Plot 3D data in excel

I need to plot borehole coordinates (x, y, z) axes that are determined using
MS Excel. Can I use a Jon Peltier solution or would it be better to
manipulate excel capabilities with VBA?
0
WYGMBP (1)

You would be better off with an addin such as SigmaPlot - see www.spss.com

best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"WYGMBP" <WYGMBP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to plot borehole coordinates (x, y, z) axes that are determined
>using
> MS Excel. Can I use a Jon Peltier solution or would it be better to
> manipulate excel capabilities with VBA?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Invisible Data
Hi, After data is placed in form, it doesn't show up after the form is opened again. If i change the properties to NO data entry, the data will pop up again, but after closing and opening the form again, it disappears again. The data is in the tables/reports but won't stick in the form. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200801/1 Are you saying that your form has the DataEntry property set to True? The sole purpose of that property is to determine whether existing records are displayed. If it's True, the form show...

How to Use Pivot Tables in Excel
Although many people know how to use excel, not many people know how to use pivot tables. Pivot table is one of the most powerful tools when doing an analysis in Excel. Pivot Tables allow you to manipulate the data the way you want to see the results. WHAT IS A PIVOT TABLE? Pivot Tables allow users summarize large data, sort, count, filter items, switch rows and columns, drag and drop fields of the data which is stored in another source � another one table or spreadsheet anything you want. You can arrange the results based on the way you want to display. When you analyze large amounts of da...

Excel 07 to Access 03 ??
Can I import a large (794,000 rows) Excel 2007 file into Access 2003? ...

Plots
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are there in Visual C++ plots drawing library like BCB TeeChart? Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C50860.E8475A00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dkoi8-r&q...

External data retrieve timescale
Is there any way to lower the Refresh External Data time to below 1minute? Thank you. Richard Hi Richard, using application.ontime you can schedule a procedure that will refresh your data more often than once per minute. Regards, Ivan ...

Not able to close Excel
On some workstations with Groupwise installed (without integration of documents) users can't close excel with the x in the right-top-corner anymore. They get several resource library related errors from Groupwise and finally the following error message appears: gwxl79.xla Close macro. Error code is 91. What can I do, besides renaming odma322.dll, which didn't help? Peter Have a look here for info on Groupwise. Q260199 - XL2000: Close Button Is Dimmed After Groupwise Is Installed http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q260/1/99.ASP Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 ...

Large spreadsheet file but no data
I have a spreadsheet with twowork sheets. On the first are a number of (about 5) If statments per row with abou 300 rows. The second has selective references to the first sheet. This spreadsheet acts as the basis for a two page word mail merg document with about 20 merge fields. The spreadsheet has a size of 3.07mb which seems very large for what i has on it. I have now deleted everything I can see from the spreadsheet includin all borders and colours and the size is still similar. Does anyone have any ideas why this could be? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ar...

data disapear
Hello, I made a software writing data to access database. It has been worked well for many years under W2000, XP and also Win7. Now I encountered the problem at one Vista installation. After some days data were entered suddenly disappear data and the database is empty. Maybe windows installer brings the older version of database from the installation package?? Has anybody some idea? Where should I check? Thanks Uwe On 06/05/2010 12:31, Uwe Conradi wrote: > Hello, > I made a software writing data to access database. It has been worked > well for many years under W2...

Numbers are changed in Excel?
I created a spread sheet of some stuff. I entered some serial and account numbers. For some reason that everyone but me probably knows the numbers are changed by Excel by inserting a ., a + sign, etc. hat are not as I typed. What's going on here? Thanks. I would say it's some formatting (either default or pre-existing) in those cells. Try giving all those cells the "Text" format. Then Excel won't add decimal places or signs. I -think- Excel won't let you do math with those values (unless you convert them first), but you probably don't need to add or subtra...

Add New Font in Excel
Is there a way for me to add a new font in Excel? I have downloaded the font (truetype) I want to use for a project. How (or can) I add it to the list of fonts Excel presents when reformatting cells? Thanks in advance! -- Fred 2002 Excel will use the fonts that are installed in Windows. So you have to install the font. windows start button|control panel|Font applet File|install new font Fred 2002 wrote: > > Is there a way for me to add a new font in Excel? I have downloaded the font > (truetype) I want to use for a project. How (or can) I add it to the list of > fonts E...

Setting excel to landscape and setting print area from access
I have an excel file that I create from access and I was wondering if there is an easy way to set the page setup to landscape and to set the print area width from access. Is there an easy way to do this? I created a macro with the excel macro recorder but I am not sure if I can somehow use this code to have access do this. Any direction on this would be appreciated. thanks [code] With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "" End With ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "" With Active...

Updating Series Data for chart based on variable.
I'm trying to have VBA change the ranges for a chart based on the last row in a set of data. The row number has been set to "i". I already have Dim i as long at the beginning of my macro My code looks like this: Sheet6.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate With ActiveChart .SeriesCollection(1).Value = Sheet1.Range("$CH$17:$CH$" & i) .SeriesCollection(1).XValues = Sheet1.Range("$I$17:$I$" & i) .SeriesCollection(2).Value = Sheet1.Range("$CG$17:$CG$" & i) .SeriesCollection(2).XValues...

