problem

Hello
I'm reading data from text file into excel sheet using VBA. I am
creating (using VBA) chart on 2 imported columns. I want to hide this
columns (Columns("AA").Hidden = True) but it doesn't work - how to
solve this problem using only VBA macro in Excel ?? Pleas help me.

Maciej
0
maciej_ty (4)

That command works on the active sheet. Are you sure the active sheet is
what you think it is?

John Walkenbach
For Excel tips, macros, & downloads...
http://j-walk.com/ss

"Maciej" <maciej_ty@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> Hello
> I'm reading data from text file into excel sheet using VBA. I am
> creating (using VBA) chart on 2 imported columns. I want to hide this
> columns (Columns("AA").Hidden = True) but it doesn't work - how to
> solve this problem using only VBA macro in Excel ?? Pleas help me.
>
> Maciej

0
john9024 (37)
2/11/2004 1:42:26 AM
hello John
yes i think so - the problem is: when columns with data series are
visible (i set width = 1 - but they are still visible :-() my chart
looks fine, when I hide this columns (.Hidden = True) my chart looks
like if lost data :-(.
anybody know what to do ??

"John Walkenbach" <john@j-walk.com> wrote in message news:<utSgdCE8DHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> That command works on the active sheet. Are you sure the active sheet is
> what you think it is?
>
> John Walkenbach
> For Excel tips, macros, & downloads...
> http://j-walk.com/ss
>

> "Maciej" <maciej_ty@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> > Hello
> > I'm reading data from text file into excel sheet using VBA. I am
> > creating (using VBA) chart on 2 imported columns. I want to hide this
> > columns (Columns("AA").Hidden = True) but it doesn't work - how to
> > solve this problem using only VBA macro in Excel ?? Pleas help me.
> >
> > Maciej
0
maciej_ty (4)
2/14/2004 3:14:41 PM
By default, a chart does not show hidden data. To change this, select
the chart, then go to the Options command on the Tools menu. On the
Chart tab, uncheck the Plot Visible Cells Only box.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Maciej wrote:

> hello John
> yes i think so - the problem is: when columns with data series are
> visible (i set width = 1 - but they are still visible :-() my chart
> looks fine, when I hide this columns (.Hidden = True) my chart looks
> like if lost data :-(.
> anybody know what to do ??
>

> "John Walkenbach" <john@j-walk.com> wrote in message news:<utSgdCE8DHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
>
>>That command works on the active sheet. Are you sure the active sheet is
>>what you think it is?
>>
>>John Walkenbach
>>For Excel tips, macros, & downloads...
>>http://j-walk.com/ss
>>

>>"Maciej" <maciej_ty@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hello
>>>I'm reading data from text file into excel sheet using VBA. I am
>>>creating (using VBA) chart on 2 imported columns. I want to hide this
>>>columns (Columns("AA").Hidden = True) but it doesn't work - how to
>>>solve this problem using only VBA macro in Excel ?? Pleas help me.
>>>
>>>Maciej

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
2/16/2004 1:18:57 PM
hi
ok it works manually but I have to generate this file automatically
using VBA macro so how can i set this chart option from VBA code level
??
Maciej

Jon Peltier <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message news:<OubCO9I9DHA.488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> By default, a chart does not show hidden data. To change this, select
> the chart, then go to the Options command on the Tools menu. On the
> Chart tab, uncheck the Plot Visible Cells Only box.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
> _______
>
> Maciej wrote:
>
> > hello John
> > yes i think so - the problem is: when columns with data series are
> > visible (i set width = 1 - but they are still visible :-() my chart
> > looks fine, when I hide this columns (.Hidden = True) my chart looks
> > like if lost data :-(.
> > anybody know what to do ??
> >

> > "John Walkenbach" <john@j-walk.com> wrote in message news:<utSgdCE8DHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> >
> >>That command works on the active sheet. Are you sure the active sheet is
> >>what you think it is?
> >>
> >>John Walkenbach
> >>For Excel tips, macros, & downloads...
> >>http://j-walk.com/ss
> >>

> >>"Maciej" <maciej_ty@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message

0
maciej_ty (4)
2/18/2004 11:28:31 PM
Macie -

I turned on the macro recorder, then did it manually. The recorder gave
me this (plus some other lines not relevant to this option):

     With ActiveChart
         .PlotVisibleOnly = False
     End With

The recorder's good for little hints like this.

