Publishing Microsoft Excel Charts to the Web

I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site for
viewing in a web browser.  When I do so, the charts are
too large to fit on one screen without scrolling.  Is
there a way to make the charts fit the size of the user's
browser window when you publish them?
0
jmintert (1)

Jim -

Embed the charts in a worksheet (right click, Location, As Object In:
Sheet Name), and size them to fit before exporting.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Jim wrote:

> I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site for
> viewing in a web browser.  When I do so, the charts are
> too large to fit on one screen without scrolling.  Is
> there a way to make the charts fit the size of the user's
> browser window when you publish them?

0
DOjonNOT (619)

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

XP: copy/paste from Access into Excel
Hello I am converting lots of Access/Excel apps to the XP version and I hav problems with the most stupid issues. Here is one of them: in the previous version (under NT) I could just copy and past tables/queries from Access into Excel (Crtl C/Crtl V) and everythin was working. Now the numbers are all formatted as text in Excel unless I past special (Biff5). I know I could use the Tools--> Analise it with Excel (from Access t Excel) but this opens the results in a new sheet and sometimes I nee to paste in a specified region of existing spreadsheets. Yes, I could also use pass through query ...

Installing components for Microsoft Excel XP
I Need Help. I recently demoted my PDC to a standard server and joined another domain. Now when I attempt to access Excel I receive the following: =========================================== "Installing components for Microsoft Excel" Installing: "Microsoft Excel Feature" =========================================== It runs and then goes away but it does this every time I open Excel. How do I get rid of this message. I really don't want to re-install Excel. Things I have done. 1. Copied the old user's profile to the new one. 2. Move the Application Data...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Export Chart as GIF on Macintosh OS X
I get an error message trying to export a chart on a Mac running OS X Excel version "X for Mac, Service Release 1" from the following code: Sub ExportChart() MsgBox (ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.Name) ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export FileName:="mychart.gif" FilterName:="GIF" End Sub ... I've never had issues on a PC...and the first MsgBox line work fine, just as a check... I get: "Application Error '1004'"... Thanks in advance, this is very frustrating... Ti -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In article <t...

Excel Sub
sub Excell do this end sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Fran Bradley" <fbyaright@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ejroFm20EHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > ...

publisher #74

Conditional Formatting Excel 2003
Need for conditional formatting to be TRUE if a cell is equal to any of several cells. Trying to use conditional formatting formula in cell A20: =IF(G20=J$8:J $12,TRUE,FALSE) so as to have the condition (color condition for A20) to be true. G20 contains the letter "E," and J8 through J12 contain C-, D+, D, D- and E. This does not work The condition works fine for single cell comparatives as follows: =IF (G20=J$12,TRUE,FALSE), where J12 contains an "E" and G20 likewise contains an E. I tried naming the range of cells containing the letters (LowRatings) and used the foll...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Refreshing a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object
Can a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object be refreshed by linking it to an excel spreadsheet? The "chart object" is being copied from the originating excel spreadsheet, using the special past function to make an Excel Chart Object in a Word doc. DonC, Use Paste Special, pasting it as an Excel Chart Object in the Word document. Use the Paste Link button. Now it's linked to the cells of the original worksheet. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "DonC" <don.cook@farmersinsurance.com> w...

Sending Publisher Files

Excel 2000 Toolbar Customization
I've customized the toolbars to my satisfaction and also created my own customized toolbar under 'views - toolbars'. The customized toolbars work great during a single Excel session. When I fire-up Excel the next time it's reverted to the as-delivered toolbars. What's wrong? How can I make a permanent change to the toolbars? Also on start-up, Excel sometimes opens two blank workbooks. What's that about? Thanks much for the help. On the custom toolbar issue: Run a search on your HDD to locate a file called Excel.xlb. If my guess is right. you'll find ...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Can I load a general macro without loading an excel document?
Can I load a general excel macro without loading an excel document so that it can be used by every document that is loaded with excel? -- Neil Wills UBmatrix If you create a personal.xls file, any macro in it will automatically be loaded whenever Excel is invoke. -- Gary's Student "Neil.Wills" wrote: > > Can I load a general excel macro without loading an excel document so that > it can be used by every document that is loaded with excel? > > -- > Neil Wills > UBmatrix ...

Runtime Error in Excel 2007
Runtime Error in Excel 2007 Everytime I open a .xls file I get a message that says Runtime Error R6025-pure virtual function call and when I click OK the program closes down. Unable to work on any files. I have installed all the updates available. Any help is appreciated. Curiously enough this seems to be related to Internet Explorer. Fwiw: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/925418 -- Jim "L J McKenney" <ljmac22@msn.net> wrote in message news:990a5590f5cb43209a29b135a7486f7f@ureader.com... | Runtime Error in Excel 2007 | | Everytime I open a .xls file ...

Digitally signed Excel project problem
When trying to save a digitally signed Excel project in Office 2000, I get the error message "Excel cannot sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. ...... How do I fix this problem please? ...

Microsoft CRM for Outlook
I have installed Microsoft CRM for Outlook on my computer. It worked for a little bit. Now every time I restart Outlook it crashes Outlook and disables Microsoft CRM for Outlook. I have to reopen Outlook and re-enable CRM for Outlook in order for it to work again. Do you know why this is happening? How is CRM for Outlook disabled/enabled (i.e. where are you going to "enable" the SFO client)? -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Brie" <Brie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Publisher 2000 #23

Publisher 2003

Excel Crash when using set command
I have a userform with numerous controls on it. The _Initialize event i fairly extensive, and one section is setting the following array, whic is declared in the form: Dim statusIndicators(8) As MSForms.Image 'Array of status indicators The code in the _Initialize method is as follows: 'Set status indicator image links With frmDataEntry Set statusIndicators(0) = .imgClaimInfo Set statusIndicators(1) = .imgAccidentInfo Set statusIndicators(2) = .imgInjuryInfo Set statusIndicators(3) = .imgCompensability Set statusIndicators(4) = .imgQuality Set statusIndicators(5) = .imgRTW Set statu...

upgrade publisher

Microsoft Publisher ?