Publishing charts - specify image name

We are using Excel to manipulate some real time data then publish the updated
results every 15 minutes to the Internet. I am publishing charts using
Excel's Save as Web Page feature, but then only want to use the images of the
charts as an included image in the actual web pages.
The images end up with names like "xyz_89654_image001.gif". The
"image001.gif" part I don't have a problem with - as long as there is only
one image in each subdirectory, that will be it, and the xyz comes from the
workbook name. It's the number in the middle that I have real problems with.
At the moment I only have a couple of lots of beta data to deal with (with 6
charts each) so I have hard coded the image name into the web pages and that
works fine. But I could end up with 100s of these and think specifying a
generic name for the image would be easier to automate.
Can this be done? I'm new at doing web pages so I may be approaching this
all the wrong way.

0
girl (27)

Hi,

Maybe you could make use of the charts .Export method via VBA.

 From Excel help:

Worksheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1) _
	.Chart.Export _
	FileName:="current_sales.gif", FilterName:="GIF"

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe you could make use of the charts .Export method via VBA.
>
>  From Excel help:
>
> Worksheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1) _
> 	.Chart.Export _
> 	FileName:="current_sales.gif", FilterName:="GIF"
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Watermelon girl wrote:
> > We are using Excel to manipulate some real time data then publish the updated
> > results every 15 minutes to the Internet. I am publishing charts using
> > Excel's Save as Web Page feature, but then only want to use the images of the
> > charts as an included image in the actual web pages.
> > The images end up with names like "xyz_89654_image001.gif". The
> > "image001.gif" part I don't have a problem with - as long as there is only
> > one image in each subdirectory, that will be it, and the xyz comes from the
> > workbook name. It's the number in the middle that I have real problems with.
> > At the moment I only have a couple of lots of beta data to deal with (with 6
> > charts each) so I have hard coded the image name into the web pages and that
> > works fine. But I could end up with 100s of these and think specifying a
> > generic name for the image would be easier to automate.
> > Can this be done? I'm new at doing web pages so I may be approaching this
> > all the wrong way.
> >

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

Scatter chart without connecting lines?
Could someone please help me out with my XY (Scatter) Chart? I've use the wizard (want to get it right then make a macro) and chosen the dat points connected by a smoothed line type. Using the data below with the Perc on the Y axis and the Dates acros the bottom, I can plot the data points correctly for each series bu they do not show the connecting line. Can someone please tell me ho to make these lines connected? Or even how I go about using a lin graph to display the data below? Thanks greatly in advance :) Batty Perc Series1 Series2 0 1/11/2004 11/11/2004 5 1...

file share access to w2k8 host needed from image
hi, i am currently using vs 2005 r2 sp1 on a windows 2008 host machine (secured by ipsec). i now want to have file share access to my host from any image. when i try to run "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" i do receive an error as following: "the network path was not found". please note: - either image client can access shares on different computers - i can access my host from any other client in network (no virtual one) using "net share \\<hostmachine>\c$" - stop ipsec on host does not change anything so the problem probably has to do with some f...

Export Chart as GIF on Macintosh OS X
I get an error message trying to export a chart on a Mac running OS X Excel version "X for Mac, Service Release 1" from the following code: Sub ExportChart() MsgBox (ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.Name) ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export FileName:="mychart.gif" FilterName:="GIF" End Sub ... I've never had issues on a PC...and the first MsgBox line work fine, just as a check... I get: "Application Error '1004'"... Thanks in advance, this is very frustrating... Ti -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In article <t...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

Dynamic Chart Titles
How does one make the title of a chart dynamic so it changes as the text in a given cell changes? Thanks. Jeff To add worksheet text to a chart: 1. Click on the chart to select it, or select the chart title if one exists. 2. Type an equal sign (you'll see it appear in the formula bar) 3. Click on the cell that contains the text for the chart 4. Press the Enter key. 5. Position the textbox where you'd like it in the chart, and format as desired. Jeff wrote: > How does one make the title of a chart dynamic so it > changes as the text in a given cell changes? -- ...

