Plotting data points on 2 axis

I have a table in excel

Col A: name of stores
Col B: % scores on Parameter A
Col C: % scores on Parameter B

I want to plot a chart with Parameter A on X-axis, Parameter B on Y-axis.
The stores should be plotted as data points in all 4 quadrants.

While the scores for Parameter A & B are in % (0 to 100), i want the base
point as 60%. There would thus be stores (data points) in all four quadrants
of the chart.

How can i plot such a chart. Plz help.

Regards

Nikhil
0
Nikhil (17)

Make an XY chart using the data in columns B and C (parameters A and B).
Format each axis scale so the other axis crosses at 60%. Not the axes cross
in the middle of the chart. Format the patterns of each axis so its labels
are in the "low" location, not Next to Axis, to move them out of the way.
You can label the points with the store names using one of these free Excel
utilities:

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools,
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/>
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html
_______

"Nikhil" <Nikhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a table in excel
>
> Col A: name of stores
> Col B: % scores on Parameter A
> Col C: % scores on Parameter B
>
> I want to plot a chart with Parameter A on X-axis, Parameter B on Y-axis.
> The stores should be plotted as data points in all 4 quadrants.
>
> While the scores for Parameter A & B are in % (0 to 100), i want the base
> point as 60%. There would thus be stores (data points) in all four
> quadrants
> of the chart.
>
> How can i plot such a chart. Plz help.
>
> Regards
>
> Nikhil

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
4/25/2009 8:19:57 PM
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the response....but to be honest, i am very poor with
charts...and just do not know how to get started with selecting the chart
type and then formating the chart etc....i did try the way you suggested but
got lost... can you help me with more explicit details please

Nikhil

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Make an XY chart using the data in columns B and C (parameters A and B).
> Format each axis scale so the other axis crosses at 60%. Not the axes cross
> in the middle of the chart. Format the patterns of each axis so its labels
> are in the "low" location, not Next to Axis, to move them out of the way.
> You can label the points with the store names using one of these free Excel
> utilities:
>
>     Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
>     John Walkenbach's Chart Tools,
> http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
> http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/>
> Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
> http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html
> _______
>

> "Nikhil" <Nikhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a table in excel
> >
> > Col A: name of stores
> > Col B: % scores on Parameter A
> > Col C: % scores on Parameter B
> >
> > I want to plot a chart with Parameter A on X-axis, Parameter B on Y-axis.
> > The stores should be plotted as data points in all 4 quadrants.
> >
> > While the scores for Parameter A & B are in % (0 to 100), i want the base
> > point as 60%. There would thus be stores (data points) in all four
> > quadrants
> > of the chart.
> >
> > How can i plot such a chart. Plz help.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Nikhil

0
Nikhil (17)
4/27/2009 12:43:01 PM
Ok...i am getting a hang of it somehow...i have a new problem...

since i intersect the axis at 60%, can i have for each quadrant the count of
data points in each quadrant?

Nikhil

"Nikhil" wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> Thanks for the response....but to be honest, i am very poor with
> charts...and just do not know how to get started with selecting the chart
> type and then formating the chart etc....i did try the way you suggested but
> got lost... can you help me with more explicit details please
>
> Nikhil
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
> > Make an XY chart using the data in columns B and C (parameters A and B).
> > Format each axis scale so the other axis crosses at 60%. Not the axes cross
> > in the middle of the chart. Format the patterns of each axis so its labels
> > are in the "low" location, not Next to Axis, to move them out of the way.
> > You can label the points with the store names using one of these free Excel
> > utilities:
> >
> >     Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
> >     John Walkenbach's Chart Tools,
> > http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm
> >
> > - Jon
> > -------
> > Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
> > http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/>
> > Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
> > http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html
> > _______
> >

> > "Nikhil" <Nikhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a table in excel
> > >
> > > Col A: name of stores
> > > Col B: % scores on Parameter A
> > > Col C: % scores on Parameter B
> > >
> > > I want to plot a chart with Parameter A on X-axis, Parameter B on Y-axis.
> > > The stores should be plotted as data points in all 4 quadrants.
> > >
> > > While the scores for Parameter A & B are in % (0 to 100), i want the base
> > > point as 60%. There would thus be stores (data points) in all four
> > > quadrants
> > > of the chart.
> > >
> > > How can i plot such a chart. Plz help.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Nikhil

0
Nikhil (17)
4/27/2009 1:03:01 PM
Charts don't do calculations, that's what the worksheet does. You can set up
formulas that count based on >60% or <60%.

