Replace values in chart

I have some 20 charts in one file linked to a sheet (Sheet A). Now I
have to replicated these charts except that they now should be linked
to another sheet (Sheet B).
I dont want to individually go to each chart, right click and change
the data source. Is there a simple way to do it, something like Ctrl
H, wherein you replace all?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
0
amitntu (29)

Make a copy of the first workbook, copy the data from sheet B onto sheet A,
and the charts will now display the new data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Amag" <amitntu@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have some 20 charts in one file linked to a sheet (Sheet A). Now I
> have to replicated these charts except that they now should be linked
> to another sheet (Sheet B).
> I dont want to individually go to each chart, right click and change
> the data source. Is there a simple way to do it, something like Ctrl
> H, wherein you replace all?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Replace word in sentence function...
I have the following function which replaces a word in a sentence with "....." =REPLACE(I2,SEARCH(E2,I2),LEN(E2),".....") Where the word is E2 and the sentence is I2. At the moment, if the word is "work" and the sentence is "I worked at home" I get the sentence "I .....ed at home". Any ideas how I could capture any remaining letters at the end of the word and get the result "I ..... at home"? I'd greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance, Chris can you upload example, would be easier to view -- Message posted from h...

find and replace hyperlink?
Hi, I want to globally find and replace the contents of a hyperlink with a new hyperlink. For example, I want this Jul.xls#'Title Page'!A1 to be replaced with Aug.xls#'Title Page'!A1 I can't seem to find a way do it. Is there a way? Thank you, Mike Take a look at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm look for: Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks) If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm me wrote: > > Hi, I want to g...

=D6-E6. Answer in F6. I want answer in F6 only if value in E6?
I put in an equation. =D6-E6. The answer appears in box F6. I don't want the answer to appear in box F6 unless I put a value in box E6. At the moment, my value in box E6 is empty. Are there any solutions to this problem? In article <7224501B-82A8-4B0F-9CBF-76F0BE896A3A@microsoft.com>, JillM@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I put in an equation. =D6-E6. The answer appears in box F6. I don't want the > answer to appear in box F6 unless I put a value in box E6. At the moment, my > value in box E6 is empty. Are there any solutions to this problem? > =IF(ISBLANK...

Syncronise zero values
I have seven columns of data to chart. Columns A & B have values aroun 500,000 to 600,000 and I wish to show them against the right hand axe as a line chart. The remaining columns have values from -50,000 t +200,000 and I wish to show them against the left hand axes as colum chart. Is it possible to get their zero values on the same level? Is this making sense to anyone? Thanks for any hel -- Brisbane Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2509 View this thread...

Delete Cell Value Based on Another Cell T or F
I have cell A1 for instance that's always TRUE or FALSE from a Check Box. If the value of cell A1 is FALSE, I want it to delete any data that's in cell A3, or if it's TRUE to leave cell A3 as is. It should be easy but for some reason I'm hung up on it...thanks Does A3 contain a formula? If it does, you can use an IF() function. Suppose the formula in A3 is =B5*B6 You could write an IF() in A3: =IF(A1=True,B5*B6,"") No, A3 is simply a number input from the user. It can be anything greater than 0. If A1 is FALSE I want any data in A3 to be deleted or A3 set...

Change Default value for Date and Time Value
Is it possible to st a default value for date and time field? For example: Task Due Time is always set to be 12.00am, we would like to change it to 800am or 9.00am, etc. I've looked at the attribute itself and system settings from organization, but i couldn't locate anything there? Is this possible in CRM thanks, ...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell #2
What about this: Can I create one comment and assign it to multiple cells at once instead of clicking on each cell and pasting the same comment? I've decided to just use a separate cell for each numeric value. Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27489 Good choice about separating your data. You'll find that you can do lots more lots easier! I don't think you'll be ...

Replacing Powerpoint 97 SR-2 on M/S Office 97 Pro Edit on Win XP
I dread asking this in case someone descends on me like a ton of bricks and says the answer is in the posts already! - but i I have never used the PP 97 which came with the MS Office 97 Pro Edit I have installed on my computer which uses Win XP with Ser Pack 3. I am about to embark on using PowerPoint for the FIRST time and wonder whether I should, before anything else, acquire a more up to date version first - and one that will work problem free with my XP - which version should I go for and will it, on loading, overwrite and replace the Powpoint I already have and still operat...

Automatic Charts in Excel
Hello !!! I have an external program that generates data files in CSV format Column A contains my data and Column E contain time of day values i 24hr:min:sec format (22:12:30) The CSV gets updated every 10 second and no 2 rows have the same time value. After the CSV is closed I nee to do the following... Open a worksheet (excel 2000) with a macro already loaded. Run the macro which prompts the user to load a CSV file. Search column E for the time value 22:00:00 If not found then select E1 Search column E for the time value 04:00:00 If not found select the last cell in column E Create a range...

Search and replace problem
Hi, I have an Excel worksheets where in several cell's a symbol was added to mark the cell's "to review". The symbol used was "(*)". I have tried now to delete all the entries with a "search and replace", but Excel interpretes the asterisk as a DOS-symbol and deletes everythng between brackets. Is there a way to avoid that or to let Excel know that I only want to delete the specific characters. TIA Melissa It's because it is a wildcard, you can replace it by preceding it with a tilde ~ which tell Excel to find an asterisk in find what p...

replace a negative result with a zero?
I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is negative. Any help is greatly appreciated. -- Pam Well, what is the formula that you are using? You could try this: =3DMAX(your_formula,0) to replace your_formula. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 19, 5:17=A0pm, Pam2277 <Pam2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is > negative. =A0Any help is greatly appreciated. > -- > Pam Hi, =if(your formula<0,0,your formula) "Pam2277" wrote: > ...

