plotting with 4 series

I have some data that needs to be on the same line chart each piece of data gos up by a different amount ie 100,000, 20, 10 and 100, is it possible to do this and how can I do it, hope someone can help

Thanks
0
anonymous (74719)

Is it a matter of plotting one series on a secondary axis because of the
great difference in value? Plot all series together on one chart, then
double click the series with extreme values, click on the Axis tab, and
choose Secondary.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Inkah wrote:

> I have some data that needs to be on the same line chart each piece
> of data gos up by a different amount ie 100,000, 20, 10 and 100, is
> it possible to do this and how can I do it, hope someone can help.
>
> Thanks

0
DOjonNOT (619)

Reports not working in CRM 4.0 with SQL Server 2008 R2
Rollup 7 adds support for SQL 2008 R2 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971782/) so I’ve upgraded my SQL 2008 to R2. The problem is that the CRM reports are no longer working. This article explains how to do the upgrade: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdeployment/thread/ff80e743-c921-45b4-b055-71b193bdc7f0, but it’s too late for me: I’ve already done the upgrade without uninstalling SQL SRS. What is the easiest way to fix it now that SQL R2 is installed? Is it something with repointing to the SQL R2 paths (I noticed that R2 changed the path for report server files). Hi MSz, ...

Excel Sort #4
Using Excel 2002 and have a list as follows: 1B 1H 10A 11F 100H 102H When I hit sort, the list sorts as: 100H 102H 10A 11F 1B 1H I want it to sort: 1B 1H 10A 11F 100H 102H Can that be done easily? Copy to Word. In Word: Convert table to text (separate text with paragraph marks) Edit, Replace. Wildcards enabled. Replace ([0-9])([A-Z]) with \1^t\2 Convert text to table (separate text at tabs) Sort by Column 1 You can use either Word or Excel to put the two parts together. "abs" wrote: > Using Excel 2002 and have a list as follows: > 1B > 1H > 10A > 11F > 100H ...

Plots
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are there in Visual C++ plots drawing library like BCB TeeChart? Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dkoi8-r&q...

Circular Logging #4
Hi We are a small company with 17 users running an Exchange 2k3 Server. I have had to disable circular logging so that we can have regular (during the day) differencial off-site backups peformed prior to our full backup every evening. I have been told that without circular logging the log files will continue to get larger. What methods, if any, can i use to keep the logs as small as safely possible. Thanks Ben The logs don't get larger - you just get more of them, since the old ones are not overwritten as they are with circular logging. A regular full or incremental backup, ...

plotting long plots
I have a HP designjet 110 nr plotter. I've created a plot that we nee to show drilling activity. My first plot was 24"x36". Plot works grea and to scale. My next plot was to be 24"x72". Now the charts will no even display in Print Preview. I can scale back the plot where it i about 48" and it will preview and plot, but I need it to go out eve futher than 72 inches. I may go out as far as 30 feet. I have images on the plot area and it will print it just fine at th farther distances -- TexasDa -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Graphs #4
Is there a way to create range names for each row in a table and by using a drop down list with these names in the list that are then used as the series range in a graph eg Row1 named RowA = 100 200 300 400 Row2 named RowB = 250 350 100 400 Row3 named RowC = 10 4 9 30 5 Row4 named RowD = 1000 40 500 40 Then as the graph range based on a drop down list one selects RowB and 250,350,100,400 is used in the graph. If one selects RowD then the graph changes. Thanks Carlob1 Yes you can. Highlight each row of data, e.g. A1:D1, click on <Insert>,<Name>,<Define> , type the name...

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

Plotting Data
Hi, how can I plot the analysis data in the document class, in its related view class. Is it possible to make plots like in MATLAB (surface plots,mesh plots of a matrix)??? ...

HELLO #4
HIYA -- \m/ O_O \m/ Laura..... :) Liverpool, England ...

plot
Dear member, I have a question . The question is how to make a graph=85.I do know your name or kind For example I have range the value of mean and variance. I need to plot the two in same graph how is attachad . mean var tn 287.787 120.619 t12 2.147.523 13.843.230 t18 2.698.113 22.254.429 t24 3.288.497 17.780.971 td 1.841.121 7.918.387 Anyone have one idea.. how to make it? Thanks&Regards Jen Hi, Highlight all the data, with titles and click the Chart Wizard button and choose a line chart type, follow the wizard. However, your first two data points are very large relative to al...

Graph not plotting what it should be plotting
I am having difficulty with Excel and was hoping someone could be of assistance. I am plotting a series of graphs with time on the x-axis and water level on the y-axis. The first set of graphs looks good. If you put the pointer over one of the points on the x-y scatter plot graph you see: "EW-5 Pump Test" Point "4321.00" (4321.00, 2445.04) 4321.00 is time in minutes and 2445.04 is the water level in feet. However, my next series of graphs for the same well (plots the same type of data for another event) looks like: "EW-5 Recovery Test" Point "43...

