Possible to change colors 3d bar chart by point in Excel 2003?

I am trying to change each individual bars color in a 3d bar chart in Excel
2003 based on the data points in the series. Can this even be done in Excel
2003?
0
Barton (2)

Hi,

Yes by using additional series based on a formula.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html

Cheers
Andy

Shaun Barton wrote:
> I am trying to change each individual bars color in a 3d bar chart in Excel
> 2003 based on the data points in the series. Can this even be done in Excel
> 2003?
0
andy9699 (3616)
6/18/2007 7:20:38 PM
Hey Andy,

Thank you for your reply that way looks much easier than the way I solved
the problem using VBA code, but much appreciated for the response.

Thanks ,
Shaun Barton

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes by using additional series based on a formula.
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Shaun Barton wrote:
> > I am trying to change each individual bars color in a 3d bar chart in Excel
> > 2003 based on the data points in the series. Can this even be done in Excel
> > 2003?

Is it possible

Print Preview
When I close the print preview my CMainFrame window title is not restored to the contents prior to clicking Print Preview. If I exit print preview using Print instead of Close I see that the title is changed and the print dialog box appears. After completing the print the CMainFrame window title is restored properly. I tried restoring the title in OnEndPrinting () but it had not effect. Any idea where the title is being changed. Thanks, Neil PS: the content that of the incorrect title is the default title which I had overridden. Did you try overriding SetTitle() in mainframe? http...

having trouble creating chart to show monthly totals
Hi I'm using office XP. I keep a single spreadsheet were I record orders received. Its a very simple sheet with one order per row. In col B I place the date the order was received (in the format DD/MM/YY) I'd like to make a chart (pie or column) which displays the total number of orders per month so that I can see at a glance when were busy and quieter periods. I've tried using the wizard but all I ever get is a mess and not what I expect to see at all. I suspect I may need to separate my data by month? But is there a way for Excel to work that out for itself from a sin...

I want gmail to open automatically in Outlook 2003
I have XP Home Edition. Gmail is my only email account in Outlook 2003, and I would like to rig things so that the inbox of gmail comes up automatically upon starting Outlook. Can I do this? Sure. tools, options, other tab, advanced options - start up in this folder option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTE...

Menu bar not showing after API Call
Thanks for reading this. I'm trying to get my custom menu bar working after an API call that maximizes the screen. It is from a Login form that puts the form on the desktop. These are the two routines that I'm using. The problem is that when Access Hides and then reopens [Maximizes] it maximizes so big that none of the menus are showing. Not even my custom menu which I need. Maybe there's something in the code that shuts out everything else. I don't know Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) 10 On Error GoTo ErrorPoint DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSizeToFitFor...

Excel 2002 calcs slower than Excel 97
I just upgraded from Excel 97 on NT (2.8Ghz w/1GB Ram) to Excel 2002 on XP (3.0Ghz w/1GB Ram). Excel 2002 now seems to calculate a LOT slower. It seems to happen more when I've imported data from an Access query. But even after I've broken all of the links to the access query the calculation now takes on average 10-14 minutes!!! This used to take less than 1 minute. I'm open to any ideas... lets hear your suggestions & questions!!! ...

How do you Replace the OWA 2003 FBA Logon page?
Hi All,I saw a webmail Logon page which was obviously exchange based but was so different from the normal OWA FBA Logon page that am sure it was not a customized OWA FBA page.I guess this a webform was designed on a page and coded to send the logon to the exchangee server.is this possible?how was this achieved?thanks for answers in advance. -- CCNA, MIEEE, MCP See http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/e93726a620d769e0/a8c84c3cd3e12c41?lnk=st&q=&rnum=5&hl=ru#a8c84c3cd3e12c41 sansouchi wrote: > Hi All,I saw a webmail Logon page...

Change dflt Journ Entry from PHONE to TASK?
I use journal heavily - but not for recording phone calls, for recording time spent on tasks and other details about them. Each newly-created journal entry defaults to entrytype "Phone". How can I change this to default to entrytype "Task"? Thanks.. ....Allen Kitchen / akitchen@diskriter.com You can change the name of that entry, but I don't believe you can change the fact Outlook uses it as the default for new Journal items. You can read more info here: http://www.inquiry.com/techtips/exo_pro/10min/10min0999.asp -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Micr...

How do insert page numbers in excel
how do i insert page numbers in excel as it appears in word? You create a footer. Use File>Page Setup>Header/Footer>Footer>Page 1 -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Timothy" <Timothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F49714AA-F9B4-430C-9F07-759B944429BF@microsoft.com... > how do i insert page numbers in excel as it appears in word? ...

Can I program Excel cells to change colour at a set date?
I want certain cells to change from yellow to green when a date contained within those cells is reached. Excel version 2003 Use a conditional format. For instane you might format as yellow, then set a conditional format based on the formula =TODAY()>=datecell to apply the green color. Jerry sunflowermurray wrote: > I want certain cells to change from yellow to green when a date contained > within those cells is reached. Excel version 2003 ...

Personal Folders in OWA

How do I create a dual axes column chart in Excel
Hi...I am trying to create a dual axes column chart in MS Excel 2003. But the moment I add the secondary axis the bars are getting overlapped. Alok, This example should help: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/two_column_series_with_two_axes/ -- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Alok" wrote: > Hi...I am trying to create a dual axes column chart in MS Excel 2003. But the > moment I add the secondary axis the bars are getting overlapped. ...