Looking up and reporting values across tabs
I have a spreadsheet with a list of codes on separate tabs, each tab is named according to its category. On the last tab I have a list containing of ALL the above codes, but not which category the code is in. I want a formula to look at all of the tabs (apart from the final one) and return the category for each code and place it next to the relevant code in the list on the last tab. The end result is that each code in the complete list will have the correct category next to it. Any help appreciated. I think I'd create a new (temporary) worksheet that contained the part codes in colum...

Selective Replace in Search and Replace
I need to search and replace in a large document. I don't want to replace the entire search term/expression just part of it. In this case I am searching for a paragraph return followed by any letter (not digit) and then want to change that to paragraph/tab but keep the letter. The search looks like this ^p^$ but naturally if replace is ^p^t I lose the first letter of the text string which I don't want How can I construct either search and replace so that ^p Alexander turns into ^p ^tAlexander and not ^p ^tlexander Thanks in a...

Add the last value as a label
I want to add the last value of the "Y" on the graph. The last value's row location varies. So I need something to read it and label it in the graph automatically because I have been doing it manually and it is a lot time consuming because I have several graph to update per date. Thanks. Maperalia. Is it an XY chart? Add a series with a single point and a data label. Assume your data consists of X values in A4:A(whatever), and Y values in column B next to the X values, with labels in A3 and B3, with no blank cells or rows. Put new labels in C3 and D3 for the new point, I...

poblem with chart of accounts
One of our consultants has designed a vey messy chart of accouts,and the client has been working on the system for about one year.now the client has requested to design consolidated financial statements. The Account Format : Division-Account Category-Account-sub Account. XX-XX-XXX-XX Example:Salaries 01-04-220-01 Employee compensation 01-04-220-02 Main Segment ID : Segment 1 as you can tell there is no single segment represents the Account No,i.e;there is no one segment can be the natural segm...

Calculations usinig time as the value
Where can I find reference material for doing calculatoins where time is a value, with a 24 hout clock? Can I format the cell without colan? -- ~~ To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not. Bill, Time is time in Excel, whether using the 24 hour clock or not. It's just the formatting. Take a look at www.cpearson.com for a discussion of time values in Excel. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Bill" <bill@poppyweb.com> wr...

Replace wildcards with a space
I have a text field with all values containing an asterisk. The asterisk can be located anywhere within the contents. I am trying to replace the asterisk with a space. I will then use TRIM to remove any spaces at the beginning of the text. I have been unable to get an update query to work. When my criteria is like "~[*}", Access says that 0 rows will be updated. When the criteria is [*], I am asked to enter a parameter value. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks - bkh Barbara wrote: >I have a text field with all values containing an aste...

Chart/Graph to show 3 pieces of information
(apologies - I think I'm having a bit of a mental block on this!) I have 3 columns of information that I want to be able to show in a chart; Column D - Product Name (we only have 6 dif products) Column E - Final Cost Column F - Opportunity close date I can't seem to get a graph which will show the information in a 'nice'/easy to read format. Help very gratefully received. ...

Drop Down box
You both rock! Thanks for the fast reply. Wish me luck -- kelleram ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kellerama's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1492 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26563 ...

Replace more characters using replace
Hi I have number of characters in a string, that I like to replace with "nothing". I use a code like this: Sub test() Dim a As String a = "Jan+& Per" a = Replace(a, " ", "") a = Replace(a, "&", "") a = Replace(a, "+", "") MsgBox a End Sub As I have about 15 characters, that all should be replaced with nothing, I am looking ofr another way to it. Something like Sub test() Dim a As String a = "Jan+& Per" a = Replace(a, {" ",...

Replacing old Windows XP and Outlook Express with new Windows 7
How do I export the contents and settings out of Outlook Express and import the accounts, settings and emails into Windows Live Mail on another machine? For messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to flash or CD. (Folders.dbx must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you saved it. For Addresses: Open the Address Book in OE and File | Export | Address Book (wab) and save it to the Desktop. Copy to flash or CD. Place this on the...

How is value in IV00103.ITMVNDTY assigned?
I am writing a stored procedure that will update IV00103 (Item Vendor Master) for new vendors with a record for every new vendor/existing item combo. I am good to go on the Insert trigger and the update query however, I am at a loss for populating IV00103. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated! Debra ...

Dynamic charting #5
Hi I have some charts that update automatically. Recently I have changed the formula in the field that gets charted from =e45/f45*100 to one that reflects the percentage being as a target towards 100% accuracy so if the actual was 103% then 97% would be displayed. The charts have stopped automatically updating. Could you please help. Cheers Brian 1) has automatic recalc been sent to manual 2) are you sure that the new formula is returning a different value. The chart will not look different if it returns the same value as the prior function "brian.baker13@googlemail.com" wro...

Do you want to replace the contents of
When my macro runs, it stops after this procdure and asks "Do you want to replace the contents ofthe destination cells" is there something I can add that will automatically tell it yes? Here is the part of the macro that it stops on. Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("C1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _ TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=False, _ Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=True, OtherChar _ :="/", FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1)) Thanks H...

How do I replace just a few characters?
Hello, I have an excel worksheet with a street name column. I need to rename some names from "Main Street" to "Main St". I can do it for one name easily with find and replace, but how do I make it work for an entire column of different names such as "Easy Street" and "Main Street". If I do find "* Street" and replace with "* ST" I get "* ST" for the output instead of "Easy ST" What am I missing? -- Tomsriv ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tomsriv's Profile: http:/...