksheets
Any one know of a clean way to replicate data between worksheets? For example, I have a bunch of data in a Staff List (a "proper" list) Worksheet1 Id Name Gender DOB 1 Mark M 21/10/1982 2 Amy F 16/10/1980 I want to repeat the data from the first two columns on various other worksheets to capture additional information: Worksheet 2 Id Name Favourite Color Favourite Superhero 1 Mark Cyan Superman 2 Amy Blonde Batman Worksheet 3 Id ...

Select Rows dependant on certain field data
How can I select certain rows in a spreadsheet based upon the text foun in one column? To explain: All rows have a column that contains tex "immediate" or "ongoing" or "closed". How can I select only the row that contain the word "immediate" in that column? When I say select a mean select as in ready to 'copy' or 'cut' tha data ready to be pasted elsewhere. I know what I mean :confused -- Madd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Maddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

source data editor in Excel 2007 dont seem to allow copy and past.
The new source data editor dont allow copy and paste of other series data followed by a manual edit to get the correct range of cells. The new editor also dont diplay a preview of the chart. Is there another way to accomplish these atsks in Excel 2007? There's no preview because things are changed on the live chart as you make changes. It's awkward as all get out, but you can in fact copy and paste. You need to select an existing series, click the Edit button, the select and copy the reference in one of the edit boxes. Then clear the small dialog, click add, and paste into the...

stacked column chart with 3 fixed amount ranges
Hi! I would like to create a stacked column chart based on 3 fixed amount ranges. For example, within a bar, the section with the amount less than $4 will be yellow. The section from $4 to $6 will be green. The section with amount more than $6 will be blue. Thank you very much! Ken Something like this? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart2.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Ken" &l...