- Jon
-------

Maciej wrote:

> hi
> ok it works manually but I have to generate this file automatically
> using VBA macro so how can i set this chart option from VBA code level
> ??
> Maciej
>

> Jon Peltier <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message news:<OubCO9I9DHA.488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
>
>>By default, a chart does not show hidden data. To change this, select
>>the chart, then go to the Options command on the Tools menu. On the
>>Chart tab, uncheck the Plot Visible Cells Only box.
>>
>>- Jon
>>-------
>>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>>Peltier Technical Services
>>http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
>>_______
>>
>>Maciej wrote:
>>

>>>hello John
>>>yes i think so - the problem is: when columns with data series are
>>>visible (i set width = 1 - but they are still visible :-() my chart
>>>looks fine, when I hide this columns (.Hidden = True) my chart looks
>>>like if lost data :-(.
>>>anybody know what to do ??

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
2/19/2004 3:33:25 PM
Thx jon - that's what I want :-)
Maciej

Jon Peltier <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message news:<ueAza2v9DHA.2028@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Macie -
>
> I turned on the macro recorder, then did it manually. The recorder gave
> me this (plus some other lines not relevant to this option):
>
>      With ActiveChart
>          .PlotVisibleOnly = False
>      End With
>
> The recorder's good for little hints like this.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
> _______
>
> Maciej wrote:
>
> > hi
> > ok it works manually but I have to generate this file automatically
> > using VBA macro so how can i set this chart option from VBA code level
> > ??
> > Maciej
> >

> > Jon Peltier <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message news:<OubCO9I9DHA.488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> >
> >>By default, a chart does not show hidden data. To change this, select
> >>the chart, then go to the Options command on the Tools menu. On the
> >>Chart tab, uncheck the Plot Visible Cells Only box.
> >>
> >>- Jon
> >>-------
> >>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> >>Peltier Technical Services
> >>http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
> >>_______

0
maciej_ty (4)

Client for Outlook Install problem
I am attempting to reinstall the Client for Outlook, as the original install was bugged. (For some reason the CRM Appointment screen would not load from the toolbar) Upon reinstalling and opening Outlook 2003, it tells me that there was an error loading the CRM forms. Additionally, by Event Log is referencing the COM+ Event System detecting a corrupt IEventSubscription object and has removed it. The timing seems to be related to the install itself. Any ideas on where to go from here? Thanks other than using a hammer, try uninstalling completly (ie uninstall CRM for Outlook, and S...

custom list problem #2
Changed from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. Custom list in 2007 only allows about 18 entries. Tried to export lists from 2003 to 2007 but it still cuts it off. How can I make it accept a longer list? -- :/ ...

Mail Flow Problem Between 2 Internal Exchange Servers
Recently I added a second Exchange server to the network. The 1st server is Exchange 2000 and the 2nd is Exchange 2003. Both are located in the same physical network site and subnet, exchange administrative group, and exchange routing group. I created one test user/mailbox on the 2nd server. I can sucessfully send mail to the 2nd exchange server's test mailbox from mailbox user on the 1st server but cannot send messages to the user/mailboxes on the 1st server from the test mailbox. In otherwords I can recieve email but cannot send from the test user/mailbox on the new server. Any ...

Expose Problems Still Not Fixed?
I am still getting funny behavior form Microsoft Word 2008 running under Leopard and Expose. Sometimes when I try to click on a window in expose, it brings it to the front but the active window is still another Word window behind it. Then when I click on the window in front, it brings all the Word windows to the foreground (which is very frustrating when I'm trying to read something in Firefox and take notes in Word at the same time). I know there were problems with expose and Word when Office 2008 first came out but after at least 3 updates, has Microsoft really not addressed these issues...

index_files : Directory Publishing Problem
Each time I publish my site to the web using Publisher I have to go into the index.htm file and remove index_files from the paths (currently about 300 times) This is getting annoying. How do I make publisher do it right? The other things is it puts all my files in www.a45.i8.com/index_files instead of using the root path of www.a45.i8.com. Please help this is getting bad! Adam6979 wrote: > Each time I publish my site to the web using Publisher I have to go into the > index.htm file and remove index_files from the paths (currently about 300 > times) This is getting annoying. Ho...

Active Directory Connector Problem with exchange 5.5.....
Background: Our company is "LA" and we have another sister company "SC" that are tree roots of the "SFB" forest. We share the same bridgehead that is located at "SFB". Yet we each have our own exchange in or domains. When I am running the ADC I am getting stuck on Step three the resorce mailbox wizard. I am geting this message "Pass 1 of 1: Resource Mailbox Scan validation (objects processed: 7799) Warning: The Exchange 5.5 directory still contains objects that need to be marked as resource mailboxes before they can be replicated to Activ...

