Placing Trendlines Behind Data Points

Is there a way to get the trendline to show behind the points?  I have an XY
(scatter chart using just the points (no lines).  I added a trendline to get
a nice parabolic curve.  Normally I would use the connected option when I
pick the chart type, but the resulting line does not fit as well as the
trendline.
0
Sloth (218)

Not that I know of. The trendline shows within open marker with a white
background
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Sloth" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to get the trendline to show behind the points?  I have an
> XY
> (scatter chart using just the points (no lines).  I added a trendline to
> get
> a nice parabolic curve.  Normally I would use the connected option when I
> pick the chart type, but the resulting line does not fit as well as the
> trendline.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Add Trendline to Pivot Table Graph
I have a list of survey responses and I have created a Pivot Table with Month as the Row Heading and Count of Respondent as Data. I have then created a Pivot Table chart. I want to show a trendline but when I select the columns and right click for Trendline, as I would normally, the option is greyed out. How do I create a trendline for the pivot table category columns? If Add Trendline is disabled with a pivot chart (I don't know, I rarely make pivot charts), you could plot the data in a regular chart, then add your trendline. Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, and Real Charts...

How to display out data in CRM web application
Dear all, I want to display ourself some data in CRM web application, anyone know how to do it? I know how to add button in Main navigation pane etc, But If I want to display my data, Whehter we must write a asp.net programme connect to our database ddisplay it alone? how to intergrate to CRM? Thanks for any help! "Steven" <sn_aa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OJs4PUJ7DHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to display ourself some data in CRM web application, anyone know how > to do it? I know how to add button in Main navigation pane etc, But If I > want t...

Looking up data in various columns
Hi all, It is possible to do the following: Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E 123 456 No 789 Yes I would like to enter a three digit number i.e. 123 in column A and for it then to lookup for the identical number in Column C and return the number in Column D to Column B if Column E equals "No". If I was to enter the number 123 in Column A and Column E equals "Yes" then I want to notify the user via a message box (if possible) that this number is incorrect and needs to be ...

Trendlines in graphs
Hi all! I have an interesting question. I am ploting a graph where the X axis is by months and the Y axis is the number of parts produced. Some months we do not produce any parts; therefore, the Y axis is "0" at that time. When I put a trend line on the chart, it sees the "0" as a computable data point. A line is then generated but is off from the true trend. The true trend can be generated if I remove all the non producing months. Is there a way to specify specific groups of cells in a column that you want to use in a trendline analysis--sort of hop scotch ...

Printing data from a form
Is there a way of printing required data out from a form. I have 3 forms with data for 3 different locations, and I would like to be able to print the records from the form as required. I have tried googling for an answer to this but can't find anything as yet. Thanks Bob H wrote: > Is there a way of printing required data out from a form. > I have 3 forms with data for 3 different locations, and I would like to > be able to print the records from the form as required. > > I have tried googling for an answer to this but can't find anything as yet. >...

Bypass 16-point touch calibration
Does anybody have an idea how to bypass 16-point touch calibration appearing on first calibration of a digitizer device. I am working with a capacitive touchscreen and don't need the extra outside square and some users find it hard to get their fingers on the corner spots. The 16-point calibration shows up on first user calibration and then the 4-point calibration is used from second time on. I would like to skip straight to the 4-point calibration even if the touch digitizer has never been calibrated before. Thanks for any help. ...

Preserve Shape Data
I have a server shape with custom properties (shape data) defined. Now, I would like to take the server shape and make various versions of it, i.e. add an envelope to make it e-mail server shape w/o losing the shape data of the server. Any time I group the envelope and the server shape, the new shape looses the custom properties I would like to preserve. If I add the new shape w/o grouping to a stencil, grouping will automatically occur resulting again in losing the data. Would anybody know how to get around this? On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:42:05 -0800, Germex <Germex@discussions.micr...

To determine the data type of the selection range
I have a range of 20 column by 30 rows I want to check all the cells of the selection and then among the selection find out if the cell contains integer or error value or text or some other data type. Thanks in advance. Hi Subodh, Try here... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CountType.aspx ....it might not be exactly what you're looking for but it should be a good start. Br, Nick This does a debug.print foe each cell Boolean ends ups as "Empty" best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Sub tryme2() Set myd...

source data with two decimal points?
Hello, I'm trying to chart some data that has two decimal points, ie 3.4.5, 3.5.4, 4.1.3, etc When there is one decimal point there are no problems but with data with two decimal points the chart seems to show all values as being zero? Any ideas? Thanks Yes, of course it shows as zero, as a string with more than one period mark is a text string, not a number. If you want to convert the text string into an equivalent number you'll need to define the rules for the conversion. Will there be only one character between pairs of "decimal points" or are numbers such as 3.15...

aligning data
never really needed to use excel in the past, so apologies if this is a dumb question. let's say i have 4 sets of data. each set is 2 columns. 1st column is a code, second is an occurrence count. between the 4 sets, any particular code may or may not be in the data set. what i'd like to know is, is there a built in function that will align all the codes and their counts for me? i need to keep the individual data sets, so i can't just count up all the individual codes and give the total. i've attached a couple samples since this is kind of hard to explain. the first is...

Data Encryption
Is there a way to anonymize say a column of employee numbers in Excel? I want it done in such a way that for each year of data the number is encrypted the same way so i can use the encrypted value to look up data for that employee without knowing who the person is? Thanks for any assistance you can provide. What's the end purpose of this hiding/encrypting of the employee numbers? Just to hide them from you, or to hide from other people viewing the reports/output later? In either case you could 'hide' them by building a separate sheet that has 2 columns: a series ...

