Refresh Pivot Chart with Table?

I'm creating a large workbook with master data on one page and on all
following pages Pivot Tables with associated Pivot Charts, one worksheet per
state, 4 tables and charts per page. When I copy the Alabama formatted page
to another worksheeet and change the Report Filter to Arkansas the table
reflects the correct data, however the chart still shows Alabama data.

Right-clicking on the chart and Select Data Source provides a greyed-out
Chart Data Range. How do I fix this? Ideally I'd like to do this in as few
steps as possible, but will change each chart individually if I must. But,
how?

Thanks for your help!

Self joining table and grouping help
Hi All, Could some help me with the SQL without using PARTITION and RANKING functions? Or would that be asking too much? pk_id, parent_id, trx_date, amt ====================================== 1, 0, 3/7/2008, 2500 3, 0, 5/2/2008, 5000 48, 0, 12/4/2009, 2000 109, 0, 12/9/2009, 5000 101, 48, 12/6/2009, 2000 118, 48, 12/13/2009, 4000 145, 48, 12/13/2009, 2000 229, 48, 12/20/2009, 2000 313, 48, 12/27/2009, 2000 397, 48, 1/3/2010, 2000 482, 48, 1/10/2010, 48400 122, 109, 12/13/2009, 1365 149, 109, 12/13/2009, 5000 233, 109, 12/20/2009, 5000 317, 109, 12/27/2009, 5000 401, 109...

Pie of Pie Chart
Here is the dat Above A- 6.3 BBB- to BBB+ 8.0 Below BBB- 27.9 Non Rated 57.8 Investment Grade 16.4 Non-Investment Grade 83.6 The last two are to be shown on the second chart of pie of pie chart. I tried but it created a new category "other" on its own in the first chart. Can some one tell me how to do it right? OR is it a glitch in EXCEL XL works as intended. Once the pie-of-pie chart is created, double- click the plotted series in the chart. In the resulting dialog box, select the Options tab. With the 'Split series by' set to Posit...

Pivot Table Jam
I am trying to create a pivot table matrix Big grin Essentially, I am creating pivot tables using dynamic data sources, defining the sources using offset and counta. I need to get these tables in a specific pattern on a single sheet. For instance, I may in a particular case want to align 4 pivot tables around a box. For instance, let's say we have 4 tables - A, B, C, and D. It so happens that A's column headers are also D's column headers, B's column headers are also C's column headers. Similarly, A's row headers are also B's row headers, and C's row headers a...

Integration manager, GP9.0, data from tables???
Here's the situation: Using GP9.0 and need to import sales through SOP. I created a gateway between the company proprietary systems and GP 9.0 using Access 2003. The data is created and stored in tables I created in the appropriate company databases. Its easy in Access to connect to the appropriate company using RegisterGlobals9. How can I get IM to mimic that so I can create the three data sources I need to make the SOP integration work? One option is to dump the tables to CSV and use them to integrate but that appears to be plagued by a rounding problem (specifically, the MS ...

how do i refresh or sync all?
I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be concerned with this. Does Outlook deliver mail as soon as it is processed by the server or is it sent at preset intervals set by the administrator? Les perhaps you mean Send/Receive ? Still learning wrote: > I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like > Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be > concerned with this. Does Outlook de...

outputing table to excel file using VBA Access 2000
H I have a VBA module that I want to use to output an Access 2000 table to an excel spreadsheet the code is DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable, "xBExport", acFormatXLS, "ScotiaTrackBranchExport.xls", Fals this code worked in Access 97 I then converted the database to Access 2000 I get the following error: runtime error 2281: the formats taht enable you to output data as an MS Excel are missing or incorrectly registered in the Windows registry I checked my references to make sure using the accesss 2000 DAO and object library, etc Does anyone know the answer to this problem...

chart resolution
How can I change the resolution of the charts I create in excel? When I paste a chart into photoshop I find that the resolution is very low. Select the chart (click just inside its outer border). Hold down the Shift key, and choose Edit | Copy Picture. Try some of those options. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com +++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "Mike G" <Mike G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFCAAFF1-06D9-4196-AB22-6BE8B4EBAB1E@microsoft.com... > How can I change the resolution of the charts I create in excel? When I > paste a chart into photoshop I fi...