For example, if your data is in rows 4 through 18, this formula tells you
how many points are in the top right quadrant (both > 0.6):

=SUM((A$4:A$18>0.6)*(B$4:B$18>0.6))

This formula has to be array-entered: hold Ctrl and Shift while pressing
Enter.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP

> Ok...i am getting a hang of it somehow...i have a new problem...
>
> since i intersect the axis at 60%, can i have for each quadrant the count
> of
> data points in each quadrant?
>
> Nikhil
>
> "Nikhil" wrote:
>
>> Hi Jon,
>>
>> Thanks for the response....but to be honest, i am very poor with
>> charts...and just do not know how to get started with selecting the chart
>> type and then formating the chart etc....i did try the way you suggested
>> but
>> got lost... can you help me with more explicit details please
>>
>> Nikhil
>>
>> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>>
>> > Make an XY chart using the data in columns B and C (parameters A and
>> > B).
>> > Format each axis scale so the other axis crosses at 60%. Not the axes
>> > cross
>> > in the middle of the chart. Format the patterns of each axis so its
>> > labels
>> > are in the "low" location, not Next to Axis, to move them out of the
>> > way.
>> > You can label the points with the store names using one of these free
>> > Excel
>> > utilities:
>> >
>> >     Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler,
>> > http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
>> >     John Walkenbach's Chart Tools,
>> > http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm
>> >
>> > - Jon
>> > -------
>> > Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
>> > http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/>
>> > Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
>> > http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html
>> > _______
>> >

>> > "Nikhil" <Nikhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Plots
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are there in Visual C++ plots drawing library like BCB TeeChart? Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dkoi8-r&q...

External data retrieve timescale
Is there any way to lower the Refresh External Data time to below 1minute? Thank you. Richard Hi Richard, using application.ontime you can schedule a procedure that will refresh your data more often than once per minute. Regards, Ivan ...

Invisible Data
Hi, After data is placed in form, it doesn't show up after the form is opened again. If i change the properties to NO data entry, the data will pop up again, but after closing and opening the form again, it disappears again. The data is in the tables/reports but won't stick in the form. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200801/1 Are you saying that your form has the DataEntry property set to True? The sole purpose of that property is to determine whether existing records are displayed. If it's True, the form show...

Stacked Charts with price on 2nd axis
I'm trying to create a chart that is stacked - with a price line on a second y axis I am trying to show total volume wit volume used and volume remaining in one stack and then on top of that I want a price line on the second Y axis I see a Line-Column on 2 axis but I need a Line-Stacked Column on 2 axis Any ideas Create a stacked chart with all the data including price. Then, select the price series on the chart. Select Chart | Chart Type... and select the kind of line you want to use. Double-click the line series and from the Axis tab select Secondary. -- Regards, Tushar Me...

3/8 In Drive Tuff 1® Ratchet Set
Price:$78.95 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B000I1SV0W Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000I1SV0W 3/8 In Drive Tuff 1® Ratchet Set - 2 Piece 72 tooth head design delivers a short 5deg stroke for use in tight areas. 17 teeth engage when torque is applied to provide a strong grip without slippage. Thumb falls naturally into position, giving instant control with one hand. 2 Piece Set Includes: 3/8" Drive - 10.3" Tuff 1® Reversible Ratchet 10.9" Tuff 1® Bent Handle Flex Head Ratchet Packaged in a tray. ...