How do I combine tabulated data into a single column and list alphabetically?
Hi, I have tabulated (grid) text strings (names) in cells in various columns and rows with the occasional unavoidable blank cell in the grid. How do create a single column of data (text strings) listed alphabetically? The icing on the cake would be to eliminate any gaps created by the original grid such that the column is unbroken. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks Kev Nurse To eliminate the empty cells. select the column (one at a time) edit|goto|special|blanks rightclick on one of the select blanks choose delete shift cells up. (repeat for each column) === Start a new ...

importing data #6
Anyone know how to import data from a SQL Server database into a formatted excel sheet so that it shows up in the right place, and when it updates it stays in the right place? Hi have you tried 'Data - Import External Data - Import Data)? >-----Original Message----- >Anyone know how to import data from a SQL Server database into a formatted excel sheet so that it shows up in the right place, and when it updates it stays in the right place? >. > ...

Placing bubbles
I would like to place bubbles on the 2D places (x,y) with different radius. The coordinates are the (column, row) an´d the rtadius the value in the cell (column, row). For example the value 0.25 in the cell (2,5) means, that a bubble with radius 0.25 placed on the 2D coordinate system at the location x=2, y=5. How to do it ? The bubble chart places the bubbles on the location (column, radius). Thanks in advance, Laszlo I'm probably not understanding but I'll take a shot . . . assuming the bubble chart is similar to an XY Scatter chart, wouldn't you set your data up li...

Extracting unique data from a range
I have a list of data over 20,000 lines long, with an unknown number of duplicates. I either want to extract one record for each unique record. or delete the duplicates. I don't think there is a function that will do this. Filter would be too slow and manual. I am thinking that an If/Then statement with Do/Loop would work, but I am having difficulties with the syntax. Also can't get away from specific cell reference. This is how I see it: Sub DeleteDuplicates() Range("B1").Select If Selection = Range("B2") Then Delete xlrow Else: xlDown d...

use data on master worksheet for sorting
How do I take data from one worksheet and put it on another worksheet i a different sort order so that if data is added to the master sheet i will also be displayed in subsequent worksheets in the workbook -- cwjoh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cwjohn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1604 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27508 Write code that will copy the input to master and paste on the other sheets and resorts. you can put it in the worksheets change event. with th...

Data Table Help
Excel 2003 - I have a line chart with a data table showing values by month. Also on the chart is a target line - not a trendline - the target line remains a constant value (since it is a target) so I do not need to show it's value on the data table but because I am plotting the line on my graph it is automatically showing up in my data table. Is there a way to take it off? I've tried adding data - merging the cells with the data - no dice. Is this even possible? Thanks, K Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BizTalk: Conditional looping incorpo...

Migration of data fails
Anyone know how the CRM data migration framework works? I have in a test environment set up a new CRM 3.0 and populated it with users and some basic data. With the SSIS in SQL Server 2005 I have populated the Account table in the cd_mscrm database. Then when I try to use the "CRM data migration framework" and the CDF migrate wizard it says "The migration wizard completed succesfully". But no data are migrated. The table says 0 cdf records, 0 migrated records and 0 non migrated records. Still there are 3900 records in the account table. Why is they not counted - wha...

Data sync between portal and MS CRM 3.0
Hi all, I need to synchronise data between potal (backend is Sql Server) and MS CRM 3.0. Is there any way I can do that. Thanks in advance ! Hi Misha, You can create your own synchronization module to accomplish this. CRM does offer webservices to interact with. Read the SDK for more information on how to use the CRM Webservices. Kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Misha" wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to synchronise data between potal (backend is Sql Server) and MS CRM > 3.0. > Is there any way ...

Shortcuts placed on desktop
Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on my desktop. Does anyone know how to turn this off? -- JollyRoger In microsoft.public.money, JollyRoger wrote: >Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on my >desktop. Does anyone know how to turn this off? Tools->Options->General->TurnOffSponsorshipsAndShoppingLinks. Thanks for the help. -- JollyRoger "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, JollyRoger wrote: > > >Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on ...

Place Templates
Well,. I. ...

data/validation/list size to small

want to turn PT row data into column data
original data: name win loss score paul 1 325 Jane 0 1 225 walt 1 400 nancy 0 200 jane 1 300 nancy 1 200 paul 1 365 walt 1 350 when i create p.t. I get (or a vague approximation) paul win 2 loss 0 avg 345 jane win 1 loss 1 avg 260 walt win 1 loss 1 avg 375 nancy win 0 loss 2 avg 200 but this is what I would like: name win loss avg Paul 2 0 345 Jane 1 1 260 walt 1 1 375 nancy 0 2 200 ---------------------------- HOw? tx phynkel, Grab the g...

import data from deleted items
I try to import the file 'deleted item' from an other outlook express 6 and it does not work , the deleted item file is 324,000 ko big is it the reason ? Thank's for your help Mike ...

Data Labels and Trendlines
Two questions: Is it possible to individually color format Data Labels? Can drop lines somehow be added to a trend line? Thanks, Phil Phil, Yes, you can individually color data labels. If you click on any data label once, you will select all of the labels within the series. Click again and you will select the individual label. In effect, double-click on the data label to select it. Then use the fill-color icon or other formatting tools to format the label. I don't believe you can add drop down bars to a trendline via Excel's normal trendline options. However, you can ex...