Publishing charts - specify image name

We are using Excel to manipulate some real time data then publish the updated
results every 15 minutes to the Internet. I am publishing charts using
Excel's Save as Web Page feature, but then only want to use the images of the
charts as an included image in the actual web pages.
The images end up with names like "xyz_89654_image001.gif". The
"image001.gif" part I don't have a problem with - as long as there is only
one image in each subdirectory, that will be it, and the xyz comes from the
workbook name. It's the number in the middle that I have real problems with.
At the moment I only have a couple of lots of beta data to deal with (with 6
charts each) so I have hard coded the image name into the web pages and that
works fine. But I could end up with 100s of these and think specifying a
generic name for the image would be easier to automate.
Can this be done? I'm new at doing web pages so I may be approaching this
all the wrong way.

0
girl (27)

Hi,

Maybe you could make use of the charts .Export method via VBA.

 From Excel help:

Worksheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1) _
	.Chart.Export _
	FileName:="current_sales.gif", FilterName:="GIF"

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe you could make use of the charts .Export method via VBA.
>
>  From Excel help:
>
> Worksheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1) _
> 	.Chart.Export _
> 	FileName:="current_sales.gif", FilterName:="GIF"
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Watermelon girl wrote:
> > We are using Excel to manipulate some real time data then publish the updated
> > results every 15 minutes to the Internet. I am publishing charts using
> > Excel's Save as Web Page feature, but then only want to use the images of the
> > charts as an included image in the actual web pages.
> > The images end up with names like "xyz_89654_image001.gif". The
> > "image001.gif" part I don't have a problem with - as long as there is only
> > one image in each subdirectory, that will be it, and the xyz comes from the
> > workbook name. It's the number in the middle that I have real problems with.
> > At the moment I only have a couple of lots of beta data to deal with (with 6
> > charts each) so I have hard coded the image name into the web pages and that
> > works fine. But I could end up with 100s of these and think specifying a
> > generic name for the image would be easier to automate.
> > Can this be done? I'm new at doing web pages so I may be approaching this
> > all the wrong way.
> >

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

Pivot Chart problems
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B3_01C4E370.755D7D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have two issues with pivot charts. 1) I create a pivot table and chart with VB. I want thick lines on the = chart, so I do as follows: For i =3D 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count .SeriesCollection(i).Select With Selection.Border .Weight =3D xlThick End With Next This works great. However, upon selecting a Page Field value from the =...

Excel chart-y axis title question
Everytime I have a y axis title and it will not show up the end of the title. I tried to use small font but it doesn't help. Does anyone ever have similar problem? Thanks. Many people have reported this problem, and the following post by Jon Peltier may help you: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=OviGl8Z3EHA.208%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl springwinterfall wrote: > Everytime I have a y axis title and it will not show up the end of the title. > I tried to use small font but it doesn't help. Does anyone ever have similar > problem? Thanks. -- Debra Dalgleish Ex...

How to change name of company in Money 2007
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C9BBB5.64E4CA00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everyone, I have a typo in the name of my company in MS Money 2007. I can't find = where to change it. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance for your help. Kevin ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C9BBB5.64E4CA00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transit...

Users name in 9.0
I have just updated my company to 9.0. I realize that the users name is now case sensitive. However, How can I see what the user name is stored as? I have user name "Jack" in the Tools - System - Users menu, but his case sensitive name to log in is "jack". If he tries to capitalize his name, the system gives him an error. I would like to see what the system is validating the users name to so that I can help users know what the correct user name is. To be clear, it is the id that the user enters when logging into GP, not the name. Are you saying that the id...

Transfer Table Name?
RMS V 1.3.1006 What is the name for the Transfer (in/out) table within RMS? I need to get after some xfers inbound to a closed location whose database we do not have to flip to. I would like to get at these via HQ Admin and delete them for the location specific. Thanks everyone! -- Jocelyn Jocelyn, These are stored in the PurchaseOrder/PurchaseOrderEntry tables. - Evan Culver New West Technologies "jocelynp" <jocelynp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E904E333-83B4-4174-A2F4-F7D27530597D@microsoft.com... > RMS V 1.3.1006 > > What is the name ...

how to display multiple charts on a single chart sheet
hello, I know there is a way to display multiple charts on a single chart sheet i just can't figure out how can i please get a little guidance to complete the data report that i am putting together. RIght now I have two charts each in one single chart sheet. I've tried copy and paste and moving the chart location but I can't get what i'm lookin for. Help me what am i doing wrong EXCEL 2007 Hi Peter. Try the following:- 1. Hit F1 to launch the Help Facility. 2. The third line down is a section called:- Browse Excel Help Click on:- Charts -...

