Plus / Minus Charts?

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a chart showing a positive and
negative assessment of a feature. I don't know exactly what the chart is
called and I can't attach a mockup images, so what I am looking for is:

Feature 1:  #######0&&&&&&
Feature 2:        ####0&&&
Feature 3:      #####0&&&&&&
Axis           9876543210123456789
                      -ve            +ve

Any pointers gratefully received.

Thanks
Neil

Hi Neil,
put
- labels in A2 and down
- negative numbers in B2 and down
- positive numbers in C2 and down
- labels in row 1

Select A1:C4 (with three rows of data)
Create a stacked bar chart
Format to your liking.

cheers

teylyn
'The Code Cage - Microsoft Office Help - Microsoft Office Discussion'
(http://www.thecodecage.com)

--
teylyn

Teylyn  --  'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.posterous.com)
teylyn's Profile: 983
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=181477

teylyn

I am making a charts with weird X-values for my Ecology cl\
i am making a chart with weird X-values. Instead of single, whole numbers, I need each value to be as follows: 1-2, 3-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc. Please help me!! My chart keeps going to whole numbers instead and its been driving me crazy for days! What chart type are you using? If you want your X-axis to be category labels, rather than actual numbers, you may find that a line chart (or one of the other chart types) is more suitable than an XY (scatter) chart, if the latter is what you are currently trying. -- David Biddulph "Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Earn wealth&gain good health plus great payplan..
HELLO...WE HAVE BACK TO NATURE PRODUCT FOR YOU... >.Virgin Coconut Lotion http://www.bio-asli.com/?id=din981 >.Virgin Coconut Soap >.Virgin Coconut Coffee (MEN&WOMEN) >.Virgin Coconut Hair Tonic(MEN&WOMEN) http://www.bio-asli.com/?id=din981 >. Virgin Coconut Oil >.Virgin Coconut Oil+ Honey >.Virgin Coconut Oil + Habbatus Sauda >.Virgin Coconut Capsule+Habbatus http://www.bio-asli.com/?id=din981 Sauda >.Power 31 (Hot Product ) (MEN ONLY) >.Mas Madu Herbal Juice http://www.bio-asli.com/?id=din981 >.Stevia+ Misai Kucing+ ...

Best tool for adding a pivot chart like chart to a report?
Is it the PivotChart form or should I used the MSChart OCX? Which is easier to set up/configure to display the data properly? (A multi-column, multi-entity bar chart) Which is the most flexible? And where can I find tutorials on using both? Thanks Kyle Jedrusiak ...

Cost plus % = selling price
Hello, I need a recommendation on how to setup pricing in my Great Plains 8.0 installation. I do have SOP module. We sell to various kinds of customers with pricing that varies by customer type. Our "dealers" receive a % discount from list based on order type (stock orders get big discounts, rush orders get small discounts, etc.). There are 5 different discount levels. Our "national accounts" receive a % discount based on volume. Big accounts get big discounts, small accounts get small discounts, etc. This is usually fixed at signup and reviewed annually. The...

Replacing Chart title with Text box
Hi. I'm attempting to replace a Chart Title with a text box so I may re-size it. However, when I delete the original Chart Title box, the entire chart moves up, causing the data labels to overlap the Chart title. Is there any way to replace the Chart Title with a Text Box and prevent the chart from shifting? Thanks in advance. -- Neil T Hi, Why not set the chart title to a space. This will hold the position of the other chart elements and not obscure the textbox you are adding to hold the title. Cheers Andy Neil T wrote: > Hi. I'm attempting to replace a Chart Title wi...

creating a chart not working
my charts all come out with just gray lines no matter what I do, I know I am setting it up wrong, but have tried several ways, is there a trick? is this when you print it or on your display? make sure your print options say to pringt in color and not grayscale. "samm" wrote: > my charts all come out with just gray lines no matter what I do, I know I am > setting it up wrong, but have tried several ways, is there a trick? ...

Money Plus Delux keeps asking for restart
Ever since the recent update that was pushed down by MS, Money Plus tells me that to completely install the updates, I need to restart the computer. Never mind that I restarted it several times since that update, the message keeps popping up every time I exit from the program. Anybody else noticed this? In microsoft.public.money, JP wrote: >Ever since the recent update that was pushed down by MS, Money Plus >tells me that to completely install the updates, I need to restart the >computer. Never mind that I restarted it several times since that >update, the message ke...

