random pages

I have developed pages that randomly define a set of normal lung
function data based on gender, age and height.  I have applied formulas
to this data simulate 5 classic lung function abnormalities (normal,
restrictive, obstructive, mixed and early obstructive.)    Currently
the sheets that define the abnormal are named by one of the above lung
abnormalities.  I would like to present data from random pages in a
work book to students and rather than have the pages named by the
abnormality be named a simulated patient name.

My questions.

Can I have the name of a sheet set to equal data from to cells (e.g. a
male first name and another last name?

Can you randomly present sheets?

Should I use a pivot table to do this?

0
amoss (1)

Sheet names can reflect cell contents but only with the help of VBA.

Depending on what you mean by "present a sheet", probably yes.

Don't really see a role for a PivotTable in this but then the description of
what's what is reasonably vague.

That said, I am not sure you are using the correct program.  Wouldn't
something like PowerPoint be more suited to a 'flash cards' application?

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <1139097429.915737.189670@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
amoss@kvcc.edu says...
> I have developed pages that randomly define a set of normal lung
> function data based on gender, age and height.  I have applied formulas
> to this data simulate 5 classic lung function abnormalities (normal,
> restrictive, obstructive, mixed and early obstructive.)    Currently
> the sheets that define the abnormal are named by one of the above lung
> abnormalities.  I would like to present data from random pages in a
> work book to students and rather than have the pages named by the
> abnormality be named a simulated patient name.
>
> My questions.
>
> Can I have the name of a sheet set to equal data from to cells (e.g. a
> male first name and another last name?
>
> Can you randomly present sheets?
>
> Should I use a pivot table to do this?

Using postcard in page setup
Using the postcard setup, 4 copies of my design on one page, the bottom two designs are partially cut off when I print. Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Cheri" <Cheri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:869CB31F-2CF4-4DD8-8E3F-C5CFD7527522@microsoft.com... > Using the postcard setup, 4 copies of my design on one page, the bottom two > designs are partially cut off when I print. ...

Random
How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? int RandomNumber = (rand() * 0xff) / RAND_MAX; -- Bjarne Nielsen "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:0b6a01c3a84c$5733a890$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? rnd()%0x100; or rnd() & 0xff; Ruben On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 04:07:13 -0800, "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> wrote: >How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? ...

Moving a Text Box on a page
I am starting my third newsletter. Most pages have two text boxes side by side equidistance from the borders with a space in the middle between the two columns. This time I can't seem to use the up/down/left/right arrows to move my text boxes where I want to place them. Selecting the text box & dragging it is not satisfactory as the range is too large. The little vertical circles (top one green) connected by a vertical line are displayed when I click/select the text box I wish to move. But the text box won't move when I select the arrow keys. What am I doing wrong or no...

can you move pages from one document into another in Publisher?
Hello, Let's say you have a Publisher document. It has 10 pages in it that you want to put into another Publisher document. How do you do this? I'm not talking about saving to a PDF or adding to an artwork library, etc. In PowerPoint, if you are in slide-sorter view, you can copy a slide from one document, then go to the other document and hit paste. Then the slide will go over to the new document. I'm looking to do something like that. Even better would be something like an "import pages from another Publisher document" function. So you could tell the computer t...

Help Update
After downloading and installing the new Online Help Update, and following the instructions to update the files, The link to the pages failes when requesting Help on this page or clicking the ? on a CRM window. Pages are there, and work fine through the TOC or when running from Outlook. Any ideas how to fix the link from the Web Client? -- Gary G. Bluewave Computing ------=_NextPart_0001_79CFF727 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <GaryG@discussions.microsoft.com> wote: > After downloading and installing the new Online Help Update, and following > ...

Random Numbers not Random
When I create random numbers for an application with the following code, they do not appear to be truely random. Me.RandomNumber = Int(9 * Rnd + 1) ' Random Number 1-9 If I have two users setting side by side, they frequently get the same results when they start up Am I missing somthing? Any help would be appreciated -- Frank Wagner fwagner111@aol.com Frank, Have you tried a Randomize statement just before the RND? That should do it. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job tha...

