Radar Charting problems, Can I change...

Hi people

I have 2 queries relating to Radar charts in Excel (Office XP/2002).

Can I change the angle/start position of the first plotted point? I
always starts at 12 o'clock but I want it to start at 9 o'clock. I ca
re-order the data to achieve this effect but the data, to the viewer
is not in a logical sequence if I do that.

Then also, can I change the direction of the plotting from clockwise t
anti-clockwise?

Thanks in advance.

Stell

Stella -

You can't do these things (unless someone smarter than me knows how),
but you could set up a display range in the sheet, so the user sees data
in the way that makes sense, while the chart source data is hidden out
of sight. Either data set could be linked to the other, depending on
whether the user would be allowed to change the values.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Stella < wrote:

> Hi people
>
> I have 2 queries relating to Radar charts in Excel (Office XP/2002).
>
> Can I change the angle/start position of the first plotted point? It
> always starts at 12 o'clock but I want it to start at 9 o'clock. I can
> re-order the data to achieve this effect but the data, to the viewer,
> is not in a logical sequence if I do that.
>
> Then also, can I change the direction of the plotting from clockwise to
> anti-clockwise?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Stella
>

> ---

jonxlmvpNO (4558)
2/19/2004 3:55:36 PM
OK

Thanks for the information.

To get around this I have done pretty much what you suggested,
created a second worksheet that collects the data from the firs
worksheet, reorganises it then the chart is plotted from the 2n
sheet.

Thanks again.

Stell

Still having problems with web access.
OK - I can't even get to it locally from the browser on the server. This worked when I first installed it. I was able to get http://crm, create users, and assign licenses and roles. Now I can't even get back to that. I get a page does not exist error. Whe I go into the IIS console and use browse from the right click menu on default.aspx or loader.aspx I still get a page not found error. There are no errors in the event log. I tried an iis reset and that didn't help. I tried restarting all services associated with exchange, sql, crystal, and crm with no result and no ...

IF problems, PLEASE HELP!!! #2
Thanks for the help!!!! But it has an error :rolleyes: It says there is an error and then highlights "getting there". An ideas -- ryangruh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ryangruhn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1603 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27497 ...

Radar Map
Hi, Im using a radar map to display data. I have added in a new field that is automatically inserted into radar map (where the map gets its data from). The problem is, the web encircling the radar map no longer reaches around the entire radar map. There is a break at the new axis. Can someone inform me how to make it so that the web reaches around the entire radar again? what formatting field needs to be edited? or which data needs needs to be checked and how and where to find it. Thanks! Hi, I cannot duplicate that error on the outer web, but if stretch/shrink the chart wind...

Can someone please help me
im not the best at my formulaes when it comes to excel, im on a trial period for a I.T company and ive been asked to come up with a formule. heres my problem, 2 different values in cell a,5014 & 5015, now basic formula is if cell A = 5014. L-M. so the L & M rows which have 5014 in thier row are used in this calculation, can someone please help me. as im under a lot of pressure. -- stevenmorrison ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stevenmorrison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26188 View this thre...

startup problems
hi. I really like WLPG,and I use it to manage my family pictures. Today, when I start up the WLPG, it can't start up as normal. the message it shows is 'Can't start up ,for not enough hard disk, or some important files are lost'.then it exists. Some basic informations for reference. OS: Vista Home Basic Machine Type´┐Ż´┐ŻLenovo Thinkpad SL400 c drivers disk has at least 80GB spaces which is empty in fact. A.I uninstalled Windows Live Suite ,and re-install. can't solve the problem. B. the install process is normal.and the others work fine( like live mail, ...

how do I get more than 19 bars on a bar chart
Hi! I have three columns of data each containing 84 entries. These are grouped in threes, and I wish to create a bar chart to show the comparison between groups A, B and C. I use the chart wizard, create a bar chart, then create the series. Then for each series I go down the column with CTRL held down, selecting each third entry. This is fine for 19 entries, but when I click to select entry no. 20, the series clears itself. If I highlight 20 entries and then click on Insert/chart, I get the message 'Series formula is too long'. Can anyone explain please how to over come t...