CHARTS: combination
1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr 4th Qtr Previous year 72 38 -52 27 Current year 65 42 -15 50 Difference 5% -5% 55% -30% the figures above go into a combination chart - two problems, how do I get the minus signs to show as bracketed and, in the category axis, (1st Qtr etc) shows half way up the chart, I need it sit at the bottom of the chart? thanks 1. Use a custom number format that uses brackets around negative numbers. Use a built in type of the Number or Currency type as a guide, or read this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html 2. Double click the category axi...

Charting Investment Management Performance Versus Peers
Does anyone know how to create a combo floating/stacked bar chart in Excel, like this: http://www.pertrac2000.com/images/peerchart.gif Thank you. Thank you so much, Max. "Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eGLwOljaDHA.1488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Try MVP Jon Peltier's "Stacked Column Charts that Cross the X Axis" at: > http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/StackedColumnsAboveAndBelow > .html Thank you so much, Max. //tim you're welcome, Tim! ...

Link a chart to a worksheet
If data on one worksheet (swimming times) is used to create a graph or chart on another worksheet, can I automatically update the graph when I add new data to the original worksheet? Do you mean when you expand the data? Dynamic charts don't care where the data is, as long as the ranges are properly defined: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Roger Campbell" <RogerCampbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Logarithm equation in charts
I have two lists of data. One is a time series, other data series. I can calculate the Linear equation , same as in the excel graph, if I insert trend lines, but I can workout the LOG trendline equation as displayed in the graph. Could someone assist, or tel me how to export the equition from the graph to an cell in excel. Please advise TX AT -- Thiem ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Thiem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469846...

wrap text in a chart data table
Hi, Im have created a graph, which ive had no problem, but i when i click the option to "show data table" i cannot get the titles to wrap to the box, i have searched but i cannot find an option to wrap the text as i need it for a presentation. I do not want to just simply alter the font size if possible. Is there anyway of doing this? Data tables in charts are not flexible, either regarding their contents or their formatting. You could create a table in the cells near the chart, include what you want in it, and format it however you like. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsof...

Need Help Charting Data
I have data in the following format: 10-05-04 395032 33757864 10-05-04 394656 33757864 10-05-04 394704 33757664 10-05-04 385544 33740816 10-05-04 431360 33795440 10-05-04 419656 33798832 10-05-04 403472 33768480 10-05-04 447864 33843624 How nice. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "mzafar" <mzafar.1f7v1b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mzafar.1f7v1b@excelforum-nospam.com... > > I have data in the following format: > > 10-05-04 395032 33757864 > 10-05-04 394656 33757864 > 10-05-04 394704 33757664 > 10-05-04 385544 33740816 &g...

How do i set up an organization chart in Excel?
Is there a wizard or an easy way to set up an org chart. Please send reply to rdamore@chezcore.com -- Rox Hi Excel can insert an org chart (Insert - Diagram in newer versions). But Excel is not the ideal program for this. You may use Visio instead -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rox wrote: > Is there a wizard or an easy way to set up an org chart. Please send > reply to rdamore@chezcore.com ...

I read this in the Plus online manual. Clarification?
Hi all: I read the following in the Plus on-line manual (under the using Money Online section). "Online services are available for two (2) years after activation, or Jan. 31, 2011, whichever is earlier." What does this actually mean? Does Money just stop allowing me to access my banking information (download statememnt and my banking institutions's billpay service) from within Money on this date? If so, what is the reasoning behind this (coersive upgrade path... ??? ). Thanks :-) -Mike In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote: >I read the following in the Plus on-li...

Pivot Tbl Chart formatting
Anyone know why when I build a user defined pivot tbl chart all the data in the second chart matches the data in the first even though I selected different data? Thanks in advance for the help. J.D. The most reliable solution is probably a programmatic approach. Select a PivotChart (PC) that hasn't been custom formatted. Turn on the macro recorder (Tools | Macro > Record new macro...), go through the formatting changes, and turn off the recorder. Now, whenever you create a new PC, select it and run the macro created above. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel...

