Plotting a 3D Bar Chart

Hi everyone,

I am doing a research on international oil and gas trade. The data table
that I have looks like a typical train schedule. Each row represents oil
exporting countries; each column represents oil importing countries; and
the intersection between row and column represents volume of oil trade.

I found similar chart online but don't know exactly how to create it or
even to describe it. I have attached the screen shot of the chart.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
ZewSays

|Filename: Inter-Area Movements of Oil.jpg                          |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=274|

ZewSays

You might try an "Area Blocks" (xl2003) or a "Column" chart with a "3-D Column" sub type (xl2010).
My belief is nobody will understand it, but it could look impressive.

--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA  .

"ZewSays" <ZewSays.952a009@excelbanter.com>
wrote in message

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am doing a research on international oil and gas trade. The data table
> that I have looks like a typical train schedule. Each row represents oil
> exporting countries; each column represents oil importing countries; and
> the intersection between row and column represents volume of oil trade.
>

> I found similar chart online but don't know exactly how to create it or
> even to describe it. I have attached the screen shot of the chart.
>
> Any help will be very much appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
> ZewSays

> |Filename: Inter-Area Movements of Oil.jpg                          |
> |Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=274|

> ZewSays

Newbie with Progress Bar Question
Hi All, Sorry newbie here ...... I have a Splash Screen and am trying to get a progress bar to work on the bottom. My splash screen stays on for 8000ms and I would like the bar to go up in time with that. I have the following code: private void frmSplash_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { prbSplash.Minimum = 0; prbSplash.Maximum = 8000; { } int value; for (value = 0; value != 8000; value++) { prbSplash.Value = prbSplash.Value + 1; } } ...

Plots
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are there in Visual C++ plots drawing library like BCB TeeChart? Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dkoi8-r&q...

Scroll bar in excel
I don't use excel that much but I want to add a scroll bar to excel with a list of items to pick. I guess I use a scroll bar. I've manged to add a scroll bar but can't find how to add my list. Do I have to use VBA or is it simpler than that - can't find any help on help!! Many thanks Are you saying you want to be able to select something from a list in a specific cell? If so, you want to use Data Validation. If it's something else, come back and clarify your question. "addy" wrote: > I don't use excel that much but I want to add a scroll bar...

CHART #5
How come...when you change the source data...in other words...expand the data series to incorporate new data within a chart.. save changes then, exit the chart,..... the cursor moves to the top of the spreadsheet?? Why is this so? Why can't my mouse (cursor) stay in and around the chart??? Larry ...

Why do I lose legend labels when updating chart data?
Each week I update my charts by adding a column to the source data and then updating, or extending, the chart to include the new week. One of my charts has a problem in that when I do the update, the legend labels revert to "Series 1, Series 2," etc. Is there a setting I can use to stop that from happening? I have other charts that don't exhibit this behavior. Thank you. Hi, The default Series 1, Series 2 etc are used when no information is supplied for the series name. Are you including a row or column that contains series name when you adjust the source data? Cheer...

bar inside larger bar
I don't know if anyone has figured out how to do bar charts with small bars within larger bars before, but I've discovered a very simple way to do it with excel 007: http://lilt.ilstu.edu/jpda/charts/chart%20tips/Chartstip%204.htm#Overlapping_bars Gary - You've done a lot of work since I last visited your site. Good stuff. For non users of 2007, and for those who don't like working with huge borders and the like in 2007, it's still pretty easy to create these nested charts. Plot the wider series on the primary axis, and assign it a smaller gap width. Plot the narrow...

Dynamic Charts #2
I know how to make Dynamic charts but how do you adjust the data serie automatically when new series data is added. For Example. Old Data chris 2 chris 5 sue 4 sue 3 New Data chris 2 chris 5 chris 6 sue 4 sue 3 When new data is added to the bottom the chart adjusts but how do yo get the series to adjust to the "chris" series which is in the middle? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Using the technique based on the OFFSET function...

plotting long plots
I have a HP designjet 110 nr plotter. I've created a plot that we nee to show drilling activity. My first plot was 24"x36". Plot works grea and to scale. My next plot was to be 24"x72". Now the charts will no even display in Print Preview. I can scale back the plot where it i about 48" and it will preview and plot, but I need it to go out eve futher than 72 inches. I may go out as far as 30 feet. I have images on the plot area and it will print it just fine at th farther distances -- TexasDa -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Can a zoom in/out chart be made? #2
How can I make a chart which can be zoomed in or out using the mouse or a button Ram, One method would be to use macros. You would add a user form with a scrollbar to your spreadsheet. The scrollbar would zoom the sheet and in turn zoom the chart. To do so, create a new code module and call it “Module1”. Add this code to the module: Sub ShowForm() UserForm1.Show End Sub Go to the sheet where your chart resides. Add a button to that sheet via the Forms toolbar that will activate the scroll form described below. Attach the macro above to that button. Next, create a new use...

Navigation Bar #3
I am having problem with the navigation bar on the bottom of my web page. The links seem to be properly set up and work while working inside publisher. Once I preview as a web page or publish, the links no longer work. Any thoughts? Thank you! You did not specify what version of Publisher you are using or which browser, but it sounds like you are previewing the site in FireFox. The bottom navbar is converted to an image in both Pub 2003 and 2007 webs for the version of the web pages that are rendered by FireFox. The html coding engine produces a different version for IE. The fix for this...

bar, line and cumulative bar graph in one chart
Hi I was making a dashboard chart which has a gropup of 4 bar graphs, showing 3 parts each and a line graph ....for 10 issues. Please suggest Su Is this what you mean by a "dashboard chart"? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html "Suchita" <Suchita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:499046A2-B085-4917-AD2A-422872EE7577@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I was making a dashboard chart which has a gropup of 4 bar graphs, showing 3 > parts each and a line graph ....for 10 issues. > > Please suggest > > Su Hi Barb, T...

