Printing JUST the Charts, not the data...

Hi,
I'm using Excel 2000 and have a number of worksheets with
which I've created some charts (all in the same
workbook).  Is there a way to print the charts that
doesn't involve having to highlight each chart
individually?  I've got some charts in the same worksheet
as their source data and some that are on their own page,
but that doesn't seem to matter (unless I'm missing
something).  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shane
0
anonymous (74732)

You could use a macro like the following. It prints out each chart
sheet, and each embedded chart on each sheet, as if you'd selected each
chart and run the Print command.

Sub PrintCharts()
     Dim ch As Chart
     Dim cho As ChartObject
     Dim sh As Object
     For Each ch In ActiveWorkbook.Charts
         ch.PrintOut
     Next
     For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
         For Each cho In sh.ChartObjects
             cho.Chart.PrintOut
         Next
     Next
End Sub

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Shane wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using Excel 2000 and have a number of worksheets with
> which I've created some charts (all in the same
> workbook).  Is there a way to print the charts that
> doesn't involve having to highlight each chart
> individually?  I've got some charts in the same worksheet
> as their source data and some that are on their own page,
> but that doesn't seem to matter (unless I'm missing
> something).  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Shane

0
DOjonNOT (619)
5/5/2004 6:50:42 PM
John,
Thanks for the reply.  A friend happened by my office
during one of my bouts of frustration and pointed out that
I can just highlight all my charts and do a "File\Print
Area\Set Print Area.." then tailor and play as needed.
Now we've got them formatted the way the Big Boss wants
them, and that makes us all happy!

Shane

0
anonymous (74732)
5/5/2004 7:11:20 PM
Shane -

That was my first thought, but then I read your post again, and you
mentioned "each chart individually". Glad you found it.

- Jon
-------

Shane wrote:

> John,
> Thanks for the reply.  A friend happened by my office
> during one of my bouts of frustration and pointed out that
> I can just highlight all my charts and do a "File\Print
> Area\Set Print Area.." then tailor and play as needed.
> Now we've got them formatted the way the Big Boss wants
> them, and that makes us all happy!
>
> Shane

0
DOjonNOT (619)
5/6/2004 2:13:16 AM
Jon,
Quite right..  sorry.  In the MIDDLE of all of it the Big
Boss asked that I print 4 charts per page..  it was
shortly thereafter that the friend showed me how.. so now
I can do either.  :-)

0
anonymous (74732)
5/6/2004 8:01:36 PM
Those specs are always changing in the middle of the job....

- Jon

Shane wrote:

> Jon,
> Quite right..  sorry.  In the MIDDLE of all of it the Big
> Boss asked that I print 4 charts per page..  it was
> shortly thereafter that the friend showed me how.. so now
> I can do either.  :-)

0
DOjonNOT (619)

Replace values in chart
I have some 20 charts in one file linked to a sheet (Sheet A). Now I have to replicated these charts except that they now should be linked to another sheet (Sheet B). I dont want to individually go to each chart, right click and change the data source. Is there a simple way to do it, something like Ctrl H, wherein you replace all? Thanks in advance. Best Regards Make a copy of the first workbook, copy the data from sheet B onto sheet A, and the charts will now display the new data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, In...

printing copies

wrap text in a chart data table #2
Hi, Im have created a graph, which ive had no problem, but i when i click the option to "show data table" i cannot get the titles to wrap to the box, i have searched but i cannot find an option to wrap the text as i need it for a presentation. I do not want to just simply alter the font size if possible. Is there anyway of doing this? ...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

Macro commands to assign colors to each line in an Excel chart.
Is there a macro command that will assign a user specifide color to each individual line of a scatter graph? Hi, First, scatter charts do not usually display as lines, so when you say line what do you mean? You chosen as style with connecting lines? or you are refering to drop lines, or error bar lines, or...? You can tell Excel to vary the color by point but if you want to assign specific colors to specific points you will need to write a macro. What version of Excel are you using? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "JohnnyC" wr...

Automatic refresh of the pivot table data
I have a data entry sheet and a pivot table based on the data entry sheet. Is there a way to make the pivot table data refresh automatically based on some trigger (e.g., leaving the data entry sheet)? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I have a data entry sheet, two pivot tables based on the data entry sheet, and two charts (not pivot charts) based on the pivot tables. One chart is located in a sheet, the other is a stand-alone chart. When I turn the file over to the user, the pivot tables will be hidden. I want both charts to automatically refresh when I click their tabs. ...

