Refreshing Chart

Hi

I am using VBA code in Access to send revenue figures per month for th
year to Excel there is a chart which shows this information already i
Excel which just updates when the new information is sent. There i
also calculated fields in Excel which calculate the revenue by quarte
this is also graphed.

The problem is that although the quarterly data updates when ne
information is sent, the graph which plots it does not. I have trie
the .refresh command on the chart but this does nothing.

Can anyone suggest anything ?

Cheers

Bria

Don't know if the following applies to you.  If not, you might want to
search the MSKB some more.

XL2002: Charts Do Not Update When Source Cells Are Updated
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821644

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <BrianI.x915m@excelforum-nospam.com>,
BrianI.x915m@excelforum-nospam.com says...

> Hi
>
> I am using VBA code in Access to send revenue figures per month for the
> year to Excel there is a chart which shows this information already in
> Excel which just updates when the new information is sent. There is
> also calculated fields in Excel which calculate the revenue by quarter
> this is also graphed.
>
> The problem is that although the quarterly data updates when new
> information is sent, the graph which plots it does not. I have tried
> the .refresh command on the chart but this does nothing.
>
> Can anyone suggest anything ?
>
> Cheers
>

> Brian

how do i refresh or sync all?
I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be concerned with this. Does Outlook deliver mail as soon as it is processed by the server or is it sent at preset intervals set by the administrator? Les perhaps you mean Send/Receive ? Still learning wrote: > I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like > Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be > concerned with this. Does Outlook de...

Refresh some not Refresh All
Hello. I have a workbook with 10 sheets all of which have external data that needs to be refreshed periodically. Most of the time I only need to refresh 8 of the sheets. Is there a way to refresh just those 8 without having to refresh each one separately? Thanks in advance. You can use a macro to do it. It would go something like this... Sub RefreshSome() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim qt As QueryTable For Each wks In Worksheets Select Case wks.Name Case "Sheet1", "sheet2" Case Else For Each qt In wks.Que...

chart resolution
How can I change the resolution of the charts I create in excel? When I paste a chart into photoshop I find that the resolution is very low. Select the chart (click just inside its outer border). Hold down the Shift key, and choose Edit | Copy Picture. Try some of those options. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com +++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "Mike G" <Mike G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFCAAFF1-06D9-4196-AB22-6BE8B4EBAB1E@microsoft.com... > How can I change the resolution of the charts I create in excel? When I > paste a chart into photoshop I fi...

Refresh 1 subform from another
I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have subform1 refresh. I used Me.subform1.mainform.form.refresh and I get an error that says Method or Data Member not found. Anyone know what I did wrong? I am thinking I should use ! instead of . but I don't know what the difference is between them. Any help? -- Thanks As Always Rip Ripper wrote: >I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to >make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have su...

Dynamic Charting #2
Hi everyone, If i have a data such as: Chicago ......Newport.........Bellevue January.........52.............67.................76 February........34 .........57.................98 March...........56.............67................45 April.............67............36..................67 May..............67...........56..................99 and i want to display a chart for each branch seperatly. I know i can display in a column chart the volume sold in all 3 branches with the month diplayed, but i'm trying to create a scollable menu(for example) where i can select the branch and dis...

VWD2008 will not refresh HTML file
I am trying to use the showmodaldialog function to display help files for my website. But when I make modifications to the HTML file, a previous version of that file is displayed from within the VWD environment, even if I just want to debug that file. I have restarted VWD, but the old version is still displayed. When I double-click that same file outside the VWD environment, the modified version is displayed, so I know the changes are being saved. I have searched the entire hard drive and there is no other file with the same name. ...

Cells WON'T stop refreshing automatically
I have a workbook with many worksheets and links that I need to publish externally with links locked so that users won't get the "The workbook you opened contains automatic links..." message. I have gone into <Tools> <Options> <Calculation>, unchecked the <Update Remote References> checkbox, and saved the workbook; however, each time I reopen the saved workbook, the <Update Remote References> checkbox has been rechecked by some mischevious gremlin, and I invariably get the "The workbook you opened contains automatic links..." mess...