Scroll bar jumps 587 rows Excel 2007
In a Workbook is one Sheet, where, when moving the vertical scroll bar, 587 rows at once are scrolled. In the other Sheets, only one row at a time is scrolled. I suppose I activated one or the other option. How can I return to normal scrolling? Thanks, Eef Houniet Hi Eef, Do you have too many rows in that sheet perhaps? See my answer in excel.nl Greetings from New Zeeland "Eef Houniet" <houniet@xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:OB$UBMzeKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > In a Workbook is one Sheet, where, when moving the vertical scroll bar, >...

Chart #6
I have some data, as dates and numbers. The dates I'm using as the X axis and the numbers as the Y. When I graph the data from their original cells, excel changes the dates to numbers between 0 and 12 and graphs the scatter plot with the lines. When I use another set of cells to see if there is a number in the original cells and to chart the data, the chart that is plotted graphs the correct coordinates, but the lines connecting the coordinates are no longer visible. How do I remedy this? ...

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

Plotting Data
Hi, how can I plot the analysis data in the document class, in its related view class. Is it possible to make plots like in MATLAB (surface plots,mesh plots of a matrix)??? ...

Can MS Publisher print bar codes with its mail merge function or .
I prepare my marketing materials in Publisher but really need to be able to print bar codes otherwise I have to go through steps of making an image of the publisher page and doing it in Word... too complicated. any one know of a way? 1awesomemom <1awesomemom@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I prepare my marketing materials in Publisher but really need to be > able to print bar codes otherwise I have to go through steps of > making an image of the publisher page and doing it in Word... too > complicated. any one know of a way? An article: htt...

plot
Dear member, I have a question . The question is how to make a graph=85.I do know your name or kind For example I have range the value of mean and variance. I need to plot the two in same graph how is attachad . mean var tn 287.787 120.619 t12 2.147.523 13.843.230 t18 2.698.113 22.254.429 t24 3.288.497 17.780.971 td 1.841.121 7.918.387 Anyone have one idea.. how to make it? Thanks&Regards Jen Hi, Highlight all the data, with titles and click the Chart Wizard button and choose a line chart type, follow the wizard. However, your first two data points are very large relative to al...

How do I print 2 charts to 1 page?
Hi Cloudy Maybe http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Cloudy Amie" <Cloudy Amie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9890E25-B186-4140-B829-AEF7EB1ED109@microsoft.com... > ...

Graph not plotting what it should be plotting
I am having difficulty with Excel and was hoping someone could be of assistance. I am plotting a series of graphs with time on the x-axis and water level on the y-axis. The first set of graphs looks good. If you put the pointer over one of the points on the x-y scatter plot graph you see: "EW-5 Pump Test" Point "4321.00" (4321.00, 2445.04) 4321.00 is time in minutes and 2445.04 is the water level in feet. However, my next series of graphs for the same well (plots the same type of data for another event) looks like: "EW-5 Recovery Test" Point "43...

Creating Multiple Pie Charts from Excel Sheet
Creating Multiple Pie Charts from Excel Sheet I have an Excel sheet with the following: -1 header row with the column names. -5 individual rows of unique numerical data underneath. How can I create 5 separate pie charts each using a separate row and the header row without going through the chart wizard for each separate row? Needless to say, I have about 75 rows in the actual example. Any suggestions? Once you have set up one pie chart, you can select this chart by clicking on it (you should see small black squares in the corners and midpoints of the chart area) then you can click <cop...

X Error Bars appearring when it is not set
Hi, I am using the ErrorBars in my chart. I only want the Y Error Bars to show on my chart and I set it correctly in my program using .ErrorBar Direction:=xlY but it appears as a bug in Microsoft Excel Macro. I tried the method in Article 157110 of the Microsoft Knowledge Base to remove the erronously set X Error Bars as follows and it doesn't seem to work: Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro ("SELECT(""Series 1 X Error Bars"")") Selection.Delete What else should I check or what other method can I use? Is this problem corrected in the the latest Microsoft...

drawing box plots with excel
I have different sets of data and would like to draw box plots (Minimum lower quartile, medium, upper quartile, maximum) to present them. I there any way to do this with excel or do you know another program that might help? Many thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com do you want to actually plot the box or do u want excel to work out the results for the upper quartile ect? MVP Jon Peltier has some instruction on his site for creating box and whisker charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#B oxWhisker HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original ...

Dynamic Chart #8
I have a dynamic chart working but when the future vale = 0 or if it has a formula in the cell the chart reads it as 0. Is there any way around this ?? The formula returns "", which Excel interprets as text, and assigns a value of zero. Change this to NA(), which leaves an error in the cell (#N/A), but which is not plotted in a line or XY chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Mark Allen" <MarkAllen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9...

Why has my main menu bar suddenly disappeared?
I started a new Excel spreadsheet this morning and noticed that my "main menu bar" was MIA. Yesterday it was where it should be. Any ideas as to what happened and how to fix it? Thanks in advance ... Hi seems to be happening a lot today! view / toolbars / customize .. go to the toolbars tab and ensure that Worksheet Menu Bar is checked. -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "JR "Mac" MacKay" <JR "Mac" MacKay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AB368EC-53D2-4325-ABD3...

plots sent to to a chart tab do not show plot & I loss the plot
I have a spreadsheet that has a chart tab with a plot of data from another part of the spreadsheet. Now, however, the chart is empty and when I try to send any plot to a chart tab the plot is lost and the chart tab is empty. This is happening now in all my spreadsheets the plot can be created within a spreadsheet but as soon as I move it to a tab the plot is lost and the chart tab has nothing in it. !!!????!!!! ...