plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.

how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not
correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15

I can read your question 2 ways;
A) you data looks like this
x    y
5    10
8    15
etc.
Select the data and make an XY chart

B) you have two sets of data
x1    y1
5    10
10  12
17  15
21  20
and
x2  y2
3     8
7     14
12   19
18   24
Make an XY chart of the first data series
Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy
Click the chart to activate it
Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Series with x-values in first
column; press OK
The chart now has both data series
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"elwood" <elwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not
> correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15

0
Bernard

Plots
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are there in Visual C++ plots drawing library like BCB TeeChart? Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dkoi8-r&q...

Lookup value off by one row
Hi, Any help you can provide on this would be appreciated. I have a worksheet that identifies how far a number is from target. I created the lookup below to coorespond to the productivity increase for next year. =LOOKUP(C4,LookUpValues!$A$1:$A$402,LookUpValues!$B$1:$B$402) C4 is -10.9, in the lookupValues tab -10.9 is in row 93 column A as is the desired result return of 5.6 in column b, however the lookup function is returning 5.7. The issue may be that the data and the lookupValues tab numbers are not exactly the same. -10.90001 and -10.9004 may display the same, but w...

Group Membership Report
Hi all! I have a big dynamic distribution Group and would like to see a report that show list of the membership. I want to have it in the csv format. If there is appropriate cmdlet or script for doing that? Thank you in advance. This from a Microsoft article gets you the membership. $MarketingDepartment = Get-DynamicDistributionGroup -Identity "Marketing Department" Get-Recipient -RecipientPreviewFilter $MarketingDepartment.RecipientFilter You're welcome to do the PowerShell research to figure out how to format it. Bruce Payette's book is good for t...

grouping summary with a total
I have to generate an excel file showing machine capacity by week. our work week is from monday ~friday. with a date field, how do i create weekly totals? I want to show machine hours by machine, week. Are you wanting to generate this file from Access, or strictly within Excel? If strictly within Excel, you'd be best off reposting to a newsgroup related to Excel: this one's for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "tecas" <ted.castillo@...

plotting long plots
I have a HP designjet 110 nr plotter. I've created a plot that we nee to show drilling activity. My first plot was 24"x36". Plot works grea and to scale. My next plot was to be 24"x72". Now the charts will no even display in Print Preview. I can scale back the plot where it i about 48" and it will preview and plot, but I need it to go out eve futher than 72 inches. I may go out as far as 30 feet. I have images on the plot area and it will print it just fine at th farther distances -- TexasDa -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

"grouping" a table to prevent change from users
Hi, I would like to group an entire table with a wdContentControlGroup type of Content Control to prevent editing from users except in some wdContentControlRichText type of Content Control. I'm having problem in passing the right Range of the table. If I use: With ActiveDocument Set r = .Tables(1).Range Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlGroup, r) End With an error "5224" "Wrong selection" arise. If I use: With ActiveDocument .Tables(1).Select Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdCo...

Number of users
I am deploying an MDE Access 2002 application. The clients will pay a "per seat" fee. How can I limit their number of users to the number of seats they have purchased? Ideally you keep a table of active users for the db, setting and removing records during login/logout procedures. So, during your login procedure, if there's more than X number of records, let the user trying to log in know about it and close the app. hth -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work.&quo...

Charting the relationship between two cells
Can you / How do you chart a the relationship between two cells (preferably without making two tables). It feels like this should be a simple function of excel. I want to see how a cell is effected when I put numbers 1-1,000,000 in it. For example, I have a worksheet that asks how many units I am managing. I put in that number in a single cell and my worksheet comes alive telling me how many people I need to have, how much space I need, etc, etc. But most importantly it shows me the bottom line profit. I want to chart the relationship between those two cells (number of units and pr...

Multiple table query displays only one record
I have a table the has information about grant applications. I have another table that has the names and addresses of the schools related to the applications. When I do a querry it either shows only one record or all of the information form one or the other depending on whetner I click 2 or 3 in the properties window. How do I get it to show all of the records from all of the columns that I have chosen from both tables? Elaine_Moore wrote: >I have a table the has information about grant applications. I have another >table that has the names and addresses of the schools related...

Can you print a group schedule? If so, how?
I would like to print a group schedule. Is this possible? ...

Lookup value that falls between two values in a range and then som
I have an array with 4 columns: A B C D 1 435 578 ID1 2 12 113 ID2 3 1478 1879 ID3 etc etc etc etc The value I want to lookup has two components that correspond to column A and a number that falls between columns B and C (or not): E F 1 78 2 86 2 1500 3 1600 etc etc So I'd like to ask is the value in column E = to the value in column A AND does the value in column F fall between the values in columns B and C? If yes, return column D. In this examp...

Group needs separate email address domain
We have a group of users in our company that are all contained in their own OU in AD. I have been told that this group has been setup with MX records for their own domain. How do I configure Exchange 2003 to say that users in this group now have this @smtp domain and how do I configure Exch to recieve email for this group. Thanks Again configure a recipient policy so that you can receive email for that domain...how many users? might be best to just add the address manually, and set it as primary... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "jwilmer" <jwilmer@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

Plotting Data
Hi, how can I plot the analysis data in the document class, in its related view class. Is it possible to make plots like in MATLAB (surface plots,mesh plots of a matrix)??? ...