Can I control other process UI and input some data ?
Hi How can I control other process UI and input some data value like input edit box or click button controls ? Is there some good sample code and tool to help me ? Thank you . "Kid" <Kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC912098-E45E-4A70-82C0-5816011877D8@microsoft.com... > Hi > > How can I control other process UI and input some data value like input > edit > box or click button controls ? > > Is there some good sample code and tool to help me ? > > Thank you . There is no all-purpose solution but many things can be done by...

BackingUp data
Hi may i know how i can backup my outlook contacts and other data into an external drive using outlook 2007 and 2003 "Amin" <Amin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:546C619C-6F3B-4432-802F-26CA0D645638@microsoft.com... > Hi may i know how i can backup my outlook contacts and other data into an > external drive using outlook 2007 and 2003 Close Outlook and copy the pst file. It's as simple as that, as a search on Google or here would have told you. ...

Importing Data #2
I am new to Money having previously been doing my own accounts in Excel. I have data that could be used in money - payee, category, date, account, amount etc. Is there any way of importing this data into Momey? Thanks Max In microsoft.public.money, Max Scott wrote: >I am new to Money having previously been doing my own accounts in Excel. I >have data that could be used in money - payee, category, date, account, >amount etc. Is there any way of importing this data into Momey? Money can File->Import QIF and OFX files. QIF is simpler. QIF does include payee, category, date, and...

plotting long plots
I have a HP designjet 110 nr plotter. I've created a plot that we nee to show drilling activity. My first plot was 24"x36". Plot works grea and to scale. My next plot was to be 24"x72". Now the charts will no even display in Print Preview. I can scale back the plot where it i about 48" and it will preview and plot, but I need it to go out eve futher than 72 inches. I may go out as far as 30 feet. I have images on the plot area and it will print it just fine at th farther distances -- TexasDa -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Copied data not treated same way as typed in data
Hi there. I am new to this newsgroup - but I wonder if someone might be able to help. I have an Excel spreadsheet (MS Excel'97 .xls Workbook) which contains a whole load of data. I am trying to use the FREQUENCY command [e.g. =FREQUENCY($N$7:$N$2000,C60:C61)] to summarise certain columns of data - to tell me the number of times that certain codes appear. I have used the FREQUENCY command before in another spreadsheet without any problem. In my current spreadsheet I have setup the FREQUENCY commands in exactly the same way, but all the output fields appear as zero. Interestingly thoug...

Excel 07 won't allow my Excel 03 files to link properly
We recently loaded excel 2007 onto my PC at work, but kept excel 03 on it as the default program since the rest of the company still uses excel 03. I noticed that now my links do not work. Most of my excel reporting is done as a shell summary workbook that links to multiple source files that have been exported from our database interface. (These can be exported as .xls or ..xl5) Before loading in 07, all of my source files were exported as .xls and worked fine. Now, even though I've totally removed excel 07 from my pc and unistalled/ reinstalled 03, the links will not ...

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

Plotting Data
Hi, how can I plot the analysis data in the document class, in its related view class. Is it possible to make plots like in MATLAB (surface plots,mesh plots of a matrix)??? ...

External Data Source and Adjacent Column / Data
I have a worksheet that gets it's data from an external data source. On that same worksheet, the 2 columns immediately to the right of that dataset are for "Notes" and a date. My goal is that someone can put notes in that column and it "binds" itself to that line of data, such that if the data moves to a different row in the excel worksheet (because of other data changes or whatever), that note stays with it. And if that line of data is removed from the dataset, a refresh would also remove the note. Instead, data in "Note" is binding to the row number...

import or query another db to get weekly data for a report
I realize I might not need an import because I don't want to write over the imported data each week. Do I use a SQL update or append query to get data from an Access db on our network? I don't see the tables in my query design tool so I'm wondering how I do the query if I can't see the tables for the other database. thanks, ...

how do i open an attachment created by excel?
I received an email that was created by excel how do i open it ?I dont have excel. -- Paula Go to this site http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Popular.aspx?DisplayLang=en&categoryId= #27 Excel Viewer 2003 Hope this helps -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=380016 Maybe the free viewer from Microsoft would be sufficient: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/officeupdate/CD...

Read data from cells in different worksheets
Hi! I have a problem with my VBA code when I try to read values from cells in two different worksheets. When I run the macro the program tells me that I=B4m out of bound. But everything works when I save the data in the same worksheet. How shold I write the code so that this simple thing could work? The data should be read when the user makes a buttonlick and then it will be used later on. The code is simple like this: Public Sub Button1_Click() A =3D Worksheets("Page1").Range("N8").Value B =3D Worksheets("Page2").Range("I8").Value I want to save the ...

MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay
We have quite a lot of projects in Project Server. Should there be data in MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay table on ProjectServer_Reporting db? Now the table is totally empty. How can we get data to that table? Hi Jyrki, what happens if you publish a project? Does that data get to the table? Are there any failed jobs in your queue? You can try to force a rebuild of your Reporting DB: 1. From PWA - Server Settings - Administrative Backup, take backup of ‘Enterprise Custom Fields’. 2. From PWA - Server Settings - Administrative Restore, restore ‘Enterprise Custom Fields’. You ...