Post-versus Pre-surveys scatter plot chart

How I can do a Post-versus Pre-survey scatter plot chart?
--
DSR

For others who might be interested, I got an email from this person.
Usually, I refer people to the newsgroups or just delete the email.
This time I took the time to actually respond.  Below is a copy of that
reply.

I assume you mean surveys that were conducted pre and post some event
(such as a class) rather than pre-survey and post-survey because the
latter, at least to me, is meaningless.

There are a variety of ways to plot this, all being on the same chart.

If your data are normally distributed plot both sets.  I believe you
should also be able to test the probability of getting the post-event
result even if the pre-event conditions hold.

If you have data subject by subject, plot them as such (subject on the
x-axis, the results in 2 series on the y-axis).

You could also plot the pre- data as the x-values and the post-data on
the y-axis in a XY Scatter chart.  I don't know the statistical
validity of then using the slope to reach conclusions about the value
of the event.

Search google for more ideas, including http://teachhealthk-
12.uthscsa.edu/pa/pa11/11.htm

As visually appealing all these may be, the real test would be a
statistical test, probably something like a chi-square to test if the 2
samples are truly statistically different.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <1CCC45CB-4925-412D-82EB-5D71FACDDCED@microsoft.com>,
sanabria_dav@hotmail.com says...
> How I can do a Post-versus Pre-survey scatter plot chart?

How Can I show 3 different lines in one chart?
I've created 3 different line charts and am trying to combine them all into one chart with a different color for each line. Each line designates a different type of customer service. I can't figure out how to do it? Can anybody help? -- B''''''''''''''''s mom Hi, Select one of your existing charts. Right click and pick Source Data from the popup menu. On the Series tab use the Add button to add another series to the chart. Then go to the Values box and define the range for the data. Repeat for the 3rd series. ...

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

3D scatter chart
Does anyone know if Excel XP or 2003 has the capability of doing 3D scatter charts? I know it's not possible in earlier editions. If not, is there a 3rd party plug in that can be purchased that does 3D scatter charts? No. XL doesn't support 3D scatter charts. For possible add-ins, see http://www.google.com/groups?selm=MPG.1710f373ed45532a98a5ad% 40msnews.microsoft.com -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <095901c3debb$fc860cc0$a501280a@phx.gbl>, ...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

edit x-values in XY Scatter?
If I want to change x-values in a multi-series X-Y scatter I have to edit x-values seperately for each series e.g i have 7 series - i have to edit all 7 x-values (even though the new x-values are the same for all series) i must've missed something - isn't there a way to set the same x-values for all series at once no-coding solutions - thanx Hi, Sounds like you need to edit the x values data ranges for your series so they all use the same set of x values. Use the source data dialog to update your data references. Or is the chart is on a worksheet select the data series and t...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Outlines of Pie Charts
I am working with pie charts in Excel and cannot seem to get the line/edge of the pie smooth. The line looks wavy - is there any way that I can get this to look smooth? ...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

flow charts #2
When I was in construction, we had a paper flow chart that had horizonal lines for WHO and for HOW LONG. First day of construction (April 1st) was for the earth movers, (7 days) Just underneath that was the survayors. (Started on the 5th day of earth movers and lasted 4 days) Then came the trenchers to put in the underground piping (April 8th, for 3 days), Electricians (April 8th 4 days) If you get the gist of the chart, is there one out there that will simply show this? BTW, the bars were colored and you could see at a glance as to what was supposed to be happening on any given day....

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

chart in one cell showing data for past year
How do I make a small graph that fits in one cell and visually shows the past year's data. Is there an automated way to do it besides manually making the graph and shrinking it down? SVA Here's a link to a post on making chart in a cell. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_chart_in_cell.htm My download has a VBA procedures to size cells and to make chart and place chart in a single cell. Size of chart depends on size of cell. Kelly O'Day koday**at**processtrends**dot*com "SVA" <SVA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:721D862A-C8B0-4466-A2B8...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

Dynamic Charts Problem
I did some googling this weekend and found lots of helpful advice on how to make dynamic charts with named ranges and OFFSET, INDEX, and MATCH functions. Anyway, I was able to successfully create the dynamic charts that I wanted by pointing the series data at a named range. For instance the data range represented on my x-axis is derived from the named variable "rChartDates" which is defined as: =OFFSET(allDates,0,MATCH(StartDate,allDates,1)-1,1,MATCH(EndDate,allDates,1)-MATCH(StartDate,allDates,1)+1) This works fine and when I put a reference into my chart I put the following:...

Plotting Null's
I am trying to x-y plot a data set. at times I have zeros where no data is needed in a standardized format. I don't what to show these zeros when I print the worksheet so I used something like a1: if(z10=0,"",z10) But My chart line disappears when it has "" in its range. How can I plot the line and not show null in my text? Thanks in advance Pal The empty cells should display NA() so change formula to if(z10=0,NA(),z10) OR Select chart, use Tools|Options; open Chart tab and look at "plot empty cells" -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove...

Scatter Chart Labels
In building a scatter chart in Access2007 x is Schedule Reliability y is Utilization I need the data point to be labeled with the "Operator" In Excel 2007 I'm using AddPro Labeler utility, it's great. This has me stumped in Access Operator Utilization Schedule Reliability xxx 8.47 98.32 Fleet 8.62 98.81 yyy 8.64 98.31 Thanks in advance to anyone who can help Bernie ...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...

Display Date on Chart
Hello all, Is there a way to link a chart to a cell on a spreadsheet that contains the date? What I want to do is generate weekly charts on production data, and pick up the date that's put in a cell and display it either in the chart title or near it. Can that be done? Thanks, Brian You can use a shape from the drawing toolbar>select it>in the formula box type in =$d$18 if cell d18 contains the date -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message news:%23iyTeDyCHHA.3660@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > He...

Prior year posting 2 years
Client has 2009 open and all previous years closed. They want to post transactions to 2007. GP by default does not allow that. Is there a work around? Rich, There is no way to do this in GP out of the box. If they absolutely must post to 2007, the option I would recommend is to have the MBS Professional Services team open the 2008 year for your client, which will allow them to post to 2007, since that will now be the last closed year. Once done, the client would close 2008 again. Professional Services only does this as a consulting engagement and the cost will depend on a number of...

pivot charts/tables
Using the same data source, how do I create a pivot table and pivot chart on the same worksheet. Hi please don't multipost. See your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany pfc wrote: > Using the same data source, how do I create a pivot table > and pivot chart on the same worksheet. ...

Transactions Lost Posting to GL
We've been using Great Plains (Dynamics V9) since 9/01/06, and are having some serious problems when posting to GL. In one case, one payment of two vouchers was lost going from A/P to GL. We only print about 30 checks a week, so at the end of the month when we posted to GL and noticed the discrepancy, it was relatively easy to track down the payment that was lost. The Accounting firm that helped with the installation was of no help. Their solution was to create a journal entry, which of course brough GL up to date, but didn't solve the problem. Now this month, we're about $8,000 of...