Hi, just wondering if there is a quick solution to my problem.  I have
several charts, all virtually identical except for the data values in
them, and i have one chart per sheet, and about 100 sheets.

The problem is that some charts are positioned slightly different on
their respective sheets then others on other sheets, although some are
identical from sheet to sheet aswell.   Just wondering if there is a
quick way to select them all, line them up identically on each sheet,
with all the same size/formating etc.?

Thanks.

--
Boon8888
Boon8888's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30647

anyone have any ideas? or is it not possible?

Thanks

--
Boon8888
Boon8888's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30647
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505112

Hi Boon,

It would be rather tedious with 100+ sheets, but one solution would be
to Copy a "donor" chart, then Paste Special the format of the donor
chart to the recipient chart(s):

- Arrange all chart objects in the donor chart the way you want.
- Select the chart area of the donor chart, right-click, Copy.
- Select the chart area of the recipient chart, Edit, Paste Special,
"Formats."
- Repeat.

Read more at (watch the linewrap):

http://itstutorials.niu.edu/downloads/excel2003/session%203%20excel%202003%20charting%20&%20linking/excel%20charting%20quick%20quide.pdf

hth,

LeAnne

Boon8888 wrote:

> Hi, just wondering if there is a quick solution to my problem.  I have
> several charts, all virtually identical except for the data values in
> them, and i have one chart per sheet, and about 100 sheets.
>
> The problem is that some charts are positioned slightly different on
> their respective sheets then others on other sheets, although some are
> identical from sheet to sheet aswell.   Just wondering if there is a
> quick way to select them all, line them up identically on each sheet,
> with all the same size/formating etc.?
>
> Thanks.

0
nospam2791 (369)

Copying certain column information quickly
As you know in Excel you could quickly copy the information you needed with a drag of the mouse. Because I need information copied repeatedly and easily for my access unfirmiliar co workers. Example JOB CUSTOMER QUOTE # A B1 110701 A(copied) A2 110701 (copied) A(copied) C4 110701 (copied) How do I do this quickly and efficiently for the computer challenged. Sorry, Access is a database, not a spreadsheet, and can't be used like one. You can write some code to select the rows that you want to ...

Chart question
I am trying to make a chart that shows 2009 numbers versus 2008 numbers and here is my issue: I have 4 cities Chicago(A1), Dallas(A2), Detroit(A3), and Los Angeles(A4) that I have for 2008 and 2009 but I added 2 cities for 2009. Is there a way to do a vlookup to pull the data for the chart or do I have to set up the data sheets the same way...I tried to make this short so sorry if its not enough info, just let me know if I can clear something up. Thanks in advance You should put your new cities in A5 and A6 (just their names --- <grin>) In B5 and B6 enter =NA() which wil...

Interactive Charts
Can you create links from part of a graph in excel to drill down? For example, in Adobe, you can set up a link so that a given bar when touched triggers a link to another chart. Can this be done in Excel? Yes, it can be done by using a textbox, and assigning a hyperlink to this. Select your chart and click the textbox icon on Drawing toolbar. Put the textbox in the chart where you want it and type for instance "Link". Select the textbox and click it again so you see the textbox border get a different appearance (to a finer dotted border). In the menu Insert/Hyperlink choo...

Pivot tables
Hi, I've got multiple pivot tables reports in an excel workbook that all share the same data source, which is a microsoft access query. I now want to add a couple of extra fields to the report ... so, i can add this to the microsoft access query, but it doesn't show up in the pivot table report automatically when I refresh it. So I open up the pivot table wizard on the first report and edit the data source to include the extra data fields. However it's only updated on the report i edited and not any of the other ones that share this data source. If i go into each...

Overlay charts
I am looking to produce overlay charts and would like confirmation of my own understanding of this topic. Previous posts have yielded some very helpful results (thanks Jon Peltier). Am I right in thinking that to produce overlay charts it is something that I have to code into the chart rather than it being a standard Excel menu option? From the previous replies I have got example code and I can handle that but I just wanted to make sure that was the way to go?? Thanks for your comments, Ian Ian - Do you mean you want to make a combination chart? The built in combination charts are ...