Exchange server randomly asking random users to Authenticate randomly...
Has anyone had a problem like this where a user is in their Exchange mailbox using Outlook 2003 and the server prompts them for their credentials? If they hit cancel and exit out of Outlook and run it again it lets them into their mailbox. Thank you, Benjamin Pls make sure the outlook 2003 Client does not using Cache mode If is ,pls clearn this option -- Jammy "Benjamin Chan" <bchan[pleasenospam]@controlproductsinc.com> ���g��l��s�D :#BxdizrtEHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Has anyone had a problem like this where a user is in their Exchange mailbox > using Outlo...

VB:Resize Visio Page Automatically
Hi, I'm trying to find the right method for resizing a page containin number of shapes... i know how to set the formula in the cell "PageWidth" and "PageHeight", but the number of shapes can dramaticall vary. So, i want to adjust the page size. Pleaz help! thanx a lot Avalon2 -- avalon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- avalon27's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=18 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=68919 Visit - http://www.officehelp.in | http://www.officehelp.in/archive/index.php...

unable to insert page numbers
my ms word 7 (enterprise package) has ceased to allow my to insert page numbers. Everythng else is working fine. I click "insert", that's ok; I click "page numbers" , that's ok; then I click "top of page" or "bottom, etc." and this is where my word 7 fails because no further option choice appear (though they had before). The only option to appear is "save selection as page number" and this is "grayed out" unless of course I have some current text selected. this is the same problem whether I attempt to insert ...

Generating Correlated Random Values in Excel
Hi Mike, Thanks so much for your advice. I think that I have it figured out, but can you confirm this for me? I can't afford to screw this up. If mean(inflation) = .031 stdev(inflation) = .047 mean(stock return) = .106 stdev(stock return) = .204 Column Headers: A B C D 1 Z1 Z2 Inflation Stock Return Data Generation Formulas A2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) B2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) C2 =0.031+0.047*A2 D2 =0.106+0.204*(A2*rho+B2*(1-rho^2)^0.5) Are these formulas correct to generate the random data? Particularly cell D2. Does this give me a complete value that t...

move between pages with out scrolling
I am currently using a 20 page spread sheet and i am new to this the only way i can move from one page to another is to scrool down through the pages is there a way to type in a page number a cell number or even the arrows that move you through the program easier any help would be very helpful Macro, from excel help Arrow keys Move one cell up, down, left, or right. CTRL+arrow key Move to the edge of the current data region. HOME Move to the beginning of the row. CTRL+HOME Move to the beginning of the worksheet. CTRL+END Move to the last cell on the worksheet, in the bottom-most used...

Custom page sizes in Excel
In Lotus, I could specify a custom page size (i.e. 4.25 X 3.5). Is there ANY way to do this in Excel? It was great for making small laminated cards for contact info etc. ...

How do I move the page breaks in Excel 2007
Please see Subject Question File|Print Preview|Page Break Preview - Move Blue lines accordingly OR File|Page Setup|Fit to X Page(s) Wide by X Pages Tall "Ozbod06" wrote: > Please see Subject Question ...

Can't email URL or Web page from IE
I'm using Outlook 2003, SP2. Recently, I can't send a URL or a Web Page from IE (both 6 and 7). The symptom is that I can send either a URL or a Web Page the 1st time per boot-up. But subsequent tries gives me a message box saying failure to send. Also, after failure, when I start Outlook and click New, the window is shrunk from my normal full screen to just a small title bar. Any fixes for this nuisance? ...

random pages
I have developed pages that randomly define a set of normal lung function data based on gender, age and height. I have applied formulas to this data simulate 5 classic lung function abnormalities (normal, restrictive, obstructive, mixed and early obstructive.) Currently the sheets that define the abnormal are named by one of the above lung abnormalities. I would like to present data from random pages in a work book to students and rather than have the pages named by the abnormality be named a simulated patient name. My questions. Can I have the name of a sheet set to equal data from to ...

some pages landscape and some as portrait
I'm creating a 20 plus page report and some of the pages I want as landscape and some as portrait. If I change the setup on one page, it does it for all of them. Is there a solution for this? Any help is appreciated. In essence it is changing the orientation to landscape when you rotate the objects. If you were creating a booklet, the rotated page would appear landscaped. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "wardt508" <wardt508@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:004E6B0F-F54C-4...