TCP/IP printing

2004 Data Integrity
Am using the trial version of 2004 (previously a 2003 Quicken user). Conversion went ok ... Money user interface looks good. Question: In Quicken you can do a "verify data" function & get a report of any problems found. Any way Money can do the "verify or validate" feature? I tried the "fix" option but find no report on the outcome. Being used to Quicken, I just like to periodically know that my data file is error free (before something goes wrong). Thanks. ...

Printing booklet

Excel data into Word
I need to layout some data from excel into word. The final product needs to have 5 columns so that it looks like (repeated across). Name Name Address Address City, State ZIP City, State ZIP I remember doing this years ago in Word, but I cannot figure out to do it. I need to end up with 127 entries. This is for a page in a document. I seem to recall that at the end of each merged entry, there was a code that told word to enter the data going across rather than making a new page. Depending on whether you want the ent...

plotting charts #2
I have a chart in a worksheet and it pulls it information from the same worksheet. The amount of items may vary in the chart so i need to be able to plot just the cells with information in them instead of having a huge graph that is plotting all the cells. The format of my worksheet does not change. Hi, See here for details on dynamic ranges. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html Cheers Andy enyaw wrote: > I have a chart in a worksheet and it pulls it information from the same > worksheet. The a...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Dynamic Chart Titles #2
Hello, I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic. On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2. On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that I want to use as my Chart titles. For example: =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.") I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3 is named "NAF". I then added a text box to my first char...

Creating new attribute with Lookup as data type
I need to create a new attribute with Lookup as data type in the Account entity just like system Parent Account (parentaccountid) attribute in account entity, it would be great if I can just uplicate this system attribute. Since the new attribute (Dealer of Record) will be pointing to the same entity as parentaccountid, what is the best way go about doing this? Thanks. To achieve this you will have to create a new entity which will contain attributes you require and then you will have to set a many to one relationship between Account and your entity. After creating the entity y...

"Tiled" print setting.

Sum by like data
Question how can I use the SUM command to have it list the grand total for a wtn everytime time it changes? Example data WTN BillAMt 1111111 1.00 1111111 4.26 1111111 5.32 1111111 8.62 2222222 9.36 2222222 83.20 2222222 15.20 2222222 8.20 End result WTN BIllAmt 1111111 19.20 2222222 115.96 Use either pivot table or data>subtotal -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "...

CHtmlView and Printing

Transparent Chart Data Series
Dear all, I'm having problems formatting an area chart that I have created. Give that there are two series of data on teh chart and a times one dip behind the other, I want to make one of my series' transparent However, whn I go to the fill effects option of the format data serie menu, transparency is not an option that is available - it is al "greyed out". Anyone got any ideas why this is, and how I can make it an activ option? Thanks, Stev -- stevepai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- stevepain's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Looking up and matching data
I have two sets of data with the same information but not in the same order and am trying to match the data. In each data set I have 10 pools containing 100 loans. Each pool has a unique ID and each loan within the applicable pool has an ID of 1 to 100. I need to look up the Pool ID, then look up the loan ID so that I can extract the property type information from a third column. The Pool ID and property type is text but the loan ID is a number. I am struggling to put together the right combination of formulas to give the property type for each loan within each pool. Any suggestion...

Problems with printing

How do I create a 4-d chart?
I am trying to create a chart with 4 dimensions. In effect, I need a 3-D column chart where the vertical bars are "stacked" colmns. How can I do this? Evanr Have you heard about Tufte's "small multiples" or Cleveland's "trellis" displays? These approaches create a series of small plots instead of trying to put everything into a single overly complex chart. I would stay away form 3D charts in Excel. Trellis is a trademarked by Insightful software. I use the term "panel charts" to reflect trellis and small multiple charts in Excel. I have...

data from sql to pdf form
how can i merge data like customer name, address, etc. from sql to a pdf form? thank sam Idea #1 Sql Server Reporting Services. PDF is one export option. You should supply which version(s) of Sql Server you have.............the more information you provide, the more exact any tips can be. "Sam" <focus10@zahav.net.il> wrote in message news:uUqHHPLhKHA.5424@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > how can i merge data like customer name, address, etc. from sql to a pdf > form? > > thank > sam > > sql server 2000 &quo...