Working directory problems
Hello, My application runs from C:\Program Files\Superna\ConfigNet\Bin (a.k.a Bin Directory) directory. My shared dll are in C:\Program Files\Superna\Common Files (a.k.a CommonFiles Directory) directory. My application dllz are in the Bin Directory. My application uses dll files both from my Bin Directory and my CommonFiles Directory. My application shortcut exists both in Start->Programs->Superna and on the user's desktop. User can doubleclick an nfg file so the application will run and load the nfg file (my network file). In order to support this behaviour I did the following...

address2 fields can not be saved for same account!
Hi Everyone! In my CRM, I input data into Address2 for an exsiting account, then click save and close. But nonthing is saved for address2. Nothing is saved in database. When I create a new account, I can save address2 without any problem. And some existing records in CRM also can save address2. Any help is needed! Thanks Hi, Could be some scripting is misbehaving within the onload/onsave event? Best regards, Merijn "Andrew" wrote: > Hi Everyone! > > In my CRM, I input data into Address2 for an exsiting account, then click > save and close. But nonthing i...

VB editing -- multiple charts on a chart-page
A single chart-sheet can contain multiple independent charts. However, the VB "Project Explorer" hierarchy shows only the *first* chart placed on the chart-sheet. There doesn't appear to be a way to access the second, third, nth chart on the chart-sheet from within the VB editor. Does anyone know how to do this? Subject: Re: precise positioning of objects From: "Jon Peltier" <jonpeltierNOSPAM@yahoo.com> Sent: 10/22/2003 11:53:33 AM You need to use VBA: ' Move and resize selected object selection.left=5 selection.top=100 selection...

Post sp2 problems
I am having extreme trackpad and button problems after installing sp2 on a G4 power book running Tiger 10.4.2. I have two of them and have cloned the problem one to the other, so know that the problem is software, not hardware. While I am typing in any application, the cursor frequently jumps to nearby text and selects it, causing the nearby text to be deleted on the next key stroke. Cursor also sometimes will not respond when moved from one place to another and will not select the correct text. I have been through extensive tech support with Apple, reset parameter ram, reset pmu, trashed ...

Automatic Charting in Excel
Hello, I was wondering if there was anyway to create a macro that would automatically open with a .cvs file and produce a chart of the data. I am not familiar with VBA and though I did find a similar macro on this group (posted 10/20/2003), it doesn't open automatically and for some reason gets caught up in an infinite loop. Another option I'm interested in would be a button on the toolbar in excel that when clicked could automatically create a chart. Also, is there any easy way to have it chart some columns but not others? Thanks for your time and assistance! Any constructive id...

CFileDialog Problem...help!
When user select the file in CFileDialog with double click the file,it will invoke WM_LBUTTONUP message.But I have to handle OnLButtonUp() event in my application. So when user double click to select the file,my application does not work as expect. But when user clicks on the filename once and then clicks "Open" button it will be OK. Do u guys encounter the similar problem ? How to Clear the WM_LBUTTONUP message which the CFileDialog invoke ? Thanks! So let me get this straight, you have derived a class from CFileDialog, and you are catching the WM_LBUTTONUP of the ListControl th...

data source for chart
I have spreadsheets with a lot of data in them. I have multiple columns. The two columns I need to compare right now have initials in one column and dates in another column. The initials are nurses and the date column is a denial date. I need to create a chart that will show a possible trend of certain nursing staff having a higher number of denials. I know I highlight those two columns, but I think I have to change the date data to something that can be counted??? Please advise. I am desperate. and there are more of these kind of charts to come that I will have to do. Thank yo...

Problems with Outllook 2007 und Outlook 2002 hyperlinks
Hello everybody, Well, I have a problem that may be caused by an incompatibility between Outlook 2002 an Outlook 2007. When I try to attach a file as a hyperlink(Attach menu --- File --- Attach as hyperlink with Outlook 2007 the hyperlink is underlined as ordinary an can be clicked on. When this message is sent an opend by the receiver with an Outlook 2002 client the link isn`t underlinded an can`t be clicked on. So the link seems to got lost. Is this a known incompatibility between Outlook 2002 and 2007? Does anybody know a solution for this problem? Thank you for every hint! Arno L...

symbol font in chart doesn't appear
I use symbol font in spread sheet (alpha, beta, ...), and then make a chart based on them but in chart they don not appear as symbol font. They are read "a", "b". How can I solve to read greece alphabets in charts? -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan Hi, The chart does not automatically pick up the font attributes from the cells. So you will have to apply the formatting yourself. Double click the axis and via the Font tab of the Format dialog set the Font to Symbol. Cheers Andy Khoshravan w...

copying cells without changing reference
on worksheet 1, i want to have a column of cells that do the following: 2D = 2A + 1A 3D = 3A + 1A 4D = 4A + 1A i want one reference to change and one reference to stay the same. i that possible, and if so, how? i just figure it out, by using the indirect function again... 2d=2a+indirect("1a") then just copy that cell. wow, i love indirect -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com hi, Absolute reference uses Dollar signs ($). $A$1 will stay the same no matter where you paste it $A1 the collumn will not change but the row will A$1 The Row will not change but the column ...