Importing Yahoo Yellow Pages Into Excel
Has anyone been successful in doing the above? Hi Carol, You can open the file in excel, then take a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm to get the two rows into one row. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Carol Harb" <Carol Harb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3B96450-B4E5-4E3A-887B-B7ACFBB9D514@microsoft.com... > Has anyone been successful in doing the a...

Random Distribution
I need to randomly order numbers from a list or range of consecutive whole numbers, such that each number is listed only once. Can this be done in excel using functions, formulas or whatever? I want to incorporate it into a spreadsheet with a macro to automatically generate the list and use it to randomly designate selected entries. "Rick via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > I need to randomly order numbers from a list or range of consecutive whole > numbers, such that each number is listed only once. Can this be done in > excel using functions, formulas or whatever? I want to...

How to Retrieve Random Records through webservice method
Hi All, I'm writing an application that retrieve records from CRM 3.0 automatically using the web service. My question is, is there any way we can retrieve records randomly by using any webservice method? Like we can use RAND() or NEWID() to achieve this in SQL. Please help me if you have any idea about it. My sample method code is given below: CrmService service = new CrmService(); RetrieveMultipleRequest request2 = new RetrieveMultipleRequest(); // Create the ConditionExpression object. ConditionExpression condition = new ConditionExpression...

What is the meaning of these pages?
I had a real trouble with my SW and sent my question here but obviously I will never get any answer? When browsing the other threads I noticed that most are including only the question, no andwers - are they all already dead if they are not worth of answering - should I also be? no. the person who has the answer hasn't read the thread yet. do you have a question? Post it and see. >-----Original Message----- >I had a real trouble with my SW and sent my question here but obviously I >will never get any answer? > >When browsing the other threads I noticed that most a...

partial line prints to next page
I have a report where the last line of one page cuts off halfway through the letters. The line then prints on the next page. Any solutions? ...

Can I save one page of a multi-page publication?
I can't email a 2-page brochure because the file is too large. Is there any way I can save only one page at a time so I can send each page as a separate file? I'm using Publisher 2003 and trying to send a brochure as a response to a job posting on craigslist. Convert the two page publication to a pdf. www.pimopdf.com offers a free pdf maker and use the 'screen' resolution option for small file size. DavidF "smesaros" <smesaros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C55CBB6B-AAB6-40B4-9590-F9FB2DBA5967@microsoft.com... >I can't email a ...

How do I move the data in one cell on a page to another page/cell
What command do I use to move the containts of one cell on a page to a different page and cell??? On the receiving page and cell, type = then navigate to the sheet and cell where you wish to extract the data and press Enter. Assuming you were in cell B1 of Sheet2,and you wanted it to copy the value from Sheet1 cell A10, then Excel would insert the formula =Sheet1!A10 You can just type the formula yourself, but it is probably easier to let Excel do it for you first time. Note, if your sheet name contains spaces, then the formula need single quotes around the sheet name. ='My new s...

Moving a page from one publication to another
I am using Publisher 2003. I have a page I wish to copy from one publisher file to another one. Merge might be the term. I have tried copying & pasting, but I can't seem to work with the new page like one I created. It acts like a picture. The page is quite complicated and would take a very long time to recreate it again in my new publication. An added complication is the page I wish to transfer to my new publication was on a CD & I have since 'saved' it to my hard drive. Does this make a difference? What to do? Thanks in advance for your invaluable help, Cora...

Creation of web page(s)
Hi Each month I create a local printed magazine. With publisher 2000 there were not problems. Each printed page was created as an appropriate web page. I have upgraded publisher (nothing else) to version 2002. Now the pages print (from text) contain lots of images of words or sometimes the whole page is an image, bad for download times. What am i doing wrong, or point me at the appropriate resource. Thanks Webfoot k dot williamson at freeuk dot com ...