Draw line between two points using data on the spreedsheet
From the menu, Insert|Chart If you need more information, reply back with more information in the body of the post. A post without a body cannot be replied to in some venues. Jerry Woody Canuck wrote: ...

Reset page number on invoice forms
All, I am running Access via Office XP Pro on Windows 7. Background: I am working on an invoice "form" report. (By form I mean the actual form that I will hand the customer versus an data entry form.) I have it pretty much working thanks to different members on this form, but I have another question. For this report Work Order number is also used as the invoice number. The report is comprised of the following parts: Main report: row source is qrytblWorkOrder table (Invoice rcd) WorkOrder Header - Grouped by Work Order / Inv No # Detail Page...

plot
Dear member, I have a question . The question is how to make a graph=85.I do know your name or kind For example I have range the value of mean and variance. I need to plot the two in same graph how is attachad . mean var tn 287.787 120.619 t12 2.147.523 13.843.230 t18 2.698.113 22.254.429 t24 3.288.497 17.780.971 td 1.841.121 7.918.387 Anyone have one idea.. how to make it? Thanks&Regards Jen Hi, Highlight all the data, with titles and click the Chart Wizard button and choose a line chart type, follow the wizard. However, your first two data points are very large relative to al...

Graph not plotting what it should be plotting
I am having difficulty with Excel and was hoping someone could be of assistance. I am plotting a series of graphs with time on the x-axis and water level on the y-axis. The first set of graphs looks good. If you put the pointer over one of the points on the x-y scatter plot graph you see: "EW-5 Pump Test" Point "4321.00" (4321.00, 2445.04) 4321.00 is time in minutes and 2445.04 is the water level in feet. However, my next series of graphs for the same well (plots the same type of data for another event) looks like: "EW-5 Recovery Test" Point "43...

Extracting number
Need help for formula to extract number... abc de/f 123456 123.45/678.90 - extract 123.45 abcd 4.5% 456789 12345.67/23456.78 - extract 12345.67 abcd e 123789 abc1234 - nothing to extract, show 0 Basically, it will always be 123/456, then extract 123 before the slash. Formula needed. Thanks. -- hanz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hanz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36059 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=558452 hanz wrote: > Need help for formula to extract num...

phone numbers
live wont let me get my email it keeps saying my user name and password is incorrect,even tho its right? it works on other mail programs? i there any numbers to ring microsoft?? The Invalid password error message can mean that any of the following are wrong: - POP3 server name - Incoming Mail Server E-mail User Name (most require the full e-mail address user@somewhere.com, others just want the user part - the portion before the @) - Incoming Mail Server Password (often case sensitive) - Incorrect use of Secure Password Authentication (SPA) or APOP - very few severs use...

Anyone know what forum is replacing this group?
Since most news groups have gone already, any idea what forum is replacing this news group? Hopefully it is a separate forum, and not one of these lets dump it in with some other subject like they have done with so many of the groups. Of course most of the traffic is now on NTDEV at http://www.osronline.com anyway, but just wondering where this group will end up. Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr > any idea what forum is replacing this news group? The con...

TTF Number already in use error
Working on a CBM Batch, I'm choosing a specific TTF document number for a telegraphic transfer payment. Receive an error - number alreay in use. The number has never been used and does not reflect in any enquiry or report on TTF document numbers. Dear, First checklinks on (CM Transactions) then check table CB100000, make sure that the number does not exist there, if it exist then it have been used before and deleted. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Software Development Manager +962 - 79 - 999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.co...

Updating Contact Distribution Groups
At work we use the contacts a lot and we have all the contact cards set up and then also we have different distribution lists for all the states we do business in... with members from the contacts list. I went through all the groups and selected the members for each group, well when I updated the directory contacts from our other program (through excell) I deleted and replaced all the contacts with the new updated ones, so now when I go into the distribution lists and hit update they wont update because they cannot find the ones that I actually had selected (even though they are ...

Resource Group Error. (CRM 3.0 on SSL)
Hi everyone, We are facing one strange problem with MS Dynamics 3.0. Envirnment: CRM Website has been put on SSL and user can access the same through https://CRMURL only over the internet. The secure access was implemented by changing the Kernel Mode SSL settings and adding a Security Certificate to the CRM Website. The problem: We are unable to add new resources to the group created. I'm getting the Error as follows. ******************************************************* "Record is Unavailable The Record that you are requesting is currently unavailable. Either the Recor...

Syncronize Two Calendars
I have two different calendars. I can bring them up side by side in My Calendars and can drag and drop data between them. Is it possible to automatically sync the two together? One is a shared calendar and the other is a private. They interact fine together, I would just like it automated. Is there a plugin out there that will do this? I have Office 2003. Thanks! Justin <jbcook@gmail.com> wrote: > I have two different calendars. I can bring them up side by side in My > Calendars and can drag and drop data between them. Is it possible to > automatically sync the two together? ...