How to get DATE-TIME column into chart as X-axis (domain) values
How do I get DATE-TIME column into chart as X-axis (domain) values? This should be easy so obviously I am doing something wrong. The date-time is in on column with 4 other columns already set as data values in the Y-dimension. The chart is giving me one "increment" of X-value for each entry but the data was taken at multiple/random times through each day so this is both inaccurate and very confusing. FYI: It's blood pressure values for Left-Right, Systolic/Diastolic with the first column a "sum of Date + Time" the values were taken. It's a line chart (the firs...

Percentage chart
Hi all! I am trying to create a percentage chart. For example, if the total is 76, but I have 36 of something, the height of column bar should be 76 and 36 of it is some other color, and at the top of bar should display the percentage of 36/76. How do you do it? thanks!!! And is it possible to have two bars within the same x-axis value, and both are the percentage bars? thanks!! Plot both 36 and 76 as values in a clustered column chart. Specify an overlap of 100% (after creating the chart, double-click any of the plotted series in the chart, then select the Options tab). Put the valu...

display plus sign on plus numbers in Excel
I am trying to make number greater than 0 show the plus sign. You could give it a custom format via format|Cells|number tab Custom category type: +General;-General;0;@ positive format;negative format;0;text is the order of that string. tnoble wrote: > > I am trying to make number greater than 0 show the plus sign. -- Dave Peterson ...

"Control" plus "click" doesn't allow me to select multiple cells
In excel (and a number of other applications) holding down control and clicking with the mouse doesn't let me select multiple cells, photos, files etc.I think I may have fiddled with the keyboard settings somehow but how do I put it all right? I don,t appear to have a CD with my keyboard so I can't just re-plug and play. ...

select range in column, calculate on range plus 3 columns, output in range plus 7 columns
Dear expert, I am trying to write code for the following problem; so far without succes. Can you help? First, sort on column A then select the range in column A based on the same name (e.g. Aa). Second, calculate the average of the corresponding range (rows) but 3 columns to the right, and Third put the average of that range in column 7 (the actual output of the macro): columns: A B C D E F G Aa 4 average of range column D: 5.7 Aa 3 average of range column D: 5.7 Aa 10 average of range column D: 5.7 Bb 2 ...

Chart Title from Cell in Sheet1?
I am a new VBA programmer so please forgive this simple question. I am trying to change the Title of a chart to the text in a cell on a worksheet. This code successfully sets the title of the chart to "Stupidity": Private Sub Chart_Activate() Dim strChartName As String strChartName = "stupidity" Chart1.HasTitle = True Chart1.ChartTitle.Text = strChartName End Sub I would like to replace "Stupidity" with reference to cell Sheet1!$N$1 but cannot seem to get it to work without running into syntax errors I do not understand. Any help gratefully...

Linked Chart
Using excel 2007 on both xls and xlsx files I have a chart in one file (file A) inserted and a linked object in another file (file B). When I open file B, file A is automatically opened in the background as a hidden workbook. you can see this by clicking 'view' on the ribbon then clicking 'unhide' Is there a way to stop this 'feature' or at least temporarily stop it? The reason is that when using a perl script to edit the file this hidden workbook causes errors. The errors, oddly enough, do not seem to occur in the xls workbook but only the xlsx workbooks. If it hel...

surface in radar charts in Excel
Dear All, Maybe someone knows how to calculate a surface of radar chart for on series. Your support will be apreciated, very much Thanks & regards elk -- elk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- elka's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3426 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54020 Hi, Break the problem down by calculating the area of each triangle in the radar plot and then summing them. Assuming your data series for a 3 point radar chart is in A1:A3 put this formula into...

Problem in updating the Powerpoint Embedded Chart with Excel figur
Requirement: I have MS Graph(Embedded) charts on Powerpoint slides which are linked to the Source Excel sheet. I want the charts to be updated when the figures on the Excel sheet gets changed. I have one Button on sheet e.g. "Update PPT Links" and i have written code behind this button to update the PPT charts data with the data from the source Excel sheet when there is change in excel data. We want all the links to be updated by clicking on this button so that it will not require user go manually to the powerpoint and updating the links from there. How i am linking the Pow...