Large spreadsheet file but no data
I have a spreadsheet with twowork sheets. On the first are a number of (about 5) If statments per row with abou 300 rows. The second has selective references to the first sheet. This spreadsheet acts as the basis for a two page word mail merg document with about 20 merge fields. The spreadsheet has a size of 3.07mb which seems very large for what i has on it. I have now deleted everything I can see from the spreadsheet includin all borders and colours and the size is still similar. Does anyone have any ideas why this could be? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ar...

too late to upgrade to 2.0?
Our maintenance plan recently expired (mid-January 2007) and we did not renew it. Upon reflection, we're realizing that RMS 2.0 was released (at least we think so) while we still had a plan. Is it possible to still obtain an upgrade or did we cut the "umbilical cord" and should now abandon all hope of receiving an upgrade now? Can we access other older updates / hotfixes for V1.3 that we previously had access to? Thanks in advance. I think the official release date was January 15th. If your maintenance was still in effect as of that date, you should be entitled to the ne...

data disapear
Hello, I made a software writing data to access database. It has been worked well for many years under W2000, XP and also Win7. Now I encountered the problem at one Vista installation. After some days data were entered suddenly disappear data and the database is empty. Maybe windows installer brings the older version of database from the installation package?? Has anybody some idea? Where should I check? Thanks Uwe On 06/05/2010 12:31, Uwe Conradi wrote: > Hello, > I made a software writing data to access database. It has been worked > well for many years under W2...

Updating Series Data for chart based on variable.
I'm trying to have VBA change the ranges for a chart based on the last row in a set of data. The row number has been set to "i". I already have Dim i as long at the beginning of my macro My code looks like this: Sheet6.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate With ActiveChart .SeriesCollection(1).Value = Sheet1.Range("$CH$17:$CH$" & i) .SeriesCollection(1).XValues = Sheet1.Range("$I$17:$I$" & i) .SeriesCollection(2).Value = Sheet1.Range("$CG$17:$CG$" & i) .SeriesCollection(2).XValues...

Can I control other process UI and input some data ?
Hi How can I control other process UI and input some data value like input edit box or click button controls ? Is there some good sample code and tool to help me ? Thank you . "Kid" <Kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC912098-E45E-4A70-82C0-5816011877D8@microsoft.com... > Hi > > How can I control other process UI and input some data value like input > edit > box or click button controls ? > > Is there some good sample code and tool to help me ? > > Thank you . There is no all-purpose solution but many things can be done by...

BackingUp data
Hi may i know how i can backup my outlook contacts and other data into an external drive using outlook 2007 and 2003 "Amin" <Amin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:546C619C-6F3B-4432-802F-26CA0D645638@microsoft.com... > Hi may i know how i can backup my outlook contacts and other data into an > external drive using outlook 2007 and 2003 Close Outlook and copy the pst file. It's as simple as that, as a search on Google or here would have told you. ...

Exchange question #2
I have just taken over a medium size office, running Exchange 6.5 on Small Business Server 2003, clients run Outlook 2003. My immediate problem is I have two users who cannot send email to several specific addresses outside the company. Everyone else can send to these addresses. When these two people send email to the outside addresses, they immediately get an email back stating that the address doesn't exist or something to that effect. It appears to be bounced right back from the server. Does anyone have an idea here? Thanks in advance. Can you post the NDR? -- Bharat Sune...

Importing Data #2
I am new to Money having previously been doing my own accounts in Excel. I have data that could be used in money - payee, category, date, account, amount etc. Is there any way of importing this data into Momey? Thanks Max In microsoft.public.money, Max Scott wrote: >I am new to Money having previously been doing my own accounts in Excel. I >have data that could be used in money - payee, category, date, account, >amount etc. Is there any way of importing this data into Momey? Money can File->Import QIF and OFX files. QIF is simpler. QIF does include payee, category, date, and...

plotting long plots
I have a HP designjet 110 nr plotter. I've created a plot that we nee to show drilling activity. My first plot was 24"x36". Plot works grea and to scale. My next plot was to be 24"x72". Now the charts will no even display in Print Preview. I can scale back the plot where it i about 48" and it will preview and plot, but I need it to go out eve futher than 72 inches. I may go out as far as 30 feet. I have images on the plot area and it will print it just fine at th farther distances -- TexasDa -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Outlook 2003, change Exchange profile without loosing PSTs configuration #2
Hi, My company choose to consolidate our exchange servers, In my branch office, i need to reconfigure My outlook 2003 users in this manner : Old config : Echange in my domain, with my username as mailbox With or Without PST(s) New one : Exchange in another domain, without any trust User is not my username but X00456 Need same PST(s) (i know that my users need to do a second authentication) when i use a PRF with OverwriteProfile=Append, it don't work ( the old exchange mailbox is open, nothing seems to be changed) Tested on different computers [General] Custom=1 DefaultProfile=Yes O...