Publisher 97 compatibility #2
Can the new publisher 07 handle files created in publisher 97, same for excell Publisher 2007 can open 97 files, 2007 has the old WordArt as part of the program. In earlier versions you had to have an add-in to access the old WordArt. Can't speak to the Excel issue. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "olttom" <olttom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38473D7F-42BE-407A-B4FF-E395CEB30C7D@microsoft.com... > Can the new publisher 07 handle files created in publisher 97, same for exce...

FP2002 Borders and publishing
For the site beatconscious.org, I employ a left side border and I'd like to update the image map there ... haven't needed to update that in several years. I've searched the discussion group posts on Border issues and don't see this one discussed: In my local web, I can see my hidden files/folders, such as the _borders folder and it's contents. In the live/remote web, the border content shows properly and in html view, I see that the content is being pulled from the _borders folder. But I can't actually see the _borders folder in the folder list -- ju...

How to get files and folders name of windows\\system32 directory for Windows XP 64 bit OS by programming
Hi All , I am creating the SDI application for showing the Operating system's drive explorer tree. This is working fine for all operating system from Win 2K to XP for 32 Bit. But If I check it for Windows XP 64 bit operating system then It is showing strange behave , my all hierarchy of files and folders is coming properly but Files and folder of C:\windows\system32 directory are not coming properly , here it is showing the files and folders of C:\windows\systemWOW64 directory. How to show the actual files and folder of C:\\Windows\\system32 directory ???????? I am using ...

Publishing Questions, Pages aren't being published
I have designed a site in frontpage 2003, I have saved all my files, organized them, and created a navigation menu with hyperlinks. I am having a couple of problems... ( I have hosting with GreenGeeks.com and they have the Frontpage extensions, which I was able to "install". ) OK, when I publish, I have about 8 pages. The only page that publishes to the internet successfully is the index page. For some reason, all the other pages do not publish. What am I doing wrong? Tirnanogarabs.com When you click on the graphic, it is supposed to take you to the actual ...

How do I divide a single image into the slices of a pie chart?
I'm trying to divide the image of a silver dollar into the slices of a pie chart without having it repeat in each wedge Hi, Instructions can be found here http://www.andypope.info/charts/pieimage.htm Cheers Andy bruce h wrote: > I'm trying to divide the image of a silver dollar into the slices of a pie > chart without having it repeat in each wedge -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Publisher, why can't I see background and text on screen but can .
In Publisher when making posters etc I cant see the coloured background while typing yet I can see it in Print Preview. Have tried all the help facilities but haven't got anywhere. ...

Stacking Charts in Excel
Hi, I have asked a similar question before "how to stack charts in excel" and someone very kindly pointed me towards the following web link: "http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StackedCharts.html". For stacking this sort of chart you need to have the same x-axis for each data set that is staked. Now, i'm wondering if it is possible to stack charts where each y-axis data set has its own specific x-axis data. The overall range on the x-axis will be the same, but the individual data points that will be plotted will vary in location along the x-axis dependi...

can not send email with an image
i wanted to send an email to multiple contacts with an image that can be seen at the body part of the email. so i created an email template but could not add the image file to the body of the email. since i could not attach the file, i opened the image file with internet explorer and i drag and dropped the image on the email template. it looked all right. the image can be seen on the template. but when i sent it. the recipient could see no image but the red x sign. any solution for sending this type of image based emails from crm? regards, orkun If you are mailing outside your organizatio...

