plotting charts #2

I have a chart in a worksheet and it pulls it information from the same
worksheet.  The amount of items may vary in the chart so i need to be able to
plot just the cells with information in them instead of having a huge graph
that is plotting all the cells.  The format of my worksheet does not change.
0
enyaw (2)

Hi,

See here for details on dynamic ranges.
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Plots
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are there in Visual C++ plots drawing library like BCB TeeChart? Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dkoi8-r&q...

CHART #5
How come...when you change the source data...in other words...expand the data series to incorporate new data within a chart.. save changes then, exit the chart,..... the cursor moves to the top of the spreadsheet?? Why is this so? Why can't my mouse (cursor) stay in and around the chart??? Larry ...

Backup Requisition Management Business Portal 2.5
since I do backup of the module of requisition management in BP 2.5? ...

Auto Numbering #2
I would like to know if there is any method whereby an auto number can be generated for me in the first column (A) for each record i enter ? Example 1 ABC 2 ABCD 3 ... 4 ... and so on --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way =if(b3<>"",a2+1,"") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "linuskmj" <linuskmj.zddja@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:linuskmj.zddja@excelforum-nospam.com... > I would like to know if there is any method whereby an auto number can > be generated for me in the first column (A) f...

Error calling the function HrESERestoreComplete #2
Hello All, I am writing an application to backup and restore M.S. Exchange server programatically. I am using the Exchange Backup and Restore API and am developing the application in VC++ 6.0 on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. I am able to do the backup successfully but I am getting error in the Function "HrESERestoreComplete" during the resore. I am trying to call the function HrESERestoreComplete as follows: //<step 8> //HrESERestoreComplete CString strTempLocationPath; CString strTempLocationPath1; strTempLocationPath = _T("C:\\viraj\\exchangedata_bkp\\...

Superscript #2
Is it possible to show supersript in a text entry in excel for example the symbol for H2O or Cubic metres - m3?? TIA Mick Type H20 in cell With mouse, select the 2 Use Format|Cell and open Font tab Click in the subscript box Similar steps work for m3. But for squared and cubed you can also: A)Type m; hold ALT and type 179 on numeric keypad to get m^3. B) Type cm; hold ALT type 0178 om numeric keypad to get cm^2 Best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "MGT" <no1@nospam.com> wrote in message news:cch0ht$cl9$1@news7.svr.po...

Macro to change position of chart labels on line chart
Hello all, I have quite a trickly problem to solve and I would appreciate any suggestions. I have a dashboard page in a worksheet which shows financial KPIs (i.e. sales) as forecast this year versus last year. There are a number of line charts on the dashboard showing the differing forecasts; the user of the dashboard can choose a business unit to view. What I would like to be able to do is to have the chart labels for these charts automatically change their aligmnent so that they display properly. I have set the chart labels to display "Above" for the new forecast and "Bel...

plotting long plots
I have a HP designjet 110 nr plotter. I've created a plot that we nee to show drilling activity. My first plot was 24"x36". Plot works grea and to scale. My next plot was to be 24"x72". Now the charts will no even display in Print Preview. I can scale back the plot where it i about 48" and it will preview and plot, but I need it to go out eve futher than 72 inches. I may go out as far as 30 feet. I have images on the plot area and it will print it just fine at th farther distances -- TexasDa -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Importing Data #2
I am new to Money having previously been doing my own accounts in Excel. I have data that could be used in money - payee, category, date, account, amount etc. Is there any way of importing this data into Momey? Thanks Max In microsoft.public.money, Max Scott wrote: >I am new to Money having previously been doing my own accounts in Excel. I >have data that could be used in money - payee, category, date, account, >amount etc. Is there any way of importing this data into Momey? Money can File->Import QIF and OFX files. QIF is simpler. QIF does include payee, category, date, and...

Dynamic Charts #2
I know how to make Dynamic charts but how do you adjust the data serie automatically when new series data is added. For Example. Old Data chris 2 chris 5 sue 4 sue 3 New Data chris 2 chris 5 chris 6 sue 4 sue 3 When new data is added to the bottom the chart adjusts but how do yo get the series to adjust to the "chris" series which is in the middle? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Using the technique based on the OFFSET function...

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

Plotting Data
Hi, how can I plot the analysis data in the document class, in its related view class. Is it possible to make plots like in MATLAB (surface plots,mesh plots of a matrix)??? ...

Charting the relationship between two cells
Can you / How do you chart a the relationship between two cells (preferably without making two tables). It feels like this should be a simple function of excel. I want to see how a cell is effected when I put numbers 1-1,000,000 in it. For example, I have a worksheet that asks how many units I am managing. I put in that number in a single cell and my worksheet comes alive telling me how many people I need to have, how much space I need, etc, etc. But most importantly it shows me the bottom line profit. I want to chart the relationship between those two cells (number of units and pr...

Chart #6
I have some data, as dates and numbers. The dates I'm using as the X axis and the numbers as the Y. When I graph the data from their original cells, excel changes the dates to numbers between 0 and 12 and graphs the scatter plot with the lines. When I use another set of cells to see if there is a number in the original cells and to chart the data, the chart that is plotted graphs the correct coordinates, but the lines connecting the coordinates are no longer visible. How do I remedy this? ...