Outlook 2003 does not "remember' previous email addresses when you type in their first name
Gurus, Using Outlook 2003. I thought Outlook 2003 "remembered" previous email addresses you typed? With people I've emailed before, I'll type their first name and Outlook pops up their address. However, my supervisor also running Outlook 2003 has to manually bring up the address book or type the last name for which Outlook will pop up the correct suggestion(s). He has enabled the following: Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields My supervisor tested this. When he unchecks that box, the automa...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

Query to populate combobox with names of tables, only if they contain data
I just came up with an interesting trick that may be useful to someone else. I have a form with a combobox, populated by names of tables in the database. The intent is to let the user select a table that is then used for subsequent inquiries. What was making the whole process a little inelegant was that occasionally, some of the tables would be empty. There is no point in offering a particular table at all, if there is no data in it for the user to examine. What I wanted was a way to make the combobox display only those tables that have at least one record. It would b...

How do I create a "backwards" chart
I am trying to create two side by side bar charts that have the same y-axis. I would like to have one chart with the x-axis increasing from right to left (this would be the chart on the left) and the other chart with the x-axis increasing from left to right (this would be the chart on the right). How do I create the chart on the left? Sarah If you use a 3-D chart you can twist it round by grabbing the corner. Hope this helps Jess "Sarah" wrote: > I am trying to create two side by side bar charts that have the same y-axis. > I would like to have one chart with the x-a...

Transparent image in background
Help! How do I insert a picture file (jpeg) in a spreadsheet so that it is in the background an semi- transparent when I print the sheet? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Jay Jay, Sounds like you want a watermark. This is my standard reply Many examples, but my favourite is at Aaron Blood's website at http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html Ron de Bruin has a utility at http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip And finally, if you're using Excel 2002, look for "Watermarks using Excel XP" at this site: http://cpap.com.br/orlando -- HTH ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Define the size of an Excel Chart (Office 2007)??
Hi All, I'm connecting an Excel File to SQL DB, pulling some data into a Pivot Table, create a Pivot Chart and publish it to an Excel Service in Sharepoint.... everything works fine, but I have a problem defining the size of the chart.... how can I define the size of the chart??? if I "right click" in the Chart area, under "Format Chart Area" I cannot find any property about the size or dimension... how can I do it??? thanks and sorry for the "silly" question... thanks Vit ...

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

Microsoft Publisher ?

How to get name of currently opened Outlook(2003) profile
Hi All, Can any one suggest how to get currently opened outlook profile programatically . I am using Outlook 2003. Please suggest any solution other than redemption. Thanks in advance. The best you could do is use the namespace.currentuser property to get the name of the user currently logged on. Outlook 2007's object model exposes the name of the Outlook profile. The only other thing I can think of is to enumerate the registry for Outlook profile names. "Stop method of Sync object is not workin" <StopmethodofSyncobjectisnotworkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

How to include totals in charts based on pivottables?
Hi! I often make charts based on pivottables. In some cases i would like to include totals from the pivottable in the chart but i dont know how to do this. Is it possible to include totals in charts which is based on a pivottable and is it possible to chose between totals of rows or totals of column in the chart? Best regards Arne Olsson Sorry i forgot to inform that i,m using Excel 2007. Br Arne "Arne Olsson" wrote: > Hi! > I often make charts based on pivottables. In some cases i would like to > include totals from the pivottable in the chart but i dont know how to...

Naming Ranges #3
Hi! I need help! I am trying to import a big list of names, address & emails from Excel to Outlook. I'm having trouble figuring out how to correctly name ranges so that it imports into Outlook correctly. Anyone have experience with this? Donna Simply select your data in Excel and in the name box (Just above the grid to the left, normally shows an address in it), enter the text "Database", (no quotes) and press enter. If you do this correctly Database will now show in the name box and you will be able to click on any cell, select database from the name drop down a...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...