Publisher XP changes formatting after I save and exit next time I open file.
Last year I wrote a 400 page book. Started writing in Word Perfect 10, then bought Microsoft Office, and finally Publisher. I'll spend two or three days on the final layout, save the file, and close the program. Only to open it two days later and see things that should have been on the bottom of page three at the top of page four and pictures out of place through out the document. What am I doing wrong? TIA Mr. Gifford I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thank you MS Publisher On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:15:33 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.c...

Publisher 2002 #27
Can anyone please tell me what the default save location is for Publisher 2002 on a 98 machine and a xp home machine? thanks in advance You would have to designate the default save location yourself it Options, general tab. Otherwise I assume the default is "My Documents". -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "VJF" <noip@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message news:uVPx7188EHA.2452@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Can anyone please tell me what the default save location is for Publisher 2002 on a > 98 ...

Add current date to file name when exporting to Excel
Is there a way to programatically add the current date to a file name when exporting a query, table, report via a macro? -- LMR ...

Charting data against dates where dates are not at fixed intervals
I have several data points that are the result of a pivot-table and I'm trying to plot them in a pivot-chart (I can easily get them out of the pivot table if the graph format is not supported for pivot-charts). Here's an example of the data: 2005/01/15 2005/02/22 2005/03/18 2005/05/20 X 16 18 22 12 Y 4 6 3 2 Z 14 19 12 34 What I'd like to do is plot the data (preferably on a line chart) such that ...

Excel charts copy / paste crops the images
Hi. I have had the following behaviour on several computers: I need to create an array of 6 charts in an excel worksheet, select all of them, copy, paste special into Word. The problem is that the whole figure is not copied and the right-hand edge comes out cropped. - any ideas? ...

Getting cursor to go to specified cell on opening
I want users when opening a location to open with the cursor at a specific spot rather than the last place I saved. Any ideas how? -- lewisjohn78 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lewisjohn78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30444 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501047 Put something like this into a General module: Option Explicit sub auto_open() application.goto thisworkbook.worksheets("Sheet99").range("a99"),scroll:=true end sub Change the work...

Publisher 1998 & 2003
I have Publisher 1998 running in Windows 2000. Someone has sent me a file created in Publisher 2003 and when I try to open it I get an error message that it cannot open files from a newer Publisher edition. I have been told this should not be a problem but that I have to go to this go to get an answer. Could someone please tell me how to fix this problem short of buying Publisher 2003. Thank you On 22 Apr 2004 09:35, "Bob Ferester" <ferester@ferester.com> wrote: >I have Publisher 1998 running in Windows 2000. Someone has sent me a >file created in Publisher 20...

=date() default setting returning #name? text in object box
I am developing an access 2003 application for my company, everything works perfectly on my machine and on others machines when they open the split database. However several machines are not displaying the current date in an object that has =Date() set as the default value on a form, and is giving the #Name? text instead. Also several custom buttons do not execute macros and commands on these same machines. I have checked the Access 2003 installations on the problem machines and they appear identical to the good machines. Is there a setting hidden that i am missing? Any ideas. Thanks ...

ACCESS Charting problem
I insert a chart into a form add the X axis and detail ID's and preview the chart. It looks normal. When I go to dataview, there is nothing there but a frame and title. Any suggestions? ...

Position types in an org chart
Can anyone tell me the difference between the position types in Visio please? Eg executive, manager, consultant etc? Do they all do the same thing? try www.wikipedia.com al "Emma" <Emma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6C569DB-9A01-4A42-ABA2-0F53CF24FC99@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me the difference between the position types in Visio > please? > > Eg executive, manager, consultant etc? Do they all do the same thing? "Emma" <Emma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6C569DB-9A01-4A42-ABA2-0F53CF24FC99@mi...

Display line chart in customize reports
How do I display a line chart in viewing charts? The line and Pie options are greyed out. Thanks Wayne wrote in <89D9F87A-E7F0-4EDC-883B-EE4AB1818B18@microsoft.com>: >How do I display a line chart in viewing charts? The line and Pie >options are greyed out. If the option's greyed out, you're out of options. :-) Workarounds: * Look at the other reports. Maybe one of them offers what you want. * Export the data to a spreadsheet. You can do anything you want there. If you'll tell us what you're trying to accomplish, maybe someone can offer you some alternati...