Recolor embeded Excel graph in PowerPoint

Is there any way to recolor an embeded Excel graph colors
to match the color scheme of targeted PowerPoint file?

thanks.
0
anonymous (74723)

You could create a user-defined custom chart type with the colour schem
of the presentation and apply it to the embedded chart.

I am not aware of any in-built color synchronization between powerpoin
and excel, though.

- Leni

when you say "A user-defined custom chart type"

Is this "Chart>Chart type>Custom types>User-defined" ?

If yes.
1. Create the same type of graph with MS Graph.
2. Add as user-defined.
3. [and what should I do? How could I apply it to an
embeded graph?]

If no. Will you explain a bit more? Appreciate if you
could tell me step by step.

Thanks for your help

the colour scheme
>of the presentation and apply it to the embedded chart.
>
>I am not aware of any in-built color synchronization
between powerpoint
>and excel, though.
>
>- Lenin
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74723)

Old Excel doc + PW Protection
Hello everyone, I am trying to open an old Excel document (was probably written with Excel 4 or 5) in Excel for OS X, that have password protection on (Excel ask for a password everytime I open it, and of course I know the Password). I want to take the PW off, so I click on the Tools menu + Protection... But Unprotect option is not available, like if the Protection feature was never activated. Is there a way to disable this using a utiltysoft like BBEdit or something else. Thanks Martin Hi There is more than one place to protect an Excel workbook. In your case, it is the file that is pro...

Linking many EXCEL tables into a long WORD document
Would anyone have direct experience with linking lots of Excel tables into complicated Word reports - say 100 tables into a 100 page document? I tried this years ago shortly after OLE came out, but the document's links got confused, with Excel occasionally getting confused about which worksheet tab and range belonged in which Word table. This was not a case of my error, nor of corrupted files due to crashes, but was confirmed as a problem with Excel by a person knowledgable of its codes and bugs back then. Needless to say, I stopped aiming at having these live links in my docum...

Charts in Excel
I am sort of new to excel. I use the spread sheet to track network up and down time. I have two diffrent workbooks, one for lan and one for wan. I keep years of data in the workbooks, but only want to see 6months on the charts. How do I set up the chart so all i have to so is add the weeks line and the chart is generated for 6 months and I dont have to do it manually? thank you in advance for any help you can offer. Jon Peltier has information on creating dynamic charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html Tom wrote: > I am sort of new to excel. I use the sp...

Excel 2002 Problem
all Hi I am working on excel to get an ouput like this Cloumn A Column B Green 1 Green 2 Blue 1 Blue 2 Green 3 Red 1 Like this whenever i enter a new name in column A it has to tell th whether the nameis appearing for the first time / 2nd / 3rd etc., can u pl solve this proble -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your other post >-----Original Message----- >all Hi I am working on exc...

Modify existing custom cell format (Excel 2000)
I have a worksheet that includes a number of custom formats that are applied throughout to various cells. Is it possible to change an existing custom format so that all those cells that use it are automatically changed. For example, one of these formats is of type 0.00 "Deg" and I want to change it so that cells using this format show values with the degree symbol "�" instead. Since Excel doesn't seem to have a "find and replace" format feature, how can I make such a global change without individually selecting each applicable cell and applying a new format? ...

Embedded Images
If I embed an image on a form or a report does that mean I no longer have to keep the directory that contains the images? In other words if I load my Access application on another computer will the images still show up without me having to load all of the images as well? Is there any advantage embedding as opposed to linking? Thanks DS > If I embed an image on a form or a report does that mean I no longer have > to keep the directory that contains the images? Yes >In other words if I load my Access application on another computer will the images still > show up without m...

External Links
I've inherited an Excel 97 workbook that seems to have links to external sources that I don't have. I've found the links listed on the Edit-Links menu, however I can't find the source documents listed in any formulas in the workbook. There are a lot of charts in the workbook. Could one of them be linked in some way? I've looked up embedded objects, but I'm not sure if that's what I'm dealing with. Any thoughts would be very appreciated. Check out this site for an add-in by Bill Manville. It's called "FindLink", and it's a great t...