Create a chart in Word results in error messages

pivot tables
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that has a variety of 'fields', split into column ie. name | address1 | address 2 | priority | zone I have created a pivot table that shortlists based on the priority an zone fields. Problem is, I can only get the 'name' data listed in th result rows, and not the associated address data. The ideal is to b able to generate as follows; Pivottable priority - select from a dropdown (done this) zone - select from a dropdown (done this) name1 - address1 address2 name2 - address1 address2 name3 - .... Any ideas -- Message posted from http...

Refresh some not Refresh All
Hello. I have a workbook with 10 sheets all of which have external data that needs to be refreshed periodically. Most of the time I only need to refresh 8 of the sheets. Is there a way to refresh just those 8 without having to refresh each one separately? Thanks in advance. You can use a macro to do it. It would go something like this... Sub RefreshSome() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim qt As QueryTable For Each wks In Worksheets Select Case wks.Name Case "Sheet1", "sheet2" Case Else For Each qt In wks.Que...

difference between CHART and Report?
I am confused. In a "REPORT" I can create an unbound text box and set its control source as "FOR MONTH OF" and it will prompt be to enter the text I want. For example I would enter, "JANUARY 2007" and this would appear in the report. However, when I try to do this in a "CHART" it does not work? It does NOT prompt me to enter the text and it appears on the chart as "#Name?". Please help. I just want to be able to prompt a persone to enter a month and year that is to appear at the top of the chart. On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:18:02 -070...

Using VBA with Pivot Table Report Filter
I am trying create a pivot table in Excel 2007 that only contains the new information since the last workbook-save for a non-excel-using co-worker, so she won't have to touch the pivot table. Can I manipulate the ReportFilter with VBA so that only new data is automatically refreshed in the Pivot Table? Unfortunately I have only the pivot table to work with since our accounting software will only create ODBC connections in Excel via pivot table. Changing dates in the query each time means that I have to export a new pivot table in a new workbook without the necessary oth...

Refresh 1 subform from another
I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have subform1 refresh. I used Me.subform1.mainform.form.refresh and I get an error that says Method or Data Member not found. Anyone know what I did wrong? I am thinking I should use ! instead of . but I don't know what the difference is between them. Any help? -- Thanks As Always Rip Ripper wrote: >I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to >make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have su...

Grouping axis scale multiple charts
I am working on a report in Excel where we compare four models with eachother. Therefore we use four charts which we place next to eachother. The data is filled into the datasheet automatically from access through macro's. The problem is that the scale of the x-axis differs on each chart while we want the same scale on all four charts. Auto-scaling scales each chart individually, so that is not an option as well. The only solution what I can come up with is making a macro that searches for the largest value in the datasheet and then setting the maximum of each axis to that value. T...

Regarding Pivot tables
Hello everyone, I've never really worked with pivot tables, but what they do is simila to what I want with one exception. I don't want it to give me any sum which it seems to be doing automatically. I was able to hide certai totals, but is there anyway to turn off that particular aspect (th summing of values). I hope I wasn't too unclear about this. Thanks. -- Isaa -- I Maycott ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I Maycotte's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3560 View this thread: http://www.exc...

VWD2008 will not refresh HTML file
I am trying to use the showmodaldialog function to display help files for my website. But when I make modifications to the HTML file, a previous version of that file is displayed from within the VWD environment, even if I just want to debug that file. I have restarted VWD, but the old version is still displayed. When I double-click that same file outside the VWD environment, the modified version is displayed, so I know the changes are being saved. I have searched the entire hard drive and there is no other file with the same name. ...