Copied data not treated same way as typed in data
Hi there. I am new to this newsgroup - but I wonder if someone might be able to help. I have an Excel spreadsheet (MS Excel'97 .xls Workbook) which contains a whole load of data. I am trying to use the FREQUENCY command [e.g. =FREQUENCY($N$7:$N$2000,C60:C61)] to summarise certain columns of data - to tell me the number of times that certain codes appear. I have used the FREQUENCY command before in another spreadsheet without any problem. In my current spreadsheet I have setup the FREQUENCY commands in exactly the same way, but all the output fields appear as zero. Interestingly thoug...

Indenting Bullets #2
Hi, I would like to indent the actual bullets in a Publisher text box, but I can't figure out how. It only allows me to indent the text that follows the bullet, but the bullet stays put. Thank you. Select the text box, select your bulleted list, on the ruler, slide the guides to where you want the indents. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "The Word Source" <The Word Source@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1556385-91...

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

Plotting Data
Hi, how can I plot the analysis data in the document class, in its related view class. Is it possible to make plots like in MATLAB (surface plots,mesh plots of a matrix)??? ...

External Data Source and Adjacent Column / Data
I have a worksheet that gets it's data from an external data source. On that same worksheet, the 2 columns immediately to the right of that dataset are for "Notes" and a date. My goal is that someone can put notes in that column and it "binds" itself to that line of data, such that if the data moves to a different row in the excel worksheet (because of other data changes or whatever), that note stays with it. And if that line of data is removed from the dataset, a refresh would also remove the note. Instead, data in "Note" is binding to the row number...

import or query another db to get weekly data for a report
I realize I might not need an import because I don't want to write over the imported data each week. Do I use a SQL update or append query to get data from an Access db on our network? I don't see the tables in my query design tool so I'm wondering how I do the query if I can't see the tables for the other database. thanks, ...

Read data from cells in different worksheets
Hi! I have a problem with my VBA code when I try to read values from cells in two different worksheets. When I run the macro the program tells me that I=B4m out of bound. But everything works when I save the data in the same worksheet. How shold I write the code so that this simple thing could work? The data should be read when the user makes a buttonlick and then it will be used later on. The code is simple like this: Public Sub Button1_Click() A =3D Worksheets("Page1").Range("N8").Value B =3D Worksheets("Page2").Range("I8").Value I want to save the ...

MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay
We have quite a lot of projects in Project Server. Should there be data in MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay table on ProjectServer_Reporting db? Now the table is totally empty. How can we get data to that table? Hi Jyrki, what happens if you publish a project? Does that data get to the table? Are there any failed jobs in your queue? You can try to force a rebuild of your Reporting DB: 1. From PWA - Server Settings - Administrative Backup, take backup of ‘Enterprise Custom Fields’. 2. From PWA - Server Settings - Administrative Restore, restore ‘Enterprise Custom Fields’. You ...

plot
Dear member, I have a question . The question is how to make a graph=85.I do know your name or kind For example I have range the value of mean and variance. I need to plot the two in same graph how is attachad . mean var tn 287.787 120.619 t12 2.147.523 13.843.230 t18 2.698.113 22.254.429 t24 3.288.497 17.780.971 td 1.841.121 7.918.387 Anyone have one idea.. how to make it? Thanks&Regards Jen Hi, Highlight all the data, with titles and click the Chart Wizard button and choose a line chart type, follow the wizard. However, your first two data points are very large relative to al...

importing old outlook data??
Hello :) I recently had to reinstall everything, but I kept all my ol programs and settings in tact on (what is now) my slave drive. I have reinstalled Outlook 2000, but I would like to import everythin from my old copy (contacts, all my folders of saved messages, etc.) How would I go about doing this? Thanks in advance! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You should re-use your .PST file to get all your data back. Look here for all the information you nee...