How to disable the save property of an excel worksheet
Hi, is there anyone who knows how to disable the save property of an excel worksheet. is it also possible to do it throught VBA for excel? many thanks in advance for any advice Is possible with code to cancel a workbook save but there are so many ways around it that is virtually useless. All I have to do is copy the sheets to another workbook and save that or disable macros when opening the workbook. or....or....or some others. Why would you like to disable save? Maybe something else could be done that achieve the same effect with a little more security..........not much......a little...

Excel cell formatting #2
Hi, Is it possible to formal a particular group(s) of cells such that all numeric entries are always expressed as negative e.g an entry of 150 will be reflected in the cell as -150. Thx, Don- Hi Don! You can use: Format > Cells > Custom Format Type the string -# But remember that this only "looks" negative. It's stored as a positive. Also, if you type in -150 you'll get --150 unless you use the format string -#;+# Here, the positive entries get formatted with -150 and negative with +150. It'll confuse most users and I'd look for better approaches t...

How do you insert a water mark into an excell worksheet
How do you insert a water mark into an excell worksheet. Like the word DRAFT You mean for printing purposes? See Bob Phillips' site for details. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html If not for printing simply add a background to the sheet which will be visible on screen but will not print. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 12 May 2010 15:36:05 -0700, leppinl <leppinl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do you insert a water mark into an excell worksheet. Like the word DRAFT ...

Scanning Into Excel
Hi, Is it possible to scan documents on a scanner (TIFF, GIF, JPEG and other options) and import it into Excell for editing? Thanks, Brian I'm not sure how you're going to use Excel to manipulate TIFF, GIF, or JPEG images. If you mean that you want to use Microsoft Office's OCR (Object character recognition) features to translate paper documents into text which can be used in e-mails, Word docuemnts, Excel documents, etc., then I suggest you look on Micorosft's website for Office: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/category.aspx?CategoryID=CH0100011810 33&CTT=6&am...

How do I insert an Excel file into a PowerPoint Presentation slid.
EMERGENCY!!! I'm working on a PowerPoint presentation and I need to insert an Excel spreadsheet with five pages into a slide. I have linked to documents in the past but cannot get this to work. Also, I'd like to have the excel file in the slide updated when the Excel file is updated. Please help! Thanks! b Hi Barb See Jon's site http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html#rangeppt or http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html#rangeppt2 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Barb" <Barb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C31A618-6595-...

Question about Excel (Office) auditing/changes
I have a document that will need to be posted on a website available for users to download & change/approve. The approval process will not make any changes at all to the document. However, I do need to know they've opened the document. Is there a way to get the name/machine/ip or something regarding who opens a file and when they open it? If so, I would like to do something like that, and either write it to something in the spreadsheet or as an audit trail in a database. If there's no way to do this, I am considering writing a small app that requires them to sign in (somet...

Excel VBA
Hi VBAers, Rows are able to be created via a userform via a cmdAdd command button. My code to add rows works fine but I want to write extra code to make it check if row 29 has just been saved and then present a msgbox (stating not allowed to go any further) and ALSO not allow any further row additions (via the cmdAdd on userform). I don't know how to make it not allow any further. I suspect I need to set up variables like currentrow & check if currentrow is row 29 but I don't know how to go about it. Can someone please advise how to do this? If you can look at a single cell to...

eReference Embedding
After installing Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003, whenever I open any application in Office, I get a message "Unknown Application Version". My operating system is XP Home edition ...

Excel prob = Compile error cant find project or library
when i open excel 2002 on my xp pro pc it opens up with te error Compile error cant find project or library then takes me into the VB, the section it takes me to is talking bout setlanguagestrings? but when you close this screen excel works fine. any help please thanks in advance David Hi, Maybe an add-in with a programming error is bothering you. 1 Tools, Add-ins 2 note which are checked 3 uncheck all (but one) 4 restart XL 5 if no error, check the next one and repeat from step 4 Got the error? uncheck the one you last checked. Not an add-in? It will be a (hidden) workbook t...