Dynamic Charting #2
Hi everyone, If i have a data such as: Chicago ......Newport.........Bellevue January.........52.............67.................76 February........34 .........57.................98 March...........56.............67................45 April.............67............36..................67 May..............67...........56..................99 and i want to display a chart for each branch seperatly. I know i can display in a column chart the volume sold in all 3 branches with the month diplayed, but i'm trying to create a scollable menu(for example) where i can select the branch and dis...

Cells WON'T stop refreshing automatically
I have a workbook with many worksheets and links that I need to publish externally with links locked so that users won't get the "The workbook you opened contains automatic links..." message. I have gone into <Tools> <Options> <Calculation>, unchecked the <Update Remote References> checkbox, and saved the workbook; however, each time I reopen the saved workbook, the <Update Remote References> checkbox has been rechecked by some mischevious gremlin, and I invariably get the "The workbook you opened contains automatic links..." mess...

Refreshing
Hi !! I ve done a OCX to view certain type of images. The OCX has a dialog in it with buttons. This OCX has been loaded into a html page. When multiple OCX are being placed in the html page I find the images that are displayed flickers. I use invalidate to refresh but refreshing is very fast. What should I do now to make smooth refreshing. Thanx Sudharsan Double buffer the image. Create a memory bitmap, copy to it, the BitBlt to your OCX's HDC. This may increase CPU usage a little. "Sudharsan" <Sudharsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A72BC9BB-...

create pivot table from external csv file
I am dumping huge data to csv file, Now what I want to do is, create pivot table/chart from csv file without importing data into it. Reason behind doing this is, end user view updated report without messing with thier limited excel knowledge. Hi, So what's your question? If you're asking if it can be done, the answer is Yes. If you're asking how to do it, the question is - what version of Excel are you using? For Example in 2003 you would choose Data, Pivot Table and Pivot Chart Report, and choose External data source, Next, Get Data, choose New Data Source and cl...

Deselect items in Pivot Table
Hello Everyone, I have pivot table with a list of about 200 diferent items and I only need to see 5 at the time. Does anybody know how to deselect all items at once in a pivot table drop down field? I use Excel 2000 Thanks in advance Gustavo Debra Dalgleish has some code that will do that for you:- http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html#Hide97 This will deselect all items except the last. There is also a piece of code to do the opposite. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ----------------...

AJAX UpdatePanel does not refresh after calling Update()-Method
Hi, I'm new to AJAX and has a little Problem to get an UpdatePanel inside an CustomServerControl to work. My goal is to create an CustomServerControl with an (at designtime) unknown number of UpdatePanels, that can be updated seperatly. Since I'm stuck I create a litte more static testproject to analyse the problem but I ran out of ideas what I could been missing. I would be realy glad if someone can show me hwo to get the UpdatePanels working. I created an ServerControl-Project called ServerControlTest and an ASP WebApplication called AXAJTest The Default.asxp look...

need help with creating football depth chart
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, DAMONO <DAMONO@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >need help with creating football depth chart I've just googled "football depth chart", and they simply look like tables to me, not graphs. Can't you just make a spreadsheet? -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. ...

Web Query Refresh problem
Hi I've set up a workbook that contains about 75 sheets. Each sheet contains a web query. I then have a summary sheet which summarises the actual part of information that I want from each web page. Everything works fine, most of the time. I've set up a little button to 'refresh all data'. However, sometimes the refresh doesnt seem to work on some of the sheets. It actually pulls data from a website which I've set up on a different sheet. If, however, you go to that individual sheet, and manually refresh that sheet, it pulls through the correct data from the web. Som...

Sumif across a table
I am looking for a function that works using a =sumif function to add things that are not in a range that are next to each other as seen below the letters in () are the columns that the values are in... so I am looking for a sum in column A "X" of the total work out time if the appl column is "Y" total work Running (D) Walking (F) Elliptical (H) out time (C) Appl (D) Time (E) Appl (F) Time (G) Appl (H) Time (I) X Y 20 N 0 Y ...