print chart on full page

Hi, a basic print question.  I have charts on several workshhets I am
printing.  Some of them print and take up the whole page, the background is
greyed out.  I want that for the rest of my charts but can't figure out what
setting to use?  I have tried the page setups print "print full page" which
is how those charts are set or the "scale to fit page" setting but changing
those is not working.  Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Thanks,

Todd
0
Todd1369 (159)

Move to a chart sheet.

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
donaldb@281.com
"Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, a basic print question.  I have charts on several workshhets I am
> printing.  Some of them print and take up the whole page, the background
is
> greyed out.  I want that for the rest of my charts but can't figure out
what
> setting to use?  I have tried the page setups print "print full page"
which
> is how those charts are set or the "scale to fit page" setting but
changing
> those is not working.  Can someone tell me what I am missing?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Todd

0
Don
1/25/2005 6:47:49 PM
Thanks Don, all my charts are on seperate sheets and refer to the data sheet.
 I am looking up chart sheets in help but its confusing me.  Is that a
different type of sheet to select or simply any sheet with a chart on it.

Thanks again,

Todd

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> Move to a chart sheet.
>
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, a basic print question.  I have charts on several workshhets I am
> > printing.  Some of them print and take up the whole page, the background
> is
> > greyed out.  I want that for the rest of my charts but can't figure out
> what
> > setting to use?  I have tried the page setups print "print full page"
> which
> > is how those charts are set or the "scale to fit page" setting but
> changing
> > those is not working.  Can someone tell me what I am missing?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Todd

0
Todd1369 (159)
1/25/2005 7:05:05 PM
Ah Ha  :)    Thank you so much, I got it.

"Todd" wrote:

> Thanks Don, all my charts are on seperate sheets and refer to the data sheet.
>  I am looking up chart sheets in help but its confusing me.  Is that a
> different type of sheet to select or simply any sheet with a chart on it.
>
> Thanks again,
>

> Todd
>

> "Don Guillett" wrote:
>
> > Move to a chart sheet.
> >
> > Don Guillett
> > SalesAid Software
> > donaldb@281.com
> > "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi, a basic print question.  I have charts on several workshhets I am
> > > printing.  Some of them print and take up the whole page, the background
> > is
> > > greyed out.  I want that for the rest of my charts but can't figure out
> > what
> > > setting to use?  I have tried the page setups print "print full page"
> > which
> > > is how those charts are set or the "scale to fit page" setting but
> > changing
> > > those is not working.  Can someone tell me what I am missing?
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Todd

0
Todd1369 (159)

Replace values in chart
I have some 20 charts in one file linked to a sheet (Sheet A). Now I have to replicated these charts except that they now should be linked to another sheet (Sheet B). I dont want to individually go to each chart, right click and change the data source. Is there a simple way to do it, something like Ctrl H, wherein you replace all? Thanks in advance. Best Regards Make a copy of the first workbook, copy the data from sheet B onto sheet A, and the charts will now display the new data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, In...

printing copies

wrap text in a chart data table #2
Hi, Im have created a graph, which ive had no problem, but i when i click the option to "show data table" i cannot get the titles to wrap to the box, i have searched but i cannot find an option to wrap the text as i need it for a presentation. I do not want to just simply alter the font size if possible. Is there anyway of doing this? ...

Ghosted print and print preview

Macro commands to assign colors to each line in an Excel chart.
Is there a macro command that will assign a user specifide color to each individual line of a scatter graph? Hi, First, scatter charts do not usually display as lines, so when you say line what do you mean? You chosen as style with connecting lines? or you are refering to drop lines, or error bar lines, or...? You can tell Excel to vary the color by point but if you want to assign specific colors to specific points you will need to write a macro. What version of Excel are you using? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "JohnnyC" wr...

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

plotting charts #2
I have a chart in a worksheet and it pulls it information from the same worksheet. The amount of items may vary in the chart so i need to be able to plot just the cells with information in them instead of having a huge graph that is plotting all the cells. The format of my worksheet does not change. Hi, See here for details on dynamic ranges. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html Cheers Andy enyaw wrote: > I have a chart in a worksheet and it pulls it information from the same > worksheet. The a...

Drawing Page Orientation Doesn't Match Printer Paper Orientation #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC The thumbnail preview shows that the drawing page orientation doesn't match the printer paper orientation. I can not get the page orientation to match. When I change it to letter, I can see the document change to landscape. When I change the page orientation to landscape, it changes the document to portrait. The two will not be the same. This is in Word 2008, it also happened in an older version of Word. Help, what do I do? ...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Dynamic Chart Titles #2
Hello, I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic. On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2. On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that I want to use as my Chart titles. For example: =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.") I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3 is named "NAF". I then added a text box to my first char...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Transparent Chart Data Series
Dear all, I'm having problems formatting an area chart that I have created. Give that there are two series of data on teh chart and a times one dip behind the other, I want to make one of my series' transparent However, whn I go to the fill effects option of the format data serie menu, transparency is not an option that is available - it is al "greyed out". Anyone got any ideas why this is, and how I can make it an activ option? Thanks, Stev -- stevepai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- stevepain's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

How do I create a 4-d chart?
I am trying to create a chart with 4 dimensions. In effect, I need a 3-D column chart where the vertical bars are "stacked" colmns. How can I do this? Evanr Have you heard about Tufte's "small multiples" or Cleveland's "trellis" displays? These approaches create a series of small plots instead of trying to put everything into a single overly complex chart. I would stay away form 3D charts in Excel. Trellis is a trademarked by Insightful software. I use the term "panel charts" to reflect trellis and small multiple charts in Excel. I have...

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Multiple Bar Chart Formats
How do I combine a bar chart with summary data (for example, 5 categories of summary data) with a stacked bar chart (a sixth category made up of the parts that make the summary)? For example, I have 6 construction projects. I wish to show summary data for five of the projects (assume they are complete) as a bar chart. I have 4 categories of subtotals that make up each summary. In the case of the sixth project, wish to show these sub totals as a stacked bar. I want to do this on one chart. I think you want a stacked chart for all of this if I understand your question. Set up your data ...

Printing in Vista

2-axis, stackbar-line chart
How do I define a chart to be a two axis stackbar-line chart. I can find in "Custom types" a bar-line chart, but the stackbar on one axis with a line chart on a second axis eludes me. Is there a way to custom type this? Thanks, Ben BEN ROSOW wrote: > How do I define a chart to be a two axis stackbar-line > chart. I can find in "Custom types" a bar-line chart, but > the stackbar on one axis with a line chart on a second > axis eludes me. Is there a way to custom type this? > > Thanks, Ben Jon Peltier to the rescue again.... Ben, try this: http:...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Save as Web Page #3
Each time I save my workbook as an Excel workbook, I need to Save As a Web Page, so that the information is available on the company intranet. Is there a way I can automate this, so that instead of clicking Save, then clicking Save As Web Page, and navigating to the web folder, then closing the web page version, and re-opening the excel version to continue my work, can I run a macro, or something a bit less cumbersome? Couldn't you record a macro when you do it once manually. Then just replay that macro when you need to do it again (and again and again). File|SaveAs|webpage foll...