Excel asking for save with no changes #5
Dave Peterson Wrote: > And xl2002 added an option that allows you to have more control: > Edit|links|startup prompt button. > check the "don't display the alert and update links" This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Unfortunately, I' running an older version of Excel. I'll have to hit up my IT perso for an update. Thanks! -Tomm -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

How do I enter a decimal in a string of numbers in Excel? Example.
Please post your question in the BODY of the message, not the subject line, and clarify with an example of the initial data and what you want to end up with. If it's to translate 123 to 1.23, you divide by 100. On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:03:07 -0800, Joy <Joy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Formula referencing a changing range??
I have a workbook that has several tabs. I'm only working with 2 for the problem that I'm having though. The first tab, which holds all my data, is called Marketing Letters. The 2nd tab is called Status. On the Status tab, I have a cell (A5) which looks to another cell (A1) on the same tab, then returns matching values (in multiple rows) from the Marketing Letters tab. Here is my formula: =INDEX('Marketing Letters'!$B$1:$V$300,SMALL(IF('Marketing Letters'!$B$1:$B$300=$A$1,ROW('Marketing Letters'!$B$1:$B$300)),ROW(1:1)),2) This works great...

ExBpa Exchange 2000 in Active Directory 2003
Hello, I have a Windows 2003 x64 bit Active Directory Domain in Forest and Domain functional level 2003 running on X64 bit Domain controllers (coming from Windows 2000 Native mode on old hardware). It contains an Exchange 2000 Organization with teh RUS patch applied (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873059). We have had no issues so far. Now as I'm looking at the setup with EXBpa ist tells me I need to policy changes. The changes I have not found anywhere else than in the ExBpa documentation. The changes are one for mail box rehoming issues and one for a search filter update in ...

Radar Charting problems, Can I change...
Hi people I have 2 queries relating to Radar charts in Excel (Office XP/2002). Can I change the angle/start position of the first plotted point? I always starts at 12 o'clock but I want it to start at 9 o'clock. I ca re-order the data to achieve this effect but the data, to the viewer is not in a logical sequence if I do that. Then also, can I change the direction of the plotting from clockwise t anti-clockwise? Thanks in advance. Stell -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Stella - You can't do these things (unless someone smarter than me knows how), but you c...

Changing Content of mapped Fields
Hello, is there a way to change the content of mapped fields? I have got an custom entitie which is mpped with company and offer. If I creat my entitie from "company" the mapped field (companynumber) is set its value as it should be, in my costom entitie field "customernumber". Creating a new record from my custom entitie and select via mapped lookup field a company the mapped entitie field remains blank. Also having an other field mapped to an entitie. By changing data in the source field the mapped field won't change (update) either. How could the solution loo...

Sorting Excel Worksheets
I created a large workbook with approx. 40 worksheets. Can anyone tell me how to resort the worksheets. They are numerical so the sorting should be easy. well you can do i manually by click-dragging the tabs into oder, but that will take time. otherwise my wisdom can't help you. "Roseanne" wrote: > I created a large workbook with approx. 40 worksheets. Can anyone tell me > how to resort the worksheets. They are numerical so the sorting should be > easy. Roseanne Need VBA code for this. Chip Pearson has this. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm Gord...

Multiple Excel Charts to PowerPoint
OK, I think I have a question that will stump even the best of you! :) I have several worksheets that contain multiple charts. I want to copy the charts from Excel to PowerPoint with one chart to a slide. I can do so one at a time by copying and pasting them. The drawback is that it takes lots of time to do this because I'm working with 250+ charts. My question is if there is a way to quickly export the charts to PowerPoint so that each slide contains a different chart. Partway through this article you'll find programmatic approaches to that very problem: http://peltier...

Excel2000 keeps asking me to save when no changes were made
Excel2000 keeps asking me to save when no changes were made. This only happens on a few workbooks and has only been hapening the past 4 months. As time goes on it is happening more frequently. Ran Norton Anti-Virus, no viruses detected. Ran Spyware software, no problems there either. Have you got any of the following volatile functions in your workbook, as the existence of any of these will cause that message, because that function is recalculated every time you open the workbook, and as far as Excel is concerned that is a change. Most common one I would suggest is the TODAY() function. ...

Is ANR on Exchange 2003/AD different from Exchange 5.5
In Exchange 5.5 I could type oneil and would resolve to the user: O'Neil, Mary (alias:moneil, smtp:moneil@abc.com,). In Exchange 2003 / Outlook 2003 this no longer works. I understand that from KB 831124 that the following attributes are indexed by ANR: • displayName • mail • givenName • legacyExchangeDN • mailNickname • physicalDeliveryOfficeName • proxyAddresses • name • sAMAccountName • sn Does this mean that AND does not resolve *oneil*? If not, can it be configured to? On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 06:51:01 -0700, Adoyt <Adoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exc...

I need an excel plug in to save workbooks in adobe acrobat format
I used to have this feature on the toolbar, but following a severe recent excel and outlook crash, it got wiped off !! There seems to be no way to restore this essential facility, of choosing to save excel workbooks in a pdf format instead of xls. DOes anyone know how to restore it? Hi Chris, Try-File, Print, then select Acrobat Distiller. It will then ask you where you want the .pdf file to be saved. Thats how it works on mine. Hope that helps "chris brown" wrote: > I used to have this feature on the toolbar, but following a severe recent > excel and outlook crash,...