Outlook 2003 font size problem
Good Morning People, I have a problem with the size of a font being displayed. HWtas happening is that When I create a new e-mail I use a size 10 font but whats happening it is displaying but the font looks more like a size 12, so what i did is reduce it to 8 which then looks like a size. Any explination to what is going on and any solution to whats going on. Many Thanks Slim ...

How can i track re-assigned contacts
I need help to keep track of re-assigned contacts in the CRM.Any help is greatly appreciated -- IT Manager By default when you assign a contact to some one else you automatically are assigned rights to the specific contact. You should still have access to those contacts. But what exactly do you mean with tracking a contact. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/technical.aspx Web: http://www.aviva-it.nl "Melvin F" wrote: > I need help to keep track of re-assigned contacts in the CRM.Any help is > greatly appr...

'Closing' chart window *and* removing chart using VBA
Hello, When an embedded chart is in its window, clicking the 'X' of the window merely removes the window but does not remove the chart (chart object). Is there a way to remove/delete the chart when clicking on the 'X'? In other words, can an an event of some sort that recognizes the Window becoming invisible, be used delete the chart? Would this sort of this be solved with Windows handles and APIs...? Thanks/Cheers. Marc R. Bertrand I suspect that you can probably do what you want with some amount of event / Win API programming. However, as pointed out in the response t...

Junk email filter problems
The Junk E-mail Options - Safe Senders tab states "E-mail from addresses or domain names on your Safe Senders List will never be treated as junk e-mail. In that list I have (for example) nytdirect@nytimes.com which is the from address for a daily DealBook summary to which I have subscribed. Yet, in an unpredictable pattern, email from this address lands in my Junk E-mail folder. Each time, I click on the "Not Junk" toolbar button and am then informed in a "Mark as Not Junk" dialog box that "This message will be moved back into the Inbox Folder." I then leave...

Problem with email account
Beginning two days ago sent email messages are remaining active in my "Outbox". I have verified with a few people that the messages were sent to that they were indeed sent and that doesn't seem to be a problem. Thanks for your assistance! ...

Problem with Access 2007
Hi, all ! Hope some one help me here ! There are some strange to me in A2007, some syntax will come wrong like : Right or Format in Query and Report. In A2003 they worked OK ! I don't know why ! Pls help me out ! Thanks ur time. Luan from VietNam ...

formatting or moving a radar chart's axis labels
I am attempting to change the orientation of a radar chart's axis labels. Its orientation seems locked in place immediately to the left of the 360=B0 gridline. I would like the ability to display the axis labels directly over the range rings and along other gridlines, such as 180=B0 or 270=B0. With other charts, the formatting option allows one to select "high", "low", or "next to axis" to change the position of the axis. This maneuver seems to have no affect whatsoever on a radar chart. As a final resort, I suppose I could turn the axis labels off...

Charts/ Graphs and Dates Trouble
Charts/ Graphs and Dates Trouble -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Folks; I'm working on a spreadsheet where I have the need to add graphs from live information in the spreadsheet. This spreadsheet is being asked to stand alone as a Template that any Job Document can be imported into, and various data will fill into a "Project At A Glimpse" page that will drive form other cells on other pages, and fill in cells involved in tables to create about 6 charts/graphs. I've dutifully made tables for the information needed, but th...

svchost.exe problem
Hi Please help me in solving this issue i am facing a problem in my company which to be seems like a conficker or other type of virus or trojan what this virus or trojan do to the PC's is:. 1. it change your PC to be a workgroup. 2. it stop the NET LOGON from services. 3. cannot access any share folder from any other PC. 4. disable change the computer name from my computer Properties. _______________________ what i did is: 1. scanning with mcafee and every time it gives me this message: "Blocked by Buffer Overflow Protection NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C...