Outlook 2003 redirect message problem
We are trying to have outlook redirect messages coming in from an Exchange 5.5 server. Messages are coming in that should be redirected but are not. We are trying to forward all mail to a yahoo account. No mail is forwarded. Is there possibly a setting on the server that would block this? Ben: IIRC, the type of rule that you set up for that is a client-side rule, meaning that you must have Outlook open at all times for that rule to process. If that's not the problem, then also check Exchange Admin > IMS properties > Internet Mail tab > Advanced options button > mak...

Accounting Problem. Complex Copy/Paste and Index/Match too.
I have to look at debits and credits spit out by in the form of a database query. For whatever reason, the query results are basically split into quadrants like 1 & 2 on the top and 3 & 4 directly underneath. Data appears only in quadrant 2 (upper right) and 3 (lower left), on a sheet named ‘Sheet1’. For the most part all debits are perfectly offset with matching credits and all credits are perfectly offset with matching debits . . . unless the persons entering the data mistype (and people do make mistakes). There could be a couple hundred entries for instance, let’s ...

COM port, some problem in my code.
Hello, I want to use COM port. I have a cable that connect between port1 and port2. For the following attached program (several attached files), I don't understand what's wrong, because after clicking receive button, I don't get the string I send (by the send button : abc). What is wrong in my code ? Help, please. Thanks :) There was some problem to send an attachment file to this newsgroup. Where can I send the attachment file ? For the case here is the relevant code : I do run at the order respectively. OnOpen, OnSend, OnReceive, OnMyClose. m_com_port_1 and m_com_port_2...

Serial problem

JB Bates' Runtime Error 1004 problem
I am using Google Groups to view this forum and my three attempts at responding to this post... http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/c671c861c59d83d9?hl=en keep on disappearing. I've not had this happen before. I have seen the Pick a Pic code stopped by this error several times before. It usually doesn't happen until after a certain number of pictures that it has to process. Sufferers in the past have been happy with my solution, so here it is again. Don't dimension the oPic object as a Picture, dimension it as a Shape. This ...

Installation Problem
Hello, I am a licensed user of publisher97; lost my cd install key and just have the media. I also have the product ID; but when I go to submit a support incident it says that I've used all my support incidents up for that product. I've never called on that product before. Anyone know a way I can get my install key back from microsoft? My HDD died and I had to reformat, this is why I am reinstalling. Thanks Brian What kind of support do you need? If I remember correctly, the product ID is all you need to install. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvp...

Re-enabling a disabled user problem
Hello, On my Exchange server (SBS 2003, Exchange 2003), I was recently instructed to delete a couple of logins of people who left the company. I like to simply disable them for a while just in case we need to get back into their mailboxes. One one such user, it turns out he still needs to use his mailbox. I re-enabled him, but all subsequent emails are bounced back ("The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator."). How do I open up the mailbox to receive emai...

Problem with POP3 name...
I have one PC that every time that I restart it the POP3 names of all the accounts change to localhost. This machine was upgraded from office 97 and was the Microsoft Mail Server before. Since upgrading I have removed the Microsoft Mail account and I am only using 3 different POP3 mail accounts. But every time I restart the system the POP3 mail server name is replaced with localhost and then the user name for each account is call the user name / pop3.host.com (the actual address that should be in the POP3 field). I would appreciate any help that you can give me. Note: I have tried de...

problem receiving emails #2
I use outlook 2003. Up til now it worked great. I changed to an other PC and now i got problems receiving mail. I see that outlook receives mail "1 of 4, 2 of 4 etc" but after it's finished I can not find it in my inbox. Where is it gone? Can anyone perhaps tell me what can be wrong? Checked al the settings but al seems OK. I can send Email without problems. -- cardin94 cardin94 wrote: > I use outlook 2003. Up til now it worked great. I changed to an other > PC and now i got problems receiving mail. I see that outlook > receives mail "1 of 4, 2 of 4 e...