Dynamic cell ranges in charts
Hi, I have set up a number of named cell ranges which plot ok in the chart, but now I want make global changes in the cell ranges without having to modify them in the "Refers To" box. I am using Excel 2007. Can I use Named cells within the Refers To box, ie. calling the new max and min cells and establishing the range that way? Of course. For example, take Shane's suggestion from your last post, and replace various parameters with cell addresses or names: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100),1) becomes for example =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,Sheet1!$C$1,Sheet1!$D$...

plot
Dear member, I have a question . The question is how to make a graph=85.I do know your name or kind For example I have range the value of mean and variance. I need to plot the two in same graph how is attachad . mean var tn 287.787 120.619 t12 2.147.523 13.843.230 t18 2.698.113 22.254.429 t24 3.288.497 17.780.971 td 1.841.121 7.918.387 Anyone have one idea.. how to make it? Thanks&Regards Jen Hi, Highlight all the data, with titles and click the Chart Wizard button and choose a line chart type, follow the wizard. However, your first two data points are very large relative to al...

Charts different data source
Hi, My problem. I have a workbook with more than 50 worksheets. All the worksheet have the same structure and each I would like to embed 3 different chart, one for income, other for cost and another for Ebitda. I would like to make a template for each chart and copy for the others worksheet. Questions: 1 - How can I make this dynamic as I would like to choose hom many months I would like to show in each chart? 2 - How I keep the reference for the data source in each worksheet? I tried to use the functions offset, 3d range and others functions but I could=B4t make them work. Can somebody ...

link chart title?
I've learned about dynamic charts in this forum which has been very helpful in autmating some charts that I use. I would also like the chart title be linked in some way to a cell. Is that possible? Hi, Here are a couple of explanations. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_chart_title/fp_tutorial.html http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy Dave Breitenbach wrote: > I've learned about dynamic charts in this forum which has been very helpful > in autmating some charts that I use. I would also like the chart title be > linked in some way to a...

AutoFill pattern based on cell locations #2
Hi, I have a list of addresses that need to be in a different format. The addresses are currently in this format: Atria Chandler Villas 101 S. Yucca Street Chandler, Arizona 85244-8419 (blank cell) Atria Bell Court Gardens 6653 E. Carondelet Drive Tucson, Arizona 85710-2155 520.886.3600 (blank cell) Atria Campana del Rio 1550 East River Road Tucson, Arizona 85718-5800 520.299.1941 I need them in rows instead of columns, like this: Atria Chandler Villas 101 S. Yucca Street Chandler, Arizona 85244-8419 Chandler, Arizona 85244-8419 The pattern is as follows for the names: =B1 =B6 =B11 ...

Charting weekday performance by the day
I have the daily efficiency numbers for machines with a header on th date they were ran so for example I have 9/2/04 and machines with efficiency 85, 82, an 86 I would like to graph performance based upon the day of th week(mon-fri) My dates are b20:h20, while my machine effieciency numbers are b21:h21 b22:h22, etc.. -- Brad198 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Brad1982's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1569 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27417 I selected my test data r...

How do I print 2 charts to 1 page?
Hi Cloudy Maybe http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Cloudy Amie" <Cloudy Amie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9890E25-B186-4140-B829-AEF7EB1ED109@microsoft.com... > ...

Textbox #2
Hi all, How do you get a textbox to autocomplete a word, or is it a textbox. I have been using a combobox but I wanted to make the form a bit neater with out the arrows. Also How can you change a caption of a userform to show the name in in cell a1 for example? I would love to have the userform show the name of the person I am using the information about.. Thanks in advance Greg Hi Greg can't help with the first Q ... personally, don't think combo boxes are that messy :) with Q2 use something along the lines of the following Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() UserFor...

Outlook Express won't open #2
Not sure what to do, so hoping someone "out there" can help. Recently got back from travels and while away let family use my computer...they apparently installed an update...to the point I can no longer access my Outlook Express. I receive the message 'MSOERES.DLL could not be found, may not be installed correctly' the computer cannot access 'C:/ProgramFile\OutlookExpress\msimn.exe' I have tried downloading and reinstalling the lastest version of Internet Explorer, but nothing is working. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook fo...

Graph not plotting what it should be plotting
I am having difficulty with Excel and was hoping someone could be of assistance. I am plotting a series of graphs with time on the x-axis and water level on the y-axis. The first set of graphs looks good. If you put the pointer over one of the points on the x-y scatter plot graph you see: "EW-5 Pump Test" Point "4321.00" (4321.00, 2445.04) 4321.00 is time in minutes and 2445.04 is the water level in feet. However, my next series of graphs for the same well (plots the same type of data for another event) looks like: "EW-5 Recovery Test" Point "43...

Macro to paste chart as enhanced metafile
I have a large number of excel charts to paste into Word as enhanced metafiles. I need a macro to do this, but can't figure out how to write it. Any help would be appreciated! ...