HELP: Sheet embedded comboboxes
Hi all, I am assisting somebody with their excel project and they have a sheet with comboboxes in it. When a value is selected, it populates cells underneath, however when the data is freshly loaded, the cell underneath is given the value but the combobox does not update to this value. I have tried to click on the box to edit it, however no matter how many times i click i cannot seem to get it to recognise i've clicked. In other words, the resizing box does not come up and i have no right-click menu. All i can do is select from the drop down list without any editing of the proper...

Handling concurrent access with excel spreadsheets
We have a scenario in my group where one user may be updating a spreadsheet, and 3 or 4 others may be accessing it in read-only mode at the same time. When all is said and done, it is not uncommon for nobody to be able to get into the sheet in update mode, even after all users who had been in the sheet have exited. This seemed to become an issue with the introduction of Windows XP. Short of trying to convince people to only go in one at a time, does anyone have any concurrent access tips to offer? Or, is there a way to inquire on all enqueues against a given sheet and then ...

Is there a stability issue when working with graphs?
Every time I copy a graph from Excel into PowerPoint 2007 then try to format the graph, PowerPoint freezes up. For kicks I waited over an hour to no avail. This problem also occurs when I choose to build the graph within PowerPoint. Does anyone know why this is happening and if there is a solution? Thx Start by making sure you have SP2 installed...and then install this hotfix: http://blogs.technet.com/arykhus/ -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36g...

Making Distribution From Excel
I have a need to make Outlook 2000 distribution Lists from an excel spreadsheet. I tried using the import function, but got the DL imported as contacts instead. Is there an easy way to import an excel spreadsheet (or .txt or .csv) file as a true distribution list? Regards, Frank ...

Creating a graph with 3 lines
Hello, hope you can help. I am trying to do a break-even analysis in the form of a graph. I am extreamly stuck on what to do Ive searched help and it gives me the option of downloading a wrksheet to input all the details but that is not what i am wanting. I just want to enter the details in excel as I already know the amounts and then to be presented with a simple graph with 3 entries. What do I search under to help me input 3 sources of information in like the fixed costs, selling costs and variable costs? Im realy stuck!!! Gillian7117 wrote: > Hello, hope you can help. > I am try...

Excel Integration
I am automating the entry of a sales invoice spreadsheet from excel into dynamics using sanscript code in the Excel VBA module (which works fine), but having a problem posting the nominal ledger codes in the distributions scrolling window. Do you have some sample code to demonstrate how to move "down" to the second line of the grid. ie How do you define the line numbers for the field names ? Thanks for any help ...

Excel printing problems with macros in spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have an older printer (Xerox Phaser 5400) which has been a work horse. I have just purchased a new iMac that has Leopard on it. Now, my spreadsheets that were made in 2008 Excel won't print to the Xerox if they have macros in them. Anyone have a fix on this? I uploaded the driver AGAIN from Xerox website and it doesn't fix the problem. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3347691155_512...

How to Display Message after the completion of OS task in EXCEL.
Hi, I am using a VB script in order to perform Operating system task vi EXCEL. The routine, which is written in Excel VB, take a backup of files. When the code runs it�s begin backup of several OS files via Comman prompt. But after the completion of backup we can't know when its end or is i successful or not. I wanted that when this activity completes, a message box appear o EXCEL, which informs that the task is completed and its statu (successful or unsuccessful). What extra piece of code I add in the following code in order t accomplish the desired result? Could some please inform...

excel formula.
=IF(Sheet1!B4=Sheet1!B1,2,If(Sheet1!B4>Sheet1!B1,1,If (Sheet1!B4<Sheet1!B1,4) In the above formula how would I insert an incremental amount. ie: If(Sheet1!B4>Sheet1!B1,1, the increase to be by two and the result remain one. ie: (Sheet1!B4<Sheet1!B1,4) the decrease be by 1 with the result remaining 4 I am sure that what you want to do is possible, but you have to be a little more descriptive to make us understand. Thanks. Ideally, put up some cell names, put values, then say what you want done. Boris >-----Original Message----- >=IF(Sheet1!B4=Sheet1!...