Read Only Problems
WinXP Home on PC and Laptop Excel 2002 on PC and Excel 2003 on Laptop Home PC used to store documents. When using laptop to retrieve Excel files over home network, all files, when opened, are marked READ ONLY. When those same files are pulled up on PC, they ARE NOT read only. Suggestions? "tginapp@houston.rr.com" wrote: > WinXP Home on PC and Laptop > Excel 2002 on PC and Excel 2003 on Laptop > Home PC used to store documents. > When using laptop to retrieve Excel files over home network, > all files, when opened, are marked READ ONLY. > When those same files...

Sorting Problems #5
I've been manipulating data in a speadsheet for about two weeks. At some point, I copied an entire column, put it into Word, deleted and reformatted the info in that column and then split the column into first and last name. The two columns were then pasted back into the original worksheet. I need to sort the spreadsheet using various columns, but Excel will not allow a sort. I receive a box which states "This operation requires that merged cells be identically sized" I've sized the spreadsheet several times and both the height and width of all cells are identical,...

Problem seting-up Regression Macro
I am trying to automate running of regression macros in Excel. I used the "record" method to create one. But everytime I run the "recorded" regression macro, I get the error message: "Run-time error '1004': 'ATPVBAEN.XLA' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file locations is correct. If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files on the File menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deleted." I have searched my hard drive and this file (ATPVBAEN.XLA)...

Hyperlink Problem
I previously had java Web Start loaed on my PC. I removed it. However, every time I try to open a web link in Outlook, I get something trying to load JWS). it asks me to accept or decline the license agreement. I decline. Then I go back and click on the hyperlink and it opens fine in IE 6. Any suggestions on how to rid myself of this annoyance? ...

IE8 & AOL uninstall problem
Awhile after installing IE8 I went from dial-up to cable internet access. After uninstalling the AOL software, when i load IE8 I initally get a "boom" and a window that says: Windows Internet Explorer(heading) Cannot find 'file:///C:/Program%20Files/AOL%20Toolbar/welcome.html' make sure the path or Internet address is correct. I have to click "Ok" or IE8 does not load, after clicking "Ok" IE8 begins to load showing the IE8 window but then I get yet another "boom" & window stating exactly the same as above and I cannot do an...

exchange pop3 server' problem
Hi! there I have a problem in my exchange 2003. My exchange pop3 server cant receive mails from other external mail servers like yahoo.com , hotmail.com. "when i send email from my hotmail inbox this mail has bee sent. i cant be able to receive my mails in exchange. on other hands my exchange 2003 server working properly on internal Local area network. thanks a lot. Munawar Hussain Sial Excel Freight Systems (Pvt.) Ltd 8/1, Habib ullah Road, Off Davis Road, Lahore-Pakistan Cell # :92-300-4727097 Tel # : 92-42-6369626/6310291/6310292 Fax # : 92-42-6369627/6300291 E-mail: i...

Remove 1000 separator space problem
I am importing through a query numbers which the 1000 separator is a space. To calculate with this value isn't possible in excel because the 1000 separator is this space. I am try to remove the space in excel with find and replace " " to "" but this isn't possible. Also with VBA isn't this possibel and even not with format cells isn't this possibel. Who can help me. A sample of the data you can find below. Thanks in advance. 9 365 10 598 9 087 1 397 8 903 8 136 5 524 19 584 9 329 14 896 ...

Excel 97 Options Tab Problem
When I open Excel 97 click on tools -> Options it closes Excel. Is there a fix for this. I already tried deinstalling and reinstalling office 97 and I still get the same results. Maybe this is it: XL97: Page Fault or Violation When You Click Options on the Tools Menu http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;108032 sounds like it describes your Tools|Options problem (it says it was corrected in xl97 SR2). Chuck wrote: > > When I open Excel 97 click on tools -> Options it closes Excel. Is > there a fix for this. I already tried deinstalling and reins...

box border shadow problem in Excel 2007, is it fixed in Excel 2010?
Does anyone know if Excel 2010 fixes the problem with border shadows that Excel 2007 had? It worked fine in 2003 and previous versions but for some reason when you create a box around some data and add a shadow, it doesn't really work properly and even drops the shadow at the top and left in a transparent box whereas it should only drop shadows on bottom and right side. ...

Problem with time format
Hi folks I have a report which, when exporting, has three colums - one shows an original allowance, column 2 shows debits against this, column 3 shows the net balance. Unfortunately, as this report exports as text not values, it shows a negative value for a time. How can I convert this negative time into a positive figure for use for calculations (I need to be able to put it somewhere else for calculation purposes) - it must be done within the formula or via formatting. I have tried the following in a bewildering array of formulas and conjunctions without any luck at all - ABS / CONVERT / V...