Outlook #4
I am using Outlook 2002 and i want my outlook to leave a copy of the mails in the server. How to enable this feature. We are using Exchange server to download our mails. By default, your mail should already be stored in your Exchange mailbox, Ramesh. You can check the setting using the steps outlined in this article. 296622 OL2002: Messages Disappear from Your Inbox http://support.microsoft.com/?id=296622 -- Regards, Chris Burnham Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------------------- "Ramesh" <l...

drawing box plots with excel
I have different sets of data and would like to draw box plots (Minimum lower quartile, medium, upper quartile, maximum) to present them. I there any way to do this with excel or do you know another program that might help? Many thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com do you want to actually plot the box or do u want excel to work out the results for the upper quartile ect? MVP Jon Peltier has some instruction on his site for creating box and whisker charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#B oxWhisker HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original ...

plots sent to to a chart tab do not show plot & I loss the plot
I have a spreadsheet that has a chart tab with a plot of data from another part of the spreadsheet. Now, however, the chart is empty and when I try to send any plot to a chart tab the plot is lost and the chart tab is empty. This is happening now in all my spreadsheets the plot can be created within a spreadsheet but as soon as I move it to a tab the plot is lost and the chart tab has nothing in it. !!!????!!!! ...

XY Scatter Plot
I have a stringline chart I have made out of the XY scatter plot chart for trains in our area. The file is a program that allows users to input a train number (e.g. 520), start time (8:20 - using military time) and a starting location and an ending location. This if for my boss so he can experiment with various train schedule and see the trains in a stringline diagram (time of day vs. mileposts for each train). I currently have all the trains plotted against the mileposts and, correctly, some trains start and end midway where as others complete the entire run. My problem is I am getting some ...

Upgrading #4
I have xp and money 2004 premium when i use my account (not the admin account) i get an upgrade is available for download. I download the upgrade in admin and install then go back to my account and get the same message. I have reinstalled the program a few times. Any advice? i dont want to work on the program in administrator. Thank you all in advance for your help <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1855a01c42016$092a8f50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have xp and money 2004 premium when i use my account > (not the admin account) i get an upgrade is...

Protecting Cells #4
I want to protect a few cells in a worksheet - not the whole worksheet. How do I do it? Sorry, you have to protect the whole worksheet, then UNprotect all of the cells except those that you wish to secure. Alternative may be to provide data validation on the cells that you wish to protect, but this is not particularly secure (copy/paste will override, for example). For that matter, nothing is secure, I guess. "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23C06FEE-5808-49CF-A329-42C380B51D03@microsoft.com... > I want to protect a few cells in a worksheet ...

how do i plot a rose diagram to show frequency of wind direction
can i use excel or another program in microsoft to do this? Hi Kathryn, Get a wind rose for Excel here http://edferrero.m6.net/content/windrose.zip Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.net "kathryn" <kathryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71874D4A-0D49-4490-BAE1-2C74F9E876FC@microsoft.com... > can i use excel or another program in microsoft to do this? ...

multiple series bar and line chart
Hello, I am creating charts with 5 data series. I have it set up to create both bars and lines. (bars plotted agains primary y axis, lines against secondary y axis) However, it always sets the first four series to display as bars and the last one as a line. I need the first two as bars and the last three as lines. How do I force a series from one type to the other? I have already tried "plot series on secondary axis" but that only plots the bars against the second axis. it does not change them to a line. I am using excel 2003, and cannot use plugins. Only stock excel. ...

deleting hypen from zip+4
I'm trying to delete the hypen from the zip+4. Example: 90210-1234 into 902101234. I need to take out the hypen in order to mail merge the zipcode using a postnet font. Thank you. Jonjon, If they're numbers, you can remove the custom formatting (Format - Cells - Number). If they're text, put this in a helper column and copy down: =SUBSTITUTE(A2,"-",) You can now copy this column, and use Paste Special - Values to replace the original zip codes, then do away with the helper column. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net -------------------...

Time Series Question
I have a line graph depicting product tests over a 2 week period. The Y axis are the results ranging from -10 to +10. The X axis is timescale. The problem I have is that the timescale only allows days, months and years. What I actually need is the x axis to breakdown into hours as multiple tests take place each hour. Is there any way that such can be accomplished in Excel? Regards Daz Use an XY chart, not what is confusing called a line chart. You can then set the X axis increment in Excel's time format. -- David Biddulph "news.microsoft.com" <Post2Group@Only....

Voting Buttons #4
Is there a way to set up a Voting Button to select Multiple Voting buttons. I need a response with 2 votes to be selected. Thanks. No, but you can send 2 emails, each with single choice voting buttons. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, tkirby@winstead.com asked: | Is there a way to set up a Voting Button to select | Multiple Voting buttons. I need ...

Forwarding mail #4
Hi, I am trying to find out if it is possible to forward a individuals emails from from his account in exchange to an external address? Thanks Sure, see http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Matt Owen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:809901c4959f$74804ac0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am trying to find out if it is possible to forward a > individuals emails from from his account in exchange to > an external addre...

Windows Update for HP Photosmart 475 DOT 4
I keep getting an Error Code: 0x80070005 everytime Windows Update asks me to install Windows Update for HP Photosmart 475 DOT 4. How do I get around the problem? You may receive an "0x80070005: Access is denied" error message when you create a scheduled task on a Windows XP-based computer after you install security update 841873 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904423/en-us Can you install the printer update from the HP web site? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Roger" <Roger@discussions.mic...

how to plot a polar chart / plot
http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot2.htm http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polar.htm Cheers Andy Aparna wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...