Provide a "high/low" chart (stock chart) in horizontal mode

An ability to provide a "high/low" chart similar to a stock chart in a
horizontal mode would provide an ability to compare values in a minimum and
maximum mode.  For example, nonlethal weapons have a minimum safe distance
and a maximum effective range.  Reaction times have a minimum cognition time
and a maximum response time.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d3e76e9e-162b-4c9b-a0af-aab8f0abe6f5&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting
0
chart (14)

Hi,

Whilst not a built-in chart is this what you need.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

  http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/HorizontalHLC.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Whilst not a built-in chart is this what you need.
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Horizontal high/low chart wrote:
>> An ability to provide a "high/low" chart similar to a stock chart in a
>> horizontal mode would provide an ability to compare values in a minimum
>> and maximum mode.  For example, nonlethal weapons have a minimum safe
>> distance and a maximum effective range.  Reaction times have a minimum
>> cognition time and a maximum response time.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
>> follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based
>> Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d3e76e9e-162b-4c9b-a0af-aab8f0abe6f5&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

Average excluding high/low
I have a cross-tab query that lists the percentage of possible points per person per month. I want to create a report that shows the average percentage per year (year-to-date) MINUS the highest and lowest. Can anyone tell me how this can be done -- if at all? I already display the avg per quarter but I don't know how to exclude the high/low values for the year-to-date. Here is a sampling of the data produced byt the crosstab query: Month Rep1 Rep2 Rep3 Rep4 Rep5 Rep6 Jan 0.888 1 0.733 0.4 0.736 1 Feb 0.916 1 0.8 0.666 0.778 1...

XY Scatter Charts, High/Low bars, Multiple Series
I am trying to chart the changes in a percentile distribution over a number of years. There are five percentile ranges (99-90%,89-75%, etc.) which have a maximum and minimum value. For analysis it would be helpful to examine these ranges side by side. A chart similar to a stock chart would be able to show the "High and Low" of each range, but this is only good for one data set (in my case years), not 5 to 8 years, which is what I need. So we are probably looking at an XY scatter chart with some high/low (error) bars. Also, on an XY scatter, when just plotting the data, the...

Provide a "high/low" chart (stock chart) in horizontal mode
An ability to provide a "high/low" chart similar to a stock chart in a horizontal mode would provide an ability to compare values in a minimum and maximum mode. For example, nonlethal weapons have a minimum safe distance and a maximum effective range. Reaction times have a minimum cognition time and a maximum response time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link...

How to show time for day's stock market high/low
I've set up a database of stock market intraday data going back two years, showing Open/High/Low/Close data for every one minute bar of the day. I'm trying to find 1) the high and low of each day, and 2) the times they occurred. Using: Date By Day: Format$([Stock Data].[Date],'yyyy.mm.dd') I can find the Max of High and Min of Low to give me the day's high and low, but how do I find the minute these occurred (there may be more than one, so if only one could be displayed, the first occurence would be best ). Many thanks Seano, This is probably a du...

sumif remove high/low values
Hello, I have a list of ten values. I would like to sum this list with the top 2 and bottom 2 values removed in the sum calculation. Any help would be great, ben -- Big Ben ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Big Ben's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6431 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395038 Hi Ben, Try this =SUM(D1:D10)-SUMPRODUCT(--(LARGE(D1:D10,{1;2}))+(SMALL(D1:D10,{1;2}))) or if there will be 10 then you could use =SUMPRODUCT(--(LARGE(D1:D10,ROW(INDIRECT(&qu...

High/low stock chart with line chart
any help appreciated...is it possible to plot a high/low/close stock chart with an additional series on a second axis? for example stock high/low/close price - y axis 1 p/e ratio - y axis 2 Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a series to a Stock Chart: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/StockChartPlus.html sbfredster wrote: > any help appreciated...is it possible to plot a > high/low/close stock chart with an additional series on a > second axis? > for example > > stock high/low/close price - y axis 1 > p/e ratio - y axis 2 -- Debra Dalgle...

add high/low/close lines to a stacked column chart
I need to add high/low/close lines to a stacked column chart. The high/low/close values are unique, and each one corresponds with one of the stacked bars. they should be on the same y-axis Or I can add points next to each column of my stacked column chart and then add custom error bars to those points. Either way will work, but I can't figure out how to do either of these options. Thanks Do you have a bunch of stacked bars, and you're showing the HLC for each? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http:/...

52 wk high/low for manually entered quotes
Hi, There are mutual funds in my 401k for which I have to update the price by hand (I do it oncce/twice a month). In the customized porrtfolio view, the 52 week high/low numbers do not show any entries, only the quotes which were updated automatically (through internet) are shown. While I can go to price history for each fund I was wondering if there was an easier way to list these values along with the other data in the portfolio view or some other page. I would appreciate any help. In microsoft.public.money, aguy wrote: >While I can go to price history for each fund I was wonderi...

Excel should have an open/close high/low chart for stock market u.
We're trying to develop a chart that would compare the price of grain traded on the Chicago Board of Trade (cbot) to our average price reported in Iowa. It would require four data points for the cbot info - open/close & high/low - and one for the comparator, in this case the average price for our state. We would like to see this chart added to Excel, but even if it is not added, we welcome any suggestions or recommendations of charting software compatible with Excel. Oh, by the way, we're using Excel 2003. Hi, Jon Peltier has a few stock (ochl) chart variations, check his...