Preventing NULL showing as 0 on a pivot chart using Office Web Component.
Hi, Does anyone know how to prevent the null showing as 0 on a pivot chart? My reports contains forcast and YTD(year to date) trend lines. The YTD for future months are null and the nulls show as 0 on a pivot chart which we don't want. Is there a way to prevent this? If the same data were charted on Excel, Excel will not plot the null on pivot chart(that's what we want). Thanks in advance for your help. Excel has no null. Presumably you have formulas that either return 0 or "". You can either delete the formulas until they are needed, or have them return #N/A to get th...

Quick help with excel formula
Ok, i need a forumla. this is what I want, i have two columns like this Time Start: ............. Time Finish: ............ I fill out these two columns like this Time Start: ...17:42... Time Finish: ...18:25.. Now i have another Column that says Training Length: ........ I want this to work out the time between 17:42 and 18:25 Any one help pleas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi simply =A2-A1 and format as time If your training time can span midnight use the formula =A2-A1+(A2<A1) >-----Original Message----- >Ok, i need a forumla. > >this is what ...

Quick Question
I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2010? Michael On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:59:26 +0000 (UTC), Rev. Michael L. Burns <sdbpastor@charter.bet> wrote: > >I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently >set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a >way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2...

Microsoft Graph Does not work
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel When I double click on a chart I created in Word to edit it, Microsoft Graph opens and says the message: MICROSOFT GRAPH CANNOT LOAD THE MICROSOFT GRAPH SAHRED LIBRARIES The Files may have been moved from their original locations. Try the following: - Move Graph back to the Office folder (or the folder it was installed in) - Reinstall Graph to make sure all files are installed correctly Then I get a message from Word saying: WORD CANNOT EDIT THE MICROSOFT GRAPH CHART This never happened before, one day at 1 AM when I n...

Create tables on multiple sheets from list
Hey everyone, I have been tinkering around with excel a bit, and I am curious is I could get the following done in a macro. I have a sheet with some lists. Each list has different values from the other list. Now I want to combine these lists into a table (not a pivot, because data has to be inserted later) along with a calendar, maybe in a template if that makes it easier, and then add new sheets with the name and referenced table according to the lists. To give the example, starting from A1 on Sheet 1. List A List B List C Calendar 1 ...

Is there a quick way to...
highlighting only the odd or even numbered rows? Thanks. Something like this should do: Sub banding() ActiveSheet.Range("A65536").Select Selection.End(xlUp).Select lastrow = ActiveCell.Row Range("A6:AK" & lastrow).Select Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone 'Change rownum to the the first row number where data occurs rownum = 6 For i = 1 To (lastrow - rownum) Step 2 Range("B" & rownum + i & ":AK" & rownum + i).Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 15 .Pattern = xlSolid End With ...

showing percentages in pie charts
I've created some pie charts, and they work fine, but I need to change the percentages to display more granularly by increasing decimal positions. There are a number of items showing as 0% when in fact they might be .25% or ..33%, and for this particular application I need to be able to show that, and so far can't find the answer. Thanks, Dan -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com Hi Dan, Double click the data labels and ...

physical inventory count sheets
Allow headquarters to view and approve/post the stores physical inventory count sheets. This would mean you would have to transfer them from the store to hq for viewing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Communi...

Line chart with more than 65535 data values
Hello, I have a text file with each data (from instrument) separated by comma, ie it looks like this.... 123.0,111.0,100.0,98,0,254.0, etc, etc, As you can see, it is just one row of data. The text file usually has more 65000 of these data. Is it possible to plot this data using line chart? These data values will be on the Y-axis. Any suggestions willl be greatly received. Many thanks, Bharesh Do you have a 50 foot roll of paper to print it? Otherwise the data points will be lost! -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "m4nd4li4" <xrddiffr...

Charting problem
I have spent several hours on a worksheet, the main purpose of which is to produce chart information. Each time I go to produce a chart I get the following error message. Your formula contains an invalid external reference to a worksheet. I have examined the worksheet many times. Re did it from scratch and keep getting the same message. Can anyone help please. Paul F try edit>find [ to look for links and/or change links by edit>links or use this add in http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/mvp/ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Paul" <pfsc23599@blueyonder.co.uk...