Refreshing
Hi !! I ve done a OCX to view certain type of images. The OCX has a dialog in it with buttons. This OCX has been loaded into a html page. When multiple OCX are being placed in the html page I find the images that are displayed flickers. I use invalidate to refresh but refreshing is very fast. What should I do now to make smooth refreshing. Thanx Sudharsan Double buffer the image. Create a memory bitmap, copy to it, the BitBlt to your OCX's HDC. This may increase CPU usage a little. "Sudharsan" <Sudharsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A72BC9BB-...

need help with creating football depth chart
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, DAMONO <DAMONO@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >need help with creating football depth chart I've just googled "football depth chart", and they simply look like tables to me, not graphs. Can't you just make a spreadsheet? -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. ...

Web Query Refresh problem
Hi I've set up a workbook that contains about 75 sheets. Each sheet contains a web query. I then have a summary sheet which summarises the actual part of information that I want from each web page. Everything works fine, most of the time. I've set up a little button to 'refresh all data'. However, sometimes the refresh doesnt seem to work on some of the sheets. It actually pulls data from a website which I've set up on a different sheet. If, however, you go to that individual sheet, and manually refresh that sheet, it pulls through the correct data from the web. Som...

AJAX UpdatePanel does not refresh after calling Update()-Method
Hi, I'm new to AJAX and has a little Problem to get an UpdatePanel inside an CustomServerControl to work. My goal is to create an CustomServerControl with an (at designtime) unknown number of UpdatePanels, that can be updated seperatly. Since I'm stuck I create a litte more static testproject to analyse the problem but I ran out of ideas what I could been missing. I would be realy glad if someone can show me hwo to get the UpdatePanels working. I created an ServerControl-Project called ServerControlTest and an ASP WebApplication called AXAJTest The Default.asxp look...

active chart- please help
I Made some charts in excel using existing data, and then copied and pasted them to my Word document. But the probalem is whenever I brows the pages in Word I have to wait for those charts to re-draw and get finish, and it makes my document very slow to be browsed. I was wondering if there is a way so I can have those charts like a picture or anything passive on my word Document. Thanks a lot for any help. Rob. Rob, In Excel, you can "take a picture" of the chart and then copy that picture into your Word document. To do so, activate the chart in Excel by clicking on it. T...

Clipart Woe -- how to refresh location
How can I refresh the path to the clipart gallery for the clipart files? I have moved the clipart from a network location to the local harddrive and rebuild the artgal50.mmc file, but the gallery still looks to the network location?? Help is greatly appreciated, because searching the MS resources is drivining me nuts Nigel Nigel, they are coming to take you away, take you away. If you hear a knock on the front door, do not open it as it may be the fine gentlemen with a while jacket with straps on. Nigel, you are driving us nuts not telling us what version of Windows and Publisher you...

CWebBrowser2 and Refresh
Hi All, I am using CWebBrowser2 control to get values from a website then plot them on a chart. When I use Navigate2(..) I can handle the OnDocumentCompleteExplorer(..) message to parse the html file and update my chart. However, I don't always get an updated page, can someone give me an example of how to use Refresh2(..) to make sure I always get a non-cached page? Also, is there a message sent when Refresh() or Refresh2() has finished? Or maybe there's another way I can achieve what I want? Cheers, Rob ...

Is it possible to ignore missing values in a chart?
Hi, I'm trying to graph from a simple table, putting the year in the x-axes, and plot a line according to the other columns. However I'd like to ignore the missing values in the table (indicated by "n"). By default, the missing values are being treated as zero. 1992 217 260 43 1994 214 260 46 1998 215 263 48 2000 213 n n 2002 219 264 45 2003 218 263 45 Is this possible at all? Thanks for your help. Leo Hi if you replace the missing values with =NA() the chart will ignore these entries -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, G...

Chart source data invalidated when workbook refreshed
Hi all, We have a workbook with vba code which fetches data from the backend and displays it. Now i have a chart defined for some data in this workbook and then i refresh this workbook. The problem is the chart source data is invalidated for the new workbook data. Any solution for this ? Any help is highly appreciated :-) Louis - How does the macro refresh the data? Could you make use of a dynamic chart instead, for example, one that charts the last N points in the table? Here's some Dynamic Charting examples and links: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Dynamics...

Grouping of chart.
Hi all, I have 4 charts in a sheet. all charts are overlapped on by one.I have used transparent method. Now i want to print this char in to another sheet or document use copy and paste command. But i coul not able to print it. I can print the first chart only. There is an method available for group the chart? So i can copy the all the chart easily. Thanks and Regards, Ram Kumar. -- ramkumar_cp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ramkumar_cpt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2867 View this thread: http://www....

Stacked charts #4
Hi I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is reached. Ex. I have a mashine that produces 1000 it's goal is 2000. The chart should then show a column that is red because it is under the goal. I also have a maschine that produces 3000 and the goal is 2000. The coloum should then change to green. Is it possible to make a chart like this in excel? Regards Ticotion On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Ticotion <Ticotion@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is &...

plotting line charts with formula based 'gaps'
I am trying to visually represent different conditions on a line chart (e.g. underlying data is rainfall in the UK; plot as a dashed line. The conditions are times when the wind is from the north, times when the temperature is below 10C, and both; plot as different thickness lines on top of the underlying). I've been doing this by calculating when the different conditions are true in diff't columns, returning the underlying data when they are and returning N/As when they're not, then cutting and pasting as values, sorting to delete the N/A's, sorting back by date and d...

Query Refresh-Enable Automatic Refresh Dialogue Box
I continually click the Enable Automatic Refresh button on the Query Refresh dialogue box so why does it continue to appear for the same worksheet? ...

Dynamic Charts #13
Will a dynamic chart work if I have info going horizontal instead of vertically? Thank you! Larisa Hi, Depends on what method you have used to make your chart data dynamic. I don't think charts based on lists or tables will. But those based on Named Ranges will as long as your amend the formula to have dynamic column offsets and lengths rather than the normal rows. Cheers Andy Larisa wrote: > Will a dynamic chart work if I have info going horizontal instead of > vertically? > > Thank you! > Larisa > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.in...

Charts which automatically adapt to variable source data length
I create a line chart with X-Y data in Cells A1:B100, but since I am importing electronic data sometime I only have 50 rows of data (Cells A1:B50) which leaves a lot of unused chart space. Can I create a chart which automatically adapts its source data reference to the number of rows of real data (Cells A1:B50) in the specified source data interval (Cells A1:B100)? Conceptually, I could construct a formula in the chart source data fields such as: =A1:address(Count(A1:A100),1). This would count up the number of rows of real data in column "A" and with the address function...

Refresh Not Refreshing
DisplayRecord is used in a form to display detail information for a record. The Form_AfterUpdate code is used to refresh the records so that any updates are visible to the user. On my personal machine, the code works and the records are refreshed, however on my development machine at work, the code fails. I have confirmed that the global variable gCallingForm is being correctly updated and that the form is loaded. The .Refresh statement does not throw an error. Private Sub DisplayRecord() On Error GoTo Err_DisplayRecord gCallingForm = "frmTrailerInventoryMaintenan...

Locking Chart in Place
Is there a way to lock a chart in place so that it cannot be dragged from its current location? ...

Charts to Image or Picture?
I'm clearly missing something obvious, but is there a way to do the equivalent of copy and save charts as either values or image in the workbook? I have a large worksheet that will get distributed enterprise-wide on a regular basis, and I want to decrease the file size. The data source for the 20-25 charts is another worksheet in the file. Any thoughts? -- William Elerding Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's information on de-linking chart data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html Cheers Andy Bill Elerding wrote: > I'm clearly missing something...