License Question
I know a user needs a license to the Sales module to see it in CRM client, but does a user need a Sales License to use CRM Sales For Outlook? Or will just a standard license do? Anybody know? From what I have read in the IG the license you pruchase for the Sales (or Customer Service) module will entitle you to use both the web browser interface and/or the Outlook client interface with no additional cost. Panayiotis On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:01:10 -0700, Heather Bain <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know a user needs a license to the Sales module to see it in CRM cl...

Quick campaign- change to all quick campaigns
Does any one know how to set the following to default. In the quick campaign view, change 'my quick campaigns' to 'all quick campaigns' Cheers Sid ...

Re: Missing Sheet Tab
My MS office is Office 2003. While open Excel, the sheet tab is not shown at the bottom of the workbook, I should click Tools -> Option to check the sheet tab to have the sheet tabs every time. How can I set the Excel open the workbook with the sheet tab ? Also, there is an extra menu shown in the top of the menu bar, i.e. File, Edit, View, Insert, .......addin, Help. While I click the addin, a message shown that the file solution.xls not found. How to remove the "addin" from the menu bar. Thanks, Have you looked in Tools>Add-ins for some add-in to unlo...

Ranking Chart
Hello I have to do a chart from a lot of different dealers. However, I only want the top 10 dealers to be on the chart and a sum of the rest as others. Is that possible? How could I do a tornado style chart? Thanks for your help -- cartera ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cartera's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37669 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=572776 Hi, You will need to sort your data before it goes into the chart. You can then either manually select the to...

Quick Links Copy
Is there any way to copy Quick Links from one GP 10 user to another? Rich, I assume by "quick links" you are referring to the items on the user's Shortcut Bar. If this is correct, you can run the following query: INSERT INTO [DYNAMICS].[dbo].[SY01990] ([ScbGroupType] ,[ScbOwnerID] ,[ScbNodeID] ,[ScbParentNodeID] ,[ScbShortcutType] ,[ScbSubType] ,[ScbDisplayName] ,[ScbShortcutKey] ,[ScbTargetStringOne] ,[ScbTargetStringTwo] ,[ScbTargetStringThree] ...

Excel 97 Graphs/Charts What's happened to the colours?
I had just got to grips with the charting options in Exdcel 97 when the other day, all my nice charts had changed colour, THey are now all wishy washy colours and I can't find out how to change the default colour settings to give me more colourful options. Can anyone help? Maybe you changed the palette in the workbook. Look at Tools, Options, Color. The Reset button will restore the default palette. Before changing anything you might want to save the customized palette in another which you can do from the same dialog. Chart colours in Series are automatically applied from bottom ...

problem with an Excel chart
I'm trying to create a basic line chart in Excel. There are 6 series and each series has 5,000 data points. The resulting curves are short, i.e., they don't expand when I resize the chart. I also get a warning about the series size limit being 32,000 points. I have a total of 30,000 points among all 6 series. In the Y-values box in the chart wizard, for example, I'm defining the series in column B of tab A as A!$B2:$B5001, with the series name in cell B1. The scale for the x-axis only has options for number of categories between tick marks and number of categories be...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

CSplitterWnd questions
I would like to integrate a CSplitterWnd into my existing application. I have a window derived from CFormView containing two CListCtrl objects. I would like to place a CSplitterWnd horizontally between the two CListCtrl objects. All of the samples I can find for CSplitterWnd show the splitter being placed in a CMainFrame. Is there any way to place the CSplitterWnd in a CFormView? What would I have to change to get a CSplitterWnd between the two CListCtrl's on a CFormView? Thank you. CSplitterWnd wasn't designed for that. Take a look at these instead: http://www.codeproje...

Is this chart possible?
Hi. I would like to visuablize the following data (simplified from real data) in a chart. I fiddled around for +1 hours and didn't even get something close to what I had in mind. time value1 value2 13:15 10 0.25 13:17 110 0.95 13:26 140 0.99 13:45 150 1.14 13:47 150 1.00 This data represents measurement times of 2 values, which I would like to show in a line graph. The times are not equally distributed. They should be on the x-axis. value1 and value2 should be on the y-axis. Both values should use their own scale in order to maximize the y-axis. It...